localbandsrock
02-13-2005, 05:29 PM
A funny thing happened in Grandville last night. I was in line waiting to get into the venue for the skillet concert, and myself and the group I was with were almost to the door.
I was dismayed to find that the ticket I was holding onto (my ticket) was no longer in my hand. Assuming that I must have dropped it, I looked around saying, "i lost my ticket, i lost my ticket". not finding it, i promptly purchased a new one for twelve dollars. however, not even probably five minutes later, i found my "lost" ticket. my "lost" ticket was in the pocket of my sweatshirt, where I normally don't put things for fear that i'll lose it.
having already purchased a replacement ticket, i decided to give my ticket away to somebody who needed one. however, it seemed unfortunately that nobody needed one anymore. i really had no use for it, so i gave it to one of the security people after they told me they'd find somebody to give it to. truth be told, i'm not sure they believed me when i told them that it was my original "lost" ticket. haha. :afro:

separateunion
02-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Good chance you might have bought that ticket from my friend who was selling our extra tickets outside the venue.

terrasin
02-15-2005, 03:04 AM
There were a lot of tickets being sold outside the venue. Someone had a whole bucket of them. :\

CJ

PinkGoo
02-15-2005, 06:57 AM
if i was there i woulda bought the ticket from u!!!!

skilltroks
02-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Grmf. I am upset.

localbandsrock
02-15-2005, 05:44 PM
I guess I shouldn't have been too ;D to find that there were people selling tickets at the show, despite the fact that it was sold out. However, even though I actually did have my original ticket, and didn't realize it, I was glad to find somebody that I could buy a ticket from. If I had actually lost my ticket, and could not find anybody to buy one from, I would've been left to sit in the bus that I rode in to the show until the concert got over.

skilletosis
02-15-2005, 05:57 PM
Tis a sad day to see scalping at a christian concert...

localbandsrock
02-15-2005, 06:19 PM
Tis a sad day to see scalping at a christian concert...

well...it sure beats being away from the friends that you traveled with for an hour to get to a concert you've been looking forward to seeing for months. besides, technically, isn't scalping when somebody makes a profit from selling already purchased tickets? i'm confident that most of the people selling tickets (including the person i bought mine from) were not selling them for more than you could get them for anywhere else.

skilletosis
02-15-2005, 08:38 PM
why would anyone buy a bunch of tickets and sell them in the parking lot if they didn't intend on scalping them. I'm sure that there would be that one rare occasion where a group didn't end up going but I just don't see a purpose otherwise.

localbandsrock
02-15-2005, 08:54 PM
why would anyone buy a bunch of tickets and sell them in the parking lot if they didn't intend on scalping them. I'm sure that there would be that one rare occasion where a group didn't end up going but I just don't see a purpose otherwise.

i bought my ticket for the advanced ticket price, the day of the show. it was apparent to me that the ticket originally belonged to somebody who for one reason or another could no longer go. i don't think anybody who was selling tickets there bought them with the intention of selling them, but that's just a thought.

terrasin
02-16-2005, 01:50 AM
They wern't selling for more than the ticket price. Just people didn't show up.

CJ

terrasin
02-16-2005, 10:09 AM
Anyone get pix from the Grandville show?

CJ

separateunion
02-16-2005, 10:39 AM

Our group bought 15 tickets ahead of time, but three people ended up not going. We sold the tickets on the parking lot because we didn't want to be out the money and why waste the tickets if you have them? I'm sure there were people who wanted to go but couldn't because the show was sold out. We were doing those people a favor.

separateunion
02-16-2005, 10:40 AM
Anyone get pix from the Grandville show?

CJ

I took a handful, but my digital camera distorted all but one. I don't have any way to post the pic, so let me know if you want it and how to get it to you.

terrasin
02-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Send it over aim. :)

CJ

skilletosis
02-16-2005, 12:20 PM
Like I said I'm sure there would be that one rare occasion... So that's good to hear..

localbandsrock
02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
Like I said I'm sure there would be that one rare occasion... So that's good to hear..
for sure! :afro: