PinkGoo
05-06-2005, 04:09 AM
Skillet is going to be at Rock the Universe this fall, September 10th. I'm so excited because this will be my first time seeing Skillet live! Yay!!! :afro:
Any Florida panheads going too?

lamb_servant72
05-06-2005, 07:30 AM
Hey Liz! I will more than likely go to Atlanta Fest on June 16th. Although, I do have August 20th (Alabama) and 10-10 on the calendar. Would love to go to all three!!! This will be my first time too!!!!

PinkGoo
05-07-2005, 09:02 AM
thats cool... hope you get to go!

KITLA
05-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I live in Lakeland and I am pretty sure I'll be going with my youth group. If possible, we should try to meet there!

Unregistered
05-19-2005, 10:35 AM
yeah i'm definitely going! i live in ft myers but i used to live in Wisconsin, which is where most of the members are from, so this will be my 5th time seeing them, they're awesome, you won't be disappointed:)

whereami
06-23-2005, 02:20 PM
sweet, i was just about to make a thread saying basically the exact same thing (cept itl be my second time seeing them ;) ) IM GOING!!!!!!!!!!!! W00T, twill rock so much, the rest of this year;s lineup is preatty good too.

Destiny
06-23-2005, 02:55 PM
I'm going!! ;D

PinkGoo
06-30-2005, 11:42 AM
yay!! i can't wait... its gunna rock!

unshakeable15
06-30-2005, 11:44 AM
...the Universe! :D

sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

whereami
09-06-2005, 03:00 PM
*has made sure that anyone in a 5 mile radius of him during the past week has known he is going to see skillet at RTU*

WHO ELSE IS COMPLETELY STOKED!?!?!?!?! THIS WEEKEND WILL RAWK!!!

Bassplayer
09-06-2005, 03:15 PM
I"M STOKED!! I'M GOING!!! i live in TN and i'm still going. (mainly because my friend has tickets and i always go with him) where should we meet? at the men in black ride?? (AH!!) so excited!

Bassplayer
09-09-2005, 02:48 AM
well, tomorrow's the day. who's totally siked?? (sp?)

PinkGoo
09-09-2005, 07:53 AM
*cries* im not going after all. :'( this sucks more than anything ever.

Destiny
09-10-2005, 10:28 PM
freakin amazing show like always! I love John's new Traben. I took tons of pics, I'll post them soon ;D

boaguy
09-11-2005, 04:36 PM
Holy crap the show was amazing. I met ben like 10 minutes before the show too, was anyone else blown away by that solo!?

whereami
09-11-2005, 05:20 PM
^totally dude. seriously, that solo ROCKED, he just kept going, and going, and going, it rocked. that was the best show ive ever seen.

Anyone who wasnt a skillet fan and was at that show, is now either a skillet fan, or never will be.

i just have to quote john on this:

"I understand that some of yall are kind of dissapointed because us and Pillar are playing at the same time and you wanted to see us both. We totally understand, Pillar is one of my favorate bands. So if you leave halfway through to go see Pillar, i totaly understand..., you won't go to heaven, but I'll understand." ;)

boaguy
09-11-2005, 08:53 PM
"I understand that some of yall are kind of dissapointed because us and Pillar are playing at the same time and you wanted to see us both. We totally understand, Pillar is one of my favorate bands. So if you leave halfway through to go see Pillar, i totaly understand..., you won't go to heaven, but I'll understand." ;)

ahah that was so awesome. I hadn't seen skillet in a year..it was crazy how they intensified there music, John was screaming especially crazy.

Bassplayer
09-12-2005, 04:00 AM
AAHH!! THAT WAS FLIPPEN AWESOME!! man, i was in like 10 mosh-pits. ben's solo was pretty sweet. i liked John's bass. i've never seen him use that one before.

shane
09-12-2005, 11:25 AM
new member to the boards, but ive been a fan of skillet for about 4 years.. i was there last night with my youth group. skillet was the band i was looking forward to most, and that was the best concert ive ever been to in my life. i was about 15 feet away from the stage, dead center. id been standing there since the beginning of grits lol. (who sucked!)

everything about that show was amazing. i hadnt seen them since RTU 2 years before... precollide.. heh. the new stuff was amazing live! i was just sad that they didnt play imperfection, not to mention corey wasnt there to play angels fall down, but i guess ill let that pass ;)

i dont get why skillet doesnt headline. everytime after them i feel dead. theyre concerts are just so full of energy, and afterwards i was done lol. my voice has been gone since then (yay for screaming!). skillet should headline more! i want them to come to the tampa area soon.. actually.. id go see em again in orlando. :D

Unregistered
09-12-2005, 12:08 PM
LOL! i heard about that! i didnt get to go, but my best friend did... she was so sweet... she called me and let me listen to a lil bit of the show over her cell phone... awww... thanks amy!

rockergirl4242
09-12-2005, 01:57 PM
*cries* im not going after all. :'( this sucks more than anything ever.

poor you. I didnt get to go either.... >:(

PinkGoo
09-13-2005, 03:03 PM
awww! *hugs* we can be sad together!!

(by the way that post by the 'guest' was actually me... i forgot to sign in!!)

