TheFireBreathes
10-19-2005, 02:42 PM
"Is it our responsibility to break through people’s walls of silence or is it their responsibility to reveal why they are silent? Or do we both have the responsibility?"

I dont think its are responsibility but i think we should, does anyone know any bible verses to help me with my responce?

alorian
10-19-2005, 04:12 PM
When's it due by? This'll take a little research, by me anyway...

NightCrawler
10-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Could you make the questions more clear? I want to make sure you are talking about the same 'walls of silence' as I am.

Cuz, if they are introverted, they won't be wanting to talk and be with dozens of people all the time. But it is perfectly fine and not to cause concern. However, if they are not talking about a certain area of their lives, then I think it is God's place to work in their hearts and the spirit will move on the right inclinations: either you break the wall, or he breaks the wall, given on what is right.

I can't think of any verses, though. Except technically about confessing your sins to your brethren.... which would be HIS duty and responsiblity to come to you to break the silence and everything.

alorian
10-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Yeah, making the question more specific would make it worlds easier.

TheFireBreathes
10-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Sorry, what I ment was Bible verses about helping people, I actually found one from acts 30:35 I think. Thanks though

lamb_servant72
10-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey Brett, I had alittle trouble finding Acts 30:35, could you clarify the verse, too? :)

TheFireBreathes
10-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Sorry that I goofed on that one. It was Acts 20:35 "”In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.”

People in my class were arguing weather it is our responsibility to help someone if they are lost. Eg: they are too afraid to tell anyone or speak up about their problems. I thought it should be our responsibility to help those people find Jesus, or at least pray for them. If that made any sence. Were also reading a book called Speak so if any of you have read that you may know where we got this from.

alorian
10-20-2005, 07:40 PM
Sorry, can't help you much. What I can say is that it's up to God what to do. Pray about it: if God tells you that you've got something to do, then do it. If God tells you to talk to a person, then do it. Just follow his plan. Specific verses? I'm really not sure, though 1 Corinthians is ringing a bell. I know that chapter three talks about works, but that may not be exactly right what you're looking for... maybe it's later in 1 corinthians. I'll tell you if i find it, though :)

skynes
10-21-2005, 12:25 AM
I don't think you can make a formula on it. If people keep themselves it's for a reason, some will need others to approach them on it, some just need people to patient until they're ready to speak up.

We are supposed to pray however. But I think until God tells you what to do you should do nothing but pray.

lamb_servant72
10-21-2005, 05:24 AM
I agree with Scott and Seth. God is so vast and knows what each person needs and their circumstances. I believe if we are maintaining our relationship with Him and spending time with Him then He will tell us in each situation what to do.

However, there is scripture to support confronting brothers in Christ who are in sin, and there is scripture that requires us to give (one of my personal favorites is Luke 3:11, "...Let the man who has two tunics share with him who has none; and let him who has food do likewise.")

This ties into what Seth and Scott said, God shows us these needs, and we are required to respond. (See James 2:15-26 for more on that.)

TheFireBreathes
10-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Awesome thanks everyone! I just turned it in and hopefully I should get it back in 2 weeks or so. I really enjoy seeing the teachers coments on your paper when you but Bible verses in them