Stridergorn
02-17-2005, 08:39 AM
Yeah, Skillet's coming to Knoxville! Three hours away from me, perhaps, but I'm going to be there. Anyone else here going? It's gonna be so rockin awesome!
:azn:

Unregistered
02-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah, Skillet's coming to Knoxville! Three hours away from me, perhaps, but I'm going to be there. Anyone else here going? It's gonna be so rockin awesome!
:azn:

I wanted to but its so busy, and don't know anyone here going.

Red_gal
02-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Well, can't go. No one here is going.

Unregistered
02-18-2005, 08:22 PM
that concert was awesome.... i was 2nd from the front, dead center....

kids in the way and seventh day slumber were great too....

man i love live music!

churchboa
02-18-2005, 10:03 PM
Two Words: Simply Amazing! Tonight I was able to see my first Skillet show and it was incredible. I made the drive from Chattanooga to Knoxviile in only about two hours. I arrived at the venue at 5:30 PM with the doors set to open at 6:00. People had already started lining up. For some reason, they did not open the doors until about 6:10. My wife and I were able to find seats on the left side of the stage on the second row. They seemed like great seats, until everybody started pushing up towards the front later on. Kids In The Way opened up the show right at 7:00 PM. Seventh Day Slumber followed and did an equally fine job. The testimony that the lead singer for SDS gave, was really powerful. Finally, the moment that I had been waiting for. Skillet took the stage. It was just simply an amazing performance.

Skillet Set List:

My Obsession
Best Kept Secret
Energy
Locked In A Cage
Collide
Forsaken
? (I believe it was More Faithful)
Rest
You Take My Rights Away
You're Powerful
Alien Youth
? (I believe it was My Beautiful Robe)
Imperfection
Open Wounds
Will You Be There
Savior

Then came back for a two song encore:

Saturn
I Can

I know that Skillet performed a total of 18 songs. Towards the beginning John made a comment about them playing at least two songs from every album as well. One highlight of the evening was when Lori was playing so loud/hard she actully busted two drum heads at different times. One was on the snare drum. Another highlight would be the solos that both Lori and Ben perform, an excellent job to both! John also kept saying about how the Knoxville crowd was one of the loudest from the tour.

After the show, all three bands greeted concert goers. I personally never saw Kids In The Way, after the show, but they were around. I did get to see Seventh Day Slumber. The line to see/meet Skillet was a pretty good length, but we waited. After about a 30 minute wait, we finally made it up to the table where they were at. They signed a poster and a CD booklet for me. All four were super nice, and John and Ben shook my hand. I congratulated them on their Grammy nomination, and that was that.

For my first Skillet show, I would give it a perfect 10. It was just really awesome! I cannot wait, until they return to the area.

Gollum
02-19-2005, 07:56 AM
Dudes! We got there early and got to hang out in the auditorim and watch them practice. It was awesome! I was surprised they let us in, but we were in the main entrance with John later and I could see a crowd outside the doors, and then we had to go get a hotel. But we were back for the concert, and I'm still looking for my face, and we gave John donettes, and he said he was about to cry he was so happy. I can't wait to see them again.

benkenobi
02-19-2005, 08:24 AM
Hey guys. I'm new to this board, but I wanted to let you all know that I was at the concert last night which totally rocked!!! Thanks a bunch for the setlist. I'm not great at keeping up with those things unfortunately. Does anybody know the setlist for Seventh Day Slumber? A friend of mine wanted to know. Thanks again!!!

- Ben

terrasin
02-19-2005, 08:58 AM
Anyone get pix?

CJ

theelectric3
02-19-2005, 10:17 AM
glad to hear the concert went so well.

Stridergorn
02-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Oh, man! That concert was just amazing! It rocked my face off a million times over!! And yeah, I've got pictures. I'll load them ASAP. We gave John a bag of donettes, as my best friend Gollum already said. He said I was his very good friend now. And now I've got a guitar pick signed by Ben.

Stridergorn
02-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Okay... help please. How are you supposed to attatch pictures?

Unregistered
02-19-2005, 01:09 PM
I went with some college buddies and got there around 4:15. I had never seen Skillet before but the Collide album was one the best Christian albums I had/have ever heard if not the best all around album. The opening bands were good, but the show burst into life when Skillet came out. It was 2 1/2 hours of skull-crushing, teeth-clattering, neck-breaking, melt-your-face-off hard rock that had all jumping and head banging in beautiful harmony....the show was terrible....sh'e right! No joke, it was the BEST SHOW EVER! If I could underline that a few times I would. And all for 9 measley dollars. I would have paid 70. I urge anyone with ears to go to a Skillet concert. If you don't like it....I'll pay you twice what you paid to get in. I am now a loud and proud panhead. Cowabunga!

churchboa
02-19-2005, 01:16 PM
Stridergorn,

When you are replying to a thread, just look towards the bottom, and you should see something titled "Additional Options." There is a heading called "Attach Files." Click on the button titled Manage Attachments, and a new window opens up where you can attach a picture. Hope this helps.

