The Golleemama
02-15-2005, 08:51 AM
SO tonight is the night! Who all is going to show up in Cleveland, GA for the concert? I don't even know who else is performing because I'm going as a guest of some friends.

theelectric3
02-15-2005, 10:40 AM
have fun. :)

The Golleemama
02-16-2005, 08:45 AM
::]
Well I didn't believe it possible, but the band is BETTER than ever! Tighter, polished, just so professional - in a very good way. The set was extremely cool, Collide tour backdrops with that fascinating snake/mannequin/wings motif; lights EVERYwhere (often turned on the audience, what's with that?? I felt like the band wants to see the crowd!)
John's account of going to the Grammy awards was hilarious, and quite Cooperian as you would expect. Hear it for yourself the next time they're in town, I'm not going to spoil it for you here.
And the music, well this Golleemama was unable to keep still when they started Best Kept Secret (my favorite) & Locked in a Cage (I called home on the mobile during that one, so my son could hear!)I loved hearing songs from the older albums, and the ones from Alien Youth & Collide just blew the doors off the place. Totally, completely awesome.
I got a chance to talk to the band after the show, once just about everyone else had gone through the line to get things autographed... I know they hear compliments all the time, but maybe because their music is such an inspiration to me I really wanted to tell them how much I liked the concert, how
amazing Ben is & that I really come to the concerts just to hear the fabulous guitar, how Lori is simply amazing...
and of all things, my ticket number was 1. One! The first ticket to be sold for the show, isn't that cool; just had to get everyone's John Hancock on it, and they obliged quite kindly.
Well I'm happy. Now don't you miss them when they come to your town! There aren't that many dates left, they said last night...

TTFN
Susan Gardner

freak_for_god22
02-16-2005, 11:27 AM
Yeah they do know how to rock ur face off.. Im so happy that there is a date now in ny.. i thought i had to wait all the way till aug.. I dont care if its not the collide tour..

Red_gal
02-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Sounds like Skillet has really grown as a band. I mean in a good way, but I like the newer songs better still. It seem like writing songs or whatever has to be sort of personal if you want others to like it. Locked in a cage, Best kept secret, and invincible are good older songs. I just like the AY and Collide sound better. Sometimes you feel like light songs and sometimes not. I just have a preference for playing albums instead of shows. But, sounds like they are even better live now than use to b.

aliennacage
02-22-2005, 10:27 AM
yes cleveland was a very spiffy concert! I love the longer set too! all the stuff from all the albums it just ***heart pitter patters*** it was great!

The Golleemama
02-24-2005, 08:28 AM
If you visit my photo album site, there is a "2005 Concert" section where you can see the photos my daughter took in Cleveland...

http://www.sggardner.photosite.com