j6stik
11-03-2004, 07:22 PM
My mom is kinda sceptical of me wearing eyeliner to school. Anyone else think it's too "feminine"?

(btw, I don't usually pull this stuff, lol. I just wore it with my pirate suit for Halloween and thought it looked cool)

Russell
11-04-2004, 10:59 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahahahah. Woo. Yeah, I'm with your mom on this one bud. Hahahaha. My girlfriend put makeup on me (the eyeliner hurt... she poked me in the eye several times) and I must say it was very feminine. Don't do it. Save yourself. :P

korey_cooper_jr
11-04-2004, 11:23 AM
Well, seeing as how I'm a tomboy, I don't wear makeup. But makeup on a guy (like eyeliner), no offense, isn't really that cool. I mean, maybe you're just going through a rebelious stage, but my advice is to just not. But if you do, I can guarantee when you're like 30, you'll look back and think "OMG, that was ME!? LOL!!!" haha, I already say it about myself and I'm only 16 ;)

disciple
11-04-2004, 11:33 AM
Me too. I look back to yesterday and say, "OMG, that was ME?! LOL!" :D

sky_flashings
11-04-2004, 11:41 AM
eyeliner...ahaha...If you like eyeliner, sweet. I have seen many times guys wear eyeliner and I only really liked it when they had a dark look going on. But for the most part, I can't say that I'm all that enthused for eyeline on guys. You also have to remember that moms usually can't handle it when their child does or wears something that is typically not meant for them, or is not usually considered "normal". I mean, when you're looking at a baby, do you picture him as one day growing up to be tattooed, always in black, and odd make-up? Not usually, if never. So if I was you, I'd take that into consideration, because it's gotta be a shock to her, if ya know what I mean.

disciple
11-04-2004, 11:42 AM
heh. This reminds me of that verse in... was it, Deuteronomy?

skilltroks
11-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Here males have to draw the line. I know lots of guys that wear Express jeans. But make up...

sky_flashings
11-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Well, there's also an issue of why girls can wear make-up and guys can't. Why do girls wear make-up? Do guys also have reasons like that to wear it?

skilltroks
11-04-2004, 11:56 AM
The American culture says 'males cannot wear make up"

sky_flashings
11-04-2004, 11:58 AM
Does it? Or is it now changing? Haha...this is turning into a thread that should be in Mars Hill. ::]

skilltroks
11-04-2004, 12:03 PM
true.. yeah! Go ahead really, no joke..wear make up to skl. Then America can no longer get an "F" in the World Fashion Report.

sky_flashings
11-04-2004, 12:09 PM
ahhahahahahahahaa! I love it! oh my... ::]

skilltroks
11-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Just what I thought. yeah, really..you should wear eyeliner to skl.

Russell
11-04-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure why people think make-up is only for girls. Err... but I am one of those people. Hehe.

skilletchick
11-05-2004, 10:39 AM
my friend eric wears eyeliner occasionally... i think that it looks good on guys with dark hair... i don't wear makeup to school though. it gets kinda messed up during gym.

Lumix
11-06-2004, 05:37 PM
*shrugs*...if you like it...why not wear it??...unless of course mom says no...that would be a really good reason I supose.

Russell
11-06-2004, 05:56 PM
*shrugs*...if you like it...why not wear it??...unless of course mom says no...that would be a really good reason I supose.

Yeah, I guess I was a bit mean before. I agree with Lumix.

completely_nuts
11-06-2004, 06:51 PM
I dunno... I think that it really depends on the guy. some guys look really good in eyeliner, but those are usually the ones with the long dark hair and the guitar hanging off thier neck. ::] :D
so I dunno. it's a matter of personal opinion, I s'pose.

theelectric3
11-06-2004, 07:11 PM
if you want to, go for it. personally, guys in eyeliner don't bug me. most of the guys i have seen in eyeliner wore a lot of black - i know, a sterotype.

sky_flashings
11-08-2004, 03:34 PM
I'd just keep in mind that your mom doesn't like it, and asked you to not wear it. (Am I right on that? Or did she just dissaprove and let ya know?) One reason the Bible tells us to obey our parents is so we don't cause any sort of rifts in the relationship. You know what I'm saying? And it's little things like what you wear that starts those things up.
I am in no way saying you should fit your clothing or style to your parents ways, but just keep mind of what they would perfere...ya know?

theelectric3
11-09-2004, 02:34 PM
yeah, that is good stuff to keep in mind.

kittygirl
11-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Well, if you're a guy and have really pale eyelashes(blonde) and are wearing eyeliner, then I would say "Uh, could you wash it off, please?"

