terrasin
06-05-2004, 09:31 PM
I've posted this on a few boards already, I figured I would post it here as well to see what people can come up with.

To make this short and simple, I am looking to have my logo redesigned. My personal designer has sketched the new logo out but she lacks the knowledge of computer programs to finish the product and add the correct effects to it. So I've been posting on boards where I know some designers sit at to see what they can do with it. The "winner" of the contest gets the glorified benefit of having their work plastered all over the TerraSin cds, merch, the works for the Buried Alive project.

Here is the origional logo:
http://www.terrasin.com/thet.gif

Here is the new one:
http://www.terrasin.com/pix/TerrasinT2-3.jpg

Basically what I am looking to have done is to give the new one a metalic/gothic/industrial/cyber look... if that makes ANY sense what-so-ever. Kinda like the origional one, but different. If you think you got what it takes, give it a try. I'll make the decision of which one I want to use... when I feel like it. :P

Photoshop users can get the psd file here:
http://www.terrasin.com/pix/TerrasinT2-3.psd

All above images are copyright 2000-2004 TerraSin. All images created and/or submitted of the above logo and/or all redesigns of the image are property of TerraSin. By downloading the image, you agree to these terms and by creating or submitting a design, you understand that the design created or submitted is or becomes property of TerraSin. kthxbye

CJ

skilletosis
06-06-2004, 09:17 AM
how much does the winner get paid?

terrasin
06-06-2004, 07:12 PM
"The "winner" of the contest gets the glorified benefit of having their work plastered all over the TerraSin cds, merch, the works for the Buried Alive project."

CJ

fire-inside
06-06-2004, 09:13 PM
That new logo will look really nice all fancied up.

zilchr0
06-07-2004, 12:51 AM
"The "winner" of the contest gets the glorified benefit of having their work plastered all over the TerraSin cds, merch, the works for the Buried Alive project."

CJ
Also known as, "He's broke, and desperatly needs volunteer work." I would love to help but I'm not that hot with graphics. Sorry, programmer here.

skynes
06-07-2004, 05:17 AM
So tell me do you only need the pencil bits finished? I can have a go at it. Using my Flash/PSP combo :P

Any particular colours or effects you're interested in?
-------------------------
Later in Afternoon:
I've outlined the pencil lines in Flash. Was a bit difficult to do actually cause I have to zoom in 4 or 5 times to get it pixel perfect and pencil lines aren't very visible that close :P

This is what I've done. Tell me if it's what you're looking for and if I missed any lines. If it's ok I'll go and colour it.

I get the feeling I've either added lines that shouldn't be there or didn't add lines that should be there or both.

I've deleted the pic from this.

terrasin
06-07-2004, 11:23 PM
So tell me do you only need the pencil bits finished? I can have a go at it. Using my Flash/PSP combo :P

Any particular colours or effects you're interested in?
-------------------------
Later in Afternoon:
I've outlined the pencil lines in Flash. Was a bit difficult to do actually cause I have to zoom in 4 or 5 times to get it pixel perfect and pencil lines aren't very visible that close :P

This is what I've done. Tell me if it's what you're looking for and if I missed any lines. If it's ok I'll go and colour it.

I get the feeling I've either added lines that shouldn't be there or didn't add lines that should be there or both.

Wow, that looks thin. LOL Yeh, there are a lot of lines missing. There is a cross bar on the top and the sides are way too thin. As for effects, metalic/cyber look. Something like the origional but different.

CJ

skynes
06-08-2004, 05:33 AM
I see what you mean.

Ok how's this one.
------------
Anyhoo I went ahead taking this one and coloured it. What do you think of it?

I also did a second one, slightly different from the first

skynes
06-10-2004, 03:11 AM
Laura told me that she thinks it looks a little flat. So I added some shading to it.

kathybryan
06-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Hey...the red really makes it dramatic...I likes.8)

bob
06-12-2004, 10:31 PM
Yes Skynes, That looks really good... Way better than anything I tried

disciple
06-12-2004, 10:36 PM
Yeah. I agree.

skynes
06-14-2004, 05:00 AM
Thanks. anyone with an average knowledge of Paint Shop Pro 6 could have done that. It does most of it for you.

kathybryan
06-14-2004, 06:11 PM
Hey, don't be mad at me...I been scribbling on your emblem thingy. Hope you don't mind. I had fun though! LOL ;)

buckus
06-14-2004, 09:54 PM
Hey, don't be mad at me...I been scribbling on your emblem thingy. Hope you don't mind. I had fun though! LOL ;)
I think it rockeths. 8)

kathybryan
06-14-2004, 10:01 PM
I thankest thou!!;D

skynes
06-15-2004, 03:10 AM

aaaghhh attack of the chalky pencils!!!! LOL!

