a Dark Fairy
04-09-2004, 02:57 PM
Well, the thingy that explained what this section was for said discussions "about" games too so i thought i would be all nerdy and ask if anyone plays Final Fantasy and which ones are their favorites.
I think i'm in love with Final Fantasy 8.....and Quistis.
not to mention Lulu from 10.
*convulses*

skilltroks
04-09-2004, 03:40 PM
I think this belongs here (http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?p=46927&highlight=video+games#post46927).. along with the other video games.. just my wonderful opinon.

a Dark Fairy
04-10-2004, 06:50 PM
Yes, Well, this would explain why no one replyed and why this subject was horribly maimed wouldn't it?
*feels like an idiot.*

brazilmk
04-14-2004, 06:24 PM
well, i'll be a nerd too and post a message here! yay! lol. i've only played final fantasy 9 but i liked it. it was so sad though, i got to like the last guy and didn't beat him and then i came here to brazil and never got to beat the game! i'm soo mad!!! hehe.

pidget
04-14-2004, 06:31 PM
Does anybody play the new online Final Fantasy? I doooo! I'm Anadin on there. (But you have to be on the CaitSith server to talk to me. If you aren't... you can't! You will be so deprived!)
I've played all the games after FFVII, except X-2. Let's see, my quick run-through of my opions on each game:
7-love, 8-love, 9-*gag*, 10-*gag* (so freaking long!), 11- love!

slickbass023
04-16-2004, 02:40 PM
10 is long? I havent played it, but I'm sooo wanting to buy it, I'd like to get 11 too but that's kinda over my range in video games at the same time, but eventually I'll get it. I've only played 7 and I loved it, I beat it, and I loved the ending, but then I sold it, and now I'm kind of wishing I didn't, but oh well. I'm getting 10 the next tim ei go to the mall.

pidget
04-17-2004, 12:04 PM
I don't know if ten is longer than most of the other games, or just way more boring. I played for over 20 and my brother told me I still had a long way to go. Through the entire game, it seemed like they just had the story-line, then to make it a video game and not an extremely long movie, they added a few puzzles and a boss between every cinema scene. It was very irritating, plus, the only character I liked that I wanted to see develope (sp?) through the game was the bad guy.

a Dark Fairy
04-17-2004, 09:01 PM
I liked 10.
I thought it rocked, and rolled...all day long...especially Lulu.
Anyone who doesn't like Lulu deserves tome smacked up side the head....unless it's one of you.
*grins*
well, 8 had to be my Favorite though. *cries* oh memories.
that was my first one to play.
i'm almost done with 10 now and it's sweet.
Tactics was a blast. 7 was alright.
*over-n-out*

slickbass023
04-20-2004, 04:38 PM
The first one I played was 7, wow was that long, but I loved it, I did'nt realize it at the time but, now I miss it lol, I've been wanting to get 10 soooo bad for so long, but my brother doesn't like RPG, so he's trying ot get me to not buy it, but I'm going to this week if I go to the mall, which hopefully I will, and I'm going to buy like 2 more video games(ps2) because I've beaten all the ones I have and I'm really bored. Has anyone else beaten 7?

skynes
04-21-2004, 05:13 AM
I'm playing through 7 now. I'm at Final Crater but I don't wanna fight Sephiroth yet... There's a Ruby and Emerald named WEAPONS out there waiting to get Knight of the Rounded.... unfortunately they both over 300,000 HP!!!!

Time for some levelling up I think...

I got Master Magic last night which I'm well pleased with! Master Magic + Quadra Magic + Mega All *drool*

pidget
04-22-2004, 05:42 PM
I beat 7 once. I never did beat those three robot things. I was too lazy to lvl up that much. The hardest one of those things is the underwater one, b/c you have like a two or three hour time limit to the fight. Not cool.

Venus Rose
04-22-2004, 08:30 PM
I liked 10.

well, 8 had to be my Favorite though. *cries* oh memories.
that was my first one to play.

Yay I luv you! ^^ It's rare when you find someone who likes FFVIII as much as me. Thouuuugh, X was actually my favourite. It's weird, but it seems it's always the first FF you play is your favourite forever! I really didn't like FFX-2 that much though...-_-;; FFVII..It can hardly compare to FFX. I'm trying as hard as I can to figure out why people are so obsessed with it. *sweatdrop*

skynes
04-23-2004, 12:06 AM
I beat 7 once. I never did beat those three robot things. I was too lazy to lvl up that much. The hardest one of those things is the underwater one, b/c you have like a two or three hour time limit to the fight. Not cool.

