undecided
07-15-2005, 10:56 AM
Hey everyone, so who is going to Kingdom Bound this year. I know i am and I want to meet up with other crazy Skillet fans at KB. So if you are going post it here and we will think of a cool plan to meet up at the show and together we will rock our faces off as one big cluster of Skillet fans and it will be crazy fun.

freak_for_god22
07-25-2005, 07:33 PM
I was going to go for skillets day but now that i just got into my car accident. I dont know if i can go at all.. but if u go have fun..

hardrockinfreak
07-28-2005, 10:21 AM
I'll be there right there with you, rocking my face off!!!!!! yea kingdom bound is always such a great time! its the best thing of summer in western new york!

xtremepnhd
07-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I can't wait till KB. i live in Oklahoma and i leave on Friday for NY. i travel with Reggie Dabbs for XM productions so come see us next week. Kingdombound is defiantly one of my favorite trips i take because of the awesome people and artists. see ya all there!

theelectric3
07-28-2005, 04:20 PM
I was going to go for skillets day but now that i just got into my car accident. I dont know if i can go at all.. but if u go have fun..

did you get hurt bad from the accident?

to all who go - have fun. :)

hardrockinfreak
07-28-2005, 08:32 PM
will they still play now that they had Xavier?

JohnnyRocker
07-28-2005, 11:33 PM
Yes, they will still play.

freak_for_god22
07-29-2005, 08:21 AM
Well i am getting a Brand new car even though that car was only 3 months old.. hahaha.. i really didnt care for i mean it has excellent warranty on it but it didnt really fit my style.. But i didnt get hurt bad from the accident. I had to go to the er though...

theelectric3
07-29-2005, 09:44 AM
(glad to hear you weren't hurt bad)

hardrockinfreak
08-03-2005, 08:01 PM
What a night it was!!!!!! ok, pillar was supposed to play the night before but was cancelled because of rain and thunderstorms! ok! pillar was supposed to be on their way to a practice space in NYC but a church in buffalo offered them to practice at theirs for the day! so pillar wrote new songs in a church in buffalo! but the cool thing is still coming! Pillar was rescheduled to play After skillet the following day! so skillet comes out! john plays without a bass! for energy! they open with that, then they do a quick change into my obsession! the crowd was nuts, people crowd surfed(against the rules) and it was awesome! john told us a great story about how he almost pooped his pants the year before because he was sick, and he ran off stage during angels fall down(I remember wondering why he did this) but skillet was amazing! then pillar came out and rocked the house! they closed with bring me down! then an encore of fireproof, with special guest john cooper!!!!!!!!!!!! pillar starts playing, and at the bridge rob was like HEy kingdom bound, give it up again for JOHN COOPER FROM SKILLET!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the crowd of skillet fans and pillar fans, and both unite in one crowd and totally GO NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

panheadhockeydude
08-03-2005, 08:20 PM
then an encore of fireproof, with special guest john cooper!!!!!!!!!!!! pillar starts playing, and at the bridge rob was like HEy kingdom bound, give it up again for JOHN COOPER FROM SKILLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that is SOOOO cool!! that musta been awesome!! glad to hear it rocked!!

Maddog
08-04-2005, 09:38 AM
awww that sounds freaking AWESOME! I wonder why crowd surfing is against the rules. hmm i have never been anywhere where it has been against the rules, that is a lil weird

hardrockinfreak
08-04-2005, 09:54 AM
because, it is in a theme park(six flags) and if someone gets hurt, or whatever, six flags could be liable and Kingdom bound doesnt want to lose its privilages of being there its a really nice place to have kingdom bound because its halfway between rochester and buffalo, and tons of people come out

terrasin
08-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Pics anyone?

CJ

theelectric3
08-04-2005, 03:24 PM
what an awesome, enthusiastic review of the show. thanks. :)

aliensoul_squire20
08-04-2005, 04:49 PM
Energy was SOOOO kick-butt AWSOME!!!!!! If I ever would have wished for John to do one song without playing bass, it woulda been Energy.

