HVWDaddysBoy
10-28-2004, 06:15 AM
That's right everybody! Skillet is playing with Disciple and Fireflight at the Last Wave Club in Orlando, Florida on November 12th! The show starts at 7 p.m. promptly, and the cover charge is only $10!!! Be sure to make it to the rockingest show of the year!!!

slickbass023
10-28-2004, 10:18 AM
I wish I lived in florida... lol

unshakeable15
10-28-2004, 02:03 PM
sure you say that this month, but last month... ;)

Unregistered
11-05-2004, 06:54 AM
Why does fireflight always have to manage to sneak there way into backing up every band I see? *sigh*

boaguy
11-05-2004, 06:55 AM
^ That was me, sorry.

skillet_head
11-05-2004, 10:10 AM
Dude, that's like my dream tour!!! I love Disciple and Skillet, just wish they could come to Columbus soon.

-J

sonicspike
11-08-2004, 07:53 PM
Dude, that's like my dream tour!!! I love Disciple and Skillet, just wish they could come to Columbus soon.

-J

This would be my dream line up (in this order):
Skillet
TobyMac
Disciple
Supertones
FIF

That would be a totally tight tour! ;D

oldschoolskillet
11-09-2004, 01:46 AM
njo i whould have to say the collide tour with seventh day slumber and kids in the way is gonna be the best tour

reid
11-10-2004, 09:26 PM
Why does fireflight always have to manage to sneak there way into backing up every band I see? *sigh*

they don't sneak. they actually get asked by the promoters. that's the thing about being a good band. funny, right?

eguitar1
11-11-2004, 12:39 PM
i'm so stoked about tomorrow's concert!! i won't get there until 8:45 or so, work=bummer, but at least i'll be there for skillet!! it's gonna be my 4th or 5th time seeing them this year! and i have to agree w/ you sonicspike, the tones were just here last month

unopposed
11-12-2004, 11:32 AM
If the show starts at 7 will you be there for skillet? Only if they are headlining.

I will be there
It will rock muchly.

theelectric3
11-12-2004, 06:06 PM
i hope you guys had a great time at the show (b/c by the time you read this it'll be over).

unopposed
11-13-2004, 04:18 AM
Yes it was truly a great show!!
The crowd was a bit subdued, but I enjoyed all 4 bands.

theelectric3
11-13-2004, 12:23 PM
so the crowd wasn't that great?

glad you enjoyed yourself regardless. :)

Skilletluvsme89
11-13-2004, 04:50 PM
I wish I could have gone but I had to sing at church

sonicspike
11-14-2004, 04:38 PM
I thought the show was AWESOME!

I flew in from Nashville on Thur night to work the show although I was unsure what I would be doing til I got there. Turns out I was mixing monitors for Skillet and Disciple.

WOW that was a lot of fun!

The crowd seemed more active during Disciple than Skillet. I think however Disciple's music is something you typically mosh or headbang to whereas Skillet is more visually captivating (especially with Lori and Korey). ;)

I didn't catch the sound quality of the system because I was doing monitors. I've mixed in that room before and it is a nightmare. Instead of calling the club "The Last Wave" they should call it "The Last Cave". Concrete walls and floor makes for bad acoustics. Regardless the stage volume was KILLING me! My ears were hurting at the end of the night and I know I lost (at least temporarily) some hearing damage; I should've known better.

Skillet played "Powerful" which was my favorite song of theirs. I also got Disciple to play "Hello" off of their 'Sting' album during sound check because it was my favorite.

John wasn't in a good mood when he got there because his bass was messed up from the previous night. Fortunately that club was next to Sam Ash Music Store so he went next door and bought him another one for that show. Then he spent like the next 2 hours tinkering with it trying to get it to sound like his old one.

It is ashame about what happened to their bus. John told me they are expecting it back during Christmas hopefully.

