cloroxmartini
04-02-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm sure this has been discused before but, what console is the best...

PS2

http://www.geocities.com/zappyzane/newsandinfo/playstation2.jpg

Gamecube

http://www.gamenationtv.com/hardware/images/gamcube2sm.jpg

Or Xbox!

http://www.ladydragon.com/3xboxces.jpg

Let the mayhem insue!! :evil:

zilchr0
04-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Sorry, I go for none of the above. PC fan......

cloroxmartini
04-03-2004, 09:09 AM
Pc is cool. But unless you spend a ton of money, you have to set all your favorite games to the lowest graphic settings.

kyle
04-03-2004, 09:10 AM
ohhh....dont even start this, it just turns into mindless bashing...i PREFER the GameCube, but its all personal taste

cloroxmartini
04-03-2004, 09:26 AM
ohhh....dont even start this, it just turns into mindless bashing...i PREFER the GameCube, but its all personal taste
__________________________________________________ ____________

Yes, I agree. However, I find Xbox can be cut with a fork, and goes down smooth, like a good filet. Ahhhhhhhh, Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Gooooooooood.

PS2? I have to upgrade to a good serrated knife and wash it down with something. Tastes like hamburger. Hey, where's the ketchup?

Gamecube? I have to marinate it for weeks, then I have to use a cleaver to get it into manageble pieces for a newly sharpened German made Henkels knife. After all that it still tastes like Swiss Steak. Hey! Ain't the guy next eating filet?

;D

burned_inside
04-03-2004, 09:28 AM
He's right though, you don't really don't want to start this.

cloroxmartini
04-03-2004, 10:02 AM
He's right though, you don't really want to start this.
__________________________________________________ ___

If I didn't, I wouldn't. ;)

burned_inside
04-03-2004, 10:04 AM
He's right though, you don't really don't want to start this.there you go.

Unregistered
04-06-2004, 09:16 AM
there you go.

Clorox you already know which console is the best look at your avatar!

doormonkey
04-06-2004, 09:25 AM
My vote goes to PS2, just for sheer variety of games.

Heri Altariel
04-06-2004, 10:58 AM
My personal opinion is that Xbox is the best. Just look at it. It's beautiful!
http://www.gamenationtv.com/hardware/images/xboxsystemlrg.jpg

doormonkey
04-06-2004, 11:00 AM
If bigger is better, then xbox will never be beat...seriously, why did they make it so freakin' huge?

mysterious-wave
04-06-2004, 11:03 AM
Cuz its funny... hee hee hee...

Heri Altariel
04-06-2004, 11:09 AM
Its about the size of a laptop and its portable, you can buy one for 140.00 dollars and it still plays games with better graphics than most computers. ;D

doormonkey
04-06-2004, 11:10 AM
Or for true portability you can buy a GC, or if you want to play good games (Halo excluded) you can buy PS2, which has pretty much every game imaginable.

cloroxmartini
04-06-2004, 11:35 AM
Or for true portability you can buy a GC, or if you want to play good games (Halo excluded) you can buy PS2, which has pretty much every game imaginable.

Did you know that they had to take the rain out in Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon for PS2. IMHO, if PS2 tried to import Halo onto their platform, it would fry the graphics card.

But I do agree, PS2 does have a lot more games than xbox. Like Silent hill, fatal frame, manhunt, posatal 2, and let's not forget, Grand Theft Auto. ;D

Heri Altariel
04-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Did you know that they had to take the rain out in Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon for PS2. IMHO, if PS2 tried to import Halo onto their platform, it would fry the graphics card.

But I do agree, PS2 does have a lot more games than xbox. Like Silent hill, fatal frame, manhunt, posatal 2, and let's not forget, Grand Theft Auto. ;D

PS2would be rather hard to bring around with you.It's so tall http://www.geocities.com/zappyzane/newsandinfo/playstation2.jpg But Xbox is small enough to fit into a suitcase.

