the_jesta
10-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Skillet takes way too long to fill us in on what's going on...

korey_cooper_jr
10-22-2005, 10:47 AM
They probably are just doing concerts right now, nothing really big to say. They mention they'd be in the studio recording in December or so. So I'm sure they're getting ready for that.

theelectric3
10-22-2005, 12:45 PM
well, let's remember that john and korey had a little boy added to their family and they've been doing a lot of shows. you can only do what you can do...but they do try considering the circumstances.

they are hoping to get into the studio nov/dec (last i heard) and started recording their next release. so they are spending off time practicing new material and spending time with family and friends.

so please be patient with them.

Stridergorn
10-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Lori and John both said they were hoping to have a new album out for us by the beginning of next year. I know it's been a long time, but it can't really be helped, what with Xavier and everything. Lori also mentioned that they might be doing a DVD with their videos,and behind-the-scenes stuff, and some other stuff I forgot. That would seriously rock.

terrasin
10-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Ok, lets take a gander at what it would look like...

Week 1: Writing music
Week 2: Still writing music
Week 3: See above
etc

If they have nothing to report that is new, why bother?

CJ

the_jesta
10-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Man, I didn't think this post would be met with such hostility. I was merely remarking that I would like to hear something from them. Like the emails they send out that maybe don't even have any news, but just says what they have been doing, recent shows they have had,and maybe an inspirational word or two... Sorry people, didn't mean to get everyone riled up.

theelectric3
10-31-2005, 05:21 PM
sorry, didn't mean to come off harsh. i must have just read your post wrong. skillet has so much going on (gearing up to record new music, a new addition to the Cooper family) that i didn't want people to start attacking them by falsely accusing them of not caring about their fans.

amodman
11-04-2005, 09:44 PM
I really don't even care. I love Collide and when a new cd comes it comes :). It's best not to get too obsessive over bands coming out with albums every other year or more. I'd much rather have a well-developed album that had all the effort a group wanted to put into it rather than something rushed out the door to please the fans ;). As long as I get my cornerstone show and random peep from the band now and then I'm happy enuf', heh.

the_jesta
11-05-2005, 11:32 AM
Oh I'm not pushing for a new album every year and a half. I'm just saying I'd like to hear from them.

theelectric3
11-10-2005, 08:18 PM
looks like you got your wish in your inbox today (if you are on their mailing list). korey left us all a note. :)

the_jesta
11-10-2005, 08:41 PM
:D Yes I did. I love what she wrote. Those emails are why I love Skillet. Besides the music, of course...

bob
11-10-2005, 09:20 PM
Ah, Battle Cry, I already have a ticket to it. I'm glad she mentioned it. I can't wait for it.

theelectric3
11-10-2005, 10:36 PM
i've already been recomended to read "Battle Cry"...sounds like an incredible book. so korey's recomendations confirms the need to read it. :)

and yes, i love what she wrote... such an incredible woman.

project
11-13-2005, 01:17 PM
hey dose anyone know if there coming to canada?

theelectric3
11-13-2005, 01:18 PM
check their tour scheduale on their site to see. that's the only way to find out.

or get some churches together and bring them to canada. :)