Try 20 mins... Timer goes down even when casting a spell or during a summon.

I tell you Emerald Weapon (the unerwater one) has over 300,000HP!!! I've hit it with Knights of the Round twice, a Bahamut Zero and 4 Ultimas and it STILL didnt go down!!!

Johnnypr7
05-27-2004, 05:51 AM
Well my fav. will always be FF7, the story and the way around its so kool, not to mention the limits,I mean, who doesnt love to give a Omnislash to a monster around just for fun.

Johnnypr7
05-27-2004, 05:55 AM
To defeat the underwater robot, you need 2 mime materia, and one member who summons Knights. Summon Knights and have the other 2 members casting mime, so u can use Knights again and again.

fryingpan
05-27-2004, 10:31 AM
FF8 rocks my socks off just like skillet. But i did like 7 and tactics. 10 was okay but i got stuck on one part and quit.

ted
05-28-2004, 08:30 PM
When trying to beat the weapons, always remember the final attack and phoenix combination.

pidget
06-01-2004, 01:18 PM
Try 20 mins... Timer goes down even when casting a spell or during a summon.

I tell you Emerald Weapon (the unerwater one) has over 300,000HP!!! I've hit it with Knights of the Round twice, a Bahamut Zero and 4 Ultimas and it STILL didnt go down!!!
I'm pretty sure they both have 1 million hp... let me check... Yeah, they both have 1 million HP. My brother had a hard time killing them and he was lvl 99 when he did it.

ted
06-01-2004, 01:21 PM
For the emerald weapon, try using the lucky seven's thing. That should take off almost half of his hp to begin with.

scarecrow_pants
06-04-2004, 09:32 PM
As far as final fantasy games go...
5- spent a couple hours on, not too great
6- spent some more hours on, pretty good
7- beat many times, awesome
8- got to final place, decent
9-beat, my favorite thus far
10- currently inside sin, almost as good as 7

my favorite character of all the games would be vivi from 9. he's so lovable!

i'm gonna get off right now and try to beat 10.... (runs away from computer)

disciple
02-18-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't know if ten is longer than most of the other games, or just way more boring. I played for over 20 and my brother told me I still had a long way to go. Through the entire game, it seemed like they just had the story-line, then to make it a video game and not an extremely long movie, they added a few puzzles and a boss between every cinema scene. It was very irritating, plus, the only character I liked that I wanted to see develope (sp?) through the game was the bad guy.
Yeah, I played it for over 20... minutes. It was like watching a dull, background-less movie for the 20 minutes-to-an-hour that I played it, so I just returned it next day.

I played Final Fantasy VIII to the last fight parts... I was young and a very hopeless romantic, so I absorbed the story, but the gameplay was a bit agitating from time to time, and I never beat the final boss... 'cause most of my characters never reached lvl 30. It was nice, but it wasn't memorable enough for me to continue liking it. I only have the last two discs now, so I can't replay it to give it another shot. But I remember liking a couple characters and some of the script. Not the main character and his love interest, though.

Other than that, I love Final Fantasy Tactics. I own it, and I have enjoyedi t since day one. The story is actually quite nice, but linear RPGs can wear down on me over time.

I hate to "necropost" or whatever, but I just bought FFT for myself this Christmas.

Dreaiscoolio
02-27-2006, 10:04 AM
A Dark Fairy:I think i'm in love with Final Fantasy 8.....and Quistis.
(I Cant quote)
Will u marry me????

lol jk sry, BUT I LOVE THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sry, the plot isn't THE greatest, BUT GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY RLUES!!!

Heri Altariel
02-27-2006, 10:09 AM
A Dark Fairy:I think i'm in love with Final Fantasy 8.....and Quistis.
(I Cant quote)
Will u marry me????

lol jk sry, BUT I LOVE THAT GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im sry, the plot isn't THE greatest, BUT GRAPHICS AND GAMEPLAY RLUES!!!

A Dark Fairy is a guy, unless "she" put herself down as a he on purpose.

Dreaiscoolio
02-27-2006, 10:17 AM
O......whoops! Well, w/e its just for giggles and laughs! lol

skynes
02-27-2006, 10:18 AM
As far as final fantasy games go...
5- spent a couple hours on, not too great
6- spent some more hours on, pretty good
7- beat many times, awesome
8- got to final place, decent
9-beat, my favorite thus far
10- currently inside sin, almost as good as 7

my favorite character of all the games would be vivi from 9. he's so lovable!

i'm gonna get off right now and try to beat 10.... (runs away from computer)

5 - One of the best! I loved the freedom of the Job system, I loved the combos you could create and the effects mastering Jobs had.