What I have noticed is that the PS2 is always out of order when I go to Walmart, or Kmart. Last week or so I went to a new Target and the PS2 was broken. Why am I not suprised?

Unregistered
04-06-2004, 12:51 PM

PS2would be rather hard to bring around with you.It's so tall http://www.geocities.com/zappyzane/newsandinfo/playstation2.jpg But Xbox is small enough to fit into a suitcase.

What I have noticed is that the PS2 is always out of order when I go to Walmart, or Kmart. Last week or so I went to a new Target and the PS2 was broken. Why am I not suprised?

Thats how ps2 is, it SUCKS!!! plus, the xbox already has silent hill, fatal frame, and manhunt!!! the ps2 does not have postal 2 just to let you know :) clorox. the xbox has every so called "exclusive" on ps2

cloroxmartini
04-06-2004, 01:20 PM
Thank you for informing me. ;D

unshakeable15
04-06-2004, 03:25 PM
Its about the size of a laptop and its portable, you can buy one for 140.00 dollars and it still plays games with better graphics than most computers. ;D
i'm not gonna take part in this, but i had to comment. how can you say that the X-box is the size of a laptop? have you seen the Mac Notebooks? they are super-thin! about as thin as a regular newspaper. in fact, a normal laptop is about the thickness (if not less) than a Sunday newspaper. X-box? not that small. ;)

Heri Altariel
04-06-2004, 03:46 PM
??? Your point? ???

unshakeable15
04-06-2004, 03:51 PM
my point:
you said the X-box is "about the size of a laptop and it's portable" when it's not the size of a laptop. & while PS2 isn't portable either, GC is. it even comes with a handle for easy carrying. you made other points as well, but those two aren't valid. at least not to the extent that they make a good argument. that is my point.

Unregistered
04-06-2004, 04:41 PM
It is portable, I mean you can carry it pretty much anywhere that has a tv. (so much better than a Desk top, or a laptop)

cloroxmartini
04-06-2004, 04:59 PM
my point:
you said the X-box is "about the size of a laptop and it's portable" when it's not the size of a laptop. & while PS2 isn't portable either, GC is. it even comes with a handle for easy carrying. you made other points as well, but those two aren't valid. at least not to the extent that they make a good argument. that is my point.

And the oscar goes to... ;D

doormonkey
04-08-2004, 08:56 AM
Yah, you can carry the XBox in a suitcase, then you need a backpack for the controllers....

cloroxmartini
04-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Yah, you can carry the XBox in a suitcase, then you need a backpack for the controllers....

lol :D

doormonkey
04-08-2004, 09:17 AM
Well, it's true...

skynes
04-08-2004, 12:18 PM
My vote goes for GameCube.

I could just say "METROID Nuff sed" as my argument... but that's lame...
For me it goes like this

Metroid, Mario, Zelda, F-Zero. A few great series exclusively on Nintendo.
What does Sony have that interests me? Final Fantasy. No more. Nothing else appeals to me. Especially not GTA. Waaay too immoral for me.

X-Box is a PC trying to be a console. It's Microsoft trying to buy out ANOTHER set of computers.
Its first person shooters interest me, but not enough to buy one. anyway most of the X-Box games are on PC too so why buy an X-Box?

firefryer
04-08-2004, 02:05 PM
My vote goes to PS2, just for sheer variety of games.

Same here. :)

I grew up on playstation, and it has the best games (when the games aren't on other consoles), and the most awesome controller!

Sometimes I wish some games from the other two systems were on PS2, though. But, besides that...PS2 ROCKS!! :afro: ;D

The only thing is I started out with an original NES. Best thing besides Sega Genises (Did I spell that right?) for the price. When PS1 came out, my mom and dad bought it for $120!

BTW, I WANT HALO! WHY IS IT NOT ON PS2? I DO NOT KNOW!!

illjangamaster
04-08-2004, 03:10 PM
Same here. :)

I grew up on playstation, and it has the best games (when the games aren't on other consoles), and the most awesome controller!