Bassplayer
09-14-2005, 11:13 AM
it was soo funny when John said that. everyone started laughing.

whereami
09-14-2005, 02:30 PM
another quotable line from the ocncert:

(dang, i forgot the name of the guy playing guitar for Korey, was it chris? ill call him cris for the guote ;) )

"Chris is playing my wife's guitars. But their not girly, they're AWSOME."
(as "chris" is holding Korey's red starry guitar)
;D

ephemeralwarmth
09-14-2005, 04:30 PM
This was the third time I have seen Skillet in concert and I must say it was a very good show with great effects. Granite the sound with a little garballed it was still good. I am sad to say that that was probably the last Skillet show I am going to see. Nothing against them.. But the people at that concert and their behavior just ruined it. I'm sure I wasn't the only one who attended to feel this way, but this is the second concert stuff like this has happened and I don't think I can take it any more..

This is a Christian Rock Band that attended a Christian event and what went on there didn't make this apparent at all. Fans throwing bottles across the crowd hitting other people in the head, mosh pitting turning into punches and kicks, people getting shoved out of the way by the staff so they could control the crowd.. people getting hurt, a fan being thrown out of the concert after getting in a Staff members face, and then rude people shoving their way through the crowd so they could get a better view, regardless of the people who were waiting there.

Never befor have I seen this at CHRISTIAN CONCERT.. WHERE WE ARE THERE TO WORSHIP GOD! I know that there were people there that weren't Christians, but we should all be setting an example. Night of Joy was never like that.. Never that bad..

Whats with some people?

Bassplayer
09-14-2005, 05:01 PM
oh yeah. i know what you mean. pardon my french but that pissed me off. i almost decked a few guys but i knew that i could get in trouble. Not all Skillet concerts are like that. It's mainly Rock the Universe. Their smaller concerts aren't anywear near as bad.

softballchick
09-14-2005, 06:04 PM
hehe..i just found this thread :D (i know i'm a lil slow) but RTU was AWESOME!! i didn't think it would be as packed as it was! (since night of joy was the same night) i can't wait until next year!!!

unshakeable15
09-14-2005, 09:34 PM
Never befor have I seen this at CHRISTIAN CONCERT.. WHERE WE ARE THERE TO WORSHIP GOD! I know that there were people there that weren't Christians, but we should all be setting an example. Night of Joy was never like that.. Never that bad..
i agree, it's bad. but at the same time, i don't think people think of Christian concerts the same way you do. you seem to go to worship God. they probably do the same, but not in the same way.

not saying getting in people's face or getting violent is justified, but just wanted to point out that not everyong is satisfied going to a concert and simply jumping up and down. and yes, i do believe you can mosh and worship. takes a certain kind of person, but it works.

frymeskillet
09-15-2005, 08:38 AM
Skillet is going to be at Rock the Universe this fall, September 10th. I'm so excited because this will be my first time seeing Skillet live! Yay!!! :afro:
Any Florida panheads going too?

AWESOME! i was gonna go~ and i begged my mom too. but i live in the west panhandle and i had a ride, but she wouldnt let me go! >:( i was so mad, it was a day after my bday too. but on the other hand, im supposed to go to a casting crowns and building 429 concert in pensacola if my friend can get off work...i hope i get to go! ;D
--electricskillet

frymeskillet
09-15-2005, 08:42 AM
^totally dude. seriously, that solo ROCKED, he just kept going, and going, and going, it rocked. that was the best show ive ever seen.

Anyone who wasnt a skillet fan and was at that show, is now either a skillet fan, or never will be.

i just have to quote john on this:

thats awesome, and hilarious, i wish i could have gone, i wanted to so bad!! :(

ephemeralwarmth
09-15-2005, 12:59 PM
oh yeah. i know what you mean. pardon my french but that pissed me off. i almost decked a few guys but i knew that i could get in trouble. Not all Skillet concerts are like that. It's mainly Rock the Universe. Their smaller concerts aren't anywear near as bad.

I went to the concert at the First Wave Club about a year ago and saw the same kind of thing. My fiance and I watched a girl continuously look to the ground for a bottle, pick it up and throw it across the room. I must say though she got a taste of her own medicine when a bottle came soaring through the air from where she was throwing it, and it hit her upside the head when she wasn't paying attention. Sad what it takes to get people to stop.

But no.. I don't mind moshing, but when people start fist fighting.. it ruins the point. And of course I go to see skillet for more than to just worship.. But when people start acting up doing a song such as "A little More" or songs like it. It kinda upsets me.

Bassplayer
09-15-2005, 05:21 PM
yeah. that's a little annoying.

Bassplayer
10-25-2005, 03:28 PM
Does anyone here remember the hymn that Skillet played at RTU? i've been trying to remember but can't.

unshakeable15
10-28-2005, 03:07 PM
that song would be "Be Thou My Vision." it's been in their lineup lately, which is cool with me, it's a great hymn. :)

theelectric3
10-28-2005, 05:53 PM
i love their performance of "be thou my vision"...very powerful, peaceful and worshipful...

Bassplayer
11-07-2005, 12:36 PM
thanks guys. i've been wondering alot lately because i loved the way they played it. i'd like to try it out at church sometime.