Mad_Cow
09-04-2004, 04:20 PM
DO you develope games?

if so POST THEM!

if you whant 2 go here Click Me! (http://www.gamemaker.nl)

it is easy!

for 3D :o games click hereClick Me! (http://www.darkbasic.com)

But it is ??? harder ??? with the one from the second link!

VGV Owner
09-05-2004, 01:18 PM
I have Gamemaker, and it is hard! Thankfully Video Game Velocity has a Programer, and I don't have to do it. But I still edit some of his work. 3D. I'll have to check that. Thanks for the links. I'll post a demo of my game Robotic Conquest when it is finished, but the game for the console won't come out until 2008.

VGV Owner
09-05-2004, 01:34 PM
I had read another topic called DO you make games? And my company does. One of our games is Robotic Conquest, and since it would be a very long post, I decided to make a topic.

I will post screenshots and other stuff, but remember:

THIS IS PROPERTY OF VIDEO GAME VELOCITY, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO USE THIS, PM ME.

Robotic Conquest is like a mix between Custom Robo and Medabots AX. It's like the old Street fighter Alpha games, 2D fighting game with about 20 characters to select, but they are all robots. I'm still working on a story-line, but it is mainly just a all-out fighting game. Yes, it is 2D graphics and there are still some glitches to work out, but it is almost complete.

I'll post screenshots when I can.

I'll post Developments when I can.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT BE CRITICAL ABOUT THIS, I LET PEOPLE ON ANOTHER BOARD KNOW ABOUT THIS, AND EVEN THE MODERATOR FLAMED.

Oh yeah, and all of our games are christian based.

skilletosis
09-05-2004, 01:51 PM
ok I have a question and a statement. What is this "company" of yours. Your only 14 and I can't find a web-site on it. Sounds like this is one of those things your working on that you want to take to the "company" level. Also if you can't handle anything other than good critisism then don't open up the topic. Don't say "look what I did" if you don't want to hear anyones opinion. Your gonna have to realize that you will get some negative ones and that's just a part of life. I think that you have great ambition, so don't let that change.

VGV Owner
09-05-2004, 02:19 PM
I know that I will have negative ones, but the one I was on before, I had about 2/230 beleivers.

Yes, I am only fourteen. I have met the owner, and he said he finds great potential in me, and wants me to run the business whaen I'm 18. It is not a company yet, it was started by the owner, but he has not made it an actual business yet so all of the employees, are volunteer. We will re-lease the games in 2008 with the system, but that is all uncertain, because until we make it a company, we want to have enough products to sell. So why I'm taking over the position, we are makin christian based games. So it's not a idea, but it's not exactly a company either. I'll try to get screenshots of some of the games, but it will take some time. I'm also trying to get a band started, so I have mixed feelings.

VGV Owner
09-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Oh yeah, and since you moved the topic to this thread, it kinda messed up my plans. I was going to make a poll later own on wich character they liked best. But I guess it doesn't matter that much.

skilletosis
09-05-2004, 04:24 PM
trust me people will let you know so I wouldn't worry about a poll. Anywho, just make sure that you get the credit due to you should this venture make any money. As far as a band goes at 14 you don't have to choose between the two until one becomes a career and that could be quite a while from now. However there are plenty of people who have bands on the side that do good. For instance Bruce Willis' band played a gig in Las Vegas this weekend.

VGV Owner
09-05-2004, 05:16 PM
No money involved, until 2008.

skynes
09-06-2004, 07:16 AM
Hey VGV Legacy of Numach (http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=1493)

This is the link to the post all about a game I'm developing. Might interest you.

I use GameMaker at the moment, I honestly don't find it all that difficult! But since I'm used to Java, C++ and Visual Basic ANY Drag n Drop based program seems simple!

Still gotta learn the scripting though.

I have the demo for DarkBasic and BlitzBasic. Both VERY hard...

http://www.christiancoders.com/
For those interested in Christian Programming, the Christian Coders is all about that.

