BrokenDreams
03-19-2005, 08:04 PM
Just wondering if any of you panheads are going to see Skillet at Ichthus Fest in Kentucky. The fest is from April 21 to the 24th. Seems like they have a great lineup this year. Check it out. (http://www.ichthus.org/festival)

korey_cooper_jr
03-24-2005, 05:05 AM
Our Youth Group os going to go to Ichthus. I talked them into going Friday b/c thought Skillet was going to be playing then, but we found out that it's on Thursday. So I dunno. But I want to so bad. I want my friends to get a little taste of some real concert praise action :D

I'd still like to go Friday though 'cause Relient K, Pillar, Kutless, Thousand Foot Krutch, and John Reuben. The problem is, if we go, we con only go one day :P

--------------------
Main Stage Schedule:
SCHEDULE SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Thursday, April 21
Sanctus Real
Worship: Mali
Keynote: Duffy Robbins
Skillet
Newsboys

Friday, April 22
Mat Kearney
Teaching Seminars
John Reuben
Lunch Break
Thousand Foot Krutch
Kutless
Teaching Seminars
Pillar
Dinner Break
Worship: Charlie Hall
Keynote: Mike Breaux
Relient K
tobyMac
Audio Adrenaline

Saturday, April 23
Scott Underwood
Teaching Seminars
Falling Up
Lunch Break
Tait
By the Tree
Teaching Seminars
Barlow Girl
Todd Agnew
Dinner Break
Worship: Selah
Keynote: Adrian Despres
Communion Service/Worship
Day of Fire
Michael W. Smith

BrokenDreams
03-24-2005, 05:51 PM
I'll be there for the duration of the entire Festival. :D

loner_33
03-24-2005, 06:47 PM
I seriously want to go, but getting out of school on a Thursday just to see some bands play isn't going to thrill my mom. Maybe I should mention the worship? ::]

BrokenDreams
03-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Im getting out of school. :P Heck, im from California.

BaCk_FliP
03-25-2005, 11:53 AM
ooh, ooh! I might be going. my step-dad said maybe.. *shrugs*

PsychoCanOpener
03-25-2005, 01:54 PM
you guys are so dang lucky!!

BrokenDreams
03-31-2005, 12:24 PM
Here's a list of all the bands that are going to play:

Michael W. Smith, Newsboys, Audio Adrenaline, Relient K, TobyMac, Day of Fire, Pillar, Skillet, Kutless, Barlow Girl, Thousand Foot Crutch, Tait, Todd Agnew, Sanctus Real, By the Tree, Charlie Hall, John Reuben, Falling Up, Selah, Scott Underwood, Mali, Mat Kearney, Anberlin, Extol, Further Seems Forever, Haste the Day, Still Remains, Anathallo, Mute Math, The Elms, Number One Gun, Hawk Nelson, Kids In the Way, Poor Man's Riches, Roper, Staple, Everyday Sunday, Insyderz, The Showdown!, The Dizmas, Chasing Victory, Forever Changed, Side Walk Slam, Yellow Second, Paramore, Slingshot57, The Myriad, Sides of the North, Falling into Place, The Roosevelts, Hello Kelly, Adelaide, Fabrik, 7 Method, Kennebec, Lester Finn, Benjamin del Shreve, Ezekiel's Eye, House of Heros, The Blood Violets, Tomorrow Today, Fireflight, Farewell to Fashion, Anah Aevia, Last Broadcast, The Apprentice, Foxhole, Neutral Agreement, Expedite, Last Tuesday, Play dough, Krystal Meyers, Adrea LaRoche, Gretchen, Scenic View, Red Umbrella, Overglow.

korey_cooper_jr
03-31-2005, 12:57 PM
BTW Garth, I noticed on the up-dated list you posted, there's some bands that aren't listed on the Ichthus site. Do you know what bands are playing on Thursday like around the time Skillet's gonna be playing? (like if there's gonna be any good bands like Staple, The Elms, Fabri, etc.)

BrokenDreams
03-31-2005, 01:22 PM
Those bands are on the site, just not under the schedule.

Unfortunately, I haven't been informed of the times or anything like that. I could definately find out when Fabrik, Gretchen, Pillar and Falling Up are playing but as for the other bands, I have no idea. I'll call around and see if anyone has a complete listing. :)

PsychoCanOpener
03-31-2005, 01:40 PM
i needa go to a festival one of these days.

skelfy
04-01-2005, 07:17 PM
tell me how Extol is, ok?

too bad I can't go.

BrokenDreams
04-02-2005, 03:46 PM
I hope to take a lot of mad pictures. :) And I'll tell ya how Extol is live. I suspect nothing less than amazing.

