Nedarbi
04-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Hey gamers this is for all you star wars games fans out there. if you havent heard yet, there is a game coming out this fall called Star Wars Battlefront.

I have been to the site and the game jsut blows me away. if yo ulove star wars games then yo will love this. the site to go to is Battlefront (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/index.html)

i hope you like the game and tell me what you think ;)

bob
04-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Ive been waiting for this game for about 3 months now... i get PSM the magazine :D

buckus
04-30-2004, 01:52 PM
must.... have... this.. game...

bob
04-30-2004, 01:53 PM
Its gonna be sooooooo cool...

Nedarbi
05-01-2004, 10:31 AM
here is an awesome pic from the site. i think this picture is the best

zilchr0
05-01-2004, 01:13 PM
I'm thinking about getting galaxies for the summer. See if I can make jedi even though it's supposedly next to imposible.

Nedarbi
05-01-2004, 04:49 PM
there actually also making anew star was galaxies called jump to lightspeed. i dont know if it is a new game or just an expansion but it invovles battling in fighter ships in space. sounds very cool

unshakeable15
05-02-2004, 10:55 AM
(moved this the arcade where it fits in better)

prodigy_nl
05-02-2004, 12:47 PM
wow this game sounds great!

Nedarbi
05-02-2004, 01:24 PM
which game Battlefront or jump to lightspeed?

zilchr0
05-02-2004, 10:51 PM
there actually also making anew star was galaxies called jump to lightspeed. i dont know if it is a new game or just an expansion but it invovles battling in fighter ships in space. sounds very cool
expansion, they were planning it since the begining.

Nedarbi
05-03-2004, 02:09 PM
SWEETNESS!!!

zilchr0
05-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh, on a more general Star Wars game note. Knights of the Old Republic two has been officially anounced and is slotted for spring of next year! There went another 40 hours of my life...

Nedarbi
05-05-2004, 03:14 PM
yah Lucas arts is coming out with so many games. and i am so interested with all of them. but thinking of the money issue {lol} i am just focusing on battlefront because it is my favorite right now.

WOO GO STAR WARS. :afro:

Nedarbi
05-14-2004, 12:39 PM
Attention

new screen shots and concept arts have been released on the website

Battle Front Web Site (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/)

Nedarbi
05-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Attention

there is a new trailer for the game. i saw it and it's awesome.

jsut go the the website(BattleFront (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/) ) and click on the trailer picture.

also a new diary has been added from the leader of the Artificial Inteligence Programming

Nedarbi
05-31-2004, 01:52 PM
ATTENTION

New Descriptions for the seperatists Battle Droids Faction

Battle Droids Faction Description (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/separatist_battle_droids.html)

Nedarbi
06-11-2004, 07:45 AM
Attention

2 more planets have been added.(Kamino, Hoth)and a flythrough movie has been added to both of them

also 12 more screenshots have been added along with another diary entree from Dean Betton the Lead Artist

BattleFront (http://www.lucasarts.com/games/swbattlefront/index.html)

Maxdude360
09-10-2004, 04:39 AM
I love all the Star Wars games and this is probably gonna be the best one but i cant get it cause i have gamecube. it's only for ps2 and xbox.

Nedarbi
09-10-2004, 03:07 PM
it's also for computer(pc) dont forget the computer!!. it's said to be the best for graphics and set up for computer.

petrameansrock
09-10-2004, 04:21 PM
galaxies is awesome. if any of yall play, im K'Shak Vidii on Ahazi

VGV Head CP
09-17-2004, 10:42 AM
I'm thinking about getting galaxies for the summer. See if I can make jedi even though it's supposedly next to imposible.

Jedi Sucks.

I have the game, and it's not worth it. You have to train for months. Personally, a entertainer, musician, trader, or bounty hunter are the best. I'm a trader.

VGV Owner
09-17-2004, 04:09 PM
I wish I could get Galaxies!"Dreams" I would be a bounty HUNTER!

agent_c68
09-18-2004, 11:36 PM
Well...

I think LucasArts should Focus on either Jedi game or a Star Wars FPS, but not Both. Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy both had horrible FPS weapons and the saber combat was not the best it could have been. If you want to have a Jedi Focused game, make it more like Bungie's Oni with Lightsabers. If a Star Wars FPS, something closer to the original Dark Forces than Jedi Outcast. Trying to have both options in the same game and fun is very hard (jedi are either too much more powerful that non-jedi, or Jedi are far too weak when compaired to thier movie counterparts).

If I'm informed correctly, that there are not going to be Jedi in BattleFront, I'm glad. That way they don't have to worry about trying to balance the Jedi into the game. Since they don't have to worry about this, than they can make the FPS/Non-Jedi combat more enjoyable for all players.

VGV Owner
09-19-2004, 04:46 AM
I'm definately getting Star Wars Battle front. I'm not a big fan of Star Wars, but those two games rock.

Nedarbi
09-19-2004, 07:18 AM
yah the fact that jedi are not in battle front is a good thing. but lucasarts said that jedi do appear in the game. probably not for long though. if they did try the jedi thing in the game th en they would of had to do alot of work with it. making the game less quality. it's good that it's just a combat strategy game and all. really fun it should be. no demo yet though. weird

skilletosis
09-19-2004, 08:04 AM
I'm surprised that my kids haven't bugged me for this yet. They have Rogue Squadron and Episode 1 Racer which they enjoy. But right now they are buggin for Mario Party 4.... I don't like buying games when they first come out. Episode 1 was 70 bucks at release, a year later I got it for pc for 10 bucks... Anyone know what they are gonna charge for Battlefront?

