slickbass023
11-18-2004, 04:34 PM
My dad's friend recently moved out to AZ, and she bought a real nice house, with a guesthouse that has no walls or bathroom. So she is going to pay for our flight tickets to go out there(from NY) to build walls and put in the bathroom, and pay us good for it. While we're going to be there I've been looking for shows to go there, I saw the Skillet one in Phoenix, in January, I think it is, I'm going to that, so If anyone from that desert state out there wants to say hey, let me know?

theelectric3
11-18-2004, 05:36 PM
unless Skillet comes to Cali on their Collide tour, my Dad is looking to go to that show - since it is the next closest state. so i might see you there.

(not confirmed though.)

fire-inside
11-18-2004, 08:08 PM
That's what Chrishna and I are thinking too.

theelectric3
11-18-2004, 10:15 PM
right on. a get together. :)

slickbass023
11-23-2004, 02:35 PM
Alright cool, i guess we'll figure that out as it comes closer.

slickbass023
11-27-2004, 05:59 PM
So if anyone knows of any other shows out there in arizona, I'd love to here about them.

slickbass023
12-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Now I've found another show(not skillet) Falling up, Spoken, Subseven, and mourning september. That should be a good show. :D

cloroxmartini
12-17-2004, 08:04 PM
i think skillet is coming to tucson sometime in january.

agent_c68
12-17-2004, 08:58 PM
i think skillet is coming to tucson sometime in january.

Really!?! I can't wait! Please post anymore information you have, i'd love to go!

cloroxmartini
12-17-2004, 09:03 PM
okay, i will, for certian. because they've only been to tucson once this whole year.

cloroxmartini
12-17-2004, 09:09 PM
well i just looked at the dates on their site, and no tucson. man, could have sworn they were coming down here. oh well.

theelectric3
12-17-2004, 10:28 PM
tucson was only mentioned in their email. i didn't find it anywhere else.

alrighty, there is a 99% chance that i am going (con mi familia) to the phoenix show. :) and you do have to buy tickets (for those interested in going). people putting on the show rented the facility on the school grounds - the school isn't putting the concert on. with fees and all that, i think the tickets work out to be roughly $16 per person.

cloroxmartini
12-17-2004, 10:34 PM
so are they coming to tucson?

Enzo_Ferrari
12-18-2004, 07:54 AM
I live in Mesa AZ and I am going to the Skillet concert at the Grand Canyon University. It is going to be Gr8 with Seventh Day Slumber(Who i have seen in concert and the rawk!!) and Kids In the Way. That would be nice to see fellow Panheads!

illjangamaster
12-18-2004, 07:58 AM
all i know, is that there is one concert in Phoenix thats it. I haven't seen any for tucson.

Enzo_Ferrari
12-18-2004, 10:01 AM
I don't think there is one in Tucson!! For sure!

theelectric3
12-18-2004, 10:12 AM
yeah, it'd be cool to meet up with other panheads. as it get's closer maybe we can work something out...

cloroxmartini
12-18-2004, 10:26 AM
oh well. maybe some other time.

theelectric3
01-01-2005, 07:06 PM
alrighty, it's official. we're going to phoenix.

agent_c68
01-01-2005, 11:37 PM
yeah, on Friday, January 28th (that's all I know). It's too bad I will not be able to make it :(

I heard that Skillet was coming to Tucson the 30th (http://www.christianguitar.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1648996#post1648996), but there is nothing for the 30th on the Skillet website. If anyone know something about this, the information would be much appreciated

theelectric3
01-02-2005, 11:18 AM
it was only in that email (which the person copied and pasted into that message). John said in their latest email that dates were updated and some new ones were added. i went and tuscon was not there. so i seriously doubt it is going to happen. because if it was, wouldn't they be promoting it in hopes for a good turn out?

sorry to hear you won't make it friday...

slickbass023
01-02-2005, 02:43 PM
alrighty, it's official. we're going to phoenix.

Yay, now I can meet some of you from the other side of this country. It doesn't seem like there's many of us out here...

cloroxmartini
01-02-2005, 06:23 PM
i wish i could go. i don't think i will be going though. :'(

theelectric3
01-02-2005, 06:30 PM
Yay, now I can meet some of you from the other side of this country. It doesn't seem like there's many of us out here...

cool. don't be afraid to say hi. :)

cloroxmartini
01-02-2005, 06:39 PM
if i did go, how would i know if anyone from panheads was there?
stupid question, maybe... how would i know who was who from ph?

agent_c68
01-02-2005, 10:12 PM
We (Tucson Panheads) rarely get to any good concerts because the only christian radio is kBLAHve (KLove).

theelectric3
01-03-2005, 07:27 PM
if i did go, how would i know if anyone from panheads was there?
stupid question, maybe... how would i know who was who from ph?

well, make sure we have a receant pic of us posted on the mb...and then look for each other? *shrugs* i will be with my sisters and parents...umm...i have a twin...usually people don't have a hard time finding me.

you should go. :)

is tuscon really far from phoenix? cuz...maybe all the tuscon panheads can make the drive to phoenix. drive in shifts. :)

agent_c68
01-03-2005, 07:58 PM
is tuscon really far from phoenix? cuz...maybe all the tuscon panheads can make the drive to phoenix. drive in shifts. :)

It's a good 2 hour drive (depending on trafic in both Tucson and Phoenix). I went to Newsboys last Saturday in Phoenix with some people from my church, and it wasn't a bad trip. But I've got 2 problems; first, I don't know if I could get any of my friends to go to Phoenix to see a band that they don't listen to much (I am probably the only one in my college group that listens to Skillet) and second, I have responsibilitis with our Youth Group from 6~9 on Fridays.

