disciple
12-11-2004, 05:37 PM
I see some people have a lot to say about this game. It's awesome. Well, talk away! My favorite lineup includes Kilik, Cassandra, Yoshimitsu, Assassin, Lizard Man, and whoever else I feel like at the time.

animeraven34
12-11-2004, 10:22 PM
I can't remember what my favorite line-up was (I haven't played in months and months). All I remember is I always led off with Link and had Kilik in the second spot.

amodman
12-11-2004, 11:11 PM
How bout the fact that I hate it? Heh, I don't think it's that great of a game, honestly. I'd rather play DOA3/DOA: Ultimate with people ANY day...

disciple
12-11-2004, 11:12 PM
Well, I don't like DOA... so that doesn't matter either. :P

amodman
12-11-2004, 11:24 PM
It and the GTA games are, IMO, the most over-hyped blah's in the history of gaming...

disciple
12-11-2004, 11:30 PM
I agree... there's a games thread in here where we can discuss that. I'll fish it out if ya want.

skynes
12-12-2004, 09:24 AM
I like Soul Calibur, which is unusual, I usually don't like fighting games.

Yoshimitusu pwnz j00.... lol

theinvaded
12-12-2004, 11:45 AM
woooooo! Soul Caliber!

As I've said in a different thread, I like this game. It's exciting and fun to play and watch. The matches are always dynamic and fast-paced. The game manages to be simple to pick up so my friends who haven't played it much can enjoy it, yet very deep and hard to master so people who do own it can get a lot out of the game. There's an endless amount of different strategies- I don't think I've ever played against an opponent who knew how to play the game who played the same as someone else.
My favorite character is Talim. I personally like speed and long combo strings over power and hard single strikes. I like getting ring outs, and with Talim its pretty easy to control the fight and push the opponent to the edge of the ring since she moves around so quickly. Her throws almost always send the opponent flying, and she's got some great juggles. Her biggest weakness is her range- it's kind of funny actually, since both my best and worst opponents are Astoroth and Ivy. If I can get in close and break their defenses, they almost always drop the ball and I slaughter them. But if they manage to get their long range horizontals working against me (Astoroth's swings cover half the freaking stage), I get stomped, since Talim is all about side stepping and jumping around.
Another silly weakness of Talim's is that, since she's so small and light, she often tends to "bounce" off foes when she hits them. She's always shifting her feet and jumping around, and a lot of her moves place the opponent behind or to the side of her- I sometimes jump right off the stage after pulling off one of her moves without intending to. ::]

I've got Talim mostly down, and I'm working on Raphael so I can have a straight forward character with better range, and Cassandra so I could have a mix of power and speed.

And everybody likes Link, of course. I'm no exception. He roxxor.

skynes
12-12-2004, 12:55 PM
All we need now is Laura to come and brag about how she always kicks my butt with Kilik and his uber long stick...

weebird20
12-12-2004, 01:51 PM
KILIK ROCKS!!!

and i sooooo did kick ur butt :P just now ur too good at it cus u've had more practice....lol!

skynes
12-12-2004, 01:53 PM
More Practice? Laura I haven't played the game in ages... Your skills just deteriorate faster than mine!

weebird20
12-12-2004, 01:55 PM
:o wot u mean....u have the game at home....you practiced all Yoshimitusu's moves....i dont have the game at home...only the orginal in work :P so yeh u got lots more practice than me......

and no i'm not a sore loser....really i'm not!

skynes
12-12-2004, 02:00 PM
I don't have TIME to practice. Not since I got Metroid Prime 2 anyway! And I have University to deal with! Unlike you, I dont get paid to play games with children

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:02 PM
there's no way im gona win this one........so i will just say......

KILIK is better than Yoshimitusu

skynes
12-12-2004, 02:06 PM
You're such a sore loser, all this because I PERFECTed you!

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:06 PM
LOL! I could just sit here and watch you two talk about this all day! :D

KILIK ROCKS!!!
YEAH! w00t! w00t!

It's not a stick. :P

Anyways, I think I'm O.K. with Talim, but I dunno since I can barely remember names. ::] Isn't it Asaroth? Oh well. :P Anyways, I hate Astaroth. I mean, someone who can cover the stage like that is just URGH! And Nightmare... :P

I always use Assassin against Nightmare and Astaroth. He's up close and, when you know how to play him, he can belt out long combos as well as strong one-hitters, even though I prefer the former. I so want to play this game right now I can barely think of anything else to say at the moment! :o

skynes
12-12-2004, 02:09 PM
LOL! I could just sit here and watch you two talk about this all day!

Be careful Disciple... don't get too close to the beast... and WHATEVER you do! DO NOT POKE HER WITH A STICK!!!!

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:11 PM
LOL!!!

im not as scarey as Nightmare! he really does scare me.......way to big....hits waaaay too hard!

skynes
12-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah Laura, but Nightmare doesn't have nails.... or those temper tantrums... sheesh

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:12 PM
R O F L! *moves in closer* *gets his head bitten off* :D

*poke poke* :D I love Kilik...

