Maxdude360
10-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Anyone out there like the Jedi Knight series? I have Jedi Knight 2 for Gamecube and I want Jedi knight 3 for comp. i have the demo and it's awesome.

animeraven34
10-05-2004, 07:15 PM
:azn: I have been playing this series ever since Dark Forces. Haven't played the fourth one yet though.

agent_c68
10-05-2004, 08:25 PM
I've played the all of the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces games. I used to make mods (but never released any) for JK and MotS, and I've tried making a few skins for JO and JA.

I don't think that Jedi Academy is Jedi Knight 3 (but I'm not certain about that)

VGV Head CP
10-06-2004, 05:12 AM
I'm not certain either, but I like Academy. Especially the lightsabers!

They are the kind of weapon you can feel they are working.

agent_c68
10-06-2004, 10:06 AM
I actually prefered the original Jedi Knight weapons over alot of the Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy weapons. The only weapon that I did like in the recent games was the Lightsaber, the rest seemed too weak (in comparison) to be effective.

Maxdude360
10-06-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm not certain either, but I like Academy. Especially the lightsabers!

They are the kind of weapon you can feel they are working.

i looooovvvveeee the lightsabers they are they coolest i like having 2 better than a double edge i like the special moves you can do with the lightsabers in this game and how you can choose your guy and color and lightsaber handle (i wish they had red).

VGV Head CP
10-07-2004, 08:55 AM
I like Lasso, and Double sided.

Cornflake
10-07-2004, 11:01 AM
JO was ok.. JA is pretty good, but I got the most enjoyment from JK

Maxdude360
10-08-2004, 02:59 PM
i really didnt like jk as much as ja or jo.

VGV Head CP
10-09-2004, 05:20 AM
I wish I had that game, so maybe I could create a clone on the computer, and then make custom LIGHTSABERS!

agent_c68
10-09-2004, 05:54 AM
for which game? we've mentioned 4 (only 3 officially have lightsabers).

I've done editing for JK (and MotS) and JO (JA is a modified version of JO) so I know my share of tricks and tools. for example, I know how to put your own music, like skillet, into JO/JA.

Maxdude360
10-10-2004, 08:55 AM
how do you put your own music into them?

agent_c68
10-10-2004, 11:03 PM
(I'm a little rusty, It's been a while since I've done this)

-Make a Folder in the JO/JA game data Folder (you should see a PAK0.PK3 file or something like that in this directory) called Music (If It doesn't already exist)

-Make a folder inside of the music folder, like Mymusic (this step is optional, but I prefere to do it, and I'll explain later)

-Put MP3's (Not all will work, but give it a shot) into the Mymusic folder (or music folder if you decided not to make a Mymusic)

-If needed, Shorten the file name. For example, An MP3 for Skillet's Savior my read "Skillet - Collide - 02 Savior.mp3" (Artist - Album - Track# Song) and shorten to something like "Savior.mp3"

-Start JO/JA and get into a game (just about anyone should work, but sometimes in single player the music will transition as you progress through a level)

-Press "~" ("SHIFT" + "`") (on my keyboard, it is the key to the left of the "1") to bring up the console. From here type in "music music/Mymusic/Savior.mp3" and press enter. Savior (or what ever song you choose) should start playing.

NOTE: There are a few things that I am not certain about:

1) I don't know if it will work at all if it's in the directory like that and not a PK3 file (If that doesn't work, I'll tell you how to use PK3's in a later post). It might just not all see the files with the DIR command...

2) the DIR command will print a directory of a folder, type "DIR music/Mymusic" and the console will print a list of files found in the mymusic folder. This is helpful if you put a lot of MP3's in the mymusic folder.

3) I may have a syntax error (bad computer grammer) in the commands I gave.
a) I cannot remember if you need to use the Forwardslash "/" or the Backslash "\" of if it even matters
b) I don't think you need to put the .MP3 extention on the end
c) I don't remember if you need to state the Music folder (if not than the command would look like "Music mymusic/savior.mp3")
d) If you use a diffrent folder name, like yourmusic instaid of mymusic, than replace "mymusic" with "yourmusic" in the instructions I've given (I know, it sounds stupid for me to say this, but I know some people who would make that mistake)
e) Since JO and JA run out of diffrent directories, You cannot put an MP3 in one of the games and run it in the other (unless you have the MP3 in both)

HINTS: Here are a few tricks for playing MP3s in JO/JA

~ use a BIND command to bind the command explained above to a simple keystroke. Make sure a key is not in use (let's say "I"). Then type "Bind I Music mymusic/savior.mp3". if successful, now when you press "I", Savior will start playing. But be sure it's not something that you will use, like "L" (Change Lightsaber Stance)

~ Rename the MP3 something that is short and easy to remember.

That should do it. If you have any questions, either PM me or post them.

agent_c68
10-30-2004, 08:57 PM
If you have JA and have played Dark Force (the first in the series), you will love this Mod (http://darkforces.jediknight.net/).

The42ndEel
11-05-2004, 07:09 AM
I'm also a Jedi Knight Series fan. Ever since Dark Forces. Then Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. Then the Expansion: Mysteries of the Sith. Then Jedi Outcast. Then Academy. I also enjoy modding and skinning for JKO and JKA. I make my own levels, npc's, skins, and lightsaber length mods, etc...anyone played KOTOR?