sky_flashings
01-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Hey all. I was just wondering if anybody had a show they enjoyed the most out of all the ones they've been to an why. I think mine would have to be when I was at Spirit West Coast one year... :D
We were all totally getting pumped for the show and we had sat through an Out of Eden and Salvador show. (Which, suprisingly, they both put on a fun show. ::] ) So Skillet came up and was setting up, doing soundchecks, goofing off. Ya know, the usual. At SWC they have big monitors and they play stuff when concerts aren't going on. So we were all totally hyped up and the monitors were playing some thing with this wierd music going on. Being hyper and uncaring about it I started dancing to it and was doing some twisty thing with my hand in the air. (It was fun) After a few seconds I stopped and looked back up on stage to where they were setting up. I looked over at Ben and he looked at me and started doing the odd dancing hand thing I had just done. It was hilarious! He was holding his guitar, standing on stage, dancing in a way that only looks ok when a girl does it. It was funny! We both started cracking up! So anyway, they then put on a kick-butt show! It was sooo great! And the crowd was totally into it and having a great time. After the show and after the autographness we stole a sign the people printed off the comp to show where Skillet would be signing and put it on our tent. Yeah, good times. ::]
So that's my favorite show. It was a lot of fun! ;D What's yours?

skilletgirl
01-05-2005, 03:47 PM
Ben rocks..lol

I dunno if I can pick one show, however I had a few I liked. The one at bluffton Indiana was great, I talked to ben after the show and he told me he remembered me and had a pic of me and the bus. Freaked me out I couldn't believe he remebered me. Also that night I had a chance to see korey and Baby alex when she was pretty little still

Umm another one would be when Korey was about 7 months pregnant, doing one of her last shows and I saw her, I got her a shirt and some stuff, and I got to hang on stage with her a few minutes.. it was cool

theelectric3
01-06-2005, 04:09 PM
hmm...i have a lot.

march02. seeing Skillet in a Catholic church in Pasadena, CA. getting their 4 hours early expecting a line...there wasn't any. good memories.

alien youth tour show in san bernadino, ca. the crowd was crazy.

feb.04, temecula, ca. at the mall. it was insane. the crowd was loud. i got shoved into the stage a few times (had bruses a few days after to prove it). and on savior, i heard everyone around me shouting the words. it was intense. *w/the exception of some weird guys in the crowd. ahem. moving on...*

oct. 22, bakersfield, ca. 2 skillet shows back to back. getting to hang out. it was fun. (though i was pretty tired by the end of the night). :P

those are the ones that stand out at the moment.

#1Grandma
01-06-2005, 11:21 PM
My favorite Skillet show was this last October at Egdefest. The Edge is the local secular alt. rock station, and every year they have a big festival with a bunch of bands called Edgefest. I was kind of surprised to hear that Skillet would be performing at an event notorious for being one of the rowdiest, and frankly dangerous, rock shows that happens here in New Mexico. This years headliners were Staind, Damageplan and Drowning Pool. But Skillet, the epitome of all things awesome, would be there too, so of course I went. I was expecting them to mostly play their hard songs, and not share too much of a message since they had only a thirty minute slot, and were just starting to break into the mainstream rock scene. About half way through the set, John set his guitar down and said something to the effect of, "We're gonna play one of our softer songs now.", and to my amazement, and sheer delight, Korey started Angels Fall Down on the keyboard. In the middle of an atmosphere that does not accept the truth, or look well upon those who do, Skillet was playing one of their most reverent worship songs. Further amazing, most of the people actually respectfully listened to it and you could tell on their faces that this band was not like the others. They had something that the world needs, the hope and love found only in Jesus Christ.
Yikes, I don't want to go off on a preaching trip, but anyway, this was my favorite show because Skillet played an amazing worship song in the midst of a spiritually dying crowd. They are not one of those cross over bands that care more about success than their Savior. They truly will follow God where ever He takes them.

sky_flashings
01-07-2005, 01:02 AM
That's one of the things I love the most about Skillet. They take what little time they have, time that would be best for playing their best songs so they can advance their music, and use it for God. Amen!

theelectric3
01-07-2005, 12:11 PM
that is awesome. seriosuly.

unshakeable15
01-09-2005, 05:26 PM
*nods* very very cool. beyond cool even. Skillet can rock my face off without hitting a chord; just by being who they are. :afro: