Alien Fox
01-10-2005, 05:15 AM
We have Sony and Microsoft, but is anyone a fanatic of Nintendo?

skynes
01-10-2005, 06:26 AM
Of course there is. One right here.

loner_33
01-10-2005, 03:26 PM
I've been with Nintendo since I was two. While I do own a PS2 and my brother owns a Xbox, Nintendo is still my favorite. Even though I DO play the Xbox more than the Gamecube, I play the GBA (and now the DS) more than either. Not that the time played on each system matters, I still like Nintendo the most.

Nintendo is trying their hardest to compete with Microsoft and Sony, and since all of the major developers have pulled their products from Nintendo's systems, Nintendo is gonna have to rely on ports (such as Super Mario 64 DS). I just wish they had the resources to put more effort into the games they make now.

skilltroks
01-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Has Nintendo come out with any new consoles? My fam. has the grey thing that is ugly.

skynes
01-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Grey thing? The NES? Or the SNES? Those are the only grey ones I know of. There' been a couple since then...

Alien Fox
01-11-2005, 04:51 AM
Glad to see that I've already got posts despite me being a "n00b". On other boards, I tend to not get as much response. I'm glad.

skynes
01-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Here, ur post count doesn't really matter. And just for your information

Newb = new member

n00b = annoying pain in the rear L33t speaking 12yr old that thinks they know everything and usually get banned within a week.

I doubt you're the second category ;)

SO! Back on topic

Metroid Prime 2. Who's got it/played it/beat it?

thalia
01-11-2005, 07:34 AM
I love the original Nintendo console...mine still actually works and I play Super Mario and Tetris ALL the time, but since I have no money to buy a new console (I don't have an Xbox or a PS2), I guess I have to make the most of what I DO have, hehe...

loner_33
01-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Metroid Prime 2. Who's got it/played it/beat it?

Don't get me wrong, Metroid Prime 2 is a great game. But I haven't played it much yet because I've been playing Half-Life 2. Metroid Prime 2, I tend to play when it's late Friday night and I've had my fill of Half-Life 2 for the day.

alorian
01-11-2005, 05:18 PM
i don't have any of the newer consoles, but i've got the nes and snes, though i have to say snes is my fav: final fantasy III, secret of _________, various marios, great stuff

disciple
01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Grey thing? The NES? Or the SNES? Those are the only grey ones I know of. There' been a couple since then...
i HOPE that's not what she means... the NES and the SNES were Nintendo's best systems EVER, hands-down.

I'm a Nintendo freak as well... I used to be strictly Nintendo, until I found some fun PSOne games...

alorian
01-12-2005, 05:33 PM
^same here

skynes
01-13-2005, 02:14 AM
The SNES was easily Nintendo's Best.

Mario Kart
Link to a Past
Final Fantasies
Megaman X 1-3
Tales of Phantasia
Secret of Mana
Chrono Trigger.

These games set the standard! Some of them have never been beat

alorian
01-14-2005, 07:01 PM
which ones haven't been beaten?? i'll have to buy them and beat them

disciple
01-14-2005, 07:18 PM
which ones haven't been beaten?? i'll have to buy them and beat them
LOL. He meant they haven't been surpassed on any later consoles. :)

alorian
01-14-2005, 07:57 PM
heheh, i love it when i get mixed up by the english language, can't believe i didn't recognize that for what it was, thanks

disciple
01-14-2005, 07:59 PM
No problem. And I agree with Skynesy.

skynes
01-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Lol. I did mean surpassed. Ocarina of Time was good but it doesn't beat Link to a Past. If it didn't have the Water Temple.... it may be close.

Also FFV and FFVI were the bests Final Fantasies. The later ones were good, but there's just something about the earlier ones that never transposed to 3D

alorian
01-16-2005, 10:03 AM
don't think i ever played five, but i played VI/III, one of the best games i've ever played, i wasn't a huge fan of FFI or II, but they were decent enough

skynes
01-17-2005, 02:38 AM
I never completed I or II. V is really good. Has a job system which I'm told is similar to X2, but I dunno if it is, I don't have a PS2 so I cant play X or X2.