VGV Owner
09-06-2004, 07:31 AM
I can't figure out the scripts, rooms, and objects.

Nice game.

Mad_Cow
09-06-2004, 10:30 AM
DARK BASIC IS EASY!

SAME WITH GAME MAKER!

but i have spent hours trying to figer out how 2 use it!

(I mean dark basic not game maker it's a pice of cake!)

VGV Owner
09-06-2004, 12:19 PM
Perhaps you should make a "Gamemaker Help" Thread. I think it would do well.

skynes
09-07-2004, 05:15 AM
Yes! Make your own tutorials on how to do stuff if its that easy! Help all us other GM users that struggle with it

Cornflake
09-07-2004, 06:38 AM
I will soon be a texture maker. For character skins, and wall/floor/object textures.

Cornflake
09-07-2004, 06:39 AM
Btw for that, I mean already made games, like Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy, Doom 3, etc

VGV Owner
09-07-2004, 08:01 AM
Cool, like a modifier or something. I used to know someone that did that with the Tomb Raider Games.

Unregistered
09-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Hi, I'm the programmer for all of those games, so if you have any questions for me, just PM Phoenix over there, or wait till I'm back. And he'll tell you when.

Take care.

VGV Owner
09-08-2004, 11:29 AM
Yeah, it's usually around three. Um any questions for him until four?

skynes
09-08-2004, 11:49 AM
Hi, I'm the programmer for all of those games, so if you have any questions for me, just PM Phoenix over there, or wait till I'm back. And he'll tell you when.

Take care.

... ??? Ur the programmer for Tomb Raider, Jedi Outcast and Doom3?

terrasin
09-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I worked for a gaming company in 2002-2003 on their concept and development team. It was a great experience getting involved in something like that. It was also a lot of work and dedication, and a love and passion to see the game come to reality.

(Due to the graphic content of the game, pictures won't be posted in this forum.)

CJ

VGV Owner
09-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Um . . . no. He was the programmer for Robotic Conquest, Hopefinders, Savior, Birding Journy, and Demon Hunter.

As for Terrasin, why even mention about the content, because I'm pretty sure that someone will PM you about it.

zilchr0
09-08-2004, 03:17 PM
I'm actually not developing a game this year, I won't be able to take Game 200 until this summer which will thankefully give me some time to get decent in graphics coding. (For those that don't know, I go to DigiPen Inst of Tech, Teaches you to make games and how to live without sleeping) I'm taking CS200 which is computer graphics without libraries(no DirectX or OpenGL for me) and GAT300(3d modling). Should be an interesting semester.

VGV Owner
09-08-2004, 03:24 PM
3D modeling!?! So cool. I can't remember what school my programmer went to, but I know he went to Spatanburg Tech first, then went to somewhere in Florida. He'll probally tell you about it tomorrow.

terrasin
09-08-2004, 06:38 PM
Because if I didn't add that, I'd have 14000 people messaging me about it anyways. Best to give the warning that the game isn't for everybody ahead of time.

CJ

agent_c68
09-09-2004, 12:22 AM
Terrasin, Please could you at least let us know what developer you were working with at the time?

I used to do some minor Mods for a few games (Jedi Knight, Thief, Jedi Outcast, Elite Force...) but I've been too busy lately to make anything worth while. I was also a part time quality assurance agent.

VGV Owner
09-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Hey just to let you know, the programmer will be back on at three.

terrasin
09-09-2004, 10:50 AM
The development company is called Running With Scissors. They are a little company in Arizona and complete wackos, every one of em. I guess that's why I fit in so good. LOL

CJ

VGV's Head CP
09-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Sorry, a little late today. Funny name for a company. Was it a fly-night-ordeal, or is it still around?

Um, if it's alright with Phoenix, I'll post some of my work.

VGV Owner
09-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeah, I guess it's alright.

terrasin
09-09-2004, 07:21 PM
It's very much still around. They are starting plans for the third installment of their game which will be on all major consol systems. I am hoping to work with them again if I have time.

