burned_inside
05-03-2004, 03:07 PM
does anyone do any of this, I used to all the time till I got on here, I played Star Trek Voyager Elite Force all the time.

Nedarbi
05-07-2004, 10:48 PM
i got the best rpg in the world(i Think) it's called "Baldur's Gate: Shadows Of Amn" i love it so much but i cant for the life of me figure out how to play online. also it's not really a game that meant to be played online but more single player so i'm good :)

burned_inside
05-08-2004, 07:41 AM
I've heard of that, but I haven't checked it out yet, I was told it was good.

untorn_88
05-08-2004, 07:44 AM
nope i dont play

Nedarbi
05-08-2004, 10:13 AM
I've heard of that, but I haven't checked it out yet, I was told it was good.

it is a good game. you should buy it. if you like rpg's then you'll love this one. it's like the lord of all rpg's lol

skynes
05-10-2004, 03:43 AM
I've started playing this PC RPG called Wizardry 8 and I must say it ROCKS! Best pure RPG I've played in a loooong time. Got more stats and numbers than you can shake a stick at!

Nedarbi
05-18-2004, 03:26 PM
yah medieval rpg's are the best to me. i love being a wizard in games like that. playing a wizard in baldur's gate is awesome. you can level up and there are like over 100 spells tht yo ucan learn. you can become so powerful. you can even get a spell that instantly kills any enemy no matter how poeerful. so cool

disciple
06-15-2004, 12:03 PM
yah medieval rpg's are the best to me. i love being a wizard in games like that. playing a wizard in baldur's gate is awesome. you can level up and there are like over 100 spells tht yo ucan learn. you can become so powerful. you can even get a spell that instantly kills any enemy no matter how powerful. so cool
Jeez, I wish Champion of Norrath was that good -- in that game the wizard only gets like, ten spells, and they all look lame and hurt like nothing unless you're level 13 and have powered them up. Even then, the best spell you can have at that level is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING compaired to Chain Lightning in Diablo -- that spell ROCKS. I wish I had that game. The lightning spell ("Bolt of Shock") in Champions of Norrath is like a ball of squiggly light that chainst to like, one or two more enemies, depending on how far you have leveled it. The Ice spell you get for the first part of the game hurts, like, nothing, and all your moves eat up mana power, and your melee power is bad, so a wizard is horrible without SUPER SPECIAL armor and weaponry -- he can't even use anything except dull weaponry, and he can't use shields (completely unlike the wizard in Diablo -- he can use everything except for the bow.) Clerics are just plain dumb. The warrior is your best bet, next to the Dark Elf Shadowknight. The archer's OK.

skynes
06-16-2004, 04:32 AM
Wizardry 8 is one you gotta look up. You custom make a team of 6 characters. Can be any fantasy race you can think of! Elf, Hobbit, Feline, DRAGON! And the classes are all Mages, Wizards, Bishops, Priests, Gadgeteers, Rogues, Ninjas, Samurais, Valkyries! sooo much in-depth stuff

disciple
06-16-2004, 11:47 AM
What system is it for? Because my CPU can't take games :'(. I really would LOVE to play it, but if it's for the PC, I'm outta luck.

pidget
06-16-2004, 06:32 PM
I play FFXI sometimes. Not that much anymore, b/c it takes forever to level up (after lvl 5, that is) if you don't have a party, and I never get invited to parties. I used to play Everquest off and on, but then my brother moved away and took his computer with him, so I couldn't anymore.

disciple
06-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Well, a piece of advice: never play Champions of Norrath. Horrible.
I'd love to play FFXI (and have you join my party :) ) but it's WAY expensive.

pidget
06-16-2004, 06:40 PM
I'd have to buy you a world pass, anyway, so you could get on the same server as me. And since I don't play the game enough to get the gil needed, it wouldn't work even if you bought it. ::]

disciple
06-16-2004, 06:42 PM
Yeah, I was just trying to encourage you :). I'd love to play with a fellow brother/sister in Chist on that game... it sounds so awesome...

