Combat Chuck
04-21-2005, 02:15 PM
This is a report of the skillet concert 3 weeks ago in portland, oregon.

Well, I really hated ATF. But I won't get into that.

But skillet rocked.

I was sitting on the side of the colliseum, and not down below on the floor, so I couldn't get down to the front. The stupid lame idiot crowd control freak guy in the red shirt wouldn't let me go to the front to rock out with skillet >:( (Apparently because if there is a fire or something, it would be too hard to evacuate the building when the entire everyone is crowding in the front.) So I had to stand at my seat, and watch skillet from afar.

Anyways, I'm sure everyone else around me thought I was crazy. Because I was rocking out jumping up and down/headbanging, with my bud seth. We had a mini mosh pit of 2 people. While the other people around me were sitting. LAME OLD FARTS! Anyways, skillet, you rock! And we were singing with you the whole way baby! You really shouldn't waste your time at these big events where they dont let you rock out. They don't deserve you. I am glad I got to see you though!...

Anyways, at the end of the show, (only like 6 songs!).. Me and seth started yelling at the top of our lungs, 1 MORE SONG! 1 MORE SONG! 1 MORE SONG! 1 MORE SONG!

AND NOBODY IN THE CROWD JOINED US. Seriously. What the hell.

Talk about a Lame ATF crowd... I mean, comon, yeah I know ATF is on a time schedule. but if 10,000 fans stand up and demand another song, I'm sorry ATF, but it's going to have to run late!

Bah.

Sorry for the rant. OVERALL THOUGH- The concert was awesome! And skillet rocks your face off!

You guys are awesome, and keep up the good work.

Oh yeah, one more thing, At this show, John dropped his bass! He swung it over his shoulder, and the strap came off... FLOP* It smacked the floor right on the face of it. That was one of his more humiliating moments I guess. Apparently it was fine though. Because he handed it to some dude in the back mid-song. Then he got it back on the next song, so apparently its fine, it just went out of tune, and now probably has a couple of dings on it.

hehe.

----CC

skilletfreak101
04-21-2005, 02:40 PM

But skillet rocked.

I was sitting on the side of the colliseum, and not down below on the floor, so I couldn't get down to the front. The stupid lame idiot crowd control freak guy in the red shirt wouldn't let me go to the front to rock out with skillet >:( (Apparently because if there is a fire or something, it would be too hard to evacuate the building when the entire everyone is crowding in the front.) So I had to stand at my seat, and watch skillet from afar.

Anyways, I'm sure everyone else around me thought I was crazy. Because I was rocking out jumping up and down/headbanging, with my bud seth. We had a mini mosh pit of 2 people. While the other people around me were sitting. LAME OLD FARTS! Anyways, skillet, you rock! And we were singing with you the whole way baby! You really shouldn't waste your time at these big events where they dont let you rock out. They don't deserve you. I am glad I got to see you though!...

Anyways, at the end of the show, (only like 6 songs!).. Me and seth started yelling at the top of our lungs, 1 MORE SONG! 1 MORE SONG! 1 MORE SONG! 1 MORE SONG!

Talk about a Lame ATF crowd... I mean, comon, yeah I know ATF is on a time schedule. but if 10,000 fans stand up and demand another song, I'm sorry ATF, but it's going to have to run late!

Bah.

Sorry for the rant. OVERALL THOUGH- The concert was awesome! And skillet rocks your face off!

Oh yeah, one more thing, At this show, John dropped his bass! He swung it over his shoulder, and the strap came off... FLOP* It smacked the floor right on the face of it. That was one of his more humiliating moments I guess. Apparently it was fine though. Because he handed it to some dude in the back mid-song. Then he got it back on the next song, so apparently its fine, it just went out of tune, and now probably has a couple of dings on it.

hehe.

----CC
well im glad you liked skillet...but i don't understand why you didn't like ATF...for me it was very life changing. and another thing about the "one more song thing....you said nobody in the crowd joined you...so how did 10,000 people demand another song if they didn't join you?

Combat Chuck
04-21-2005, 03:06 PM
well im glad you liked skillet...but i don't understand why you didn't like ATF...for me it was very life changing. and another thing about the "one more song thing....you said nobody in the crowd joined you...so how did 10,000 people demand another song if they didn't join you?
Hi. I have a long explanation of why I don't like ATF. And I don't want to clog up this thread with it. But if God used it in your life, that's awesome. If you really want to know, send me a private message. and i'll tell you why there.