VGV Owner
09-19-2004, 08:30 AM
Most likely $40-50.

Nedarbi
09-19-2004, 10:20 AM
i think more then that. jedi academy was about 65 when i bought it. and i bought it like 4 days after release. battlefront is a way better game then ja soooo. i dont know.lol.

VGV Owner
09-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Wal-Mart $40 to $50 in Spartanburg SC.

Maxdude360
09-23-2004, 04:21 PM
it's also for computer(pc) dont forget the computer!!. it's said to be the best for graphics and set up for computer.

wow cool. :D

VGV Owner
09-23-2004, 05:15 PM
I agree, I spoke with my Head Manager{STAR WARS FREAK} today, and he said the same thing. WOW!

cloroxmartini
09-27-2004, 06:03 PM
i heard that star wars battlefront was just a giant frag fest. but i still wish i had it. :)

agent_c68
09-27-2004, 10:22 PM
THe thing I've basically heard is that if you liked Battlefield 1942/Veitnam, than you'll most likely enjoy Battlefront.

as for a Fragfest... they need to make a pure Star Wars Shooter (more like Dark Forces (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/darkforces/splash.htm) than Jedi Outcast (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/splash.htm)). Something that's fast paced, but not Jedi Related (in JO, I was often using my lightsaber because it was more fun than all the other weapons). I would love to have a UT2003 like multiplayer that wasn't dominated by lightsabers or poorly balanced weapons (let the weapons FEEL powerful, none of the JO weapons, except lightsaber, felt like they had any real power to them). I'm starting to rant about JO weapons, so I guess I'll stop there.

Cornflake
09-28-2004, 07:59 AM
I play JO/JA/Jediknight 1/Xwing Alliance/Xwing-vs-Tiefighter/Battlefront(soon)/ Galaxies(well, i cancled, but Il be playing again soon) and a few others. I am part of a small game clan named Ghostlegion. We offer socializing and hanging out, as well as playing together. We have our own built in ladder as well. www.ghostlegion.com . Go to the forums if you want to join.

Nedarbi
09-28-2004, 02:49 PM
i have jo and ja. good games. i wish they made saber fighting a little better. i also wish i had galaxies. to me it's like the mother of all star wars games lol. but i have a money shortage lol. the worst thing tough is that i was wating for battelfront for so long and wheni went to the store to buy it, i found out my graphics card wasn't good enough(it's not T & L capable). so that sucks. but i hope in the future to custom make my own computer, and it will be sweet.

bob
09-28-2004, 05:11 PM
well I beat Battlefront on Expert in two days... wasnt that hard... but Its a really fun game, a lot like Halo, but I have a PS2....

cloroxmartini
09-28-2004, 09:54 PM
lucas arts is making a new star wars fps called republic commando

Nedarbi
09-29-2004, 02:50 PM
yah i've seen the traiers for republic commando's and the video demo's it looks sweet. must require some insane graphics. it looks very cool. man i wish my computer was better.lol

Maxdude360
09-29-2004, 05:19 PM
what does "fps" mean.

Maxdude360
09-29-2004, 05:21 PM
THe thing I've basically heard is that if you liked Battlefield 1942/Veitnam, than you'll most likely enjoy Battlefront.

as for a Fragfest... they need to make a pure Star Wars Shooter (more like Dark Forces (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/darkforces/splash.htm) than Jedi Outcast (http://www.lucasarts.com/products/outcast/splash.htm)). Something that's fast paced, but not Jedi Related (in JO, I was often using my lightsaber because it was more fun than all the other weapons). I would love to have a UT2003 like multiplayer that wasn't dominated by lightsabers or poorly balanced weapons (let the weapons FEEL powerful, none of the JO weapons, except lightsaber, felt like they had any real power to them). I'm starting to rant about JO weapons, so I guess I'll stop there.

ya same here i will aways use the lightsaber or when i use cheet codes on multiplayer with bassplayer we always use the missile launcher. it's so fun because you go around just holding down r and blowing everyone away. bwahahaha

agent_c68
09-29-2004, 05:53 PM
FPS = First Person Shooter, like Doom, Dark Forces, and Halo.

(there's also Frames Per Second, but that's usually refrenced as a number, like 68 FPS)

Cornflake
09-30-2004, 07:15 AM
Large scale multiplayer is where the game is, not SP.

Maxdude360
10-03-2004, 06:36 AM
FPS = First Person Shooter, like Doom, Dark Forces, and Halo.

(there's also Frames Per Second, but that's usually refrenced as a number, like 68 FPS)

oh i see thanks

Maxdude360
10-03-2004, 06:37 AM
FPS can also mean Feet Per Second (that has nothing to do with video games but still) so as you can see that there are numerous definitions i was confused.

VGV Head CP
10-03-2004, 12:08 PM
i have jo and ja. good games. i wish they made saber fighting a little better. i also wish i had galaxies. to me it's like the mother of all star wars games lol. but i have a money shortage lol. the worst thing tough is that i was wating for battelfront for so long and wheni went to the store to buy it, i found out my graphics card wasn't good enough(it's not T & L capable). so that sucks. but i hope in the future to custom make my own computer, and it will be sweet.

Already have the plans to make an computer. Too bad I joined this company, now I just design games. sigh . . . :-\

Galixies is great. I think, the first ultimate RPG. JA, was fun, but got boring after a while. The lightsaber was still a good weapon in that game. Better than the others anyway . . . ;)

Bounty Hunter was very good for a PS2. Back then, those were great graphics. Compared to Transformers for the PS2, though, they suck . . :P

Battlefront will be awesome! It will be like Agent . . . whatever said, if you like those games, then you will like this! :D