ShaggyDoug
02-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Tonight. Anyone going? I'll be the old fogie standing next to the other old fogie.

Anyone know if Korey is on the tour way out here or if there is a sub? I heard she might not be doing some shows.

- shaggy

theelectric3
02-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Korey is still on the road with them. :)

ShaggyDoug
02-04-2005, 12:32 PM
Korey is still on the road with them. :)
Thanks for the info. Stating the obvious but she's got a great voice.

- shaggy

animeraven34
02-04-2005, 02:17 PM
Tonight. Anyone going? I'll be the old fogie standing next to the other old fogie.
I was going to but I didn't get paid soon enough ::] . But I am going to the show in Pueblo tommorow night.

theelectric3
02-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the info. Stating the obvious but she's got a great voice.

- shaggy

she really does. i wish you could hear her more. she tends to be a little quiet. maybe since she doesn't have the scream like john or something. *shrugs* either way, i love it when her and john sing together.

oh, and have fun tonight. :)

ShaggyDoug
02-04-2005, 09:58 PM
she really does. i wish you could hear her more. she tends to be a little quiet. maybe since she doesn't have the scream like john or something. *shrugs* either way, i love it when her and john sing together.

Thanks and I did. Consistent with their reputation, Skillet is awesome live (wish they had a live non-acoustic DVD). This is the 2nd time I've seen them with the 1st way back when Alien Youth came out right after 9/11. Korey rocks for being 15 weeks along.

For those who care, here's the set list, full of oldies but goodies:

My Obsession
Best Kept Secret
Energy
Locked In A Cage
Collide
Forsaken
More Faithful
Rest
You Take My Rights Away
You're Powerful
Alien Youth
Ben Solo
Lori Solo
My Beautiful Robe
John talking, catching his breath and making a "stupid joke" (you had to be there)
Imperfection
Open Wounds
Will You Be There
Savior

And then for the encore they played Saturn (request from a "short person" up front) and I Can. They varied up the songs a little from the studio versions. I think it was Alien Youth that a "high speed" ending. Savior had a non-acoustic start to it that sounded pretty cool.
I personally wish they would have played Kill Me, Heal Me as it's my favorite song. Beggers can't be choosers though and I really, really enjoyed the show. I wish they had the ability to record their live shows and sell them on the internet within a day or two. (Yes, other bands who shall remain nameless do this).

- shaggy

PsychoCanOpener
02-05-2005, 07:15 AM
glad you liked it. when i saw them last month i think they did Saturn as the encore but i'm not sure. i don't know the songs from their 1st cd

amiesuzie
02-05-2005, 07:54 AM
I was going to go but my sister's birthday party was last night and we couldn't. Sounds like it was a really good show. I am so dissappointed that I couldn't go.

Red_gal
02-05-2005, 06:50 PM

I know, John is loud, but his voice is unique. It's even hard to try to sing over him on your stereo.

alorian
02-07-2005, 05:25 PM
i really wanted to go, but my mom wouldn't let me, guess she didn't want me coming back eating yogurt and wearing sandals (colorado joke)

freak_for_god22
02-07-2005, 08:34 PM
man,.. how was Will u Be there?.. My fav song in the world....

ShaggyDoug
02-10-2005, 10:22 AM
man,.. how was Will u Be there?.. My fav song in the world....
It was great of course! It did seem like they did something different in the "guitar part" near the end of the song. It sounded a bit more like it was Korey's voice synthesized in some manner. Could just be my abused hearing though.

Another difference, but for John this time, is when he is singing Alien Youth and it gets to that echo "leave....eeaa....eeaa...eave....eave". On the album, it sounds like an artificial echo on the mic. In real life, he just does it himself but it isn't sustained as long.

And of course, everything just sounds so much harder in real life than on the albums.

- shaggy