Did anyone else here attend the show? It was a blast. ;D

theelectric3
11-15-2004, 01:06 PM
glad you had fun. glad John was able to get another bass to replace his other one.

that is a bummer about their bus. hopefully they get it before the new year....before their tour starts up.

eguitar1
11-15-2004, 01:27 PM
i got there around 8:45 just in time to see disciple start! i'd heard of them, but not their music. they were sweet, and it looked like their guitarist has my dream guitar!! gibson les paul supreme! skillet was a blast as always! i got the band to sign my cast iron skillet afterwards! yeah, the crowd was a little less radical than normal, odd, but all was good. at disney in sept i went to both of their sets near splash mountain and the crowd was sooo insane (same applies for cornerstone fl) and i came out dripping wet!
it's a shame about their bus and john's guitar, but the smaller one he bought didn't sound a whole lot different.

oldschoolskillet
11-16-2004, 11:48 AM
www.theworldofjohn.com/Skillet:Disciple.mov

sonicspike
11-16-2004, 11:54 AM
www.theworldofjohn.com/Skillet:Disciple.mov
That link isnt working... can you please remove whatever charachter is causing the problem?

Either the ":" or the "/" in your filename. If you renamed it SkilletandDisciple.mov it would work better for everyone!

Unregistered
11-16-2004, 05:41 PM
what happened to their bus? that sucks that John's bass wasn't working, what's the new one like?

sonicspike
11-16-2004, 06:48 PM
what happened to their bus? that sucks that John's bass wasn't working, what's the new one like?
What happened to their bus?
HA HA HA HA...

Well it's not really funny...

I think the story goes they got lost or something and went under a bridge with no clearance sign and apparently it ripped off the roof and A/C units.

John was telling me they talked to the cops and the cops say that happens a couple of times a week at that particular spot. I told John they should sue the city (Chicago I think) but he said insurance will cover it so it isn't an issue. It just kind of sucks though...

Imagine sitting in their bus riding along and all of the suddent the roof flyes off going like 70 miles an hour! :o That's gotta be a freaky experience :'(

theelectric3
11-16-2004, 07:50 PM
glad to hear their insurance will cover it. i heard their brakes were locked all the way to the airport (before getting caught under the bridge) and one of the wheels was red hot. so basically, the bus could have caught on fire but didn't. God totally protected them.

disciple
11-16-2004, 07:53 PM
What happened to their bus?
HA HA HA HA...

Well it's not really funny...

I think the story goes they got lost or something and went under a bridge with no clearance sign and apparently it ripped off the roof and A/C units.

John was telling me they talked to the cops and the cops say that happens a couple of times a week at that particular spot. I told John they should sue the city (Chicago I think) but he said insurance will cover it so it isn't an issue. It just kind of sucks though...

Imagine sitting in their bus riding along and all of the suddent the roof flyes off going like 70 miles an hour! :o That's gotta be a freaky experience :'(
Omigosh! I mean, really, how many movies has that happened in? At least they were in an action movie for, like, a few seconds. ;)

But, seriously, I am glad insurance covered it. That has to be just another one of those days where something overtly... well, crazy happens.

Unregistered
11-21-2004, 07:00 PM
That link isnt working... can you please remove whatever charachter is causing the problem?

Either the ":" or the "/" in your filename. If you renamed it SkilletandDisciple.mov it would work better for everyone!

Hey, thats my site btw...the link is now different and you can find it at my site www.theworldofjohn.com, just pass the intro and a link is right to the top right :-) its got Powerful, I Can and alot of good stuff..

boaguy
11-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Ah..why do I always do that?

sonicspike
11-21-2004, 07:31 PM
Hey, thats my site btw...the link is now different and you can find it at my site www.theworldofjohn.com, just pass the intro and a link is right to the top right :-) its got Powerful, I Can and alot of good stuff..

Hey my good friend and professor here in Nashville was intereviewd on MSNBC about the Ashlee Simpson incident. I see you have the video on the website. Here is his interview, I think you'll find it interesting:
http://mtsu.edu/~nadam/downloads/MSNBC.mov

sonicspike
11-21-2004, 10:31 PM
Old Skool Skillet:

Dude, if I had known you were going to be there in advance I would've let you up on the stage to film.

Thanks for the video.

Did you see me there? I was mixing monitors.
~Matt

boaguy
11-22-2004, 07:27 PM
Old Skool Skillet:

Dude, if I had known you were going to be there in advance I would've let you up on the stage to film.

Thanks for the video.

Did you see me there? I was mixing monitors.
~Matt

That's my video, actually. But wow...hook me up next time :)