6 - Another excellent one, more for the story than the system. First time the 'Limit Break' was ever used.

7 - Graphically I prefer 5 and 6. But I didn't get to play 7 until well after 10 was out (was living in a cave), story wise it rocks. Tied first with X and only because Sephiroth ruled.

8 - I hated 8... I thought it was tedious, slow and annoying. The system was interesting, but having to Draw all the spells and summons was just a pain... Really good having 100 Ultima though.

9 - The first FF I played so it has a special place in my heart <3 Quina Quen is THE funniest game character Ever. I loved watching his ATE's, I loved talking to him, I didn't play as him much, but he definitely filled 'Comic relief'

10 - My personal favourite. All due to the Sphere Grid. In RPG's I like freedom. Freedom to choose what my characters do and what skills I use. 10 granted that like no other FF ever has (5's jobs were good, but not as good as Sphere Grid)

10 2 - I'm still playing it. It's interesting, ok'ish story. I do like the system but not as much as 10s.

Tactics - I liked this, it was ok, had a good story, system was interesting but I've found it hard to actually finish anything! To get any further with Quests I need a few specific items that I just can't find, my characters are now so powerful that I kill any other clans in a single blow each (with a few exceptions)

disciple
02-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Tedious is a good word to describe FFVIII... I spent so many hours on it just trying to find my way across the globe.

I love freedom in RPGs, but I was unable to get into FFX.

Dreaiscoolio
02-27-2006, 09:44 PM
TEDIOUS???? FF8??? Wow, it was all ez!!!!!!!!! Especially if u knew where cactus island was, plus I thought the whole draw idea was awesome! But FFX is cool too

disciple
02-27-2006, 09:46 PM
"Tedious" doesn't mean "not 'ez'".

Dreaiscoolio
02-27-2006, 09:57 PM
Yes I realize that, tedious=Tiring, I just dont seem why it would b??

skynes
02-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Cause it was more repetitive than other FF's. Levelling up didn't do a whole lot for your stats and skills.
In order to boost your stats you needed to Junction a spell to that stat.

That required you spending long amounts of time drawing from enemies. I spent more time drawing Fire, Fira and Firaga than I did actually playing the game! I don't like that, I want to play, not use the same ability over and over in a single fight only to be told "Couldn't draw"

The story wasn't that great either, oooo evil witchy person wants to conquer time.

There was no iconic bad guy! There was no times in the game where you go "Not him!!!".

In FF7, Sephiroth was the man, period.
In FF9, You always hated Kuja and dreaded fighting Beatrix.
IN FFX, every time Seymour showed up, you knew you were in for a hard fight.

What did 8 have? Seifer!? Biggs and Wedge? Nah.

For FFX I seen the freedom not in the world map, but in the system. I confess I find trundling around a world map getting into fights every 3 seconds really annoying. Especially if it was the Forgotten Continent in FF9 where you needed to get to Oeilvert... ugh so many battles.

Dreaiscoolio
02-28-2006, 11:08 AM
O, ok, well, thats your opinion and I accept that

pidget
02-28-2006, 12:09 PM
So does anyone remember Final Fantasy Adventure for the Gameboy? What with the hazy storyline, terrible translating, and boring boss fights I'd say it was the best FF game ever!

I quit Final Fantasy XI last week. Turns out, it wasn't that great. You had to play so many, many hours with moronic parties just to get anywhere. I probably had over 1000 hours of gameplay on that game and wasn't even to max level on one single job.

disciple
02-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah, that's why I chose not to buy FFXI -- in Online play, you have to rely on complete strangers who don't even like each other in order to get anywhere. And it's an RPG, where teamwork is a MUST, so yeah.

Cause it was more repetitive than other FF's. Levelling up didn't do a whole lot for your stats and skills.
In order to boost your stats you needed to Junction a spell to that stat.

That required you spending long amounts of time drawing from enemies. I spent more time drawing Fire, Fira and Firaga than I did actually playing the game! I don't like that, I want to play, not use the same ability over and over in a single fight only to be told "Couldn't draw"

The story wasn't that great either, oooo evil witchy person wants to conquer time.

There was no iconic bad guy! There was no times in the game where you go "Not him!!!".

