churchboa
02-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Hey Everybody,

I am down to only four days before I see Skillet for the very first time LIVE! I am so excited. Just from listening to the music, watching the videos, looking at the pictures, and reading what you guys and gals have to write, I know the show is going to RAWK like nothing else! Does anybody remember what their first show was like? How did you make it the last few days before you saw Skillet for the first time?

Thanks a bunch!

The Golleemama
02-15-2005, 08:44 AM
Darlin', are you ever in for a treat! 8)
I still remember my first one, way back in 2000 when my son and his friends made me go to FallQuest in Villa Rica, GA & right before Skillet came on stage, they drug me right down front and planted me at the edge of the stage. I'd not heard the band before. When I saw John come out with that sparkly guitar and that blonde hair sticking straight up, I turned around and said to the guys "What in the world??" They laughed and said "you just wait!"
NEEDless to say I was totally won over before the first song was thru, and I've been a dedicated Panhead ever since.
AND, tonight I'm going to see them in Cleveland, GA with some friends! Ah yes.
You have fun at your first show!

The Golleemama

theelectric3
02-15-2005, 10:37 AM
have fun matt. :)

my first skillet show was back in the summer of '97 or '98. they were at SWC and i liked their cd so i just figured i would check 'em out. i went and was impressed the most by John's message to the kids there. [in all the concerts i'd been to, i never saw that. not even christian festivals and such. they usually just wait for the speaker to do the talking/ministering.] and i also liked the energy they put out on stage.

i've been a supporter of Skillet's ministry and music ever since.

The Golleemama
02-16-2005, 08:49 AM
'Ministry' is the word; his testimony has touched hearts every single time I've ever seen them in concert. A couple of years ago I got to tell him that I personally appreciated his witness, his honesty in talking about how real Jesus is in his life & that I was so proud of him for taking a stand like that.

unshakeable15
02-20-2005, 01:18 PM
my first concert was a little over a year ago, down in southern California. :) it was cool to meet up with some friends down there and see Skillet rock out for the first time (mine, not theirs, obviously). i knew all the songs since i'd been a fan for a while (well enough to notice John screw up the second verse of "A Little More" but it's ok, i don't hold it against him). it was a blast. :) then, my second concert a couple days later was awesome as well. :)

theelectric3
02-20-2005, 08:08 PM
i forgot that was your first time seeing them. how cool. :)

KaiserZr
02-20-2005, 10:52 PM
I saw them for the first time 2 days ago in Little Rock Arkansas. I have been hooked on them for 5 years now though. They are awesome in concert. I didn't know what to expect, but I was truely amazed at what I saw and heard. They played at least 2 songs from ever cd expet Ardent Worship. They didn't play me favorite song, "Thirst is taking Over", but it was allright since they played my second favorite "I Can" to close the show. In total they played 16 songs, plus Lori did a drum solo and Ben did a prettly long guitar solo. One thing I liked about it though that really makes me want to see them in concert again this year is how nice John is. I got there autographs and shakes my hand and says how nice it is to see me, even though he didn't know who I was, and said he hopes to see me again. That was just awesome, he was so just down to earth doesn't act like most music stars. He treats all of his fans like friends. Sorry about the long story, but all I am saying is get prepared to blown away.

aliennacage
02-22-2005, 10:24 AM
first show was 99 in shoot, somewhere in Washington state. I got there 3 hours early, sat on the steps in the rain and then went in and got rained on by john's sweat! they completely just w0wed me! been a devoted fan since!

Red_gal
02-22-2005, 02:11 PM
my first concert was a little over a year ago, down in southern California. :) it was cool to meet up with some friends down there and see Skillet rock out for the first time (mine, not theirs, obviously). i knew all the songs since i'd been a fan for a while (well enough to notice John screw up the second verse of "A Little More" but it's ok, i don't hold it against him). it was a blast. :) then, my second concert a couple days later was awesome as well. :)
You know the songs just have influence. I haven't had the chance to buy the collide album (just don't really have the money now). They are a good band to listen to and if you are into mainstream music that sounds similar to that. I've heard about collide one and two and just would rather have collide 2. What is the difference between 1 and 2? I know its a stupid question. Could you tell me?

disciple
02-22-2005, 02:12 PM
What is the difference between 1 and 2? I know its a stupid question. Could you tell me?
Collide '2' has Open Wounds, and I think a longer Savior. That's from what I know. Don't worry, it's not a stupid question; I asked the same thing when I first heard about two versions. :)

unshakeable15
02-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Collide '2' has Open Wounds, and I think a longer Savior. That's from what I know. Don't worry, it's not a stupid question; I asked the same thing when I first heard about two versions. :)
actually, i don't think Savior's longer, but i've checked so i'm not certain on that. it does have a behind-the-scenes video you can watch on your computer (which i've seen a grand total of once). :)

disciple
02-23-2005, 12:36 PM
actually, i don't think Savior's longer, but i've checked so i'm not certain on that. it does have a behind-the-scenes video you can watch on your computer (which i've seen a grand total of once). :)
lol I've seen it twice! :D

skilletfreak91
02-23-2005, 01:34 PM
my first skillet show was three days ago. i had been a fan of their music before the show and all but seeing them live inspired me to panheadship. and the last few days before the concert almost killed me...so i know how you feel there.

Servant
02-23-2005, 05:11 PM
Got hooked on skillet in 96 when i was randomly listening to music in a bookstore and decided to buy their original album. My first Concert was in Tulsa around May of 2000 I think. Whoever was promoting it did a terrible job, and only about 150 people showed up.

but the concert was aweomse, just made my second show finally and my third is coming in April.