Mr. Xcitement
10-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Could someone please tell me the book in the Bible with the famous love quote? and maybe even the exact lines? It's one of my favorites, and I can't recall where it is and I don't have the time to find it...I really should make the time though.

skynes
10-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Famous love quote? U mean 1st Corinthians 13?

TheFireBreathes
10-05-2005, 12:02 PM
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love I gain nothing Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away...And now these things remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
--1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 13

This the one?

drumchick101
10-05-2005, 04:23 PM
oo man, the whole chapter is good!!! not to mention the chaper before it is good too & then theres the ch after it...good stuff. alright, sry...i reely like ch 13, i got exited for a min there. im better ;D

but reely, you should get to know the whole chapter while ur @ it. this is the whole center of what Jesus was about & if you live by this chapter (or @ least ask God to help to do so) things will change for the better.

><sarah><

unshakeable15
10-05-2005, 09:39 PM
1 John 4.7-21 (http://biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20John%204:7-21;&version=31;) is also a good passage on love. but this one is about how God is love.

Mr. Xcitement
10-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Those verses are really good...I was thinking of another one though...maybe I'll have to look it up.

weebird20
10-06-2005, 01:06 PM
Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

Matthew 22:37-40, "Jesus replied: 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

do these help any?

theelectric3
10-06-2005, 09:41 PM
1 John 4.7-21 (http://biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20John%204:7-21;&version=31;) is also a good passage on love. but this one is about how God is love.

yes! and it is SO powerful to read 1 Corinthians. if you ever wonder about who God is and what He is like...read that chapter. because God is love.

RAMONES
12-20-2005, 07:33 AM
Could someone please tell me the book in the Bible with the famous love quote? and maybe even the exact lines? It's one of my favorites, and I can't recall where it is and I don't have the time to find it...I really should make the time though.

well mister... :afro: u've come to the love master^_^
here's a whole book devoted to love.
Song of Solomen
yes...this whole book is about love^_^

skilltroks
12-20-2005, 05:45 PM
All the 'famous' love passages I can find are in 1 Corinthians.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7:

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy,
it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is
not selfseeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record
of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but it rejoices
with truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always persevers.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy,
it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is
not selfseeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record
of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but it rejoices
with truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always persevers.

Luvnoswin2sayno
02-14-2006, 06:23 PM
there's a Petra song called Love based on I Corinthians 13
here it is

Love
Words and music by Bob Hartman
Based on 1 Corinthians 13

Love is patient, love is kind
No eyes of envy, true love is blind
Love is humble, it knows no pride
No selfish motive hidden inside
Love is gentle, makes no demands
Despite all wrong, true live still stands
Love is holy, love is pure
It lasts forever, it will endure

(Chorus)
Love knows when to let go
Love knows when to say no
Love grows in the light of the Son
And love shows the world that the Son of Love has come

Love is loyal, believes the best
It loves the truth, love stands the test
Love is God sent in His Son
Love forgives all we have done

In this world where hatred seems to grow
True love goes against the flow
And becomes so hard to show

In this world where push turns to shove
We have strength to rise above
Through the power of His love
Lord, we need to know the power of Your love

also for MORE song lyrics visit Petrarocksmyworld.com

or
alphabetized songs

http://petrarocksmyworld.com/lyrics_alphabetical.html

copy the URL tho.
\

i recommend these songs
http://petrarocksmyworld.com/onfire.html#first
http://petrarocksmyworld.com/nodoubt.html#worth
http://petrarocksmyworld.com/godfixation.html#ifihad

yeah.... First Love; For All You're Worth; If I Had to Die For Someone; i would recommend you check out their albums too.
bye you can find the link on the side of the opening page

Luvnoswin2sayno
02-14-2006, 06:24 PM
oh it's also in my siggy! WOO!

newday_7
02-14-2006, 09:28 PM

I just used that song in the bible study i lead (sorta) it was a good session

korey_cooper_jr
02-16-2006, 05:54 AM
If there was ever a song to be mentioned about love, it would definitely be Skillet's, "A Little More" :D

Aragornsgirl217
02-16-2006, 07:41 AM
^^Agreed

1 Corinthians 13 is my fav....I look at it to tell me wat I should look like, and what my husband should look like...

unshakeable15
02-16-2006, 03:42 PM
here it is
just so you know, you can easily post the song titles, or the titles and links to the lyrics. and it would take up about 10% of the space of posting the lyrics. :) and it it doesn't feel as if you're spamming the boards. :)

but good songs.

another one KCJr. is More Faithful. :) good song about Love.

korey_cooper_jr
02-16-2006, 06:35 PM
You know unshakeable, I was thinking about all the christian bands I listen to, and a lot of them have songs about love, or some form of love song. Whether it be "A Little More" by Skillet, "Getting Into You" by Relient K, or "Take You Back" by Jeremy Camp, all of these artist describe love through their lyrics in one way or another.

But why is there always a hint of love in all these christian band's songs? Because God is love.