In FF7, Sephiroth was the man, period.
In FF9, You always hated Kuja and dreaded fighting Beatrix.
IN FFX, every time Seymour showed up, you knew you were in for a hard fight.

What did 8 have? Cypher!? Biggs and Wedge? Nah.

For FFX I seen the freedom not in the world map, but in the system. I confess I find trundling around a world map getting into fights every 3 seconds really annoying. Especially if it was the Forgotten Continent in FF9 where you needed to get to Oeilvert... ugh so many battles.
I agree totally, of course. Because you know how terrible it is to just finish being thrashed in an overworld battle, only to walk three paces an encounter an even MORE difficult rabble of monsters. Add this up to it being played by someone who had no guide and no idea what to do, and it's chaos.

randompenguin
02-28-2006, 05:55 PM
Yay! Final Fantasy has its own thread! :D I only played 8 and 10 (and KH but that doesn't really count). It's all 8's fault I became a gamer, even though i don't like it that much anymore. Yay KH! I am writing a novelization based off it... ::] yeah I'm a weirdo. I'm still working on 10. Lulu's awesome, as is Auron! Yuna bugs me though. I really like the battle system, though, because I'm a stragegistical person, so I haven't died yet! yay. and in response to the 8 haters, i actually agree with you on those points, battle-wise but there is potential in the story, so read my novelization when it's published when you're 100! i "fixed" it so much it's unrecognizable. :P ok, I'm done. No, I'm not. KH pwns all!!! 8) now I am :)

skynes
03-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Auron is the man. That simple.

If I were to make a 4 strong Dream Team of FF It would be this.

Cloud - FF7
Auron - FFX
Vivi - FF9
Garnet - FF9

with Cid (FF7) and Lulu (FFX) on the sidelines.

Dreaiscoolio
03-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Psh! Cmon, Ya need:
Cloud(FF7)
Squall(FF8 )
Auron(FFX)
Vincent(FF7)
And Red XIII(FF7) and Lulu(FFX)

randompenguin
03-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Vivi and Vincent rock forever!! :D And I'm sorry but Squall holds his gunblade with both hands. That's...kinda wierd.

Dreaiscoolio
03-01-2006, 08:41 PM
So does Cloud......

skynes
03-02-2006, 01:33 AM
Squall... Squall? That big whiney child? No thanks... He couldn't cut his way out of a wet paper tissue with poetry written on it. Cloud would eat Squall and have room left over for Sephiroth with a side order of Emerald Weapon.

At least when Zidane went all whiney he had good reason to.

As for holding the sword in two hands, I think Cloud's sword is much bigger and heavier than Squalls...

We all know Auron is the man, admit it. Best swordsman overall.

I mean, he's a ronin, and he looks cool. What else is there to say?

Dreaiscoolio
03-02-2006, 07:41 AM
But that's just it! Cloud has JUST a sword. Squall has what? O yea, a gunblade. Sure, as players we couldnt really use the gun part of it, but its a great idea for a blade! Unlike a just, plain old sword.

disciple
03-02-2006, 12:54 PM
Swords > maces > floppy disks > gunswords

(This part was inspired by none other than Greg)

Cloud's sword is HUGE. It's awesome, period. That wimpy gunsword would probably break in its presence, and I don't mean LIMIT break.

randompenguin
03-02-2006, 01:10 PM
The gunblade used to be an actual weapon, but it sucked so bad that people stopped using it.

skynes
03-03-2006, 12:39 AM
I got the Gunblade Critical every single hit without fail.

Cloud may have had 'just a sword' but what else is needed?

Sephiroth had 'just a sword' and he rocked.

Dreaiscoolio
03-03-2006, 09:42 AM
Ah, but Sephiroth has a light skinny sword, that he can move with speed! He coulda killed Cloud if not for the Programmers, while Cloud and to carry aroud big fat swords.

skynes
03-04-2006, 01:05 AM
Then it must be that Cloud was insanely strong in order to carry it... if it was heavy...

You see it's also possible that his sword was made out of an alloy, thus making it quite a bit lighter.

Dreaiscoolio
03-06-2006, 09:37 AM
that still doesnt reside with Squall having a more innovated weapon than Cloud

disciple
03-06-2006, 01:49 PM
"Innovation" is relative. :D

randompenguin
03-06-2006, 02:48 PM
The gunblade used to be an actual weapon, but it sucked so bad that people stopped using it.

I quote myself^^