skelfy
01-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Here's an east coast Skillet concert for you guys:

Edgefest (Mt. Olive Brethren Church)
7:00 pm (doors open at 6:00 pm!)
2977 Pineville Rd.
McGaheysville, VA 22840

$10 per person (less if you have a huge group going)

Call 540-289-5592 for tickets and more information.

I just edited the main post with more information...

terrasin
02-19-2005, 06:47 PM
Skelfy, any word whos gonna be there?

CJ

skelfy
02-20-2005, 05:12 AM
I don't think SDS and Kids In The Way are gonna be there...they just said Skillet was gonna be there...

But maybe I'm just not sure?

terrasin
02-20-2005, 06:56 AM
I'm guessing this is one of those shows where they preach about their ministry trying to get people to donate money. *coughWingfieldMinistriescough* Then they get all upset when people get impatient listening to them preach while waiting for the band. It gets messy sometimes and they really need to learn that when you being a band like Skillet in, the fans really want to see... well.... Skillet.

CJ

skelfy
02-20-2005, 11:23 AM
yeah, I know what you mean. I don't think it is Wingfield Ministries though. Cause that was at the Salisbury concert and then the one back in 2003, in Ocean City.

So who knows...maybe this time it'll just be Skillet. :-\ Although I have no idea how big this church is...

I have no idea what 'Edgefest' is either! :-\

skelfy
02-20-2005, 02:15 PM
CJ, according to this (http://www.itickets.com/events/93773.html) site, only Skillet is performing. (yes!)

terrasin
02-20-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeh, I saw itickets yesterday which kinda made me think its one of those ministry things cause there was no ticket sales.

You know, I still get things every month from Wingfield asking for money. Tis sad. So many trees... :(

CJ

Unregistered
02-21-2005, 05:48 AM
Hey everyone this is Skilletfreak!! This is pretty much out to everyone who is going to the show in virginia... I talked to Terra about it, and told him I would find info on it. I have everything that everybody needs to know about everything about everything... hehehehhehehe Here it is: I called the church myself and talk to the lady heading it up: The address of the church is 2977 Pineville Rd. McGaheysville, VA 22840. This is the address you need to send 10 dollars to! When they get the money they will send you your ticket! 12 or more people going together is only 8 dollars a ticket! I take it that will be 10 dollars for most of you, haha. The show starts at 7 P.M. but doors open at 6 P.M. so just be there at noon and get behind me in line, hahahahahhahahahaha... no one is going to beat me there! hehe And the thing everyone wants to hear... who all is going to be there? There are 4 people going to be there... Lori Peters, Korey Cooper, John Cooper, and Ben Kasica! haha that's right! Only Skillet and she said that is a full blown show of just skillet starting at 7 P.M. so be ready to have your faces rocked off... its one of those where everyone crowds there way to the stage!! I thought some of you might like to hear this news, hehehe now the question is... will you beat me there? hahahahahahahahahahaha

Skilletfreak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ssn774
02-26-2005, 03:43 PM
im going!!! i cant wait, first skillet concert.. \/\/00T

terrasin
03-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Hehe, I will see you all there I guess. I'll be pretty easy to find. Bug guy wearing jeans and a hockey jersey that says "Hellfish" on the front (Yes, from the simpsons ;)) and my name "Jacobson" on the back with a big 19. If you see me, come say hi and tell me who j00 are. :>

Cya there Skelfy

CJ

skelfy
03-18-2005, 02:32 AM
See you guys there! Leaving early today from school. :)

unshakeable15
03-18-2005, 11:32 AM
have a rockin' good time. :)

terrasin
03-19-2005, 10:32 AM
Concert was good. It was their new road managers first time working on a show and did a good job with the mixing. It was just a bit odd seeing such a plain stage without the ub3r lighting and props used durring the collide tour.

Got to hang with Skelfy for a bit. \m/

CJ

skelfy
03-19-2005, 01:07 PM
I found the sound to be not as 'tight' as before. You could tell Phil was gone and that it was their first day back from the break. Forgivable though. Also, after the second song I lost my spot when I went to go get the camera. There were kids up front just standing there talking as well. There were other things that irked me a bit - I won't get into details.

Good points: John spoke and prayed a bit. They played Will You Be There and did an encore of I Can, one of my favorites.

After autographs were done Ben and Lori left - John was packing up merchandise...you could tell they were busy. So I asked Korey about the bible studies. But my dad and I got to help CJ pack up. Thanks for letting us help CJ.

All in all it was good, but still little things that I had to shrug off and remind myself - 'just enjoy the show'.