TheFireBreathes
10-11-2005, 05:38 PM
So I found this pic online and the title for it was "Spiritual Warfare" though I don't know what each part of it symbolizes. The snake looks like the one from the Collide cover. What do you think?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y125/bobmarleysgnarley/spiritualwarfare.jpg

skynes
10-12-2005, 12:26 AM
I think this:

The person is a Christian, the light and the cross on their head symbolizes their Faith and a renewed mind.

However the serpent is Satan and he is holding that person in bondage to something. You'll notice that either he has no arms, or they're tied behind his back, this is to prevent him from resisting or fighting.

The snake is behind him, probably getting ready to attack from behind where the victim can't see.

It seems the lower part of his body is entangled, maybe to stop him walking with Christ and walking the narrow path.

Anyway that's what I see.

drumchick101
10-12-2005, 11:40 AM
ya, i think the same, exept i think its a christian who doesnt know that he can resist satan & satan will flee. therefore he has disables himself by not knowing who he is.

><sarah><

lamb_servant72
10-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Or, it could be someone who has been in bondage, but has just accepted Christ. The light is renewing his mind, and the serpent (sin, which he is bound by) is beginning to pull away (he is pulling back, looking up at the light, and not focusing quite so much on his "prey" anymore) because he knows he is losing now. He looks kindof startled (the tongue, pulling back, and looking up - almost as if the light is hurting him, maybe?).

TheFireBreathes
10-12-2005, 02:00 PM
I thought that too. And look at the guy, he's kind of looking away.

lamb_servant72
10-12-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah, maybe in reverance and relief, and he is humbled because he realizes what was done so he could be set free.

skynes
10-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Or he could be trying to hide from the light bcause it burns his eyes.

lamb_servant72
10-13-2005, 05:20 AM
Hey Brett, you could use something like this in your movie. I think it would be cool to make a movie where you see what's going on in the natural, showing day to day life, natural conflicts (include as many things in the plot line as you can so you can touch every one that watches, temptations kids face, addictions, work-a-holics, whatever else you come up with) and then, during conflicts, let this "veil" be lifted, so the viewer sees what's going on in the spirit world.

You would see alot of people like this man in the pic, or bound in chains. You could show Christians who have this sword (the Word of God) on their hip, but don't know enough about it to use it (maybe in the natural scenes, they don't read the Word or try to get anything out of church, etc).

You could show as they move through conflicts, maybe they give into temptation at first, but then as they realize they are addicted/in bondage, they begin to pray (now you see angels start fighting for them), and begin getting scripture in their head, and use it in the natural to fight temptation, and when you look in the spiritual, they are fighting off the snake with the sword.

Maybe every now and then between scenes (maybe you've got two story lines going on in two different parts of a city), whip out and show an arial view of the city in the spirit...it's covered in a cloud of darkness and you can see demons moving around all over the place, like it's completely covered.

I think at the end of the movie, Jesus comes in to wipe them out once and for all, and you've got this awesome climatic scene where you see the two edged sword coming out of his mouth, and demons start flying everywhere!

I realize I could have pm'd this, but I thought others could throw in their two cents.

When you become a rich and famous movie director, remember us!

skynes
10-13-2005, 07:08 AM
You could show Christians who have this sword (the Word of God) on their hip, but don't know enough about it to use it

Or cutting themselves with the sword or turning it on other believers.

lamb_servant72
10-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Hhmmm...I don't know. I have a hard time with the image of the actual Word of God hurting them or another believer. Maybe I don't understand what you meant.

Wait, I guess like how Satan used the Word to support his temptation of Jesus in the wilderness. Satan could try to tempt a believer to use the sword to accomplish Satan's purpose, and then if the believer listened to Satan, and thought it was okay because it was the Word of God, then he winds up getting hurt or hurting someone else.

Am I on the right track?

unshakeable15
10-13-2005, 03:44 PM
or, knowing Skynes, it could be that the Christians use the Word against other Christians to get them to believe what they believe about living the life (i.e. using the passage about women covering their heads to convince another Christian that women should do so during worship). or, in cutting themselves, they read a Scripture passage but misinterpret it to mean what it's not, and when they apply what they read, it causes harm to themselves because they misinterpreted/misread it.

TheFireBreathes
10-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey Brett, you could use something like this in your movie. I think it would be cool to make a movie where you see what's going on in the natural, showing day to day life, natural conflicts (include as many things in the plot line as you can so you can touch every one that watches, temptations kids face, addictions, work-a-holics, whatever else you come up with) and then, during conflicts, let this "veil" be lifted, so the viewer sees what's going on in the spirit world.