VI is one of my faves. I remember getting my main 4 characters to L99 with 9999HP and 999MP. Kefka wasn't much of a challenge after that.

disciple
01-17-2005, 12:38 PM
La Locura Del Kefka (http://www.ocremix.org/detailmix.php?mixid=OCR00426)! *does a Samba dance* :D

I know, I'm crazy. Too much Nintendo. ;)

Lol. I did mean surpassed. Ocarina of Time was good but it doesn't beat Link to a Past. If it didn't have the Water Temple.... it may be close.
Yes. Though the Water Temple was done in pure 'Zelda 3' tradition, it wasn't my favorite. I also didn't like the Sadow Temple. (Come on, "Bongo-Bongo"?! Where's the 'idea team' NOW?!)

skynes
01-18-2005, 05:22 AM
Water Temple in Zelda 3 tradition? huh?

I hated the Water Temple. It is the single reason why I will not playthrough OOT again. I hated that level with a passion.

Bongo Bongo was interesting, but they're running out of ideas. Most of the bosses in Minish Cap are re-hashes of older bosses.

disciple
01-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Water Temple in Zelda 3 tradition? huh?

I hated the Water Temple. It is the single reason why I will not playthrough OOT again. I hated that level with a passion.

Bongo Bongo was interesting, but they're running out of ideas. Most of the bosses in Minish Cap are re-hashes of older bosses.
Don't you remember the water dungeon in Zelda 3? Where you get the hookshot? The Water Temple was a sort-of rehash of it.

The reason I won't play through it (or play Master Quest) is because of the Shadow Temple. The place annoys me. Bongo-Bongo's easy.

And Minish Cap is, in my opinion, a bad attempt at quelling the people's desire for the next game, which will probably be the best Zelda game since... a long time.

Most of the bosses in Wind Waker are rehashes of old ones. And, the ones that aren't are pathetic and too easy. One of the bosses is almost exactly an identical copy of the first one in OOT.

BlackDranzer
02-11-2005, 10:38 AM
I've got a question for all you nintendo fans.
There is a new came coming out for gamecube and ps2 in march called shining tears they said it's off of the shining force series I read the right up on it and it sounded pretty cool. does anybody had any idea what the original series was like and do you think the new one will be any good?

disciple
02-11-2005, 11:06 AM
I've got a question for all you nintendo fans.
There is a new came coming out for gamecube and ps2 in march called shining tears they said it's off of the shining force series I read the right up on it and it sounded pretty cool. does anybody had any idea what the original series was like and do you think the new one will be any good?
I heard that it had great promise.

The only reason we can't know for sure whether or not it'll be any good is solely because the rest of the games in the Shining series are games of different genres. So I wouldn't know for sure if Shining Tears will be any good.

BlackDranzer
02-11-2005, 06:21 PM
thanks disciple
I'm most likely going to buy it when it come's out weather it's good or not anyhow the graphics looked pretty cool and that's usually what sucks me into a game weather it's lame or not usually doesn't matter to me as long as the graphics are good.

disciple
02-11-2005, 07:03 PM
thanks disciple
I'm most likely going to buy it when it come's out weather it's good or not anyhow the graphics looked pretty cool and that's usually what sucks me into a game weather it's lame or not usually doesn't matter to me as long as the graphics are good.
To reiterate what you said, I'm sure you meant that "If the game isn't the best, it doesn't matter to me, as long as it's the type of game I like with good graphics."

Because, "whether or not it's lame, as long as it has good graphics" can be misleading. :) I know a couple of games with awesome graphics that are just ... pathetic.

BlackDranzer
02-12-2005, 05:02 PM
Sorry about the wording and yes your interpritation was corrrect. Thanks for clearing that up ;D

disciple
02-12-2005, 06:52 PM
Sorry about the wording and yes your interpritation was corrrect. Thanks for clearing that up ;D
::] No problem. ;D

I used to be a Nintendo fanboy... you know, one of those people who ONLY play Nintendo games and despise any other platform... I was young. ::] And very naive. When I first played Tekken 3 for the PSOne, I was hooked, and I changed my opinion... forever. :P

I wish Nintendo would do something to revive their old prestige (yes, I lack better wording for it.) I hear the Revolution (a.k.a. "the next GameCube," so to speak) has controllers with Gyration technology. The company, Gyration, makes a lot of things, but I have a feeling it's gonne be literally gyration technology. That possibly could screw up the system. :-\ Trying to hard to revolutionize the gaming industry has DEFINITELY resulted in major past failures.

BlackDranzer
02-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I never played tekken 3 But I have played the original tekken it's o.k. but I really prefer Star Wars Masters of......huh I can't remember what it's called it's something that starts with a...T...unfortunately I don't own the game but I borrowed it from my cousin a couple of tiimes. It's really cool ;D