terrasin
03-23-2005, 01:43 AM
To prevent further questions on why Skillet doesn't play in certain cities, please read the following.

Skillet does not book their own shows. They do not decide the places where they play. They go to venues who have booked them through their booking agency be it a church, arena, festival, theater... there was a promoter who put a lot of time, effort, and money into bringing them to the venue.

How can I get Skillet in my area?
The first thing you need to do is find a promoter to sponsor the event. Bringing a band in is not a cheap thing to do as there are a lot of expences that need paid for (Stage, Lighting, Security, Travel Expences, Hotel Rooms, Venue Costs (electricity, etc), Band Fees...) so sometimes getting multiple sponsors involved is the way to go.

Once you figure out expences and location, the promoter calls the booking agency and sets a date and time and go over the details. Once everything is finalized, you can start promoting the show in your area.

This is a very basic, undetailed way this is done. Putting a show together is a lot of work and there is much much more to it, but it gives you a little insight on what needs to be done to get a show in your area.

CJ

skilletosis
03-30-2005, 08:14 AM
thankyou CJ personaly I was getting a bit tired of the "Why doesn't Skillet come to..." threads... ;) ;)

tbr281
03-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Hey at first i used it for that but after the new year i noticed that they were coming to Cali even more so i kinda droped the subject, now i use it to talk about the Cali shows or upcoming ones

BrokenDreams
04-04-2005, 09:01 PM
;D CJ rocks ;D

crazy_punk
04-11-2005, 06:05 PM
Skillet needs to come to Canada eh?
lol...seriously though, I really want to see them live!!

terrasin
04-12-2005, 01:28 AM
Well get with a few churches, get with a promoter, raise the money, and get em there. :)

The reason they don't go there often is cause people aren't vocal enough about it.

CJ

skilletfreak101
04-14-2005, 11:44 AM
how do you make a sticky thread?

theelectric3
04-14-2005, 02:36 PM
(moderators have the ability to make a thread sticky.)

Red_gal
04-20-2005, 08:02 PM
agreed. Not posting the town just makes it hard to interpret.

skilletosis
04-21-2005, 09:16 AM
if you read the first post you'll undertstand that it isn't about any certain city. It's about how to get Skillet to come to your city..

Unregistered
04-26-2005, 07:24 AM
aWeSoMe question...Why doesn't Skillet come to Battle Creek, Michigan at the Kellogg Arena, there are hardly any bands coming there and it would ROCK to have Skillet there...Also I think Skillet should tour with Day of Fire and Kutless, that would be da bomb...#1PANHEAD

terrasin
04-28-2005, 09:54 AM
.............No Comment.

CJ

etribe
06-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Why doesn't Skillet ever come to my house?...just kidding... ;D :P :evil:

zeroneff
07-18-2005, 02:54 PM
how do you get sponsors for this stuff!!! do you think K LOVE would help?????????? :afro: :) ;) ;D :o

terrasin
07-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Usually churches and public groups pay for the event. Talk to your church about having them host a show. It's not cheap but well worth it.

CJ

zeroneff
07-22-2005, 04:20 PM
Thank you CJ

Mr. Xcitement
09-17-2005, 05:11 PM
I never knew you needed sponsers, I've been waiting for Skillet to come to MA, but unfortunately I don't know anyone who does sponsering like that, is there any way for me to find a group of people who are trying to get them here? so maybe I could help in a way?

unshakeable15
09-17-2005, 05:13 PM
keep your ear to the ground for other Christian concerts or concerts with bands similar in style to Skillet. then, check to see who the promotors for those concerts on. finally, get together a huge gaggle of friends who love Skillet and have all of them (yourself included) "urge" them to bring Skillet to your area. :)

Mr. Xcitement
09-17-2005, 06:15 PM
Only a few problems with that, I don't really have too many friends, and the ones I do, I haven't had the chance to introduce them to Skillet yet.

fromano
09-17-2005, 07:25 PM
see, yeah, i DO know a promoter: ROOTER!!!! (ask the band members if they know him: cuz he knows a whole lot of people/bands) but how much does it cost to pull them down for an event??

terrasin
09-18-2005, 07:24 AM
It costs a lot... We're talking 10's of thousands to bring in a band. Keep in mind there are many other expenses besides the band fees as well as stated. Security, staging, lighting, sound, promotions, etc. They all add up.

