alorian
09-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Hrm, makes you think, many of these things have already happened (psst, click me) (http://www.glennbeck.com/news/03212002.shtml)

Isildur9473
09-26-2005, 04:39 PM
OMG It's t3h Communists!

If anything, the U.S. is closer to being a Police State rather than a Communist empire. I could see how we're getting closer to that state through things like The Patriot Act. :\

alorian
09-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Yeah, I agree, but I'm just, perturbed, by the number of goals already attained. Like the one about the mental illnessess, and illustrating homosexuality etc to be normal, and healthy.

asparagus
09-26-2005, 07:07 PM
Guys, these have no authority. They were created by a Congressional Representative and entered into an official record late in 1963 by a ultra-conservative southern democrat. So? Any congressman can do that. If I post on here goals of the pro-life movement as entered into Congress, I bet I can find one that suggests people should kill abortion doctors. Is that what the pro-life movement is about? Of course not. But what's entered into "congressional record" is nothing more than an unedited and uncontrolled record of congress.

Regardless, these are far from any actual communist goals. The representative is not a former communist, he does not speak for communists.

In the same fashion, a congressional representative from Florida can today enter into record that the goals of terrorists is international peace. This changes nothing. He does not speak for the terrorists.

I might add, these goals are a far cry from the 10 planks of the communist manifesto.

NightCrawler
09-27-2005, 08:42 AM
I bought the communist manifesto. I lost it somewhere in my room. A very short read -- small ... pamphlet.

skilltroks
09-28-2005, 01:46 PM
I think we should lift the band from Cuba. Show them love, show them that there is a better way to control your country.

alorian
09-28-2005, 02:03 PM
Hmm, or we could "nuke em till they glow"

but i'm kewl with it either way... ;)

alorian
09-30-2005, 02:39 PM
Oh, by the way, thanks for pointing that out to me, Alex. (I mean that in a sincere way, I really do :) )