skynes
12-14-2004, 08:04 AM
http://www.planet-megaman.com/mmmovie/

Watch this and be in awe.... Some College sudents for a final Project made a Megaman movie trailer... LIVE ACTION movie, not Animated...

It's sooo well done!

Quicktime Required for viewing...

weebird20
12-14-2004, 12:08 PM
it is good....very good actually.....now why can't Capcom see that and decide to make a Megaman movie!? if college students can do something as amazing as that with less than $100 then surely Capcom cud make a totally awesome, mind blowing Megaman movie!

disciple
12-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Yes, but think of all the ways big ol' Hollywood could screw it up!

I mean, look at Tomb Raider and Super Mario Bros.! :o

disciple
12-14-2004, 02:45 PM
Okay, I actually got a chance to see it.

Was I supposed to laugh at the end? :D :-[ But really, I definitely think the story of that would need some tweaking. Stick to the original, ya know. ;) I was laughing with Dr. Wily, though. :evil: MWA HA HA HA HA HA!

But seriously, it wasn't too pathetic. Pretty good for a side project, right? Let's just hope that some day, if they do make a Mega Man movie, that it will be a lot better than that Trailer...

(B.T.W., a while back I heard rumors that someone was gonna be taking up the rights to make a Mega Man movie AND a Metroid movie. Let us hope that if they decide to act on it, that they'll be good, and that the music will be as good, if not better than the trailer, and thet the movies not be disgraceful. Like Zero Mission and Mega Man X4. ;))

skynes
12-15-2004, 05:03 AM
Metroid movie rights were bought by John Woo. He's currently in design of the movie which will probablt revolve around Samus' origins.

I really liked that trailer, keeping mind that these were College students and their budget was $85, that's impressive work.

It is a little off storywise, for one Rock was always an android, not a souped up human, also Dr Light created Gutsman as a Construction worker, he was reprogrammed by Wily to be evil. that's the same for most of the early Robot Masters

I know too much Megaman lol...

saulg
12-24-2004, 04:11 PM
where i can get the trailer? i cant see it now :S

skynes
12-25-2004, 01:27 AM
It seems that section of the site is down, I don't know why.

I have the trailer on my PC, I'll try and upload it somewhere so you can see it.

saulg
12-25-2004, 09:23 AM
thanks scott, let me know thanks!

skynes
12-26-2004, 04:27 AM
Looks like I can't upload it. My tripod account has a 30MB limit, the trailer I have is the High sized one of 24MB (already zipped), so it's not going to fit with my site :( That and it'll take an hour to upload :S Stupid 28K upload...

Anyone got any ideas?

disciple
01-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Metroid movie rights were bought by John Woo. He's currently in design of the movie which will probablt revolve around Samus' origins.

I really liked that trailer, keeping mind that these were College students and their budget was $85, that's impressive work.

It is a little off storywise, for one Rock was always an android, not a souped up human, also Dr Light created Gutsman as a Construction worker, he was reprogrammed by Wily to be evil. that's the same for most of the early Robot Masters

I know too much Megaman lol...
I know it was Woo, I just forgot his name. ::] But Samus' origins...? Hmm...

And true, $85 trailer. But that's not my reason for having any disliking for it (I understand about limits).

But feel free to spurt more Mega Man story... for one I didn't know anything about Rock until you said something. For another, I didn't know about Gutsman's (and the Robot Masters... they were called the Robot Masters? ::]) origins.

skynes
01-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Rito. This is the story as best I know it, there may be a few holes though so don't take it as 100% fact.

Dr Wily and Dr Light were friends and Allies. They made robots together.
They built a Prototype - Protoman. He was messed up. Light blamed the programming, Wily blamed the design. they split up.

Light went and created Rock, a butler and Roll, a maid.
Wily went nuts and made robots for evil (The Robot Masters).

When Wily started world Domination. rock volunteered to be upgraded to a battle robot - Rockman.

Wily gets beat, peace returns to earth.
Rock gets upgraded to Rockman X. But X has free will, Light is unsure how he will use that will, so he puts him into stasis.

Few centuries later Dr Cain finds Rockman X in stasis, with a warning. Rockman is capable of sentient free will thought. Releasing him may be dangerous. Cain used his design to built robots, thus creating the reploids.

Wily had also created a final robot before his time ended. This robot contained a powerful Virus to corrupt the programming of robots and was designed to kill Rockman, the robots name was Zero.

Robots started being corrupted by the Zero Virus and a group of robots led my Sigma were formed to hunt the rebel robots (Mavericks). Sigma beat Zero but in doing so smashed part of him and infected himself with the virus, creating the Sigma virus. No longer under the control of the virus Zero and X team up.

They thrash Sigma many times, Zero gets killed. I'm not sure of the next bit cause it goes into X6 and X7 which im not familiar with. I'm guessing that Zero gets partly repaired but never reactivated.
X leads the Maverick Hunters alone and beats them all.

He creates a paradise for humans called Neo Arcadia. A war breaks out using cyber elves as weapons. A psycho scientist by the name of Dr Weil (notice the connection to Wily? Weil/Wily, similar.) corrupted the Mother Elf turning it into the Dark Elf and made war on Neo Arcadia.

X defeated him, banished him from Neo Arcadia and used his body to seal the Dark Elf.

Some time later a scientist by the name of Ciel creates a Copy of X - Copy X, who is put in charge of Neo Arcadia. She also creates 4 Guardians based on his design - the 4 Guardians, Harpuia is the only name I remember of them.

Copy X is bonkers. He starts randomly killing Reploids claiming them to be Maverick. Ciel starts a resistance and finds and awakens Zero to fight Neo Arcadia. Zero thrashes the Guardians and Copy X with the assistance of the Cyber Elf form of the Real X.

Then the Resistances leader becomeso bsessed with power and awakens the Dark Elf to give him supreme power. Needless to say Zero thrashes him too.

Then Dr Weil returns and using his ultimate robot Omega, fused with the Dark Elf tries to conquer all of Neo Arcadia. Zero thrashes Omega, but Weil escapes.

Next bit will probably happen in Megaman Zero 4, which isn't out yet ;)

disciple
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Bleh, I don't like the new games at all. I stopped my liking with Mega Man X3. If only I could play it...