Sometimes I wish some games from the other two systems were on PS2, though. But, besides that...PS2 ROCKS!! :afro: ;D

The only thing is I started out with an original NES. Best thing besides Sega Genises (Did I spell that right?) for the price. When PS1 came out, my mom and dad bought it for $120!

BTW, I WANT HALO! WHY IS IT NOT ON PS2? I DO NOT KNOW!!

Probably the lack thereof of a good graphics chip ;)

Heri Altariel
04-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Spiel Stationieren zwei hat die schlimmste Grafik in der Welt!!!!!!! :evil:

illjangamaster
04-08-2004, 03:20 PM
Spiel Stationieren zwei hat die schlimmste Grafik in der Welt!!!!!!! :evil:

the mods have been notified, you will be assimilated

1010110111010110101010errrrr.........

http://www.stardesktop.com/movies/m/thematrix/003.jpg

Ringmaster
04-09-2004, 08:34 PM
:evil: Hey ill, we have a halo game to finish, and ill, I will win.*cough*sore looser*cough* :evil:

illjangamaster
04-09-2004, 08:43 PM
:evil: Hey ill, we have a halo game to finish, and ill, I will win.*cough*sore looser*cough* :evil:

Hmmm, this seems to be my ill-conceived rival the Ringmaster!!! We will soon meet, and be challenged by our superb skills, I will be happy to fight you!!!! Tomorrow!!!Muwaahhahaha

http://www.halobabies.net/misc/avatars/mouse14/noobs.gif

Ringmaster
04-09-2004, 08:50 PM
Hmm.. I sense that you are blowing off allot of hot air. :evil:

Remember the last time we fought? Do I need to show you your picture AGAIN? Oh well...MUWAHAHAHA!!!!

http://sofajockey.com/uglybabies/baby1.jpg

illjangamaster
04-09-2004, 08:54 PM
Hmm.. I sense that you are blowing off allot of hot air. :evil:

Remember the last time we fought? Do I need to show you your picture AGAIN? Oh well...MUWAHAHAHA!!!!

http://www.indianchild.com/images/baby_crying.jpg

HMmmmm, there seems to be no, pic there, I guess there is not much in your statements LOL!!!!! Im a do this to you Tomorrow@!!!!!!!

http://home.earthlink.net/~addamw/avatars/hunterkilla.gif
HAve FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Ringmaster
04-09-2004, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=illjangamaster]HMmmmm, there seems to be no, pic there, I guess there is not much in your statements LOL!!!!! __________________________________________________ _______

Don't quite know what you're talking about. A picture is worth a thousand words. ;D

illjangamaster
04-09-2004, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=illjangamaster]HMmmmm, there seems to be no, pic there, I guess there is not much in your statements LOL!!!!! __________________________________________________ _______

Don't quite know what you're talking about. A picture is worth a thousand words. ;D

What does it say there, last edited by Ringmaster on " " HAHAHAHHAHA gotcha!!!!! :D just look at my reply post see th [X] HAHAHAHAHLOL!!!

Ringmaster
04-09-2004, 09:17 PM
:evil: hmm... is ill getting a little off topic? Are you afraid of what you know to be true? you know I am the master, you are afraid of defeat yet again. I am the master, you forget this and there can be only one master of halo.(and to give you a hint, its not you ;D .

http://www.bluesnews.com/screenshots/games/halo/20010516/thumb_Screenshot-06.jpg

:evil: You have yet to gain one tenth of my skill, NOOBIE!! :evil:

And you forget that I am the master at ninja gaiden too! :evil:
http://www.teamxbox.com/images/games/ss/439/thumb/1077594367.jpg

illjangamaster
04-09-2004, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=Ringmaster]:evil: hmm... is ill getting a little off topic? Are you afraid of what you know to be true? you know I am the master, you are afraid of defeat yet again. I am the master, you forget this and there can be only one master of halo.(and to give you a hint, its not you ;D .
:evil: You have yet to gain one tenth of my skill, NOOBIE!! :evil:

And you forget that I am the master at ninja gaiden too! :evil:

YOur points seem to come across as bland.
Still nothing shows, lost links, red x,
I think your the one getting off topic,
I am merely defending myself from wrong
accusations.