As for the Mass thing, I was greatly disappointed as well to see Skillet doesn't go to New England much while I was up there. The best thing to do would be to get people at your church and school introduced to the cds so they can see how much it rocks their faces off so there would be a bigger demand for Skillet to do shows there.

CJ

Mr. Xcitement
09-18-2005, 11:06 AM
Does Skillet go to any of the Inside Out Soul Festival? I think I could try and introduce the few people I know to skillet so possibely start something...unfortunately right now I don't have a church, and I don't go to school, so those 2 are out of question.

unshakeable15
09-18-2005, 01:42 PM
then it looks like you have a lot of work in front of you my friend. :)

Cornflake
10-06-2005, 12:34 PM
If Im not mistaken, isn't the concert alot cheaper to get if Skillet is already in that state? Like, if they had a date on 10/5 at Birmingham Alabama, wouldn't it cost less for you if you could get them to play in Montgomery Al, on 10/6, rather than if like 10/5 they were playing in VA then AL on 10/6?

unshakeable15
10-06-2005, 01:33 PM
yeah, 'cause you don't have to pay for them to drive to the venue through a few states. plus, it's nice for the band, so they don't have to travel quite as much. :)

fromano
11-10-2005, 12:33 PM
It costs a lot... We're talking 10's of thousands to bring in a band. Keep in mind there are many other expenses besides the band fees as well as stated. Security, staging, lighting, sound, promotions, etc. They all add up.

not necessarily. yes, to pull down third day takes 40k, but ive seen just as good for a lot less.

that guy, rooter, pulled down staple, last tuesday, spoken and someone else for a grand total of $500. so 10s of ks isnt always true. so...how much do they in particular cost.
ps: hes also brought bands like TFK to town...tickets for $8 at the door. he rocks.

oneway
12-08-2005, 11:45 AM
how come they dont come to az? ugh, i almost thought they were coming to peoria az, but it turned out they were going to peoria IL! it sucks!

unshakeable15
12-08-2005, 12:29 PM
in answer to your question, read the first post of this thread. :) thank you. have a nice day.

cinnamonxspider
12-08-2005, 03:59 PM
smart thread. i like it. nice work CJ...but i still don't really like you all that much.

Pretendeavor
12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
smart thread. i like it. nice work CJ...but i still don't really like you all that much.
i 2nd that but we are all arent gonna love or agree with each other

terrasin
12-08-2005, 06:40 PM
That was a little uncalled for.

CJ

Pretendeavor
12-08-2005, 06:41 PM
That was a little uncalled for.

CJ
dont fell bad Jesus Loves You

zjf
12-08-2005, 07:05 PM
He's not the one who just decided to make a rude comment about not liking you. It was a tad out of line, and honestly, that's not how you get anywhere in life. You don't badmouth your boss because he made a poor decision (in your opinion). I worked for a guy I couldn't stand for a year, taking his constant abuse, and shrugging it off. Why? Because I had nowhere else to go and if I quit without gettting approval from my work program teacher, I'd fail the class. Noone else would hire a 16 year old high school student who's working through the work program his school offered.

As an example, I was fired from that job after my car battery died and I had noone to take me into work. I had worked there for over a year in a restaurant that had a 400% turnover. I was top table busser after 4 months. I picked up every shift I could, and always did a good job, including finishing what the busser who worked the previous shift *AND* the wait staff who almost always left their job for me to finish. If you want something in life, you sometimes have to deal with people you may not like, however, that's no reason to badmouth them publicly.

Pretendeavor
12-09-2005, 08:02 AM
He's not the one who just decided to make a rude comment about not liking you. It was a tad out of line, and honestly, that's not how you get anywhere in life. You don't badmouth your boss because he made a poor decision (in your opinion). I worked for a guy I couldn't stand for a year, taking his constant abuse, and shrugging it off. Why? Because I had nowhere else to go and if I quit without gettting approval from my work program teacher, I'd fail the class. Noone else would hire a 16 year old high school student who's working through the work program his school offered.