kathybryan
06-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Chalky pencils.??? Ummm...what's that supposed to mean, dude? Sounds a bit punny. LOL! ;D Almost like insecurity was at the root of the comment because it was kind of unnessisary. ::]
Anyways...I used my computer to doodle on the emblem a bit, not "chalky pencils." I'm not trying to compete with you or anything. I thought what you did with the pic was kewl. 8) I mentioned previously that the red you applied really added drama to it. I'm sure that when you work on it a little more, the emblem will look way better than anything I could do. Like I said...I was just having fun with it. No reason to cut me down.;)

skynes
06-16-2004, 04:12 AM
I wasn't cutting you down, I was joking.
In Paint Shop Pro there's one of the effects that does something very similar to the way you did the picm its called pencil or something but I thought it looked like chalk so I call the effect chalky pencils.

So wot do you think could be done to improve it?

skynes
06-17-2004, 02:00 AM
...How did I not pick up on the humour... how.... oh wait this is a msgboard, putting sarcasm and dry humour across is quite difficult... unless of course you put [/sarcasm] at the end of your msg... :P

I've tried adding a highlight to it but I haven't been able to find anything that works with these colours.

viciousvelvet
06-17-2004, 04:04 PM
Haha. I give all of you permission to laugh. Well I'm having fun anyway.

disciple
06-17-2004, 04:08 PM
actually, I think that's very good! I'm sure if I had the resources you guys do, I would have killed it :P but seriously, you guys are good at this! :)

viciousvelvet
06-17-2004, 04:35 PM
mmkay. I think I'm done fooling around. haha. "unfortunately" some of my files were "too large" and I couldn't upload some nifty ones. oh well. HAHA. :)

disciple
06-17-2004, 04:38 PM
man, that's really good!

completely_nuts
06-18-2004, 09:06 AM
i think they're good too.... i particularly like the first one (the fuzzy-ish one). perhaps it's too fuzzy, but it's really cool all the same....

disciple
06-18-2004, 10:46 AM
naw, the blurrier the better, I'd say.

... I think it looks like sort of TV static, which is awesome. I don't know what I mean, but I hope you guys do ;D

completely_nuts
06-18-2004, 12:02 PM
*sort of gets it*

it's very amusing to butcher images... this one in particular has entertained me for a good hour at least... and i'm not done....

kathybryan
06-18-2004, 03:24 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. At first I thought I was going to fool around with this pic just a little. But now I keep getting the urge to mess with it some more and make the sides a bit fatter. LOL:P
I'M OBSESSED!! AAAHHHH!:o MUST...HOLD...BACK!!! LOL.

skilltroks
06-18-2004, 07:43 PM
u 2 make it look easy. I tried playing with it.. and yeah..

viciousvelvet
06-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Accidentally deleted this when I was going through attatchments. In case y'all wanted to mess around with it some more.

disciple
06-19-2004, 10:49 PM
Man, it may not seem like much to you, but with that second one your genuine artistic talent never ceases to amaze me. ;D

kathybryan
06-20-2004, 01:14 AM
:o O... M... G..! :o ROFL! ;D

terrasin
06-20-2004, 03:41 AM
I thought I might post this up. This is probably the best visual definition of what I'm looking for.
http://www.terrasin.com/pix/Logo1.jpg

completely_nuts
06-20-2004, 11:10 AM
uber-cool. i think you should just use that one.

skilltroks
06-20-2004, 11:41 AM
I agree with ^

terrasin
06-22-2004, 12:09 AM
It still needs some work if I'm going to use it. Plus I will need the guy to make several different copies of it. I think it will be interesting to see how the logo will mutate over the years. ;)

CJ

bob
06-22-2004, 05:13 AM
As long as it doesnt end up looking like a Q im ok :D ;)

oldschoolskillet
07-01-2004, 04:21 AM
Plese some one can you get this sketch onto a compputer art work i want something with flames on it and a white background. thanks!

weebird20
07-19-2004, 12:50 PM
hey oldschoolskillet i wasn't sure what u wanted there from ur last post...but i tried to create flames using photoShop...its only a little quick experiment....is this the kina thing ur looking for?

disciple
07-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Umm... I was wondering... I just dotted out a symbol on Paint and switched it to JPEG format... I was wondering if anyone could improve it quite a bit... like make it darker, shape it better, give it depth... I know making those qualities are difficult but I just wanted to know if anyone could remake it for me. Here it is:

weebird20
07-27-2004, 01:48 PM
disciple is that supposed to be A.D.? looks cool if it is......its too small for me to try and do anything with like that...tho i cud try drawing it out myself....do u want it to look more 3D, like raised up or embossed, have a metaclic quality or something? i can have a go and see what u think :)

disciple
07-27-2004, 01:55 PM
I know it's small, but I had little choice... big isn't easy with Paint :P lol

