Divine Mystery
08-13-2005, 11:07 PM
I've got a question in relation to Skillet's live stuff...I apologize if I am rehashing old news. I don't usually post in this part of the board.

As far as the most recent touring for Skillet goes...Do they play many of their older songs, (if any) as well? If so what (usually) are the songs they play?

I think I remember reading an e-mail a while back from the bands' updates that they were talking about incorperating their old stuff into their recent sets...Something to that effect...But I could be remembering wrong, or I may've misinterpereted the information.

If someone could clarify this (my question included) it would be greatly appreciated.

terrasin
08-14-2005, 03:55 AM
For the most part, that was only for the Collide Tour. They do still play some of their old songs (I Can, Best Kept Secret), but there were a lot more incorperated into the show durring the Collide Tour. Songs like My Beautiful Robe, More Faithful, Saturn, You Take My Rights Away were all played durring that tour but really have not been played since. I think a lot of it has to do with Korey not being there and them having to keep a certain set because of the time it would take to teach Chris and Drea how to play them. Not to mention it would be a lot more technical stress on Drea's part due to the heavy synths from HYILYS and Invincible. This is pretty much the same set as they used before the Collide tour as well from what I've noticed.

CJ

Bassplayer
08-20-2005, 07:25 AM
I've heard from their older CD's Locked in a Cage, I can, Best Kept Secret, Invinceble, and a few others. but i think that most people are looking more at there latest 2 or 3 cd's then the first two.

pachanga
08-20-2005, 11:34 AM
Yeah they do "Best Kept Secret" a lot. They did "Alien Youth" because some kid shouted it out when they came here. They also did "Kill Me, Heal Me" without the keyboard which was mad awesome.

theelectric3
08-20-2005, 01:17 PM
kill me heal me without keyboard? hmm...interesting...

bobbi
08-21-2005, 03:19 AM
They usually play them like they did, but in a lot of them, Kory doesn't sing live much anymore. But yeah, they pretty much keep it the same, as far as I can tell.

i*love*jesus
08-21-2005, 11:05 PM
How do all those older songs sound now with the fill-ins? Korey's so awesome at all that electronic stuff.