I am sorry, but I am the ILLJANGAMASTER===========MUwaahahahahaha

unshakeable15
04-09-2004, 09:55 PM
let me direct you to the PM feature of these boards. if you click on a user, a screen with flip down & one of the options is to send the user a PM. it's good message board ettiquette to keep private conversations (or conversations to which other cannot add) to PMs. :) thanks guys.

Heri Altariel
04-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Ya, you guys need to start a thread about Halo if you want to talk about that. You both are getting off topic. But you guys don't even want to go against me on Halo ;D Remember last time. I got you guys crying and Ringmaster was comforting Illjanga ;D MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :evil:

zilchr0
04-17-2004, 10:09 AM
let me direct you to the PM feature of these boards. if you click on a user, a screen with flip down & one of the options is to send the user a PM. it's good message board ettiquette to keep private conversations (or conversations to which other cannot add) to PMs. :) thanks guys.
But Mike, I thought the entire point was to digress the conversation right to the point where one of you wonderful mods come tapping on the shoulder and then rapidly scramble back on topic? ::]

unshakeable15
04-17-2004, 10:37 AM
um. no. that's what Pointless (http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=1200) is for. & we mods don't have to tap you. :) otherwise you'd get really big bruises from all the tapping we'd be doing.

so, which is the better console? i forgot. ???

zilchr0
04-17-2004, 01:14 PM
Hardware, the xbox reigns(unfortunatly, no one takes advantage of it). Um games, prob Gamecube. Oh, and the only useful thing for playstation is DDR in my opinion.

cloroxmartini
04-17-2004, 10:17 PM
The only good use for a PS2 is as a doorstop.

zilchr0
04-17-2004, 11:40 PM
Don't forget paperweight!

cloroxmartini
04-18-2004, 09:02 AM
And a hotplate ;D .

doormonkey
04-19-2004, 08:54 AM
Don't forget paperweight!
Well in that case, you could use XBox as a counterweight for an elevator....hehe

skynes
04-19-2004, 09:53 AM
The X-Box is a good breezeblock. A useful weapon when dropped on a sister's head... LOL!

Nintendo could STILL be good competition even if all the 2nd and 3rd parties left them. they still have all the MArio, MEtroid and Zelda games.

IF MS and Sony lost their 3rd parties. Needless to say that'd be the end of them.

I'll always go Nintendo. Sure they may not have as large a variety of games as PS does but how many of Nintendo's games suck? How many of PS1/2s games suck? I rest my case...

I take Quality over Quantity

Heri Altariel
04-25-2004, 12:30 PM
Do not cut down thy Xbox >:( . It rockeths

burned_inside
04-25-2004, 06:39 PM
I will say something agaist the XBox, becaseu it like over heats or soemthng, lol, well, I do believe they fixed it, finnally, or did they?

cloroxmartini
04-25-2004, 06:53 PM
i think they did. then again, i've never heard of that problem before. mine has always worked perfectly.

burned_inside
04-25-2004, 06:57 PM
I don't know, I just heard that like 2 years ago, thats the only reason why.

cloroxmartini
04-25-2004, 07:02 PM
oh, okay. then they must have fixed it.

illjangamaster
04-25-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey, well I have a Launch Xbox, the first ones that came out, and it has worked perfectly fine.

firefryer
05-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Hey, well I have a Launch Xbox, the first ones that came out, and it has worked perfectly fine.

Don't talk 'bout my PS2 like dat! >:(

cloroxmartini
05-06-2004, 07:30 PM
^what you takin' 'bout?

ted
05-29-2004, 12:28 AM
Are you people that bored?