But I would definetly go if Skillet came to Tucson.

theelectric3
01-03-2005, 09:39 PM
ah, i see. it's best to maintain previous commitments.

slickbass023
01-20-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah, so I got in arizona yesterday, it's amazing. How do you post pictures on here, I've never figured it out on any boards...

skilletosis
01-21-2005, 08:12 AM
If you can afford to fly from Tuscon to Phoenix that's the way to go. The fair should be pretty cheap. And the flight is real quick. I did it once, you take off, you fly for about 15 or 20 minutes and you land. Short and sweet....

unshakeable15
01-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Yeah, so I got in arizona yesterday, it's amazing. How do you post pictures on here, I've never figured it out on any boards...
you can get a step-by-step process of how to post a picture (http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=2151) in the help forum. :)

slickbass023
01-22-2005, 04:55 PM
haha alright, 15 to 20 minutes? Very short and sweet, flying from new york was a little over 4 hours. Yeah I try the attatchment thing but when I click it, it makes the page go to the top of the screen. But I think there is a pop-up blocker on, so I'll try turning that off, this isn't my computer after all ;)

skilletmonkey
01-22-2005, 09:01 PM
oh my goodness, i am so excited for skillet coming here!!!!!!!!! this is my first skillet concert though i've been a panhead for some years now...i am so psyched, seriously can't wait to see all of you...only 6 more days...

unshakeable15
01-23-2005, 04:13 PM
Yeah I try the attatchment thing but when I click it, it makes the page go to the top of the screen. But I think there is a pop-up blocker on, so I'll try turning that off, this isn't my computer after all ;)
if you mean the link i gave you, you can also copy/paste the url to the address bar at the top of your browser (url can be found by right clicking the link and hitting "copy link" or whatever it says or by copy/pasting this: http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=2151).

slickbass023
01-23-2005, 08:51 PM
Well I have no Idea how to make a picture into a link. And yeah I tried the pop-up blocker thing and it still doesnt work. I shouldn't be too hard to recognize, I'm 6'2", have long curly hair(light brown), I'll either be wearing a black pillar shirt, or a white t shirt that says I love monkeys, with a bannana on it.

theelectric3
01-24-2005, 09:57 PM
the show is going to be awesome. don't be afraid to say hello. maybe we can aim for a group pic (?). we'll see what happens. i'm looking forward to the show.

riz
01-25-2005, 11:00 AM
Anyone willing to pay airfare? ;D

fire-inside
01-25-2005, 11:16 AM
Kevin I so totally have sixty dollars! How far will that get you?

riz
01-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Probably to Indianapolis.

theelectric3
01-29-2005, 09:34 PM
the concert was amazing. admist getting pushed into tables (with bruises and sore limbs to prove it)and some technical difficulties (including john's bass amp getting burned out) the show was really really good. one of the best ever. i loved all the oldies they brought out. :D

unshakeable15
01-29-2005, 10:36 PM
very cool. :) it'd better be one of their best ever if their best socal fans drive to AZ to see them! ;)

fire-inside
01-30-2005, 11:51 AM
Bummer for everyone who missed that show. It was absolutely the best I've seen them do.

theelectric3
01-30-2005, 12:09 PM
it was totally worth it Mike.

riz
01-30-2005, 12:51 PM
Dude, I so wish I could've gone. All the stuff that I was supposed to do Friday evening fell through.

unshakeable15
01-30-2005, 01:31 PM
i talked to Jade last night (kinda, AIM wasn't being nice) and she said it was the best show she's ever seen by them. bummer that i couldn't be there, but what can you do. at least "the ladies" had a blast. :)

theelectric3
01-31-2005, 04:36 PM
kevin - bummer. perhaps another time.

mike - i wish everyone could have made it. perhaps another time. jade, hollie, kel and myself were in a nice little mosh pit for awhile. :P we survived and (with bruises and all) it was worth it. _\m/

slickbass023
01-31-2005, 05:21 PM
Yes it was very amazing, but I don't think his amp actually burned out, otherwise how did he keep playing? Unless he switched to a different cab/head. That tap intro john did was awsome, I can't remember what song it was for, was it imperfection? I figured out on my acoustic bass, seeing I don't have my electric with me :( haha. Who went to the further seems forever concert the next day? I sure did.

fire-inside
01-31-2005, 05:23 PM
The amp that burned out was one of those little cordless, portable ones. I imagine he must've had a spare one, or borrowed someone's, and that's how he managed to go one. And yeah, I think the tap intro was Imperfection. There were some mad solos that night.