Luvnoswin2sayno
02-17-2006, 09:50 AM
just so you know, you can easily post the song titles, or the titles and links to the lyrics. and it would take up about 10% of the space of posting the lyrics. :) and it it doesn't feel as if you're spamming the boards. :)

but good songs.

another one KCJr. is More Faithful. :) good song about Love.
alright. BUT i won't delete the lyrics to love.
::] mainly cuz it has to do with the thread and i like it so much .

unshakeable15
02-17-2006, 12:55 PM
wasn't asking you to. :) just letting you know for future reference.

too true Amelia. :) too true.

Luvnoswin2sayno
02-17-2006, 01:36 PM
wasn't asking you to. :) just letting you know for future reference.

too true Amelia. :) too true.
i know, but i felt bad for taking up space.
::]

korey_cooper_jr
02-20-2006, 03:05 AM
You know, I'm only 17, but I have always wondered what love felt like. I wanted to know so I wouldn't pass it up or the like.

Well, I was talking to my youth leader how I watched movies like The Notebook and felt that's how love should be. It's the things that are always in movies and those people call themselves "in love". He explained to me, that it was a part of it. But not over 1/3. He said it was like reaching into your pocket and finding a dollar. That feeling is awesome when you find it. But time after time, if you reach in and find nothing, you're gonna be disappointed.

So guess what I'm say is, Love just isn't the feeling. It's the action. It's showing you love someone, like respecting them, hearing what they have to say, etc. To me, that's what love is. Not the movie thing :P That's not even real life, haha.

drumchick101
02-20-2006, 10:57 AM
I must admit, I'm a 17 year old sucker as well ;). As much as I say I don't really want to date in high school...I still want to fall in love. It's all in being female, and I think I like it. Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorite movies, definetly my favorite romance movie.

I know what you're saying about loving being actions. I love to see stronger relationships come out of hardships, this is what makes relationships strong, I love it. It works that way with God too, Please see I'm walking into the eye of the storm
And I'll still come out loving You even more
"Eye of the Storm" by Blindside I have found this so many times with God, every trial I've gone though, I get so much closer to Him. This is for a number of different reasons, but it's true none the less.

Passing through the eye of the storm is the peaceful part, but you know that no matter which way you go out, it's going to be rough and it's going to be long(so you might as well move forward!). But you find the peace so nurturing that you stop to worship, and that's where the growing begins because you take worship with you through the rest of the storm, which is worship in itself.

But it also goes the other way with your spouse, you don't worship each other but you do fall more in love with each other, in a deeper way than the movies. Needless to say...I'm exited to watch the happen in my life someday. I know it will be rough in the process, but it will be irreplaceable and priceless afterwards.

><sarah><

korey_cooper_jr
02-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Well put drumchick101 :) I agree 100%. Thank you for sharing.

And I actually just borrowed Pride and Prejudice the book from our school Library. I had seen part of the movie on tv, and decided since it was such a big novel, why not read it. :D

But yeah, I had heard a long time ago that Korey Cooper didn't date in high school. That she wanted to wait for the right one. And when I heard how faithful she was like that, to not give herself away to every guy who came along, I decided I wanted to do the same. While I broke my past a few weeks ago to date a guy for about 5 days, I realized, I don't think my heart is done being shaped by God yet to just give it away. I don't think I'm done maturing and I have a lot of other things to focus on right now anyway.

I do get lonely sometimes, but I know God has a purpose, a plan, a calling for my life. I know he is shaping a guy's heart just for me, and vice-versa.

I had read an interview in the last CCM Magazine about how this wife said that she was glad she didn't know her husband back in school because she wouldn't have liked him. And while that might sound mean, what she meant was that, neither one was done growing up, and had different goals in life at that time. It wasn't time for them to meet and fall in love.

With that said, I'm going to try to do as Korey did, and save every special thing like my first kiss for my future husband, because I know I would want him to do the same. I don't want to waste my time or the other person's time if it's not meant to be.

unshakeable15
02-20-2006, 06:29 PM
here's another thought on love that i read recently (don't remember where. which is odd since i've not read much recently). it says that the feeling of love lasts 12-18 months into a relationship. so after that, you're either running on fumes or you're actively working on loving that person. it's not based on attraction alone any more.

disciple
02-20-2006, 07:12 PM
I know there are some people that don't realize that true love involves a sort of respect for one another. It kind of dawned on me this morning when I woke up, sadly inspired by my dreams. What I mean is, how can someone respect you if you can't respect yourself? I dunno, maybe I lost my train of thought there...

korey_cooper_jr
02-21-2006, 03:14 AM
What I mean is, how can someone respect you if you can't respect yourself?

Much agreed. I am one of those girls that don't dress as "skimpy" as the majority of girls do these days.... no offense to anyone. I just don't feel comfotable wearing such revealing clothes. I'm just a t-shirt-that-covers-my- entire-upper-portion-and-jeans-that-don't lower-when-I-sit-down kinda girl. I feel like when I dress down like that, that I'm not respecting myself, because I'm showing my body off. I want my future husband to love me for me, not because he noticed me because I was in a skimpy shirt :P That's just how I feel. :-\

drumchick101
02-21-2006, 12:10 PM
So..basically what you're saying is that you want him to love you for your beauty, not you body (in essence). I agree, I'm the conservative type as well. It just keeps things simple.

><sarah><