Stridergorn
02-19-2005, 01:20 PM
All right, I'll look for that. Thanks a lot.
But, here are the pictures. I'm the short girl with brown hair who stares strangely at the camera. Try to guess how old I am.

http://spaces.msn.com/members/stridergorn/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_photoalbum=showdefault&_c02_owner=1&_c=photoalbum

churchboa
02-19-2005, 01:58 PM
Stridergorn, you got some great shots! You must have been really close! What camera type were you using? I would guess that you are 19-20?

I have attached a couple of the pictures that I took. :)

Stridergorn
02-19-2005, 02:00 PM
Actually, my dad took them, and yes, we were close. My friend and I were the second row from the front on the right side of the stage. I'm not quite about the camera question. I'm afraid I don't know that much about it. Your pictures rock!

Red_gal
02-19-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah I wanted to go, but couln't. Just so much catching up to do. It sounds like a good show. I'll go eventually, and buy an album maybe. (They should sell some there).

terrasin
02-19-2005, 03:39 PM
http://spaces.msn.com/members/stridergorn/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c01_photoalbum=showdefault&_c02_owner=1&_c=photoalbum

ROTFL!!!
I love that pic with the confetti. John looks like he just won the boxing championship.

Edit:
2 things... CHAIRS?!
and FYI, I hate that confetti. :| THANKS PHIL! WHEREVER YOU ARE! Stupid all dmx button...

CJ

skilltroks
02-19-2005, 04:48 PM
I was wondering about that confetti and the chairs myself.

theelectric3
02-19-2005, 07:46 PM
All right, I'll look for that. Thanks a lot.
But, here are the pictures. I'm the short girl with brown hair who stares strangely at the camera. Try to guess how old I am.

cool pictures. :) those confetti ones are fun. heh.

churchboa
02-19-2005, 08:34 PM
For those who have seen Skillet before:

How did the Knoxville show compare to other Skillet shows?

Just wondering.... Thanks!

terrasin
02-19-2005, 08:52 PM
The confetti is part of the show. Cool edition as long as you know you're not the one who has to clean it.

The chairs... meh, some venues put them out. Usually cause they don't know what to expect or what the crowd expects. It's unusual, but it happens.

CJ

Stridergorn
02-20-2005, 04:51 AM

The confetti was actually pretty sweet when it went off. I have a piece of it. And the concert was in a big church audotorium, so there were chairs. And then there were chairs lined up a few feet from the stage to keep people from getting right at the stage. My friend and I got to keep moving further up, as we are short and people let us do that. So we were second row from the front. Being short has its advantages.

And, how this concert compared... I've been to two Skillet concerts before this. This was definitely the best of them all, despite the fact I was so crammed in between people I couldn't wave my arms without hitting someone, or jump without stepping on someone, or swing my head around without getting a concussion. I did them all anyway. And never have I seen a better guitar solo, and the drum solo that followed just blew me away. Lori rocks!

Gollum
02-20-2005, 06:16 AM
I'm in those pics w/ Stridergorn. I'm the equally short girl with braids. And I'm grinning maniacally in most of the pics. And I am about to laugh hysterically at the mention that Strider's 19-20. Try six years younger--at least.

Stridergorn
02-20-2005, 07:48 AM
19-20?? Man, I didn't see that. It's making me laugh really hard too. I thought I looked 12 in all the pictures. I'm 14, actually.

benkenobi
02-20-2005, 09:54 AM
Did anybody wind up with the setlist of Seventh Day Slumber from this concert?

Stridergorn
02-20-2005, 10:02 AM
No, I haven't.

unshakeable15
02-20-2005, 01:37 PM
so (according to this picture (http://storage.msn.com/x1pmAkndzHuOfexS06rRubksdYcsy0JjaFgSVBBI7HOJj2KbRO 1vPVUqgarmslUQN2B1wp_CIthq8W3Xfwhz5YT6dz0tDOH4YjC) ) they have an actual mannaquin now? cool. :)

cool pics by the way. :) a good assortment. your dad's a good photographer. :)

terrasin
02-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Yes, those things look [teen girl squad]soooooooooOOooOooooO good[/teen girl squad] when the show starts. I'm glad they went with those instead of the industrial fans.

CJ

Stridergorn
02-20-2005, 03:04 PM
Oh, I love Teen Girl Squad!
Yeah, they have a mannaquin. It was awesome when they lit it up,even though the wings look more like butterfly wings. Then they dropped down the banner it the middle of a song. It rocked.

churchboa
02-20-2005, 06:35 PM
wow, I had no clue I would be off on the age so much. I guess you look older for your age.

Two days after the concert, I am still basking in the awesomeness. It was a really great show. I cannot wait until I get to see them again.

Stridergorn
02-21-2005, 06:10 AM
Hmm, and I always thought I looked younger.

Man, so am I. Yesterday I must have looked through the pictures a million times over, and walked around in my Skillet shirt with a placid look on my face. Now I'm wearing my signed guitar pick around my neck, and I've been grinning at my poster all morning.

theelectric3
02-21-2005, 03:15 PM
lori and ben painted the boxes where the mannaquins were in. so i guess they are painters now too. ;)

unshakeable15
02-21-2005, 08:30 PM
good to know next time i redecorate my room. ;)

Unregistered
03-03-2005, 05:33 PM
Anyone get pix?

CJ

I did, i just dont know how 2 upload, they're pretty good