I would've liked to go see Further Seems Forever, but I live in Cali and we had to come home. Was it good?

phanoftheopera
01-31-2005, 06:38 PM
It was my first concert and I had a ball! Of course I live three hours away and I had to be home by ten the next morning, so I did have to drive all night. It was still the most awesome thing I've ever done. I had a countdown going in my locker, and people who had never heard of Skillet are now slightly obsessed. I know I totally am! ;D

riz
01-31-2005, 07:54 PM
jade, hollie, kel and myself were in a nice little mosh pit for awhile. :P we survived and (with bruises and all) it was worth it. _\m/

Ha, that's great! We tried moshing in Toledo but the security peeps were patrolling the whole time, so the more rambunctious of the crowd were scolded and told not to do it. Still good fun while it lasted. As always!

freak_for_god22
01-31-2005, 08:19 PM
Are u guys showing us any pics?

theelectric3
01-31-2005, 09:09 PM
Ha, that's great! We tried moshing in Toledo but the security peeps were patrolling the whole time, so the more rambunctious of the crowd were scolded and told not to do it. Still good fun while it lasted. As always!

lol. we had security but they did nothing. they just looked. :P

so yeah, i guess AZ is a good place to mosh if all security is like that. ;)

seeing john dance during energy and the tech playing the bass was interesting. :) but hey, the tech did good.

oh, and no. no one has posted pics right now.

phanoftheopera
02-01-2005, 04:42 AM
I can try and post pictures, but I'm not absolutely certain how. I'll have to figure it out because I have some AWESOME ones! :D

unshakeable15
02-01-2005, 05:37 PM
you can check out this thread (http://www.panheads.org/boards/showthread.php?t=2151) to get a good account of how to upload photos. :) if you still need help, don't hesitate to ask.

slickbass023
02-03-2005, 06:59 PM
The amp that burned out was one of those little cordless, portable ones. I imagine he must've had a spare one, or borrowed someone's, and that's how he managed to go one. And yeah, I think the tap intro was Imperfection. There were some mad solos that night.

I would've liked to go see Further Seems Forever, but I live in Cali and we had to come home. Was it good?

Yeah, yeah and yeah. Should have been a bass solo ;). Further seems forever was awsome, Jon(the singer) seemed like really uncomfortable, but I would be too if I was 7 foot 9. haha No i'm kidding, but he is tall.

Unregistered
02-03-2005, 07:29 PM
Yah...Az is cool

skelfy
02-06-2005, 05:41 PM
Glad everyone had fun. :)

Did you guys notice if there were any more pink girlie hoodies? :-\

the guitar tech
02-07-2005, 05:03 AM
Yes it was very amazing, but I don't think his amp actually burned out, otherwise how did he keep playing? Unless he switched to a different cab/head. That tap intro john did was awsome, I can't remember what song it was for, was it imperfection? I figured out on my acoustic bass, seeing I don't have my electric with me :( haha. Who went to the further seems forever concert the next day? I sure did.

hey man, came across your post. cooper's bass amp definitely fried out. it smells nasty still. it's under the second couch in the bus right now. oh, and to answer your question about how he kept playing, we used a direct box. we still use a D.I. for the show. not as good as the mesa, but gets us by. hopefully we get it fixed on these off days. well, im out.

laters,
-oats (skillet's guitar tech)

Unregistered
02-07-2005, 05:11 AM
lol. we had security but they did nothing. they just looked. :P

so yeah, i guess AZ is a good place to mosh if all security is like that. ;)

seeing john dance during energy and the tech playing the bass was interesting. :) but hey, the tech did good.

oh, and no. no one has posted pics right now.

hey. thanks for the "the tech did good" compliment :)

laters.
-oats (the guitar tech)

theelectric3
02-07-2005, 04:09 PM
to be honest, i didn't spend a whole lot of time at the merch table. so maybe someone else can clerify, but i didn't see any. :-\

theelectric3
02-07-2005, 04:15 PM
hey. thanks for the "the tech did good" compliment :)

laters.
-oats (the guitar tech)

hey, no problem. i think you would like this picture (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/space_angel/jan2805/az_energy_nobass.jpg). it was hard to catch a picture of you in action. i mean, hey, how often do you see john sing energy with no bass? :)

slickbass023
02-14-2005, 09:00 PM
hey man, came across your post. cooper's bass amp definitely fried out. it smells nasty still. it's under the second couch in the bus right now. oh, and to answer your question about how he kept playing, we used a direct box. we still use a D.I. for the show. not as good as the mesa, but gets us by. hopefully we get it fixed on these off days. well, im out.

laters,
-oats (skillet's guitar tech)

Haha nice. Good job playing ;)

theelectric3
02-19-2005, 10:18 AM
here are some pics (http://photobucket.com/albums/v298/space_angel/jan2805) that i took at the AZ show.