As an example, I was fired from that job after my car battery died and I had noone to take me into work. I had worked there for over a year in a restaurant that had a 400% turnover. I was top table busser after 4 months. I picked up every shift I could, and always did a good job, including finishing what the busser who worked the previous shift *AND* the wait staff who almost always left their job for me to finish. If you want something in life, you sometimes have to deal with people you may not like, however, that's no reason to badmouth them publicly.
dude shut up i wasnt even mad at him for saying "that was uncalled for" I was just showing him that even if no one loves him Jesus loves him.

terrasin
12-09-2005, 10:33 AM
That will be enough, Brandon. You're pushing a very thin line. If you have a problem with me, then you be a man and deal with it. Keep it off the boards.

CJ

Pretendeavor
12-09-2005, 10:41 AM
That will be enough, Brandon. You're pushing a very thin line. If you have a problem with me, then you be a man and deal with it. Keep it off the boards.

CJ
dude id ont have problem with ytou itsa just i dont like you nor do i get allong with u

will
12-09-2005, 10:51 AM
dude id ont have problem with ytou itsa just i dont like you nor do i get allong with uwhile I certainly can't force you to like every board member, I can ask that you respect them. Keep any further comments like this to yourself.

Isildur9473
12-12-2005, 08:42 AM
No! Skillet won't play in Idaho Falls! Why not? Nooooooooooooooooo

terrasin
12-12-2005, 08:55 AM
*slaps Isildur around a bit with a large trout* :P

CJ

Isildur9473
12-12-2005, 03:14 PM
*slaps Isildur around a bit with a large trout* :P

CJ

I just got pwn3d. :\

In other news, is Skillet worth seeing live? If so, what's the max you'd pay? (I might be able to see em live next Summer)

skelfy
12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Of course Skillet is worth seeing live, 1) assuming you at least like some of their music, 2) if you like to move around a bit and sing and worship 3) if you don't mind getting sweaty and 4) if you aren't a loser.

I've paid anywhere from $6 to $25 for tickets...even higher but that's cause we were traveling pretty far.

theelectric3
12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
they are worth seeing for sure. especially now. i've seen them improve so much over the years. they've gotten tighter as a band.

the most i'd be willing to pay to see them? well... i've gone to festivals just to see them. so whatever price that is. and i'm going to see them on new year's eve at knott's berry farm and the tickets were $36. we got 5 tickets for that night. my family and i have driven to AZ to see them, flown to AZ and WA to see them, and driven around california to see them.

so i guess you can say my family and i are willing to spend a lot. :] time and money.

shorty
12-13-2005, 12:12 PM
I just got pwn3d. :\

In other news, is Skillet worth seeing live? If so, what's the max you'd pay? (I might be able to see em live next Summer)

yes skillet is worth seeing live. i have seen them 2 times...i wish it was more... they are awesome in concert. the first time that i seen them in concert they actually came to my church and i got to have dinner with them it was sooo awesome! when they come to ny next time im gonna bring my almost 2 y/o daughter to their concert. she is already a panhead in training

Skillet fan
01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
Have they ever been to Indiana?

Skillet fan
01-16-2006, 02:51 PM
I would love to see them live.

terrasin
01-16-2006, 06:01 PM
They are in Indiana a few times a year.

CJ

Skillet fan
01-18-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm gonna find out when's the next time they are gonna be here so I can see them live.

ChildOfChrist
01-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Do they come to Canada that often? I've only heard of them coming to my area once, but that was before I even liked Christian rock.

terrasin
01-31-2006, 02:38 PM
They come there a couple times a year. They need some more shows there, that's for sure.

CJ

lamb_servant72
03-11-2006, 05:07 AM
I'm only posting this here because it's a sticky. Can we get a tour schedule sticky up, links to ticket sites, etc? I know CJ has posted them before, but I'd like to see a sticky so everyone would know Skillet's tour schedule.

terrasin
03-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Yah, I was thinking about that this week. I'll do my best to keep it up to date as well.