VGV Head CP
10-04-2004, 08:19 AM
This needs to be a poll. I say X-Box. The PS2 is as good as the X-Box, but don't underestimate the fact that the PS2 came out before the X-Box. GameCube sucks with the exception of the games.

disciple
10-04-2004, 06:27 PM
Pshh, none of the above. The NES is the best. :>

A.D.

animeraven34
10-04-2004, 10:13 PM
GameCube sucks with the exception of the games.

Why does it suck? Personally I don't give a crap. I own a GameCube and an XBOX and I am thinking about getting a PS2. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. What's the big deal?

VGV Head CP
10-05-2004, 05:08 AM
Well, the Game Cube is the leading amount of graphics, it does have mor controller ports, than the PS2, but the only thing that's good about it, is that it is better than the N64, has the ability to play Game Boy Games, and has some great games. Nintendo should have just stuck with soft-ware, not hard-ware.

disciple
10-05-2004, 08:59 PM
Why does it suck? Personally I don't give a crap. I own a GameCube and an XBOX and I am thinking about getting a PS2. They all have their advantages and disadvantages. What's the big deal?
I agree. :)

But the NES still reigns. :afro: ;)

Invincible
10-06-2004, 01:34 AM
In my opinion i reckon the SNES is the best!! It has a huge list of games and I have some very fond memories of rainy days sitting down and playing a good game of Secret of Mana, Maximum Carnage or when friends came over Chaos Engine or Smash Tv (now that was a funny game).. Those games ROCK!

VGV Head CP
10-06-2004, 05:27 AM
I agree. Snes is better than Nes. Take graphics for example.
Super Metroid Metroid
Better Not better

!

disciple
10-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Naw, I'm just foolin', but I still absolutely LOVE the NES. Sorry, you can call me old school, but I really grew up on those games (Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge, Solstice, Metroid, The Legend of Zelda, etc.) so they're a part of me, really. But my attachment streches also to the SNES, 'cause I grew up on games like Super Metoid and Actraiser 2 and The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past.

So really, I treat both systems equally. Or, I wish I could, but I know or like so little on the SNES but I remember a bunch on NES games I liked. When the SNES came out, during the short period of my life when I was allowed to rent video games, I had little to no skill. So Doom was out of the question. :P But Chrono Trigger and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars made me stay with the SNES until my Dad could find copies of Super Metroid and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past. Dang, I wish I owned Chrono Trigger.

skynes
10-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Super Metroid

That game is easily my favourite game on the SNES. Tales of Phantasia is probably 2nd. The SNES is easily better than all the current consoles and probably better than all the next gen ones too.

VGV Head CP
10-07-2004, 08:48 AM
Where are you on Super Metroid? I have already beat the game, but my data got erased, and I haven't played it in so long, it is hard to know what to do. I have just started fighting Ridley . . . Stupid Konfu-Pirates.

Cornflake
10-07-2004, 10:59 AM
Well, the Game Cube is the leading amount of graphics, it does have mor controller ports, than the PS2,

Gamecube, and leading graphics are 3 words that cannot be used in the same sentence. Xbox is simply in my opinion the best. The graphics in most games are clean, the load times are faster, it has a built in HDD , no memory cards needed ( that has spoiled me), certain games, like tony hawk and matt hoffman, you can use your own soundtrack rather than their crappy ones. The Xbox controllers are simpler, and fit better. Xbox also has games like Halo and Fable. It has 4 ports , over PS2's 2, though PS2 plays dvd movies stock, xbox you need a 30 $ converter+control. IMO , I give Xbox a 9, PS2 a 7, and the GC.. i havent played it too much, but it has too many 'kiddy' games..

animeraven34
10-07-2004, 02:53 PM
and the GC.. i havent played it too much, but it has too many 'kiddy' games..

Not every game has to have blood and guts and sex in it to be good you know.

disciple
10-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Not every game has to have blood and guts and sex in it to be good you know.
I am going to write that down, that is such a good quote. You're totally right.

