TheFireBreathes
10-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Im just curious, I have seen so many people as what people percieve to what The Rapture will look like. Ex: the Thousand Foot Krutch Phenomenon cover. So what do you all think it will look like? (if you believe it) I dont want to start any arguements, I just think it's cool to imagine what it will be like.

Your thoughts?

Isildur9473
10-03-2005, 02:21 PM
If I did believe it, I would imagine it to be some bright light like a nuclear explosion, but a good kind of light.

NightCrawler
10-03-2005, 09:18 PM
"I dont want to start any arguements," ...

I don't think I will come back to this thread ;)

theelectric3
10-03-2005, 10:26 PM
my outlook to this is, i'll wait and see. :) in the meantime, keep focused on why He has us here and continue to draw closer to Him. developing a relationship.

yup, that sounds good to me. heh. :)

unshakeable15
10-04-2005, 12:10 PM
sounds good to more than just you Tracy... :)

the guy living behind me agrees.

oh and me too. ;)

(and i have no clue whether or not the guy behind me agrees.)

Jesusfreak7777
10-05-2005, 05:51 PM
I think you will be up in the clouds and will be in awe.

terrasin
10-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I read in a book thingy I got in the mail about how it would make an awesome special effects movie for Hollywood. With the comet hitting the earth and the dragon coming from the sea... it would be a wild ride. hehehe.

CJ

alorian
10-05-2005, 08:23 PM
I'll stand behind you mike, and be alive, so that you'll be right in the guy living behind you agreeing :)

unshakeable15
10-05-2005, 09:42 PM
thanks Seth. ;D

Isildur9473
10-05-2005, 11:49 PM
My pastor spoke to us about this the other day. The word rapture isn't actually used in the Bible anywhere. The only reference to us suddenly vanishing is in the New Testament, can't remember the exact passage.

What he got to saying was, isn't it our job to continue helping, and trying to save people even after the End Times begin, and we'll die however we die helping God?

terrasin
10-06-2005, 12:17 AM
Ahhhhh, the rapture. I was thinking of the things that come after that point in time. heh...

CJ

Cornflake
10-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Yeah, I just figure the rapture as the Christians vanishing, not anything flashy.

unshakeable15
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
What he got to saying was, isn't it our job to continue helping, and trying to save people even after the End Times begin, and we'll die however we die helping God?
you're right. :) the word "rapture" means something like "taking up" so that's what people have used to refer to God gathering up his flock.

if i remember correctly, the passage is about midway through Revelation. i'd need to check to make sure exactly where, but i don't exactly have the time right now. later tho, i promise. :)

TheFireBreathes
10-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I read in a book thingy I got in the mail about how it would make an awesome special effects movie for Hollywood. With the comet hitting the earth and the dragon coming from the sea... it would be a wild ride. hehehe.

CJ

Wait, a huge comets going to hit the earth?

terrasin
10-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Wormwood? It's a comet by description.

CJ

Aragornsgirl217
10-07-2005, 04:28 AM
and isn't the pit in which the demon locust's come out decribed as a comet, or as a star that fell from heaven? Like, before it became a pit, lol. :D

unshakeable15
10-07-2005, 01:10 PM
if i remember correctly, the passage is about midway through Revelation. i'd need to check to make sure exactly where, but i don't exactly have the time right now. later tho, i promise. :)
here's the passage i was talking about.

Revelation 14.14-20 (http://biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Revelation%2014:14-20;&version=31;)
"I looked, and there before me was a white cloud, and seated on the cloud was one 'like a son of man'" with a crown of gold on his head and a sharp sickle in his hand. Then another angel came out of the temple and called in a loud voice to him who was sitting on the cloud, 'Take your sickle and reap, because the time to reap has come, for the harvest of the earth is ripe.' So he who was seated on the cloud swung his sickle over the earth, and the earth was harvested.

"Another angel came out of the temple in heaven, and he too had a sharp sickle. Still another angel, who had charge of the fire, came from the altar and called in a loud voice to him who had the sharp sickle, 'Take your sharp sickle and gather the clusters of grapes from the earth's vine, because its grapes are ripe.' The angel swung his sickle on the earth, gathered its grapes and threw them into the great winepress of God's wrath. They were trampled in the winepress outside the city, and blood flowed out of the press, rising as high as the horses' bridles for a distance of 1,600 stadia."

Grunge=Fun
10-07-2005, 02:32 PM
yeah i believe it says in the bible that like, the christians wont be around to see tribulation so i believe in the rapture

Mr. Xcitement
10-08-2005, 08:22 PM
In the Christ Clone Trilogy the Rapture is unknown to people, when it comes, peoples souls go to God and their bodies are left, so the people left think the people just died, and they called it the...actually I kind of forget what they called it...but yeah, that's how it happens, and in after the people who start believing find a place of refuge where God keeps them safe.