CJ

lamb_servant72
03-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Thanks, that would be great!

saulg
04-15-2006, 10:48 AM
Why does Skillet not come to Guatemala... ok...Central America... DANG!! ARE THEY EVER COMMING TO LATIN AMERICA??? COME ON!!! hehehe:afro:

Isildur9473
04-15-2006, 12:31 PM
They seem to completely neglect Idaho...

zeroneff
04-21-2006, 07:28 PM
Do yall sometime miss a concert

planet_kosmos
04-21-2006, 10:32 PM
Please Come To Australia, We Like Skillet Too!!!!

unshakeable15
04-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Then, please, follow the steps outlined in the first post of this thread and get them to come. They do not dictate where they go. They are like puppets that way.

zeroneff
05-27-2006, 01:26 PM
Please Come To Australia, We Like Skillet Too!!!!
email the record company

terrasin
05-27-2006, 06:21 PM
The record company has nothing to do with the tour. As I've explained before, the reason Skillet doesn't go international often is because they make no money from shows because of the costs involved with going international. They would need major ticket sales to make it worth while.

CJ

unshakeable15
05-29-2006, 08:05 PM
When U2 (one of the world's biggest bands) went on their Zooropa tour in the early 90s, they finished it off with shows in Australia, New Zealand and Japan. The only reason they didn't go bankrupt because of these shows was merchandise sales (and that's even after a ticket cost increase from the US and European legs of the tour). If Skillet ever did go to Aussyland, i would imagine their ticket prices would be a lot higher than they are in the States.

terrasin
05-29-2006, 08:23 PM
That and they would need to sell a LOT of tickets to cover the cost.

CJ

unshakeable15
05-29-2006, 09:49 PM
*nods head in agreement*

JohnnyRocker
06-01-2006, 07:01 AM
I've heard Ben say stuff lately about wanting to go back to Australia but I don't know if there's actually anything in the works.

etic
06-24-2006, 09:28 AM
I hope someday they will come to Russia!!

Mikhail
06-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I hope someday they will come to Russia!!
I hope too;D

theelectric3
06-25-2006, 05:59 PM
dude, if skillet goes to russia that'd be awesome... though i'd be a bit jealous. heh. i really want to go to russia.

but moving right along...

etic
06-25-2006, 11:12 PM
I hope too;D
Are you understand me?;D

Yes, i did;D

dude, if skillet goes to russia that'd be awesome... though i'd be a bit jealous. heh. i really want to go to russia.

Of course it will be awesome!!I've seen their lives and you know if they come to Russia they will burn it;D Russian fans want to rock with Skillet!!!:afro: :evil: ;D

Mikhail
06-26-2006, 01:47 AM
Of course it will be awesome!!I've seen their lives and you know if they come to Russia they will burn it;D Russian fans want to rock with Skillet!!!:afro: :evil:
Yeahhhh

What you got
What you want
What you need
Gonna be your savior

;D:afro::evil::evil::evil::afro:;D
ps etic ты видишь русские буквы?))

theelectric3
06-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Of course it will be awesome!!I've seen their lives and you know if they come to Russia they will burn it;D Russian fans want to rock with Skillet!!!:afro: :evil: ;D

hehe. :)

nice to see Russian fans.

Mikhail
06-26-2006, 12:24 PM
If Skillet goes to Russia, I and etic will be waiting you in Moscow;)::];D

insane
06-26-2006, 01:54 PM
I hope too;D
haha yeah, ur not the only one ^^

etic
07-02-2006, 05:02 AM
ps etic ты видишь русские буквы?))

да, вижу))интересно, у остальных русские буквы отражаются, или они видят непонятные закорючки?)))

If Skillet goes to Russia, I and etic will be waiting you in Moscow

Yeah, i'll be waiting for you (and not only for you) 100000%)))

Skillet created one great thing - they could connect a lot of fans from different countries!!And that's cool;D I really love them!!

theelectric3
07-03-2006, 10:45 PM
If Skillet goes to Russia, I and etic will be waiting you in Moscow;)::];D

you have no idea how much i would seriously take you up on that offer. ;D

skilletosis
07-06-2006, 01:34 PM
Wow welcome to the boards our new Russian friends. This I must say is really cool.