I have a friend who wears it, and he has really dark eyes anyway, but he doesn't dye his hair black or anything. I actually can't tell most of the time if he is or isn't.

skilltroks
11-11-2004, 01:10 PM
I wore cologne to school once.

kittygirl
11-12-2004, 09:41 AM
I wore cologne to school once.

"Hey, what's that alluring scent?"

"It's cologne buddy, I hit a a bump in the road." :)

Unregistered
11-17-2004, 04:56 PM
i think it's kool when guys were eyeliner. go 4 it dude.i would were eyliner but i have glasses and i think it looks stupid but that's me. i will were it when i get contacts thow

rawkerchick

Unregistered
11-17-2004, 04:58 PM
I dunno... I think that it really depends on the guy. some guys look really good in eyeliner, but those are usually the ones with the long dark hair and the guitar hanging off thier neck. ::] :D
so I dunno. it's a matter of personal opinion, I s'pose.

ur right ::)

unshakeable15
11-19-2004, 01:18 PM
on the eyeliner thing, i did it last week for a jr. high event. dressed up all punk with a black hoodie, really huge black pants with pockets and clips galore. sprayed my hair black and did eyeliner/mascara to match.

scary part was that a lot of the jr. highers said it fit me. :o altho, one was really trying to get me to take off the eyeliner right then and there. ;)

kittygirl
11-19-2004, 02:46 PM
Yeah, that's jr. high for you. ;)

theelectric3
11-19-2004, 07:46 PM
on the eyeliner thing, i did it last week for a jr. high event. dressed up all punk with a black hoodie, really huge black pants with pockets and clips galore. sprayed my hair black and did eyeliner/mascara to match.

scary part was that a lot of the jr. highers said it fit me. :o altho, one was really trying to get me to take off the eyeliner right then and there. ;)

HA! *tries to picture mike going 'hard core'* god any pics? :afro:

kittygirl
11-20-2004, 12:35 PM
You know, I think this is a "to each his own" thing.
It's like earrings, my dad said if my brother wanted to get his ears pierced, then he would have to wear a dress too.(;))

unshakeable15
11-20-2004, 02:11 PM
HA! *tries to picture mike going 'hard core'* got any pics? :afro:
there are some, but i haven't seen them yet. my sister has a film camera and a couple of people at the event had digital. we'll see which one(s) i get a copy of. :) but i will post it. don't worry. ;)

theelectric3
11-21-2004, 01:03 PM
lol. cool.

illjangamaster
11-27-2004, 07:42 PM
When did it become acceptable in this country for a man to go from being a rugged, plaid-wearing, beef jerky eating chump to a well-groomed, "metrosexual" girly-boy like Ben Affleck? Affleck recently agreed to be a spokesman for L'Oreal, with L'Oreal quoted as saying "Ben embodies a new generation of men who show their strength in their personality but are not afraid to care for their appearance." Afraid of taking care of their appearances? It's not that we're afraid you fools, it's that we aren't women. What next? Men getting hormone injections so they can breast feed?

I like wearing men clothes and I don't want to be told how to dress by some dude with a "queer eye." Is that okay with you sissies?

kids now of days, get a skewed perspective of reality, where they start thinking that they have it rough and that they can get away with dying their hair, wearing makeup and listening to Insane Clown Posse.

theelectric3
11-27-2004, 09:39 PM
wowsers. i am glad you aren't in cali - or l.a. area. those people get made fun of enough. our role is to share the love of Christ with them.

and no, i am not saying the way they dress and act is right...but we are still called to love the people. Jesus loves them.

and what does a guy wearing eye liner have to do with all of that other stuff? j/w.

sidenote: i am not attacking you personally so please do not get offended. i am addressing the mindset...

disciple
11-28-2004, 02:57 PM
I agree. That is what we are called to do.

He probably had that building over a few years and this just happened to be what he saw when it popped. I know the feeling. I keep it in as much as possible. That's why we have Rant and Pet Peeve threads here.