Isildur9473
10-09-2005, 07:29 PM
Why do you believe in God? What made you believe in him?

TheFireBreathes
10-09-2005, 07:43 PM
Hmm Im going to list:

My parents
Miracles
Love
The power of worship
evil
The Bible
amazing sunsets
prayer
Knowing that someone loved us enough to die on the cross for our sins
Science
Christian music
Natural phenomenons
...more to come

lamb_servant72
10-10-2005, 05:46 AM
I'd say the song "Collide" sums it up for me.

asparagus
10-10-2005, 02:28 PM
Because humans have a concept of eternity, but can't touch it.

Because humans have a concept of perfection, but can't reach it.

Because humans not only live in a fallen world, but also recognize that it is fallen.

theelectric3
10-10-2005, 04:30 PM
^ very true. i came to a place of realizing how imperfect and needy i was...

and learning of what He did for me was enough motivatation to get to know Him. why would He do that for me?...

and He is faithful to answer. :)

NightCrawler
10-10-2005, 05:18 PM
Because God, the Holy Spirit, drew me to Him.

unshakeable15
10-10-2005, 06:51 PM

Because humans not only live in a fallen world, but also recognize that it is fallen.
Alex's reasons are mine for why i continue in the times of doubt, after i've tasted Heaven.

but initially it was because i found myself lacking and only the God of my parents and church was the One in whom i saw the filling.

as~i~lay~dying
10-10-2005, 07:13 PM
because i felt totally emtpy/incomplete wihtout him...i tried to deny him for so long---trying to make a way for me not to have to answer to anyone...but God changed my heart~~~i totally didnt expect to ever come back to him~~~ and im happier than i ever was~~~=)

skilltroks
10-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Why do you believe in God? What made you believe in him?
The Holy Spirit.
Ok, really. I accepted the fact that there is a God and so forth when I was sorta semi anorexia, and felt like cutting myself, and decided I had nothing to lose.

deadb4dawn
11-09-2005, 02:41 PM

that is awsome. did u make that up? so kool!

TheFireBreathes
11-09-2005, 02:51 PM
"If I found a wristwatch in the middle of a field, I would not assume that it just “appeared” out of nowhere or that it had always existed. Based on the watch’s design, I would assume it had a designer. But I see far greater design and precision in the world around us. Our measurement of time is not based on wristwatches, but on God’s handiwork—the regular rotation of the earth (and the radioactive properties of the cesium-133 atom). The universe displays great design, and this argues for a Great Designer.

If I found an encoded message, I would seek out a cryptographer to help break the code. My assumption would be that there is an intelligent sender of the message, someone who created the code. How complex is the DNA “code” that we carry in every cell of our bodies? Does not the complexity and purpose of DNA argue for an Intelligent Writer of the code?" -Gotquestions.org
This about summons it up

alorian
11-09-2005, 03:55 PM
There's something deep inside that keeps my faith alive...

I was born into a "christian" family, for what that means. Church once in a while, never missing on easter or christmas.. you know, that stuff. But then one of my dad's co-workers refered us to a new church. I was coming into the beginning of adolecense, then.. (sorry guys, this is turning into a mini-testimony)

So I met this guy, a good friend I still have today, and we got to be friends. He helped lead me to Christ in a much more personal way, and skillet too :)

md4j
11-10-2005, 07:13 AM
Because of a tree.

skynes
11-10-2005, 07:23 AM
A Bmw R-80 Rt.

NightCrawler
11-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Because He enabled me.
John 6:65 (http://biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=50&chapter=6&verse=65&version=31&context=verse)

fromano
11-10-2005, 12:10 PM
see lyrics to this (http://www.christianrocklyrics.com/jonah33/faithlikethat.php) jonah33 song. u can listen to it here (http://www.purevolume.com/jonah33) this explains both where im at and why im there...

drumchick101
11-10-2005, 02:09 PM
He started it....*little kid voice*

><sarah><