I agree about Super Metroid. It is easily my most favorite game on the SNES. I admit to being a huge fan of the game. And Alex, I thought my copy was the only one that did that? Well, it doesn't do it if I keep the game clean with me handy-dandy Nintendo Head Cleaner. ;D

boaguy
10-08-2004, 12:58 AM
The xbox is not beautiful nor is it laptop size (I could fit 3 or 4 of my laptop in that sucker) but it works great and xbox live ownz

VGV Head CP
10-09-2004, 05:28 AM
I am going to write that down, that is such a good quote. You're totally right.

I agree about Super Metroid. It is easily my most favorite game on the SNES. I admit to being a huge fan of the game. And Alex, I thought my copy was the only one that did that? Well, it doesn't do it if I keep the game clean with me handy-dandy Nintendo Head Cleaner. ;D

I broke my cleaner while cleaning it. DON"T ASK HOW!

Tip of advice: If it clears your data cut it off, blow it and wait to tommorow. Cause After I restarted the game, frusterated about the memory deletion, I started playing again. The next day, I turned it on to re-continue my quest, and my two other files were, so I overwritten my old file. It's just a glitch, so just wait, or file be deleted.

disciple
10-09-2004, 12:01 PM
LOL! I won't ask. ::] ;)

No, I think this copy just does it if it is incredibly dirty or inserted incorrectly.

cloroxmartini
10-09-2004, 09:48 PM
i can't wait 'till xbox 2 comes out.

disciple
10-09-2004, 09:49 PM
I have a better idea: Stop making new consoles for another three years so I can buy the current ones and MAYBE have some fun!

skilletosis
10-10-2004, 02:24 PM
As for the "kiddy games" coment Gamecube has games that are much more friendly for kids. I prefer Mario Smash where you can beat the crap out of each other and laugh histericaly doing it. My mother-in-law got my son Mario Party 5 for his birthday and they have had that thing on all day... I don't know when I'll let them play the more "blood, and gore" games but it wont be for quite some time. Now the kids want Donkey Konga...

Cornflake
10-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Yeah I agree it doesn't HAVE to have blood/sex/gore etc.. but come on.. I don't like cartoons, I dont want to play a game that looks like one.. I generally don't play GTA, but I do play halo, etc. In fact, most of my games are goreless. BMX games, LoTR games, driving games, etc.

disciple
10-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Well, I do agree that playing games that LOOK like a cartoon is rather a setback during gameplay for me; it's distracting. I watch cartoons, not play them. But as for content, I'm all for Mario games (except Sunshine :P) and stuff like that. Not Pikmin. :P

cloroxmartini
10-11-2004, 07:29 PM
i like ghost recon. hehe

skilletosis
10-13-2004, 02:28 PM
Well, I do agree that playing games that LOOK like a cartoon is rather a setback during gameplay for me; it's distracting. I watch cartoons, not play them. But as for content, I'm all for Mario games (except Sunshine :P) and stuff like that. Not Pikmin. :P

that's what adds to the fun and hilarity. I mean to be able to bash Yoshi over the head with a giant sized hammer.. what more could one want...

cloroxmartini
10-13-2004, 11:20 PM
i remember playing mario way back in the day. mmm... good time...

disciple
10-13-2004, 11:22 PM
that's what adds to the fun and hilarity. I mean to be able to bash Yoshi over the head with a giant sized hammer.. what more could one want...
You mean Mario Party or somethin'? I don't know a game other than that where you beat up Mario's ally. :P

Nope, I am the opposite. If it looks like a cartoon, it subtracts gameplay. Otherwise I am fine with playing games that humor me. Mario Party isn't all that bad, better with friends (and not siblings) I'd assume.

animeraven34
10-14-2004, 02:53 PM
You mean Mario Party or somethin'? I don't know a game other than that where you beat up Mario's ally. :P

Actually I believe she was refering to Super Smash Brothers.

disciple
10-16-2004, 05:11 PM
Actually I believe she was refering to Super Smash Brothers.
I know, after I posted that the next thought I had was Smash Bros. :P

cloroxmartini
10-21-2004, 11:38 PM
i want splinter cell 3! toobad it comes out in q1.