slickbass023
06-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Yeah, I have no money to pay for those kind of games, I wish I did... But I'm buying musical equipment and stuff.

freekypeeple
07-26-2004, 09:54 AM
vagrant story is my favourite rpg, pity it reminds me of manga *tear*:-\

VGV Head CP
10-03-2004, 01:01 PM
My Obession with RPGs, is Priceless! I don't play over the internet, because I do not currently own a PS2 or X-Box. But plan to add the online feature to the "Tri-Gamer".

terrasin
10-03-2004, 03:23 PM
I currently am a 6yr vet of Ultima Online for PC. New expansion is coming out soon too. :>

CJ

disciple
10-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Heh, too bad UO looks so fun, CJ, I'd be playing it as well, it even looks my style, but I can't. Money is an issue; paying a sum of money monthly is definitely not on my "to-do list," especially because I personally have no money to pay.

Right now my fav. RPGs are:

Chrono Trigger
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars :>
Final Fantasy Tactics

... and a bunch of other old ones! (What, I just haven't seen/played a good RPG since these^^ were made...)

VGV Head CP
10-04-2004, 08:12 AM
I'm trying to program a few good RPGs for Video Game Velocity right now. Anyone would like to hear about them?

terrasin
10-04-2004, 01:08 PM
There is an ub3r new version of Chrono Trigger coming out. I saw the video for it. Same old game with new graphics. I was practically in tears of joy.

CJ

VGV Head CP
10-04-2004, 01:47 PM
I have never heard of that game. I mean heard yeah, but I don't know anything about it. I seldom play RPGs, but I love em!

disciple
10-04-2004, 05:59 PM
There is an ub3r new version of Chrono Trigger coming out. I saw the video for it. Same old game with new graphics. I was practically in tears of joy.

CJ
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! I never knew! Well, maybe I did and just forgot (due to the fact that whenever I might have heard about it it sounded like an impossibility) Wow, cool, do you know its due date?

VGV Head CP
10-05-2004, 05:10 AM
Does anyone know any good RPGs for the Super Nintendo?

disciple
10-05-2004, 08:57 PM
Chrono Trigger, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, I can;t think of any more right now...

Invincible
10-06-2004, 01:57 AM
Some other good ones for super nintendo would be: Finial Fantasy 4-6, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore and I know this isn't really an Rpg but has an awesome storyline Illusion of Time( though I think its called Illusion of Gaia in the States) its kind of like zelda but more storybased hmm can't think of anymore... hoped that helped

pidget
10-06-2004, 10:15 AM
I can't wait for Final Fantasy VII: Advant Children... It looks so cool. The captures they had from the movie in Electronic Gaming Monthly's last issue were gorgeous. *drools*

Thirsty04
10-06-2004, 10:30 AM
A big HECK YEAH for Adavant Children!!!! Do you know when it's coming out?

pidget
10-06-2004, 10:38 AM
They don't give an actual date (or even a vague concept of what time of year) but they say probably sometime next year...

slickbass023
10-06-2004, 11:27 AM
I think the only online games Ive played(for PS2) is soccom 2 and this other game, but I dont have a job so I can't pay for the ones you have to pay monthly, otherwise I'd get one.

disciple
10-06-2004, 02:12 PM
Yeah, I have only played a demo for Madden 2004 online, that's it. :P Same here with the monthly; I wish I could play games like FFXI and other with a monthly bill, but I have no job. I wish I could play SOCOM II...

VGV Head CP
10-07-2004, 08:50 AM
I get confused by Final Fantasy. I don't understand the story-line . . .

Unregistered
10-30-2005, 06:24 PM
They don't give an actual date (or even a vague concept of what time of year) but they say probably sometime next year...
I read a magazine and it said this christmas it was coming out!