And you misunderstood me about the "1 more song!". Me and my friend seth started shouting for 1 more song. BUT nobody else joined us. I just thought that was pretty lame. As skillet deserved an encore. And I was just saying, that if everyone WOULD HAVE joined us in the encore, ATF would have HAD to have let them do another song. It was just disapointing how ATF wouldn't let them do another song, and very people few people gave skillet an enore :(

That is all I was saying.

timmyrotter
04-21-2005, 03:55 PM
yeah i think the thing about the memorial collesium is that since it is really old it has strict fire-marshall guidlines... its always been that way. I was gonna go, it was the first year our youth group hasnt gone, but like you i dont like ATF either, its a great to bring non-believers to... anyways to keep a long story short, i knew it wouldnt be a full-length concert and 50$... well it just wasnt worth it.. and sorry for being critical but i doubt there was 10,000 people there, and this belongs in "skillet live"

aliengurl7
04-21-2005, 04:22 PM
never been to atf but its pretty boring to watch puts me 2 sleep! On the hand G-rock rox!

Stridergorn
04-21-2005, 04:40 PM
People SAT?! Like, while Skillet was rocking? That's unheard of. At the concert I was at there were so many people standing up front that I could barely move, but I was there anyway, jumping around on people's feet, and slamming my head into them.

skilletfreak101
04-21-2005, 04:43 PM
i thought it would be very boring also but it was amazingly better than i thought it would be

unshakeable15
04-22-2005, 01:50 PM
sorry it wasn't as great as you'd wanted it to be. i agree that it's not worth paying mondo bucks for a mini-concert, which is why i didn't go to the ATF when they were in my town a couple weeks ago.

hopefully you can catch a real show sometime where you can truly rock out like a panhead freak. ;)

skilletfreak101
04-22-2005, 04:38 PM
sorry it wasn't as great as you'd wanted it to be. i agree that it's not worth paying mondo bucks for a mini-concert, which is why i didn't go to the ATF when they were in my town a couple weeks ago.

hopefully you can catch a real show sometime where you can truly rock out like a panhead freak. ;)
well ATF wasn't really meant for the music(except for the praise and worship)

eowyn
04-22-2005, 08:11 PM
Mosh pits can be dangerous--especially when you have not already identified the fire exits.

Unregistered
04-25-2005, 02:18 PM

But skillet rocked.

Bah.

hehe.

----CC

that would've been good 'ol oats who he handed that bass too...oats is the guitar tech

unshakeable15
04-25-2005, 08:29 PM
well ATF wasn't really meant for the music(except for the praise and worship)
so true. plus, it's geared towards high schoolers (which i am not). as an event, it's good. but as a concert, not so much. that's just entertainment to help everyone have a fun time. :)

undecided
04-26-2005, 09:23 AM
I cant stand ATF concerts but I love the event, next year I am going the the Honor academy and maybe will hopefully be going to some ATFs so if Skillet plays I will see what I can do to get the hard core skillet fans on the floor. I doubt anything will change but I can try because I know what it is like ot watch one of you fav bands from your seat in the nose bleed section, NOT FUN. So I will try.

PinkGoo
04-26-2005, 09:32 AM
i went to ATF a couple of years ago. it was awesome and totally different than Chuck said, at least here. good grief! people were jumping and screaming and moshing at a NEWSBOYS concert. i thought that was funny. i can imagine what a Skillet concert would have been like. *headbangs*

skilletfreak101
04-30-2005, 05:59 PM
when i went to ATF...skillet wasn't there...but kutless was and that was awesome.

JohnnyRocker
05-11-2005, 08:37 PM
John always drops his bass.

Red_gal
05-12-2005, 03:56 PM
when i went to ATF...skillet wasn't there...but kutless was and that was awesome.
yeah I agree that kutless is a good band. I just think John's voice sounds good (it's not too deep or light). He has to sing and play so if he did drop anything as JohnnyRocker was sayin, it's totally understandable. :) Especially the song Will You Be There. It doesn't bother me if anyone drops an instrument...if it sounds good its worth the time.

skilletfreak101
05-27-2005, 05:40 AM
yeah I agree that kutless is a good band. I just think John's voice sounds good (it's not too deep or light). He has to sing and play so if he did drop anything as JohnnyRocker was sayin, it's totally understandable. :) Especially the song Will You Be There. It doesn't bother me if anyone drops an instrument...if it sounds good its worth the time.
yeah.......well if i could've picked who would be there..i probably would've picked skillet...but kutless was still really good