Saved_by_him21
10-26-2004, 07:29 AM
I think PC is just as good as any console. Thats my honest opinion. :-)

disciple
10-26-2004, 12:10 PM
I want Doom 3! Too bad it seems to be XboX and PC only. :(

animeraven34
10-26-2004, 04:25 PM
I want Doom 3! Too bad it seems to be XboX and PC only. :(
Heheh :P Uh...I mean, that's too bad...

disciple
10-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Heheh :P Uh...I mean, that's too bad...
*dangles a demo for Doom 3 in front of his face* how does that feel?? :D

animeraven34
10-27-2004, 04:21 PM
*dangles a demo for Doom 3 in front of his face* how does that feel?? :D
:( How can you be so cruel?

disciple
10-27-2004, 07:18 PM
:( How can you be so cruel?
I was only cruel 'cause you 'hehe'd. :P

animeraven34
10-27-2004, 08:12 PM
I was only cruel 'cause you 'hehe'd. :P
hehe... ;D

cloroxmartini
10-27-2004, 09:53 PM
fun stuff. can't wait till the kotor 2 comes out.

animeraven34
10-27-2004, 10:26 PM
I can't wait for KOTOR 2 either, course I also can't wait for DOOM 3 on XBOX, Half Life 2, HALO 2, Starcraft Ghost just to name a few.

cloroxmartini
10-29-2004, 09:26 PM
haha. yeah. but kotor most of all. well, for me at least.

animeraven34
10-29-2004, 09:36 PM
I now have more reason to consider getting a PS2. I saw an ad on Gamespot for: Neo Contra! 'Bout time someone made a new Contra game.

cloroxmartini
10-29-2004, 09:38 PM
have you seen the new ps2?

animeraven34
10-30-2004, 12:03 AM
Yes I have! This is the first time I've ever heard of a major redesign of a console like that, and this one is pretty radical.

disciple
10-30-2004, 11:06 AM
Howabout the PSOne? That was fairly radical. :P Anyways, did you notice that the DS has two screens (I think)?

animeraven34
10-30-2004, 02:02 PM
I never payed any attention to PSOne. :P

Yes the DS has two screens, why do you think they named it the DS (Dual Screens)? Also, the bottom screen is a touch screen.

disciple
10-31-2004, 01:05 PM
Oh, wow, it's a touch screen? By the way, I had no clue what DS meant. For all I knew it meant "Dumb Stick" :P

animeraven34
10-31-2004, 02:26 PM
Yup, its a second display and a touch screen. On games like Metroid you can have the map or your menus and similar things on the bottom screen. I know a lot of people who think the DS is a dumb idea but I think its cool. Hmmm, I wonder if Microsoft is gonna make a portable system now?

disciple
11-01-2004, 01:28 PM
They already have handheld PCs. ;)

Also, I read that the DS can be used as a chat medium between two DS's within a certain area. You can either insert letters or draw (or write) to them. I think it's a cool idea. The Mic idea might be a waste of time, especially with Mario Party 6.

animeraven34
11-01-2004, 03:40 PM
Yeah. A mic would be stupid. Regarding the PSP, I heard that it's supposed to be able to play movies. But 185 bucks for one?! I think the DS's price is more reasonable, its only 140.

j6stik
11-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Go Nintendo! I have to root for the original.... and I just despise Sony.

Invincible
11-01-2004, 05:35 PM
Yay another nintendo fan!! Go Nintendo.. I can't wait for the new Zelda to come out...

animeraven34
11-01-2004, 07:26 PM
I am and will always be a Sega man!! I just prefer Nitendo over Sony and Microsoft.

disciple
11-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Yeah. A mic would be stupid. Regarding the PSP, I heard that it's supposed to be able to play movies. But 185 bucks for one?! I think the DS's price is more reasonable, its only 140.
$185 is generous. Why? Because a handheld DVD player goes for more than that nowadays. So adding a mere $30 for a hand held DVD Player is generous.