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:14 PM
noooooo....i love Kilik! he's the most awesome character ;D

hey wots with the poking!? *gets out her handy dandy napalm*

Muhahahaha!

skynes
12-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Disciple... I'm sorry my friend... but I did warn you...

*jumps out of Laura's cage and closes the gate... locked tight*

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:15 PM
nooooo not the cage....okies i promise to be good....please let me out :)

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:17 PM
ROFLMBO!

Hey, I made the choice. :D

skynes
12-12-2004, 02:19 PM
*sits in expectation of one of the Mods to come in with a stick the size that puts Kiliks to shame to beat this topic back on-topic.*

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:20 PM
*takes a stick the size of Kilik's and knocks it back on topic* NUH-UH! MY THREAD! :D

I may have started out with Link, which was good for controls adjustment, but Kilik became my best fighter instantaneously.

chrishna
12-12-2004, 02:22 PM
*sits in expectation of one of the Mods to come in with a stick the size that puts Kiliks to shame to beat this topic back on-topic.*

You mean this one? *wields her stick the size that puts Kiliks to shame*

;)

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:22 PM
well obviously......and i think its a staff....not a stick...that sounds silly :P

don't you just hate it wen you play against someone who uses the same move over and over?

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:23 PM
Hey, that's me! I do that with Kilik all the time! :evil: That's how I always knock everyone off the stage! :evil:

(And for the record I put it back on topic first) ;)

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:31 PM
lol...yeh....sure u did...:P

ooooo evilness......you can't use the same move over and over....you gona change it! oh and really how can you say that pushing them outa the ring is a win?

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:34 PM
lol...yeh....sure u did...:P

ooooo evilness......you can't use the same move over and over....you gona change it! oh and really how can you say that pushing them outa the ring is a win?
I DID!! LOOKIE!!! A whole 2 minutes before chrishny! :P

It is a win... 'cause Kilik keeps saying he likes "Catz." :D At least it SOUNDS like he says "Catz" :D Besides, I think using my combos on people is enough stress for them. :evil:

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:37 PM
heehee......Catz...thats just funny....actually i don't even konow wot it is he says either.....

so who do you like fighting against best?

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:40 PM
Against or with? :evil: I dunno... usually anybody but Nightmare. :D

Of course, when I'm playing against my older sister, anybody suffices. :evil:

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:42 PM
heehee.....isn't she any good? i usually play against little kids....especially the boys who all wna try to beat me....surprisingly they always want to be a girl....do u think thats strange?

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:44 PM
YES! It is strange... especially because in ANY fighting game, I am better with the ladies. ::] :-[ Why do you think that is? :P

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:46 PM
ummmm....cus girls are better?......lol.....well i still prefer Kilik....but guys always want to play as the girls.....i find it funny :P

disciple
12-12-2004, 02:48 PM
LOL. No, I don't WANT to, I just end up doing it. But hooray for Assassin, Kilik, and Lizrd Man! w00t! I don't want to be playing female characters for the rest of my life... no offense to anyone! Really! I just don't want to be known as the gy who plays Cassandra the rest of his life. :P

weebird20
12-12-2004, 02:58 PM
LOL!!! true......u wud get some funny comments :P

http://www.soulcalibur.com/images/smilies/z_kilikSC21.gif awww look...tis a mini Kilik....awwww...

disciple
12-12-2004, 03:02 PM
OOOH! COOL! Isn't he just a lil cutie? ;D HEY! OUCH! I meant it nicely! :P

Yes... I have already gotten some comments for being good with my first try as Peach in Super Smash Bros. Melee... ::] and Ling in Tekken... ::] and the list goes on... BUT IT STOPS AT KILLER INSTINCT! :D

I always played one character in SCII and dressed her in her Dutch-looking outfit and made jokes to make my opponent laugh (as revenge for the Shepherd's thingy fiasco) while I kicked BUTT!! :evil:

theinvaded
12-12-2004, 04:29 PM
You kids are so cute.

Kilik is a very likeable character. Long range, fast verticals, vicious pokes, and he's very easy to learn and master. Generally, he seems to be considered as the perfect newbie choice, but I personally think he's good enough for the more advanced players. Just avoid using his slower horizontals and he turns out to be a solid fighter. He has a few sweep combos that are effective (while sidestepping, tap AAA- it's one of my favorites).

disciple
12-12-2004, 04:38 PM
You kids are so cute.
I know, aren't we? *sucks on his thumb and crawls around on all fours saying, "Tikl-Tikl-Tikl"* :D

Now if only I owned the full version of Soul Calibur II, I'd be happy.

