terrasin
09-26-2005, 08:17 AM
I've been interested in getting a professional camera for quite some time for misc pictures and to use for photographing stars and other space things through telescope and also for just some great quality pictures.

I'm at a loss at what to get. Like music, things always seem better in analogue. I'm very unsure about going digital if I get a professional camera for the simple fact that it doesn't have as good of quality as you would get with a film cam.

CJ

riz
09-26-2005, 08:54 AM
If you're very very serious and don't mind spending a little bit more, I would seriously consider a digital SLR camera - but mind you, they ARE highly expensive. I think they provide the best quality photographs and the ability to delete whichever shots are not up to par: I've seen a few nature photos my friend has taken with a Canon digital SLR and they were phenomenal.

I have a Canon Rebel, but it's a regular 35mm SLR. I've taken some real decent shots with it, though. For stars and such you would need a telephoto lens, if I recall correctly - which are expensive accessories but a necessity for any form of astrophotography. I don't remember if there's an actual type of camera for astrophotography or not - I can check and see, but I bet the price tag is pretty high for that also.

Nikon and Canon are my preferences.

theelectric3
09-26-2005, 12:10 PM
i agree. Canon Rebels are really good. i have a Sony camera and i am happy with it. no matter what camera you decide on, make sure it has a Carl Zeiss lense. from what i remember correctly it is the best lense out there. my sony has a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar lense and i can totally see a difference in the pics i take with it vs. another digital camera without it.

cameraworld.com has some good deals on cameras if you are interested in checking that out.

Isildur9473
09-27-2005, 10:32 AM
We have a Canon Rebel at the school Newspaper, and it's one of the best cameras I've ever used. If you can, go for it, although it is quite pricey.

morepunkthanu
10-09-2005, 05:56 PM
Canon Rebels are the best! I have one and it takes great pictures.

john316
10-13-2005, 05:47 PM
I dont know alot about cameras but in hunting optics Zeiss lenses are about the best...i have a Zeiss lens in my target sight for my bow...very clear optics...so i would think their camera lens would be top of the line too.

PinkGoo
10-18-2005, 04:17 AM
you relate everything to hunting, don't you?

poor deers... :'(

unshakeable15
10-18-2005, 02:02 PM
yes, yes he does. :) just like you relate everything to pink, and i relate everything to writing/music. we relate the things around us to the things we like.

john316
10-18-2005, 04:03 PM
you relate everything to hunting, don't you?

poor deers... :'(

Ummm...sorry.My intentions were to emphasis the quality of Zeiss lenses...and btw the target sight i was speaking of is used for competition shooting not hunting.