CJ

VGV Owner
09-10-2004, 06:49 AM
Do you know the title?

skynes
09-10-2004, 06:57 AM
If CJs talking about the game I'm thinking he's talking of, you DON'T wanna know the title...

terrasin
09-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Obviousely I know the title and Skynes is very right. LOL

CJ

VGV Owner
09-10-2004, 12:30 PM
AND IT"S COMING OUT! AS A GAME! FOR A MAJOR CONSOLE! What kinda school is that?????????????? And where is the programmer?

VGV Head CP
09-10-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm here. I thought maybe that would have been a christian school. Shame. I have never heard of many Video Game titles that had bad material in the title. DO you have a website that I could research?

VGV Owner
09-10-2004, 12:35 PM
I thought I saw you in the index. WHat took ya?

Unregistered
09-10-2004, 12:38 PM
I was waiting for you. Here is a screenshot of one of the levels. It's a crude shot, with no characters.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/Denarr/Video%20Game%20Velocity%20Owner/SunsetScreen.jpg

VGV Owner
09-10-2004, 12:56 PM
WHOAH! Perhaps you should E-Mail me the pic, and let me attch it. Or are you off already?

terrasin
09-10-2004, 11:31 PM
School? Huh? No, they have 12 main developers. And the name itself isn't bad, it's the content of the game. But geez, now that this has been drug out I guess it doesn't really matter, does it?

Google it, mate. :\

CJ

VGV Owner
09-11-2004, 05:39 AM
sORRY about the pic being so large. I fix it later today. Me and Alex both thought that is was a school.

Unregistered
09-12-2004, 04:45 PM
Hey Phoenix, I got your message. What did you need me here for?

VGV Head CP
09-12-2004, 04:47 PM
And I forgot to put my name in the thing.

VGV Owner
09-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Someone had a question to ask you, but he isn't here yet.

VGV Owner
09-12-2004, 04:54 PM
Oh yeah, Terrasin. I googled it, and it was something about plays. It said provacative plays. Are you sure that was it?

Unregistered
09-12-2004, 05:02 PM
Well, where is the guy you said had a question for me.

VGV Owner
09-12-2004, 05:03 PM
I guess he left. nevermind, comeback tommorow.

Unregistered
09-12-2004, 05:04 PM
Well, I just had a relative die, so I might not be on for a few days.

VGV Owner
09-13-2004, 05:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear that alex. You can take the week off if you want. Um Terrasin, why would you want to go back to that company?

oldschoolskillet
09-13-2004, 07:36 AM
hhaha athe game terrasin is talking about is one of the sickest wicked ever its like grand theft auto but evev morand theft

skynes
09-13-2004, 08:41 AM
To be the voice of morality perhaps?

VGV Owner
09-13-2004, 09:10 AM
He gave me the website for the game, and I'm glad I own a Christian Gaming company. Blehh. I'm not going to put the site here, but I wouldn't PM terrasin about it either. Google it.

VGV Head CP
09-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Sorry, Late again. Nah . . . that's Okay. But if I need to leave, I will.

agent_c68
09-13-2004, 01:15 PM
I just started working on a Deus Ex Mod (currently unnamed). I am want to put some Christian Messages into the story, but I am not making it a "Christian Mod for Deus Ex". Let me explain, several of the main characters (including the player) are christians (the first few you meet went to the same youth group/church when growing up.), church and ministry will come up in a few dialogs, and I'm hoping I can get the player to both witness and pray at diffrent points in the game. But the focus of the mod isn't going to be the religeous content that's scatered around, but the story (which is in development - probably something anti-terrorist/conspiracy type story).

I'm not looking for help or recruiting a team, but you may PM me if you are interested. I don't think I am going to be forming a team for this project, but I might if it looks like this could be a decent mod.

VGV Owner
09-13-2004, 01:36 PM
Well, take some advice. Read the Left-Behind adult and kids series. It will help a lot.

