panhead_91
10-19-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey guys,

I have been going through some issues pleaze pray that God gives me the stranth to get through them!

drumchick101
10-19-2005, 12:31 PM
woo hoo! surfin in the grow zone....ya. ok, allow me to translate. your going through stuff & ya, it sucks cause you would much rather life be easy but this is what ive come to call "the grow zone" 'cause this is where God stretches you. the funny thing is that you think you don't have the strength now & you might not even have the strength now. but you will aquire that strength as you go. it is the hardest times that you either shrink & die, or rise to meet the challenge. it is the hard things that bring out the best in you if you fight like the warrior God has made you to be. &, of corse, God will never give you more than you can handle, just waaay mor than you think you can handle. just keep positive & reliant on God cause that's another reason why He does these things: to make sure you remember that you need Him.

><sarah><

ps. dont let the devil screw around w/ your head. i know he does that to me all the time & being a girl he will try your emotions plenty to fool you into thinking this is worse than it is. if he hasn't done it already, trust me, he will. stay strong in His mighty power and put on the full armor of God so that you can with stand the attacks of the evil one.

panhead_91
10-19-2005, 12:51 PM
well... yeah umm.... pleaze allow me to translate 4 my self basicly i have been trying to stop doing drugs and i want prayer that i wont go back into it

TheFireBreathes
10-19-2005, 01:28 PM
Ill be prayin for you Tiffany.

panhead_91
10-19-2005, 01:35 PM
thankz guys!

alorian
10-19-2005, 04:42 PM
Yeah, I definetly will.

panhead_91
10-20-2005, 12:04 PM
thankz guys

alorian
10-20-2005, 03:18 PM
How ya doin' so far?

panhead_91
10-20-2005, 03:40 PM
umm better i guess see the thing is I just cant seem to say know when someoen offers me some drugs or says u comeing to my party this weekend

alorian
10-20-2005, 03:45 PM
What you need to do, then, is not hang around with these people. I'd recommend you distance yourself from these friends and find more security and growth in God, so that you WILL be able to say no, nah, or i don't feel like it.

To quote you, "Go after him with all u have". That's the best advice I can give you, and to pray, which I'll be doing for you :)

panhead_91
10-20-2005, 03:48 PM
thanks so much and yea i have been trying to stay away from them but it so hard expealy when they come up to me at school and slip a beg of weed in my locker

alorian
10-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Yeah, I s'pose it would be...

Well, you've taken the first step: you want to stop. Pray about it constantly. With God in the presence of your mind, and with the Holy Spirit flowing through you, there's not much room left for sin, so try focus on doing that. Try to make God your addiction, one to replace the one you've got.

It sounds like you want friends, and these people are the ones that you have. Their road, though, is one to pain and despair, whereas the one you're choosing to take will bring you peace, joy, and love.

Persevere, stand and stay strong, do your best not to falter. Give the weed back, say you're not in the mood for any, or something like that.

Find a good, strong person you can talk to, trust in. Someone firmly rooted in God, so that you can get spiritual wisdom on this, on how to beat this addiction.

If you don't have anyone like that right now, it can be a real pain. Some people will say "go to you local church and talk to the pastor or some other dude that's there". It's not that easy to trust a total stranger like that, though. Your best defense, though, is not to run, but to take it up to God, and reside in Him. Your family is good support, too.

If you ever need someone to talk to, just to spout something off, or to seek wisdom or whatever, I'm here. You can pm or email me.

panhead_91
10-20-2005, 04:01 PM
thanks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much

theelectric3
10-20-2005, 07:08 PM
great advice seth. :)

alorian
10-20-2005, 07:36 PM
Not mine, just something a certain loving saviour has given me and told me to say.

I'm prayin' for you tiff, hope everything goes well tomorrow. I'm prayin' for it :)

(ha, you don't mind if i call you tiff, do you? heheh)

Spiffles
10-20-2005, 11:06 PM
I'll be praying for you.. I guess the best advice I can give is to get around people that influence you in a positive way.

God Bless,

lamb_servant72
10-21-2005, 05:43 AM
That was great, Seth. I was thinking this morning about how in each place I lived God gave me a special Christian friend. I really believe this helped me stay on the straight and narrow.

Tiffany, I pray God will send you a special, Christian friend.

From what I have witnessed, the friendship link is the most difficult of people who are trying to stop drugs. I know it's hard when all of your friends do it.

I pray you will stay strong, cut these ties, and find your strength in Him.

drumchick101
10-21-2005, 08:33 AM
well... yeah umm.... pleaze allow me to translate 4 my self basicly i have been trying to stop doing drugs and i want prayer that i wont go back into it

i still think what i said applies. you've takes a step to overcome this and in that, you are DEF in the grow zone. & the whole warrior thing? i think that applies the most because, obviously, this isn't going to be easy. satan is still going to try and get into your head and tell you that this is harder than it is. he will most def make everything you're trying to get away from look so much better than where you're trying to get, & that's getting free.

i know how much "saying no" seems so imposible. you dont want to have to answer them when they ask "what's happened to u? what happened to the old, more fun you?" dont listen to a word of it. as seth said, its only destruction and despair. God is going to take this addiction and help you conquer it. & in that He will change you and make you stonger. the fight is hard, but as you know, it will be worth it in the end.

i encourage you to find a church youth group or something. but i'm with what seth said, you don't have to go in there and share your life story with them just because they say they want to help. but being in that atmosphere may encourage you all on it's own. try to get into the presence of God as much as you can and soak yourself into the Bible, this is where u'll find your strength. where is the presence of God? any time you dare to talk to Him, He's there. in church, when the play music and worship, He's there. at random points in the day when something strangly good happens that you can't explin...He's there.

im prayin for ya.& ya, even tho seth already said it, u can talk to me as well...but then again, ull find that there are many ppl of the boards that will say the same ;D

><sarah><

lamb_servant72
10-21-2005, 09:06 AM
I like your "grow zone" Sarah! I meant to send you a pm about that, but I've been having some computer problems, and I just remembered I never did go back and send that.

TheFireBreathes
10-21-2005, 11:47 AM
God will sustain you. Don't give up. Don't quit. With God on your side, the principle is easy: if you fight, you win. The only way to lose is to surrender to your enemy. So don't give up. God is with you. You will make it through and it will be better on the other side.

Im still praying for ya bud. Stay Strong.

panhead_91
10-21-2005, 11:57 AM
thankz guys i am doing a little better but now i have another addiction starting pleaze pray!!

ChildOfChrist
10-21-2005, 01:26 PM
I'm prayin' ^^

panhead_91
10-21-2005, 03:46 PM
thankz guys :)

shayling
10-23-2005, 03:50 PM
it's great that you want prayer i will totally be praying for you. i am fasting now and praying for my generation and i can fill you in.
God bless stay strong
:afro: :azn: :)