John's little funny story was disgusting, and sweet, in an odd way..... it's nice that he rocked for the fans even though he had to go to the bathroom really bad...... even if it's disgusting.....

But I think that if Pillar hadn't played after Skillet, then they coulda gone on for a while longer..... so nothing against Pillar, but.......... yeah...............

I got my bass signed by John 8) Oh yeah, I will never sell that thing now, even though it's a beginner bass. ;D ;D ;D

God bless, Alien

hardrockinfreak
08-04-2005, 07:20 PM
But I thought pillar put on a great show! best I have seen pillar in forever! and when john and rob Shook hands and hugged at the end of fireproof it made history, the stars shined brighter, and the fireworks went off, like a sweet kissing scene in a love story, sparks flew, emotions ran high!!!! but it was awesome! to see the two bands unite under the same message of reaching the lost world, the secular crowd by invading their space with the love of God!!!! thats what I felt that night was about! I believe that was Gods reason for pillar being cancelled on monday and being rescheduled following skillet on tuesday! he had a message that we needed to hear, and both bands became one to tell us how much this dying world needs our savior!

panfan
08-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Darlene(Undecided)! You were the crazy canadian who stood behind me!!! I was the blonde with the blanket and cooler, and became friends with Jesse... I don't think we ever talked but I remember you! Haha, I had a feeling I'd find you on here!

But yeah, I was at KB too! I had front row center and it was pretty awesome, I was disappointed that Pillar got to close, which meant Skillet got a shorter set, but they did a great job anyway. I was surprised they didn't do You Are My Hope, but A Little More was a good substitute. And I LOVED how John came out and sang Fireproof with Pillar, haha, even though he looked kind of out of place, it was more comical than anything for me, but it was awesome. Ah, it was just such a great show.

Here's my pictures from the show, a lot of them turned out kind of yellow and shadow-y, because my camera is really good in the day time, but once the sun goes down it's weird with the flash, but oh well.
http://photobucket.com/albums/a316/kingdombound05/SKILLET/

theelectric3
08-06-2005, 02:15 PM
cool pictures. :) you got a nice shot of lori (she can be hard to get sometimes).

hardrockinfreak
08-06-2005, 07:26 PM
I wanna know where he got that shirt from???? I want it!

panfan
08-07-2005, 07:27 AM
cool pictures. :) you got a nice shot of lori (she can be hard to get sometimes).

Hah, thanks, I know I can NEVER get a good shot of her. PLUS did we forget to mention she actually SOLO-ED!?! It was defintately the first time(out of 10 shows) I've ever seen her actually do it when someone yelled "Drum Solo" Haha.

theelectric3
08-07-2005, 01:16 PM
i remember her telling me she spent most of her time off around christmas practicing that drum solo. i'm sure she has motified and improved it even since the collide tour. she knew a lot of fans wanted a solo and she wanted to be give a good one. ;)

yeah, she rocks. :)

unshakeable15
08-09-2005, 02:04 PM
oh yeah. that solo, so awesome. i saw it a couple months ago and it rocked me like crazy. ;D it was bloody marvelous. :D

aliensoul_squire20
08-09-2005, 05:12 PM
But I thought pillar put on a great show! best I have seen pillar in forever! and when john and rob Shook hands and hugged at the end of fireproof it made history, the stars shined brighter, and the fireworks went off, like a sweet kissing scene in a love story, sparks flew, emotions ran high!!!! but it was awesome! to see the two bands unite under the same message of reaching the lost world, the secular crowd by invading their space with the love of God!!!! thats what I felt that night was about! I believe that was Gods reason for pillar being cancelled on monday and being rescheduled following skillet on tuesday! he had a message that we needed to hear, and both bands became one to tell us how much this dying world needs our savior!

Wow, i never thought of it that way. God's sooo cool like that, aint he?? thanks for pointing that out.

And, your "like a sweet kissing scene" part, let's just all be glad that that wasn't the case. lol. that would be SOOOOO WRONG!

God bless, Alien