animeraven34
12-12-2004, 05:10 PM
I always played one character in SCII and dressed her in her Dutch-looking outfit and made jokes to make my opponent laugh (as revenge for the Shepherd's thingy fiasco) while I kicked BUTT!! :evil:
LOL! That's evil! I love it!! :evil:

Nightmare! Reading through this thread suddenly jogged my memory. The line-up I always used was Link, Kilik, Nightmare, and whoever else I felt like using. ::] The theory was if I couldn't beat em with Link, I could mop up with Kilik, and if I still couldn't win with Kilik I would bust out my old freind Nightmare. :evil: Nightmare was the first character I was any good with, the only character I could use to beat my buddy at college last year. He had SCII on Xbox and he always used Spawn. ::]

disciple
12-12-2004, 05:14 PM
Ugh, I want ALL of the SCII Games now! Spawn, Heihachi, and Link!

Evil? What are talking about... :evil:

Nightmare? Good with him? :o Never come close to me with him, I might fight dirty. :D

animeraven34
12-12-2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah yeah yeah. I know I'm a cheater. But like I said that was the only way I could beat Seth when he used Spawn. ::]

disciple
12-12-2004, 05:20 PM
That I could understand. I, myself, am not unbeatable with anyone.

All this SCII talk makes me want to try out the Demo I have. (And I want to play Zero Mission but I need batteries! UGH!)

buckus
12-12-2004, 09:15 PM
I use Cassandra, I am undefeated!! Mwhahaha!! :P Ah, that darn stick!! I was playing against my brother the other day, and he got in some hits with that stupid stick. I was like, "You and that stupid stick!"

disciple
12-12-2004, 09:18 PM
MWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! Kilik is my forté! :evil: I shall use the staff forever! MWAHAHAHAAA!!! Actually, I've always wanted a staff. That's why I went to Kilik after Link.

skynes
12-13-2004, 05:40 AM
Disciple if you ever get stuck on Zero Mission, ask me. I know the game inside and out.

The character I started with was Link. but once I unlocked Yoshimitsu, he became my primary character. I used to be devent with Ivy and I could pull off her ridiculously powerful combo throw, couldnt anymore though...

weebird20
12-13-2004, 10:20 AM
http://www.soulcalibur.com/images/smilies/z_link.gif lil Link decided to join Kilik on the boards....tho i still think Kilik is waaay cooler :P

so do you all check out the controls and study them before playin or do u learn as u go along?

weebird20
12-13-2004, 10:28 AM
ooo here, another question....does anyone here like Voldo? i think he's really creepy looking...just the way he moves and then suddenly attacks :-\

disciple
12-13-2004, 02:35 PM
(I just might... I don't want the game to master me!!)

OOH! COOL! Linky-pooh! ;D

I learned as I went. I only got to play it once! ;D I got real good, too!

And yes... Voldo is... not right... :-\

theinvaded
12-13-2004, 07:14 PM
ooo here, another question....does anyone here like Voldo? i think he's really creepy looking...just the way he moves and then suddenly attacks :-\
I like...to pound all over Voldo.

disciple
12-13-2004, 07:21 PM
I like...to pound all over Voldo.
That sounds like the perfect explaination for what I do to him every time I see him. I beat him with everyone... GO WAY! :o

skynes
12-14-2004, 06:30 AM
I like Voldo, I learnt how to use him a while back. He can be pretty powerful, but you NEED to fight in a strange style to suit his battle technique.

theinvaded
12-14-2004, 01:16 PM
I like Voldo, I learnt how to use him a while back. He can be pretty powerful, but you NEED to fight in a strange style to suit his battle technique.

He's definetely quirky. You can hardly ever tell what he's gunna do next. It'd be interesting to see someone who could use him properly.
But otherwise, he's sure fun to squash into the ground. :)

myownlitleworld
12-16-2004, 01:35 PM
soul caliber2 is a great i play wit my friends all the time

animeraven34
12-30-2004, 06:02 PM
Ok, so I'm up here in Michigan visiting a buddy of mine and I decided to bring SCII. ::] Somehow, my friend, in the span of a day and a half, has managed to MASTER 2 characters! Cervantes and Raphael. Why is it he always shows me up on fighting games? ::]

loner_33
12-30-2004, 06:07 PM
The fact that Cervantes and Raphael have REALLY cheap hits... is that what you meant by "Master?"

animeraven34
12-31-2004, 07:03 AM
Nope. I meant literally mastered, he has all their combos down. Although I do agree about them having a ton of cheap shots, was rather annoying last night when he was using all those cheap hits and then complained about me knocking him outta the ring. Said it was a cheap and dirty move. ::]

disciple
01-02-2005, 12:36 PM
Nope. I meant literally mastered, he has all their combos down. Although I do agree about them having a ton of cheap shots, was rather annoying last night when he was using all those cheap hits and then complained about me knocking him outta the ring. Said it was a cheap and dirty move. ::]
I can think of plenty of replies for that but none of them are appropriate. Period. :D ::]