jcchic87
09-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Is anyone going to the Acquire the Fire events their playing at? I'm going to the the one day event in Louisville, KY. I don't know if their playing at like the weekend events that ATF has.....but if you all want you can check out www.acquirethefire.com and it'll give the cities and bands playing etc.

skilltroks
09-03-2005, 05:08 PM
I would like to go to the one in MI, but Skillet isn't even playing there. Therefore, it would be a waste of my money.

skelfy
09-03-2005, 05:38 PM
Even if they were going to be there, they'd have a playing time of a half an hour. ATF isn't a good place to travel to see Skillet.

bob
09-03-2005, 05:54 PM
I would like to go to the one in MI, but Skillet isn't even playing there. Therefore, it would be a waste of my money.
:o ATF is awesome! :P besides, Michigan isn't having an ATF this year, they're having Battle Cry in Detroit, which is about 5 times the size of an ATF . . . and they're having like 5 bands to Battle Cry (Pillar, Delerious?, Jeremy Camp, Cross Movement, Toby Mac) :afro:

jcchic87
09-04-2005, 02:52 PM
I've love the ATF's I've been to before I I've seen bands play there and they get a pretty good chunk...so it wouldn't be that bad. I might go see them also at Shoutfest. The good thing is, that I don't have to do any traveling because ATF is having a one night thing in my home city, which is freakin awesome, and I don't care even if Skillet is up there only for 30 min. it will still be great!!

*LoCkEdInAcAgE*
09-04-2005, 04:08 PM
I cant wait for Battle Cry its going to be sweet.. ugh i'm so excited... but yeah ATF is awesome i love it so much

korey_cooper_jr
09-06-2005, 02:51 AM
What is Battle Cry? I mean....why is everyone so excited about t? I guess it has something to do with Pillar's "Battle Cry" song, right?

undecided
09-06-2005, 10:21 AM
What is Battle Cry? I mean....why is everyone so excited about t? I guess it has something to do with Pillar's "Battle Cry" song, right?
Hey I am an intern at the Honor Academy and I work for the ATF department. The battle cry events are just large ATF. There are 3 of them in the US and basically it is a larger ATF with more speakers and more bands. This year the theme is battle cry because our generation is falling. When our generation reaches the age of 20 there will be only 4% evangelical Christians (bible believeing) so we have to do something as a nation otherwise our society and our country is going to fall into the pits. So basically this year Ron Luce wants to raise awareness to youth Pastors and teens that we have to make a stand we have to join the battle of God and fight for our rights as Christians. We need to make a stand. SO that is kind of what this years "Battle Cry" events are about. I hope that answers your questions.

bob
09-06-2005, 11:46 AM
The song you're thinking of is Frontline . . . and Undecided just explained it basically, that is so awesome that you go to the Honor Academy . . . i've considered going there . . .

bob
09-12-2005, 09:59 PM
This was ATF 2 years ago, I always have fun at ATF, it's only as fun as you make it, I make ATF awesome . . . ha ha :)

korey_cooper_jr
09-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Thankx, undecided, or clearing that up for me. I heard there's supposed to be an ATF in Louisville, KY..and if Skillet's there I think I might try to go, since it's not too far.

jcchic87
09-15-2005, 02:46 AM
Thankx, undecided, or clearing that up for me. I heard there's supposed to be an ATF in Louisville, KY..and if Skillet's there I think I might try to go, since it's not too far.

Yea, there is one, it at the Mary Helen Byck arena/Louisville Gardens) and it's $20 and it's on Oct 13...which is a thursday. I can't wait! :)

skilltroks
01-24-2006, 02:37 PM
Seems like I found an old ATF thread.

skilletfreak101
01-29-2006, 07:22 PM
im goin to ATF in minneapolis and SKILLET IS GOING TO BE THERE!!!!!!

skilletfreak101
02-19-2006, 07:04 AM
i just saw skillet last night at ATF...it was awesome

kasicalover
02-19-2006, 05:53 PM
I went to ATF in Peoria, they played for about ahalf hour, it was a good show. ATF really isn't about the music though, it's about getting closer to God, so if you're going expecting a long great concert and nothing else I would encourage you not to go. But ATF as a whole is great.

