animeraven34
10-27-2004, 05:22 PM
Does anyone else know about this? There is a seven member "council" that have already recieved copies of HALO 2, but that is not all that they got; they also got the HALO Pelican case, which is a hard suitcase (basically) that has not only an XBOX in it but also a 15 inch LCD tv w/remote, two controllers, an XBOX Live! subscription, and two Live! head sets. Who is on this council?? Linkin Park, Hoobastank, and several other bands and celebrities. They also got all this stuff for FREE!! No offense to the members of this "council", but this makes me sick. These are people who would never miss the amount of money it would take to buy this stuff and they get it for free because they're famous?! Just one more reason to hate Bill Gates I guess.

disciple
10-27-2004, 07:11 PM
Oh, I know it, bro. This sickens me. I just... wish they'd wise up and realize it. ACK! This just bugs me enough that I can't put it into words.

animeraven34
10-27-2004, 08:20 PM
And this is nothing compared to the "Playaz Club." A group of around 50 bands and celebrities that get all kinds of stuff from Microsoft just because they're famous and they play XBOX. >:( This ticks me off no end.

unshakeable15
10-28-2004, 02:16 PM
well, what better way to buy advertising than to give free stuff to celebrities so they'll keep using your stuff?

well, maybe give a bunch of free stuff to kids who can't afford it for a mass Christmas giving ad scheme.

disciple
10-28-2004, 02:36 PM
It's just a way to lure people in... "Hey, your favorite band plays our games!" So, in turn, people buy and play 'em, and force themselves to love 'em, 'cause their favorite band plays 'em. What a crack.

amtrhkyrf
10-28-2004, 02:40 PM
that's wrong.

amodman
11-19-2004, 11:44 PM
Grrrr, I had to wait 3 1/2 hours in the cold and drive an hour away and back late at night to get my copy of halo 2! Course, that was my decision to get it at eb games' midnight madness;).

disciple
11-19-2004, 11:46 PM
LOL! You and Jon both... :D

Soon my Dad and I are going to be on the lookout for an XboX. Even he'd want to play Knights of the Old Republic. ;D But I must try HALO out... the first one first, of course. ;)

And I'd be getting it quickly, too, 'cause I'd be getting it months late! :D

animeraven34
11-19-2004, 11:58 PM
Grrrr, I had to wait 3 1/2 hours in the cold and drive an hour away and back late at night to get my copy of halo 2! Course, that was my decision to get it at eb games' midnight madness;).
LOL! I wanted to go to that here in my town but I was busy with something else, fortunately I had my copy on preorder for months. ;D

DUDE! That awesome D. Yeah, if you get an XBOX, Halo and Knights Of The Old Republic are must haves!

disciple
11-20-2004, 12:04 AM
Definitely! That's what I told me Dad anyway... Now all I need is a good offer of those games and an XboX, and a copy of X-Men Legends and I'm set for MONTHS... ;D

amodman
11-20-2004, 12:11 AM
Though, you do realize KOTOR 2: Sith Lord comes out at the beginning of december, yes? lol. Oh, and don't forget ninja gaiden, and prince of persia, and try out crimson skies, and and...there's too many good games, dangit! Oh, but really, if you have high speed itnernet xbox live is a MUST. Content download and online multiplayer, hoo ha! Also, I'd just rent halo 1 for the single player campaign and buy halo 2 if I were you, unless you have the money, of course. Cause you'll wanna get in on that halo 2 better multiplayer action soon, and it's compatible with live!

animeraven34
11-20-2004, 12:16 AM
Though, you do realize KOTOR 2: Sith Lord comes out at the beginning of december, yes? lol. Oh, and don't forget ninja gaiden, and prince of persia, and try out crimson skies, and and...there's too many good games, dangit! Oh, but really, if you have high speed itnernet xbox live is a MUST. Content download and online multiplayer, hoo ha! Also, I'd just rent halo 1 for the single player campaign and buy halo 2 if I were you, unless you have the money, of course. Cause you'll wanna get in on that halo 2 better multiplayer action soon, and it's compatible with live!
Are you kidding? I've known about KOTOR 2 for a few months at least! ;D If you can find a used copy of Halo that's in good shape, and that's a big IF, it'd be worth it. Also you can't forget Fable! On second thought, you could rent Fable and beat it in a day or two.

You realize you forgot Doom 3 and Half-Life 2, right?

amodman
11-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Pffft, it's sacrilige to get those on a console and not on PC! That's my theory, anyway. I'll be getting all these games coming out these months eventually...there's is a freakin FLOOD of them. TONS of games I was following and didn't realize were coming out all at once. I'll just stick with my halo 2 for now, add on world of warcraft at the end of the month ( I was in the stress test for a week, fees are well worth it! Best MMO I've seen yet, and most fun)...and go from there.

Wanna know somethin funny? Halo, the first one, was the 7th top selling game last August :D. Freakin insane. If you really want a copy they've still got em...and endless stream of em...even now...

animeraven34
11-20-2004, 12:24 AM
Yes, it is the very verge of sacrilige. But unfortunately I have no choice right now. My computer sucks and I have no where near enough income to replace it. :'(

Oh I know they're still crankin out Halo. But I wasn't about to pay thirty bucks for it, I made a buddy buy it for my birthday. :evil:

Unregistered
11-20-2004, 12:28 AM
I just have 1 word for you 'ebay'.

amodman
11-20-2004, 12:29 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That was me...I guess I wasn't signed in? heh >_<.

animeraven34
11-20-2004, 11:58 AM
lol It happens.

As far as eBay, I can't even afford that option.

skilletfan05
11-20-2004, 12:51 PM
ok i know this is late, but i just joined, but as for the celebs and famous people getting the free stuff, just goes to show you what having millions of dollars will get: free stuff even though spending all the money on an xbox, games, etc. would be pocket change to them. it sickens me too. all the money these celebs and movie stars make just for acting. and yet the people that actually make a difference in this world, ie: garbage men, youth leaders, highway workers, the people that keep this world goin get paid beans compared to the peple in the enterainment industry. ticks me off...

ok im done. ill get off my soap box.