You would see alot of people like this man in the pic, or bound in chains. You could show Christians who have this sword (the Word of God) on their hip, but don't know enough about it to use it (maybe in the natural scenes, they don't read the Word or try to get anything out of church, etc).

You could show as they move through conflicts, maybe they give into temptation at first, but then as they realize they are addicted/in bondage, they begin to pray (now you see angels start fighting for them), and begin getting scripture in their head, and use it in the natural to fight temptation, and when you look in the spiritual, they are fighting off the snake with the sword.

Maybe every now and then between scenes (maybe you've got two story lines going on in two different parts of a city), whip out and show an arial view of the city in the spirit...it's covered in a cloud of darkness and you can see demons moving around all over the place, like it's completely covered.

I think at the end of the movie, Jesus comes in to wipe them out once and for all, and you've got this awesome climatic scene where you see the two edged sword coming out of his mouth, and demons start flying everywhere!

I realize I could have pm'd this, but I thought others could throw in their two cents.

When you become a rich and famous movie director, remember us!

Wow that is really amazing how close you came to my plot. But thanks, that just opened up like a whole new world of imagination for my movie :) . When you were saying how when the poeple began to pray and then it shows the angels fighting. Well if you wanted to be very artistic, it would show the person praying say in his/her room or at church then the time stops and and it shows the angels and the demons fighting. Everything except for the angels and the demons turn a dark black and the person just becomes a dark sillouette (sp?) so the angel stands out more.

Spiffles
10-13-2005, 10:57 PM
hrm..
maybe the picture is meant to mean something different to each individual. The great thing about art is, that is can have different meanings and not any of the meanings are wrong.

For me, I think it symbolizes the struggle between giving yourself fully to God and giving yourself to worlding things because of the deception the serpant is pulling over him, and the person there is torn as to what he should do...

skynes
10-14-2005, 12:35 AM
or, knowing Skynes, it could be that the Christians use the Word against other Christians to get them to believe what they believe about living the life (i.e. using the passage about women covering their heads to convince another Christian that women should do so during worship). or, in cutting themselves, they read a Scripture passage but misinterpret it to mean what it's not, and when they apply what they read, it causes harm to themselves because they misinterpreted/misread it.

Give that man a cookie. That's exactly what I meant.

Elaborating on it further:

Some Christians have this attitude of "if you do such and such, you're not a Christian and if you don't do such and such you're not a Christian" and they end up using Scripture to tear down other believers. (attacking another believer with the sword)

As for the harming yourself, the best one I can think of is the Unforgiveable Sin, which a Christian can't do, yet after reading it they think they can and have done it, so they end up living in continual fear and anxiety. (attacking yourself with the sword)

Both sides make them of little use to God.

Mr. Xcitement
10-14-2005, 01:32 AM
I've always wanted to make a movie, but I'm not too good at writing...actually I wouldn't mind writing a book either, only thing I can never get started, and I've had so many ideas...oddly I get them all from music.

TheFireBreathes
10-14-2005, 01:34 PM
I've always wanted to make a movie, but I'm not too good at writing...actually I wouldn't mind writing a book either, only thing I can never get started, and I've had so many ideas...oddly I get them all from music.

That is the exact same with me, especially in school papers. Once Im finished with the topic sentance, Im on a roll.

unshakeable15
10-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Give that man a cookie. That's exactly what I meant.
yeah! i get a cookie. :) i guess that means i should eat lunch first so i don't ruin it with the "snack" before the "main course." ;)

lamb_servant72
10-16-2005, 04:46 AM
**crosses arms and pouts**Well, I still think what I said and what Scott said go hand in hand.

Where do you think that deceit comes from to make people believe like the Pharisees? Where do you think the PRIDE comes from that causes them to behave that way?

Maybe I'm wrong. I guess there's probably a debate somewhere on these boards concerning what is caused by Satan and what is attributed to human nature.

Okay, okay, I see how we can be talking about two seperate things.**uncrosses arms**

skynes
10-16-2005, 07:34 AM
Both can be caused by human nature and both can be influenced by Satan, but something of it would already need to be there for him to influence it.

JustJill
10-17-2005, 08:37 PM
I feel so left out...how do you see the Pic????

skynes
10-18-2005, 12:24 AM
On the first page it should load automatically.