And Sony doesn't suck. Their platformers are FAR better than the stuff Nin's been dishin' out recently (save Metroid Prime 1 & 2, no matter what). Jak 3 and R&C: Up Your Arsenal are comin' out, and I can't wait to get my hands on 'em!

Sony and Nintendo are neck-and-neck with me. They both have games that I could play forever. Sega's cool too - the Dreamcast had some games that are pretty memorable, if I do say so myself. Skies of Arcadia and such.

animeraven34
11-02-2004, 01:53 PM
I never said that the PSP could play DVD's. It's not big enough to fit a DVD in it. As far as it being $185, I have never payed that much for any gaming console, and the reason I say that seems high is because you just know they are gonna drop the price here pretty soon after it comes out. Besides $185 is more than half of what I make every month. There are three reasons that I like Nintendo over Sony (I never said Sony sucked) and Microsoft: 1) Most of the games that come out for PS2 and XBOX don't appeal to me. I don't play sports games (ever), don't care for adventure games, and I kinda suck at fighting games. 2) Nintendo and SEGA are partners now. 3) I like Nintendo's minimalistic approach; they put out game consoles for GAMING, nothing else (with the exception of the DS I suppose). When I said I will always be a SEGA man I was refering more to the Genesis, CD, 32x, old school SEGA.

disciple
11-02-2004, 01:58 PM
I never said that the PSP could play DVD's. It's not big enough to fit a DVD in it. As far as it being $185, I have never payed that much for any gaming console, and the reason I say that seems high is because you just know they are gonna drop the price here pretty soon after it comes out. Besides $185 is more than half of what I make every month. There are three reasons that I like Nintendo over Sony (I never said Sony sucked) and Microsoft: 1) Most of the games that come out for PS2 and XBOX don't appeal to me. I don't play sports games (ever), don't care for adventure games, and I kinda suck at fighting games. 2) Nintendo and SEGA are partners now. 3) I like Nintendo's minimalistic approach; they put out game consoles for GAMING, nothing else (with the exception of the DS I suppose). When I said I will always be a SEGA man I was refering more to the Genesis, CD, 32x, old school SEGA.
I didn't say YOU said Sony sucked, I was speaking in general. I guess I got lazy and didn't add that guy's quote in there. :-\ And playing movies, I guess they'd have to make new types of movies for the PSP.

animeraven34
11-02-2004, 02:08 PM
Sorry. :-[ I'm a bit grumpy today, didn't mean to go off like that. Uh, I remember reading an article that mentioned something about how the PSP was gonna play movies, but I don't remember. I do remember that it was at gamespot.com though.

disciple
11-02-2004, 02:10 PM
No problem. And I added the Dreamcast in there 'cause no one seems to remember it even exsisted. I think it had some great games. And classic Sonic games were among my favorites.

animeraven34
11-02-2004, 02:25 PM
Dreamcast was awesome. Blew away anything else at the time.

disciple
11-02-2004, 02:27 PM
Too bad they don't have 'em around anymore. Did you see they're makin' new wireless remotes for old systems like NES and SNES?

animeraven34
11-02-2004, 07:19 PM
No I didn't, that's awesome.

cloroxmartini
01-06-2005, 12:41 PM
we need a wireless controllers for ours xboxes.

loner_33
01-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Nintendo knows wireless. Just look at the facts: Wavebird and DS. Nothing compares to the Gamecube's Wavebird. And the DS is pretty awesome, too. I was playing with some guys yesterday, and we wanted to see how far it would go. So we sent one of them out the door (we were in a classroom), down a veerry long hallway (I'd say about 50-60 feet), and around the corner to the soda machines. He made it all the way to the machines before he got disconnected. So, the connection went through a wall, and about 60 feet. Pretty good, don't you think?

Oh, and the games are fun too. ;D :P