Mikhail
07-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Wow welcome to the boards our new Russian friends. This I must say is really cool.
Thank you from all russian Skillet Fans http://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/smile.gifhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/smile3.gif
you have no idea how much i would seriously take you up on that offer. ;D
I'm serious toohttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/wink.gifhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/rolleyes.gifhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/yes.gifhttp://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/grin.gif

made
07-06-2006, 02:49 PM
yahhooo!!http://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/yahoo.gif
SkilletFans worldwide! yeaahh=) it's me http://www.liveinternet.ru/images/brandnewsmilies/snoozer_05.gifi'm from Russia too=)
but there, in our big country, so little skilletfans=(( Y*Oc!=) I think, it's very pity, because this band is great! skillet songs are buatiful and sensible. sometimes they make me cry...=)
we'll waiting skillet in Moscow....i want to visit your concert...come to Russia!=))) just a dreams...yeah, it's impossible..but..who knows? all can be(ohh, my english!! it's so bad...sorry=) ok?) I just want you to know that even in Russia yuo have fans=)) and we'll be happy to meet you here. WELCOME!http://www.liveinternet.ru/images/brandnewsmilies/pooh_door.gif
with great love to skillet and to all their fans from all of us(bl).
forever yours...Mikhail, etic, made.
ps. radio ultra the best russian radiostation! on this station, in the 2003th i first heard skillet..it was Savior-song...great song! if you want, i can send the link on ultra online-broadcasting=)http://www.liveinternet.ru/images/brandnewsmilies/dance3.gif
and now...i'll go to sleep=) goodnight)http://www.radioultra.ru/forum/images/smilies/new/kiss.gif

theelectric3
07-06-2006, 04:27 PM
so nice to see more international fans posting on here. :) perhaps one day Skillet will play in Russia. (that would be cool.)

dawn of light
07-31-2006, 07:15 AM
*sigh*

When is Skillet gonna come back to Canada? Winnipeg hopefully, but I'd travel to see them.

terrasin
07-31-2006, 08:25 AM
See the first post in this thread. :P

CJ

dawn of light
07-31-2006, 09:39 AM
Oh I know, thanks, CJ. It was kind of a rhetorical question because I didn't actually expect anyone to know the answer. They've been to Winnipeg before, I'm just hoping they'll come back! :)

saulg
08-23-2006, 07:36 PM
A few days i go i was the panhead living in the weirdest country... now there is a russian guy...*sad* NOT FAIR!!!

terrasin
08-23-2006, 10:53 PM
LOL!!! There are some in Africa too. :)

CJ

skynes
08-24-2006, 05:03 AM
We all know Ireland is the true weirdest place... after all where else in the world can you find 2 foot tall green man that hide pots of gold at the end of rainbows!

dawn of light
08-25-2006, 10:57 AM
I'd say Canada has the weirdest climate! Where else does is get up to 40 C (104 F) in the summer and -40 C (-40 F also) in the winter! Sometimes even -50 C (-58 F) in the winter if you include windchill.

Mikhail
08-25-2006, 03:27 PM
Do you know anything about Russia?:) :) :) ;D ;D ;D

dawn of light
08-29-2006, 06:21 AM
Do you know anything about Russia?:) :) :) ;D ;D ;D

Nope. I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Russia!

Gabo
09-02-2006, 03:16 PM
In Caracas is good choices!!!!!

Mikhail
09-02-2006, 03:37 PM
In Caracas is good choices!!!!!
Why not in Moscow?::]::] ;D 8)

Gabo
09-05-2006, 01:51 PM
Moscow and Caracas!!!

No better is a tour in Russia and Venezuela... hahaha

Moscow, St. Petesburg, Caracas, Maracaibo , etc.

Mikhail
09-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Yes, it would be awesome! But in the near future it to not happen.............:-\

Tanel
09-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Why doesn't Skillet come to Estonia? Yeah, Haapsalu would be the best place, but Tallinn is awesome too.

