e99plant
06-19-2005, 09:43 PM
hey there skillet fans!!!
now i spacifically call for all australian skillet fans!!!!! we need a skillet visit! for all the years that i have loved and adored skillet, i have never senn them live! (and its making me crazy!) so i think that its about time that we start having a go and asking john, korey, ben and lori to come over already! sheesh!
so, my plan of action is this, send an email or two (or seventy) to the skillet email (skillet@skillet.org i think...) and ask them to send skillet over to auzzie to do a tour! please help me!
and also panheads from other parts of the world, help us too and send emails to the skillet team and encourage them to send skillet over for a much needed visit!

well get cracking and start typing away!!!
cheers all panheads!
-chris

nukrof
06-20-2005, 04:04 AM
Hi there. I'm an aussie skillet freak! From Adelaide, however if they came i'd travel to any state to see them. I agree with you, they actually have a heap of aussie fans so i've heard and i've also heard that they've come here once, they went Queensland i think for the sonfest, but i'm not sure on that.

I know a few people who i can get to email skillet, so i'm in on the project, i'd love to see them live, i think i'd lose a lot of brain cells however! I'd go nuts! Let's em to Australia!!!

terrasin
06-20-2005, 06:56 AM
As I have said a hundred times before. I will look at contacting a promoter in Aussie if I can get enough support from the people and churches down there. The major problem is that there has to be a huge demand for them to come down because of the expense to travel that far. And when I say huge, I'm talking about 10,000 tickets for the event. The other problem is while there might be several thousand Skillet fans in Australia, they are all spread out across the country in about 7 different cities that are thousands of miles apart.

FYI, I have talked to John about doing some shows down there. In fact, it was very recently that I discussed it with him. He would love to do shows there, but the expense and the fact that they don't usually make any money doing those shows keep them from being booked because of that expense.

Basically what it comes down to is getting a petition sort of thing going in the area and getting signatures of all the people who are wanting to go. It will take a ton of signatures but at least it would be something to give to a local promoter.

CJ

JohnnyRocker
06-20-2005, 08:31 PM
Yeah, they have played there before.

flame_boi
07-18-2005, 11:37 PM
Yeah im a big skillet fan even since i saw them play @ sonfest in melbourne 2002, I have always wanted to see them play in aust again, I have talked to terrasin, as stated we need to get as many skillet fans to get them here, Rock On, God Bless-Flame_Boi ;D