skilletfreak101
02-19-2006, 07:44 PM
I went to ATF in Peoria, they played for about ahalf hour, it was a good show. ATF really isn't about the music though, it's about getting closer to God, so if you're going expecting a long great concert and nothing else I would encourage you not to go. But ATF as a whole is great.
yes i agree...skillet was good but the whole reason for ATF is gettin closer to God and that part was just amazing

amodman
02-19-2006, 08:43 PM
ONLY a half hour? Well that's kinda dumb...I mean, they already got Skillet to tag along and everything. At least shoot it for an hour. It's not like their worship is amazing and probably better than anything else they've got anyway ::].

skilletfreak101
02-22-2006, 12:56 PM
ONLY a half hour? Well that's kinda dumb...I mean, they already got Skillet to tag along and everything. At least shoot it for an hour. It's not like their worship is amazing and probably better than anything else they've got anyway ::].
well you see...ATF isn't all about the bands...it's about getting closer to God...so the bands are just a part of the pakage

bob
02-22-2006, 04:28 PM
Right, the bands aren't the main emphasis of the event, they are kind of just like the icing on the cake per se.

skilletfreak101
02-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Right, the bands aren't the main emphasis of the event, they are kind of just like the icing on the cake per se.
yes exactly. ATF is just so amazing because there are so many things to it...you get closer to God, worship Him all weekend, hangout all weekend with your youth group, see a couple of awesome bands...it's just so cool

Ming3r
03-01-2006, 02:11 PM
No ATFs around where I'm at; all I've really got is Kingdom Bound in August...2 years ago when I went, Skillet had about an hour long set...same stage as Superchick and TFK as well.

Man, did I stink after that day...

On the other hand, one of my friends down at the Honor Academy is going to the Houston Battlecry event...I want to go to one, but the closest ones are at least 6-8 hours away.

skilletfreak101
03-01-2006, 07:07 PM
No ATFs around where I'm at; all I've really got is Kingdom Bound in August...2 years ago when I went, Skillet had about an hour long set...same stage as Superchick and TFK as well.

Man, did I stink after that day...

On the other hand, one of my friends down at the Honor Academy is going to the Houston Battlecry event...I want to go to one, but the closest ones are at least 6-8 hours away.
holy crap...those battlecry events make ATF seem really REALLY tiny

PinkGoo
03-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Hmm. I got home from Tampa's ATF last night. Skillet played at that one, but the show wasn't so great... at least, in my opinion.

softballchick
03-12-2006, 04:09 PM
I thought they were okay. they were better at Rock the Universe.

amodman
03-12-2006, 07:41 PM
well you see...ATF isn't all about the bands...it's about getting closer to God...so the bands are just a part of the pakage

I've never been to ATF, but I've seen Skillet play some conventions before. Bar none the Spirit was moving in the room more for them than the Convention worship teams. It just seems a tad ridiculous to me to have Skillet tag along to do worship or a concert or whatever for only like a half hour. For a concert, that's a really short set. For worship, that's just plain ridiculous. Just my opinion.

skilletfreak101
03-13-2006, 03:09 PM
I've never been to ATF, but I've seen Skillet play some conventions before. Bar none the Spirit was moving in the room more for them than the Convention worship teams. It just seems a tad ridiculous to me to have Skillet tag along to do worship or a concert or whatever for only like a half hour. For a concert, that's a really short set. For worship, that's just plain ridiculous. Just my opinion.
i actually lied...skillet got to play for like an hour

Jesus_Skater
03-14-2006, 05:06 AM
of course i will be coming, skillet rocks no way would i miss a concert.. lol :lick:

Mr. Bananas
03-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Skillet played at the ATF in Tacoma, WA, and I really wanted to go. Unfortunately, my youth group didn't go. The only church in town that did go is my old youth group, who I wasn't comfortable going with, as much as I wanted to see Skillet. So, I have to wait until Creation. I hope they don't book them at the same time as another band that I want to see. That happened last year. It annoyed me.

skilletfreak101
03-24-2006, 01:20 PM
Skillet played at the ATF in Tacoma, WA, and I really wanted to go. Unfortunately, my youth group didn't go. The only church in town that did go is my old youth group, who I wasn't comfortable going with, as much as I wanted to see Skillet. So, I have to wait until Creation. I hope they don't book them at the same time as another band that I want to see. That happened last year. It annoyed me.
well if you were going just to see skillet...you don't really have to worry that you didn't go.

Mr. Bananas
03-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Well, I went the last two years and had a great time, Skillet was more of a bonus. Last year they had a hard time finding bands to come, so this was a big deal. But, thats ok.