Yes, it is A.D. Good perception :)

Yes, 3D is lovely, and metallic would be awesome ;D Try metallic in different colors (if it isn't too much trouble!) like blue or red and such... maybe even green :P lol Thanks :)

weebird20
07-27-2004, 02:43 PM
sure thing...now just to see if my PC will work long enough for me to try it.....or i might have to install photoshop on my dad's PC and do it there :P ah well....u don't need it straight away do you?

disciple
07-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Nope, not emergent. :)

weebird20
07-29-2004, 03:03 PM
disciple heres a few lil ideas i was playin with today.....sorry they're not very good, i still haven't got my PC working so im having to work off my dad's :P bleh...

tell if u like any of them, or if there's bits from them u like and want me to work on more....i'll try doing some more professional looking ones when i have more time...i gota go right now.

disciple
07-29-2004, 03:15 PM
Wow, they're all good (especially the pink! ;)) Far better than I could have done! Hmm...

I like the glossy look on the first one, the second one looks all acidic and fuzzy (way cool) the third one is all blurry and watery (kew) the fourth one is just kewl, you're WAY talented!

Zero_Punk900
08-02-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm making a cover for my bands first cd, and i was able to make a rough sketch of it on paint. I'm not going to post it up here for those of you who would like to help, because it's not exactly "Christian" or "family-friendly". It's a pretty harsh topic and the pic shows that. But if anyone can help make it a little more "realistic" or just plain better, email me and I'll send it to you.

-ZP

weebird20
08-03-2004, 10:22 AM
hey disciple heres a few more :P i wanna do some better ones for ya.....but my PC is still not working too good but hey when its up and running again i can make ya a cool avatar ;D

weebird20
08-03-2004, 11:42 AM
oooh i've been working on my metical stuff so here's wot i did......tell me if ya like it at all :P

disciple
08-03-2004, 12:34 PM
I like those last three on yer first post and that one ^ too! Oooooo... metal AND green ;D

VisibleSoul
08-18-2004, 06:47 AM
just curious to see if this is still going on. i went to school for advanced art and 3d animation. i would love to help in anyway i can. the pic on pg 3 is great.....i think it should be chrome. that would give it some color due to the reflectivity but it would still retain the monocramatic look and feel of metal.

some of my work:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/magichallucinations/Visible_Soul_star_field.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/magichallucinations/space_sig.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/magichallucinations/hal-with-lungs-and-logo.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/magichallucinations/hdri_anim_balls_more_segments.jpg

M

terrasin
08-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Very impressive.

CJ

undecided
08-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Those are so cool. They are really interesting.

VisibleSoul
08-19-2004, 06:54 AM
thanks guys.....

it's hard to find a job doing 3D animation because the industry is so competitive. so i'm happy when someone says, "hey can someone do this for me?" keeps the skills sharp you know? i'm probably going to end up starting my own company, lol......

M

bob
08-19-2004, 11:29 AM
The last picture is really awesome

weebird20
08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
WOW!!! VS ur stuff is awesome....u really have an amazing talent there...hey just a little question but have u ever thot of character design for computer games, just with all that 3D work i was just wondering if u have ever tried doin anything like that?

VisibleSoul
08-19-2004, 02:28 PM
The last picture is really awesome

i love that one.....there is only 3 spheres and a grid in that scene. no lights, one texture map, and renders out very fast. the scene is lit with an environment map. the map is what's called a "light probe." basically an omni-directional (360 panoramic) high-dynamic range image......wait, i'm starting to teach, lol.

WOW!!! VS ur stuff is awesome....u really have an amazing talent there...hey just a little question but have u ever thot of character design for computer games, just with all that 3D work i was just wondering if u have ever tried doin anything like that?

thanks ;D i have considered it...i know a few ppl in that industry but i really didn't like doing low poly modeling. the realism is what does it for me. i get the biggest thrill out of making something that is 100% fake, look as real as possible. i have has ppl tell me that the last image is a great photo. they don't believe me when i tell them that it's fake but then i ask them to find the camera, lol ;)

M

skynes
08-20-2004, 08:05 AM
I'd forgotten about this thread.

Anyway I got a few more pics CJ.

terrasin
08-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Very nice. We decided to go ahead with Yurasuka's picture. I think it really has the look I was aiming for. Thanks to all you guys for submitting pictures. I really appriciate the time taken.

CJ

bob
08-27-2004, 03:23 PM
yeah, i like that pic u chose the best...

half-panhead
08-29-2004, 08:53 PM
question: can anybody do some cool sorta thing with a Tinkerbell image/outline? i live Tink, but im kinda sick of the same old pix over and over. you can choose what pic and how to do it... just make it look uber cool por favor. thanks yall!!