Gabo
09-13-2006, 12:41 PM
Yes, it would be awesome! But in the near future it to not happen.............:-\
In the year 3000 .... xD

ChildOfChrist
09-22-2006, 07:07 AM
ooh, yes. Winnpeg would be perfect! Steinbach would be even better....lol, all jokes. Winnipeg would rock!

dawn of light
09-22-2006, 07:20 AM
ooh, yes. Winnpeg would be perfect! Steinbach would be even better....lol, all jokes. Winnipeg would rock!

You're from Winnipeg?? I'm from Winnipeg! Wait, Steinbach?? Weird, I grew up in Grunthal just a mere 15 minute drive from Steinbach.

ChildOfChrist
09-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Whoa, no way! That's pretty cool. Grunthal's a nice town. I've been a Steinbach boy my whole life. But I refuse to be Menno!

dawn of light
09-27-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm not menno surprising enough! We moved there when I was four. I was born in Wpg.

Donovan_Arya
09-27-2006, 08:08 AM
Come to Omaha, anytime whould be nice, hope you guys come, you better come

terrasin
09-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Come to Omaha, anytime whould be nice, hope you guys come, you better come
It might help if you read the first post in this thread. ;)

CJ

planet_kosmos
10-08-2006, 11:11 PM
CJ,do you know how much it would cost for Skillet to come to Sydney?

terrasin
10-09-2006, 03:46 AM
Over all cost for the promoter? Depends on a lot of things.

Plane tickets to AU constantly change depending on time of year. If they did a summer show, the ticket price is quite a bit higher than if they did a winter show. Winter tickets run anywhere from $2000 - $3500 a person usually. Summer can be from $2500 - $4000. So from there, you figure they are going to need about 8 tickets. In travel cost alone, it will run $16,000 - $32,000 USD. This is one of the major reasons that if they come to Australia, they will need to do multiple shows rather than just one city. It will cut the promoters cost down significantly. This isn't also adding the cost of their equipment which weighs quite a bit.

Then you have other costs. The price for booking the band, hotels, internal flights, sound, lighting, staging, catering, security, a venue, advertising, etc.

When it's all added up, to have them come to Australia would add up to approx $100,000USD. That's a guesstimate based on that they would need to sell at least 8,000 - 10,000 tickets per show to really make it worth the cost. I highly doubt the promoter would make any money off the show and would in fact, probably would take a loss.

CJ

Spiffles
10-09-2006, 01:09 PM
A sold out MCG show would cover the 10,000 tickets (and the tohewr 90,000 would be a bonus) :D

On a serious note.. I think the only way they could get to Australia is if their new album went really good in the secular market. The christian amrket here isnt really big enough to support most bands.
DC Talk (during free at last tour) lost money when they came out and Skillet isnt even that big here. (as far as fan numbers etc..)
And since sonfest fell in a big sloppy... heap, that stoped a lot of bands coming out,

but ya never know. All the peoples of Australia may love Skillets new stuff in the secular market.

Either that, or win the lotto. Then we can just pay all the costs.. that would work too :D

fang
10-27-2006, 02:44 PM
ARRRRGGG!!! There have been 3 shows in the last year that I was going to and all of them were cancelled :( They went to extreme camps in Texas this summer too but they went to the second camp and I went to the first camp :( What are the chances that I would have the chance to see 4 shows and all of them got cancelled in under a year? :(

breakthesilence
11-01-2006, 09:45 AM
they should come to kenosha! er, um...
i really want to go to a skillet show... there is one nearby in a few days but i'm gonna be gone :(

Crusader
11-04-2006, 11:34 AM
I want them to come to kelowna Canada sometime. Or anywhere else that's close to B.C.

terrasin
11-04-2006, 11:39 AM
So get the churches up there to hire them.

CJ

insane
12-13-2006, 09:10 AM
it's so unfair, Im not the only one from estonia lol. Yeah, why not come to Tallinn? ^^

SKGirl13
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
Hmm. I should try to get Saginaw, MI's Dow Event Center to do a show...

terrasin
02-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Hmm. I should try to get Saginaw, MI's Dow Event Center to do a show...
That would be k-rad. I could drive up to Bay City then and see some of my old friends. I miss that place. It's actually the city I really started to get into Skillet in. :)

CJ

Haloer2006
02-06-2007, 04:49 PM
they can stay in my basement? or they can have my room.. and they get free food.. ^_^ jk..