Are you planning on selling the idea to another company, or are you going to form a company yourself?

terrasin
09-13-2004, 01:46 PM
I'm sorry to hear that alex. You can take the week off if you want. Um Terrasin, why would you want to go back to that company?

Because I had a great time working with some awesome people. Granted, it's not the best game to be spreading around to people, but I myself can handle playing such without my walk being effected. Not to mention, I did get to talk to some of the guys about God, so that was cool. It is, however, a great game to play when you're really angry. ;)

CJ

VGV Owner
09-13-2004, 02:25 PM
Because I had a great time working with some awesome people. Granted, it's not the best game to be spreading around to people, but I myself can handle playing such without my walk being effected. Not to mention, I did get to talk to some of the guys about God, so that was cool. It is, however, a great game to play when you're really angry. ;)

CJ

perhaps, you should try to make a better game. How old are you? You should try to just make a company yourself. Ask me, I the owner of one. If I was angry, I would settle over ONLINE PLAY HALO.

agent_c68
09-13-2004, 02:33 PM
Well, take some advice. Read the Left-Behind adult and kids series. It will help a lot.

Are you planning on selling the idea to another company, or are you going to form a company yourself?

I'm trying to avoid using an apocalyptic storyline, and the point of the mod was never to be a "Christian" story, but I still want to have some elements of christianity in the story. Since the game is an RPG, I plan on making witnessing an option at a few (but very occasional situation in the mod) points. When I do make a "Christian" game/mod, it will be closer to Pilgrim's Progress than Left Behind.

As for selling it, I legally cannot because of the EULA (End User License Agreement) states that I CANNOT sell any mods that I make for their game. But, If the story is good enough, and I get the Education and Job for it, I would either suggest it to my boss as a project, or (if I am far enough along) start my own development studio to develop the game. As for now, it's just a hobbie and something I am doing for fun and challenge. If I think it's decent enough, I'll probably post it on PlantDeusEx and I'll let you all know when do so you can check it out.

terrasin
09-13-2004, 03:48 PM
perhaps, you should try to make a better game. How old are you? You should try to just make a company yourself. Ask me, I the owner of one. If I was angry, I would settle over ONLINE PLAY HALO.

Like Agent, I do what I do as a hobby. The game we made was awesome as it was... though there was some suggestive themes to it, it's no different than watching an R rated action movie. As for making a better game, RWS is a small company with only 12 programmers. It has a total of 2 games out with a third on the way in the near future, and some expansions for the existing games. Yet, when they released last year, the game went gold. Not bad for a small unknown company.

I couldn't be bothered making a gaming company. As it stands, I already own 2 companies of my own. I will however continue working with games as I am needed and when I have the time as my first priorities job wise are my music and film. I'm quite a busy person.

CJ

VGV Owner
09-13-2004, 05:45 PM
Film? Could you PM me some more about that.

VGV Owner
09-13-2004, 05:47 PM
When I said Left behind, I meant the relationship between Real-world crisis and Christianity. There are a lot of books you should read, to get story-line ideas. I could get someone from the creative board to post about it if you want?

agent_c68
09-13-2004, 09:30 PM
No thanks, I prefere making my own storylines. I'm a like the freedom of developing my own story.

skynes
09-14-2004, 04:51 AM
the point of the mod was never to be a "Christian" story, but I still want to have some elements of christianity in the story.

That's the general idea I have with what I'm doing. I'm not making Christian games per se (as in released only to Christian market with all Christian wordings and theology that blows the minds of unbelievers), but I am keeping Christian themes in the games. Some games will be blatant in your face Christianity though(especially the one based at the end of Christ's 1000yr reign).

Mostly what I want to provide are tools for Christians to use. My games cannot give the entire gospel, it's just not humanly possible without the game turning into a sermon. I can however provide a bridge for Christians to relate to non-Christians and use elements in my stories and games to give the Gospel.

