drumchick101
08-24-2005, 01:30 PM
i could on & on about thigns like this all day!! but ill start here...

i was pretty down one day about not having any reely close relationships w/ any christian ppl my age. i have my sister, but shes @ college all the time. i never reely had any good christians to hang out w/ or talk to stuff w/ late @ night about stuff u would never tell any1 else. u know...basic reely good freind stuff. i know that good quality freinds are often few & im not the only one so i was kinda telling myself to suck it up cause it wasnt something to be wining (sp?)about. so then i decided to get over myself & do something more important...read my Bible. i just flipped it open & there i was staring in one of the gospels (i dont reely remember which one) where Jesus was in gethsemene. He told me to read it. i did & i noticed something i never did before...i noteced that, wen He got there, He told the deciples to stay while He prayed BUT He took peter james & john with him & then it said that he went only a few steps further to pray. only a few steps....peter james & john where still w/ Him. Jesus was 100% human, the only "Godness" in Him was that He never sinned. He showed me that even He needed not only ppl but close relationships as well. its one of the things we were made for...so it was ok that i was longing for wat i was longing for. i mean, if He needed close relationships than i reeeely need them lol, He is so much stronger than i could ever be. wat He did here as a human blows me away. like, the normal stuff. how He delt w/ His emotions and temptations. how He pushed Himself physically to make it all the way to His death. heck, it seems like running a marithon should be easy. but (back on topic) He showed me that it was ok to be weak..which i am so many times. thanks Dad...

><sarah><

TheFireBreathes
08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Awesome! I have also read that verse but I couldnt tell you what it was

alorian
08-24-2005, 03:16 PM
That rocks that God showed that to you :D He's been showing me the same thing lately, I've only got one friend like that, but I'd like more.

john316
08-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Awesome post Sarah...Isnt it great when the word of God touches us like that...that personal relationship is what makes our "religion" differnt from all the others.

You are a special young lady...may God richly bless you!!

John

Future_Panhead
12-10-2005, 10:58 AM
I've had times like that.That's when I whip out my Bible and start looking at what Jesus did and it makes me feel good about myself.