But i want to see if i can get my church to have them come to my area.. we have a perty big place where they could play..

Marion, MASS is the place.. 60 miles south o Boston..

timmyrotter
02-11-2007, 08:28 PM
okay so, Skillet always brags about "over 200 tour dates a year." breaking it down, that is enough for about 4 dates per state, including hawaii, alaska, and all those states that have a very small population. yet they some how miss Oregon and Washington... so there is another 8 concert dates a year to give to wisconson, and cali... thats fair...

terrasin
02-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Depends on the promoters, venues, etc.

A lot of states such as Wisconsin, Ohio, Texas, and Virginia bring Skillet in some 6-8 times a year. Sometimes they play particular venues more than once per year. Just depends on a lot of factors... mainly demand and sales.

The point is exactly the one I made in the first post, if you want them in your area, you need to do your part to help get them there. That consists of fund raising to pay for the costs and so fourth. At least, that is the easiest way to do it without going through a promoter. It's a lot of money, but if your organization wants them there bad enough, you can make it happen.

CJ

dawn of light
02-12-2007, 12:33 PM
okay so, Skillet always brags about "over 200 tour dates a year." breaking it down, that is enough for about 4 dates per state, including hawaii, alaska, and all those states that have a very small population. yet they some how miss Oregon and Washington... so there is another 8 concert dates a year to give to wisconson, and cali... thats fair...

What about Canada?? *shakes head at timmy*

The only time Skillet ever comes to Winnipeg is when they play at YC Fusion (a youth conference). But they haven't been back for the past two years, I don't know if it's because they haven't been asked to come back or if they said no...

timmyrotter
02-13-2007, 08:29 AM
What about Canada?? *shakes head at timmy*

The only time Skillet ever comes to Winnipeg is when they play at YC Fusion (a youth conference). But they haven't been back for the past two years, I don't know if it's because they haven't been asked to come back or if they said no...

Skillet doesnt like Canada, they told me :P
but really Canada isnt as populated, plus its a pain to come accross boarder. not only that but canadian radio doesnt play Skillet. at least the mainstream stations dont

terrasin
02-13-2007, 10:03 AM
They did quite a few shows in Canada this year. I think it was 4 total, which seems low, but is actually quite good for them. Means they are getting more exposure up there and are being booked for more events.

But yes, crossing the border can be a pain. Especially when the border patrol wants to check every box on the bus, including the trailer. Takes hours. :\

CJ

waynehavens
02-13-2007, 11:05 AM

Well, its like Terrasin said, Skillet goes were someone is willing to book them.
One of the considerations that a promoter takes into consideration is can the band sell enough tickets to cover all the expenses and make a profit? In other words, is there a big enough fan base in Oregon and Washington? Are they getting airplay in those markets?
Take me, for instance. I just got into Skillet in the last 5 or 6 months. I really wanted to see them live. I looked on the list and the only time they were coming near me was at an Aquire The Fire event. I did not wish to pay $50 when I only wanted to see Skillet.
In october last year, when my church moved into a new building my pastor said that he would love to have Skillet come and play! So, I made the phone calls to JRA ,after some negotiating , some emails, and a few more phone calls Skillet is coming on June 4th.
Now it isn't cheap and I will probably barely break even, but the process has been fun.
So anyone in the Houston area on June 4th. Skillet will be playing at the Faith Center International. Tickets will go onsale soon.

forceflow17
02-16-2007, 04:49 PM
They should come to bentonville or fayetville Arkansas. We've had some pretty decent bands come through, but not skillet.

elzzie
02-18-2007, 02:19 AM
Hi i'm new here :p, I just discovered skillet two days ago. But I was wondering if there is/ or will come an European tour? I really want to see them here in Holland :).

terrasin
02-18-2007, 08:24 AM
Hi i'm new here :p, I just discovered skillet two days ago. But I was wondering if there is/ or will come an European tour? I really want to see them here in Holland :).
There is no international touring at this moment. :(

CJ

elzzie
02-18-2007, 12:59 PM
hmm then I have to wait again... All bands I want to see aren't touring in europe at the moment :(. It's really frustrating :p...

bob
03-05-2007, 06:39 PM
hmm then I have to wait again... All bands I want to see aren't touring in europe at the moment :(. It's really frustrating :p...