VGV Owner
09-14-2004, 08:03 AM
Same with this company. Demon Hunter is going to rock the shelves when it comes out. Especially those people who play DOOM.

Mad_Cow
09-14-2004, 12:43 PM
I whant to no if i could join your companie!

VGV Owner told me to ask about it in this thred!

terrasin
09-14-2004, 12:44 PM
So how will your game differ from that of Doom? In Doom, you hunt a demon of sorts, but what will set your game apart from it if it's the same exact thing?

CJ

skynes
09-15-2004, 05:46 AM
When I seen the post mentioning Demon Hunter I thought he was referring to the band.... lol

VGV Owner
09-15-2004, 11:25 AM
There will actually be a couple of songs by them in the game Skynes.

Terrasin:

For number one, it's Third-Person Shooter. Kinda like Bounty Hunter(Jango Fett) For the PS2. And you have the Armor of God. And some really cool Spiritual Weapons. AND SOME AWESOME VEHICLES! So It will be a mix between Halo and Doom.

MAD COW: He's coming soon. Maybe he'll post?

VGV Head CP
09-15-2004, 12:16 PM
Um, Mad Cow. Phoenix informed me of the situation. Yes, we do have our own program that I work with, but I'm still working on it. Currently, we can only make Cell-Phone Quality Games. But I'm working on it. You could help. Most defenately. DO you have GameMaker? Trial or Full? Do you have a 3D software? If so, PM VGV Owner.

terrasin
09-15-2004, 02:30 PM
Heh, I'm use to working with code, 3d Modeling programs, and 3d graphics engines like Unreal Engine. I don't usually mess with things like Gamemaker.

CJ

kittygirl
09-15-2004, 02:40 PM
DO you develope games?

if so POST THEM!

if you whant 2 go here Click Me! (http://www.gamemaker.nl)

it is easy!

for 3D :o games click hereClick Me! (http://www.darkbasic.com)

But it is ??? harder ??? with the one from the second link!

Uh, no, I do not

VGV Head CP
09-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Does that meen that you are interested in joining the company?

It would let a load off my back. Plus it would be great to have someone else help me make this software.

VGV Head CP
09-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Does that meen that you are interested in joining the company?

It would let a load off my back. Plus it would be great to have someone else help me make this software.

directed to Terrasin . . .

VGV Owner
09-16-2004, 11:13 AM
It's fine with me. I agree with Alex.

agent_c68
09-16-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't think Terrasin was asking to join VGV, I think he was just saying that he's worked with real video game software, like the Unreal Engine.

VGV Owner
09-16-2004, 04:38 PM
It would still be great to have him. If he dicides not to join, fine with me. But I think that the 2008 deadline is coming too soon.

terrasin
09-16-2004, 06:43 PM
I have too many other things going on at the moment to look into getting into another gaming company. Between music, film, and an MMO project I am helping with, I don't have the time to get into another.

I doubt you could afford me, anyway. ;)

CJ

VGV Owner
09-17-2004, 06:11 AM
Especially since currently, everyone is voluntering and our capitol is about $120. Small Company with no product, whadya expect.

VGV Head CP
09-17-2004, 10:35 AM
$120? I thought you said we had $290?

VGV Owner
09-17-2004, 04:05 PM
That was before I bought that software which you are currently working on. I'm thinking about getting a part-time job if I have time.

Mad_Cow
09-19-2004, 12:21 PM
I whanted to join i have gamemaker triel and i could program abit in dark basic!but the triel expired. I might buy the full version soon!

VGV Owner
09-20-2004, 01:53 PM
Well, yeah. PM me so we won't re-lease too much info.

VGV Head CP
10-03-2004, 12:17 PM
I whanted to join i have gamemaker triel and i could program abit in dark basic!but the triel expired. I might buy the full version soon!

Just PM me. . . I mean . . . since Phoenix Left. I just want to see some of your work, before we let you join. ;)

But seriously, PM me.