SkilletFan04
04-02-2005, 07:00 PM
lucky...it's too far away for me to go. X-P

korey_cooper_jr
04-03-2005, 03:54 AM
Hm, okay, I checked out the ticket prices and for Thursday only, it's $29 is you pre-order them, and $30 at the gate. Only 1 dollar difference. Should I pre-order the tickets to make sure we don't go all the way down there and find that's already sold out, or take the chance and save myself the trouble of pre-ordering them?

aliengurl7
04-03-2005, 08:05 AM
pre-order definetly is the best bet! Especially with a well known band such as Skillet where everyone is probably buying their tickets right now and its just better too so you don't have to worry about the tickets being sold out or not since you'll have them with you or wait i think they ticket master mails the tickets a week before and then you'll have it with you but still atleast you know your going to the show for sure.

BrokenDreams
04-04-2005, 04:40 PM
However one must take into consideration the fee that Ticketmaster charges as well. :P Peh. Stupid ticketmaster. Is the $29 with fees included?

I just bought my ticket for a Rob Thomas show through ticketmaster. The listed price was $30. I ended paying $35.

I dont know, you guys live in Kentucky, I don't. Is this a huge thing that doesn't happen any other time of year?

sonicspike
04-04-2005, 11:07 PM
Did anyone else find this weird:
(from the Icthus website)
"The land occupies approximately 110 acres and contains both a permanent stage and two 22 head showerhouses"

Either showers are not that common in Kentucky and they feel the need to advertise this as a selling point, or they do some...uhh...errr... very "dirty" activities during the rest of the year.
:P

Did anyone else notice this? ;D

theelectric3
04-05-2005, 01:52 PM
hah! that's great. :P

korey_cooper_jr
04-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Either showers are not that common in Kentucky and they feel the need to advertise this as a selling point, or they do some....

HEY!!!!!!!!!

guitargrrl4ben
04-05-2005, 03:10 PM
you guys are so dang lucky!!
Yes, they are, I LIVE in Kentucky and I'll never get to go!!!
*thinks very hard*
*sigh*
I want to move back to London, England...
That's a fair question, Does Skillet ever come to England?!
::]

korey_cooper_jr
04-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Man, the concert RAWKED MY FACE OFF!!! I love it when John swings the bass around his body. lol. Totally awesome! And the confetti and fog was totally awesome, too. :D I took some pics, but they're not the best. But, just something fun. Hopefully, Garth, you took some great ones.

Btw, I took a skillet and had 'em sign it. It was cool :D I can't believe it didn't rain!! I'm so glad it didn't, too!! I was surprised though (in a disappointed way) because like no one jumped and stuff when Skillet was playing. BUT, I didn't let that stop me from jumping, screaming, and holding my skillet up the whole time :D

Pics I took of Skillet (http://spaces.msn.com/members/ameliaconway/PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWlj cm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdW xsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!1pBYeUwAidQph73thw bKwI9Q!165&_c=PhotoAlbum&_c02_owner=1)

BrokenDreams
04-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Ha.

It did rain, on Friday. There was a tornado, and everyone ran away screaming. Tents were flying through the air. :-* We got to clean up the water damage. :azn: Still, the fest rocked.

korey_cooper_jr
04-24-2005, 04:59 PM
Really? wow :(

Man, I can't believe I missed you. I even stopped by the Fabrik merch table, but I didn't see you. I just saw 2 guys and the lead singer there.

Did you take any pics of Skillet?

BrokenDreams
04-26-2005, 07:47 PM
Yes! I took a few pics.

That's funny. I was at the merch table most of the time, unless talking about management with another band or seeing a show. That's absolutely hilarious! I had a great time at the fest. Skillet's sound was pretty bad though. The sound guy had problems.

korey_cooper_jr
04-27-2005, 02:47 AM
Yes! I took a few pics.

That's funny. I was at the merch table most of the time, unless talking about management with another band or seeing a show. That's absolutely hilarious! I had a great time at the fest. Skillet's sound was pretty bad though. The sound guy had problems.

Wait a second, I take that back. I saw a girl sitting behind the merch table a little ways but she had shoulder length black hair. I really didn't think it was you. Actually, I'm positive it wasn't you...she looked even alot younger than me. So I dunno who she was. But I came by the table around....6:00-6:30. Around there. I remember watching Sanctus Real and then me and my friend went to the merch tent and stocked up on Skillet stuff :D Then I saw Fabrik.

Awww, Skillet's sound was bad? THAT WAS BAD!? HAHA! I totally think not. I think they sounded great. lol, of course, I don't care what they sound like. :D

BrokenDreams
04-30-2005, 07:29 PM
Yes! That was bad sound!!!! Skillet did an amazing show, of course. Without a doubt. Their stage presence was astounding. However, the bass was simply overpowering.

The girl in the booth who you saw was my sister. :) I have short hair, and kind of....eh....stand out. I'll get the pictures up for anyone who is interested.

korey_cooper_jr
04-30-2005, 07:47 PM
I am totally interested in the pics!!! :D

Unregistered
09-10-2005, 12:35 AM
anyone check out that Scenic View band on the third stage Saturday Morning?
THEY WERE AMAZING!