I'll bet its frustrating. But all you can really do is just promote them and hope that they're popularity grows and they'll get some international tour dates. Skillet has toured Europe before, so its not an impossible thing to hope for.

fluffycornsnake
03-20-2007, 10:37 AM
When was the last time they toured Europe? Skillet basically don't exist as far as Britain is concerned... which is a massive shame :( as far as I can see, they can't really come over here cos nobody's heard of them, but nobody will hear about them unless they come over here...

terrasin
03-20-2007, 12:34 PM
They will hear about Skillet if they are marketed correctly and start getting major hype here state side. Most bands don't go international before they are hyped up, and when they finally do go, they have sell out shows.

But for now, it's a scheduling and a money thing that prevents them from going across ponds.

CJ

Unlinked
05-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Is there even one concert in Canada? After I read a few posts, I was thinking I should go ask my church, then I remembered, Only about 30 people go to it, and we are not going to be able to afford that :-\.

Should beg my mom to pay for gas to go to the Ashby concert.. Winnipeg concert would of been nice...

Unregistered
06-03-2007, 01:37 PM
I remember asking myself that a few months ago,and then I heard that they were coming to Y.C.,in edmonton AB. canada! Unfortunatly I didn't get to see them, but at least I now know that they come down here once in a while. And thats GREAT!!!!!!!!

saved226
06-09-2007, 10:44 AM
hey you may think they never come to your area... I thought they would never make it to around where I live and I have recently seen them play 3 times in the past school year. so it does happen.

DarkestRose
06-09-2007, 11:08 PM
I think it depends on where they get booked. Skillet just came to Oregon for the first time in years. Definitely not often enough to see them three times in a school year.

Geneva
06-10-2007, 12:54 PM
I've been lucky to have 3 concerts scheduled near me.

But after the festival concert in a week or so, they aren't comming back for a long time...

bob
06-10-2007, 12:56 PM
You just have to take what you can get. :)

Geneva
06-10-2007, 12:58 PM
Pretty much.

Mmom is working on getting my church to book them sometime because she doesn't want to have to wait a really long time to see them again.

:P

saved226
06-11-2007, 09:05 AM
I think it depends on where they get booked. Skillet just came to Oregon for the first time in years. Definitely not often enough to see them three times in a school year.

I just got very lucky with that. the 3rd one I went to I almost didn't go cuz it was in another state, on a school night with calculus bright and early the next day. but out of being spontanious I went.

I'll_Be_Ok
07-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Skillet never comes to Edmonton or anywhere in Alberta really! I saw them once, but that wuz @ YC, on mainstage! It wuz too full for me 2 get in 2 the one on sidestage! :'(

I'll_Be_Ok
07-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Skillet doesnt like Canada, they told me
but really Canada isnt as populated, plus its a pain to come accross boarder. not only that but canadian radio doesnt play Skillet. at least the mainstream stations dont

Canadian radio does acctually play some Skillet. In fact I heard their song "The Older I Get" on the radio the other day. And when I saw Skillet @ YC Alberta, they said that they had their best crowd all year (or month, I dont' exactly remember, lol) @ YC AB. :)

timmyrotter
07-09-2007, 04:53 PM
Canadian radio does acctually play some Skillet. In fact I heard their song "The Older I Get" on the radio the other day. And when I saw Skillet @ YC Alberta, they said that they had their best crowd all year (or month, I dont' exactly remember, lol) @ YC AB. :)

what format was it? ie: rock, alternative, Top 40 etc.

Joelle
07-10-2007, 05:00 PM
ya right..like they told you they dont like canada. they do. and they come to aquire the first in hamilton, ontario each year...