disciple
06-28-2005, 09:47 PM
Does anybody else play games online, either console or PC/Mac? I feel like I'm another anomaly in this world... I know lots of people play SOCOM II, but at least half of them aren't fun to play with at all.

I'd play Diablo I or II online, but I don't know anybody that'd want to play with me. Well, my best friend tried to play with me, but he got all confuserated, and then his computer apparently just froze trying to find my online. ::]

I just need a little confirmation that panhead gamers don't just stick to offline gaming. Am I the only panhead who plays SOCOM II Online? :-\ Probably.

Anyways. If you play online games, what games do you enjoy playing the most? What could be made better about them, in your opinion? Is this just a useless thread? :P

skynes
06-29-2005, 06:04 AM
www.battleon.com

This is the one I'd play the most. I occasionally play Red Alert 2 also. I don't like most online games cause I think it's stupid the pay for the game, then pay every single month for the game to keep working! It's a total marketing ploy and there's no excuse or valid reason for it.

That's probably why Guild Wars has picked up so quick, you buy the game and that's it... No more fees.

FromTheInside
06-29-2005, 07:36 AM
I don't do any right now, But I wan't to start playing America's Army :)

Heri Altariel
06-29-2005, 07:46 AM
Sometimes I play an online game on the Xbox called "Rainbow Six 3" It's really fun to. :)

disciple
06-29-2005, 11:55 AM
www.battleon.com

This is the one I'd play the most. I occasionally play Red Alert 2 also. I don't like most online games cause I think it's stupid the pay for the game, then pay every single month for the game to keep working! It's a total marketing ploy and there's no excuse or valid reason for it.

That's probably why Guild Wars has picked up so quick, you buy the game and that's it... No more fees.
I agree.

Luckily, the games I play online are free of fees. (SOCOM II and the Diablo games.) And, I remember when you first started the battleon.com thread... almost made me wanna play it. :P

(Geez, I wish I could afford/play Guild Wars...)

skynes
06-29-2005, 12:11 PM
u shud try Battleon. You can play as a free player, then pay to be upgraded anytime. No charge for trying it out... Which is pretty good.

I've never used Diablo II online. I *ahem* modify my character... so they won't let me use him online...

Isildur9473
06-29-2005, 12:17 PM
I had a level 98 Barbarian for D2 online, but it got deleted for 3 months of in activity. :(