Divine Mystery
10-26-2005, 12:56 AM
Hello. I hope this topic isn't against the rules. If so, I apologize.

I am sure most Skillet fans here own these, (and that this has probably been talked about before) but I haven't been to the "Music" portion of this site in a long time. I noticed "AY: Limited Edition". I know I saw that listed on the site when I first became a fan (about four years ago), but probably thought I'd look into it later. I guess I forgot about it (again as I haven't been to that part of the site in a long while).

Is there any way of obtaining that CD, as well as other hard-to-find Skillet music? I sampled the songs (as well as the songs from the AY acoustic DVD...[yet another thing I do not own, unfortunately] and the songs (particularly Heaven In My Veins...very funky material) I liked very much.

I do own all of their other albums, I will say that. I am not that far out of the loop, heh...

Anyway, anyone's thoughts would be appreciated. I apologize for such ignorance. :/

alorian
10-26-2005, 05:40 PM
No worries :) not from me anyway ;)

As far as I know, if you own one, you are lucky. Try ebay? :-\

theelectric3
10-26-2005, 11:25 PM
yeah, if you pre-ordered AY you got that cd. but since then, i don't know of it being available unless someone is selling it on ebay. sorry i'm not much help. :-\

will
10-27-2005, 12:33 AM
My email to Ardent Records (August, 2005):Four years after the release, we still get a lot of requests over at
Panheads.org from people looking for the Limited Edition CD that was
released with Alien Youth. I had talked with Christine about it a
year or so ago, and she said even Ardent didn't have any more
copies. I then asked her about releasing those two songs ("Heaven In
My Veins" and "Always the Same") online in their entirety, but never
got the final approval (I think she was waiting to talk with John Fry
about it). I can't really remember if I ever talked to Cooper about
it or not, but even if I did I don't remember what his opinion on it
was. I just received another email yesterday from someone asking
where to get the CD, so I figured I'd check with you guys again and
see about releasing these songs online.

Thanks,
WillThe reply: Hey Will!

Thanks for such a great suggestion! I had actually forgotten about those
tracks! :) We will definitely put these up for digital download... It
will take a few months, but I'll let you know and will also post it on
Ardent's website once they are available.

Thank you for all your support!
I've not heard anything more about it, but had actually forgotten about it and didn't follow up on my end. I'll see about doing that.

Maugrim
10-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Wow, cool. Then I can finally legally have them in a few months.

theelectric3
10-29-2005, 03:45 PM
glad to hear ardent is willing to release those online. :)

timmyrotter
10-29-2005, 04:21 PM
they arent anything too exciting, thats probably why they didnt make the cut.

theelectric3
10-29-2005, 06:13 PM
actually, Heaven in my veins was supposed to be on AY but they didn't like the final mix (even though they really liked the song) - and they didn't have time to get it re-mixed.

Unregistered
10-30-2005, 12:33 PM
Post it on here when we can download them! I REALLY want to hear these songs.

saulg
10-30-2005, 05:49 PM
you can download some songs from my server.. since i am located in Guatemala Central America is totaly legal to download music from my server... i will try to put those rare songs this week in the mean while you can download some other mp3 i am sharing there i am sure you will like the mp3s i have there...

i removed the url. read below for why.
-unshakeable

this is the address to downlload

unshakeable15
10-30-2005, 07:40 PM
unfortunately, Saul, most of the people on Panheads.org are located in the United States (with a smattering of Canada, Australia and Great Britain), where it is illegal to share music files.

so, no file sharing.

saulg
10-31-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah, i know, but i have a friend who is a law student and told me that because the physical location of the files is outside the U.S. there is no real problem with that... BUT because i am a good boy i wont share my address... for the us people.. and dont know if there is any problem with the non us people... and dont know.. email me

yep
11-04-2005, 09:50 PM
1. Heaven In My Veins is awesome.
2. Always The Same isn't.
3. Last Day Of Summer, from the Surfonic Water Revival cd, is quite possibly one of Skillet's best songs. Try to find it.
4. Skillet's version of "Stand" on the VeggieRocks! cd is shocking cool.
5. There are alternate versions of The One, Savior and Will You Be There for radio.
6. I keep meaning to rip the acoustic songs from the DVD to my computer for listening purposes. Ah, macintosh...

Skillet - please release a double-disc "10 years in the frying pan" record with one disc "best of" and one disc "rare and unreleased." Also, please include a DVD with all of your music videos (excepting Alien Youth, which is terrible), live footage, a Skillet "family tree" and some other junk. Thank you.

the_jesta
11-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Umm there is also a heinous version of Under My Skin for radio. Don't waste your time on it. Freaking CCM...

skilltroks
11-05-2005, 12:23 PM
I have a cd of some rare mixes of some song. Does anyone want it? I paid a large sum of it, therefore I'm selling it for a large sum.

saulg
11-05-2005, 07:28 PM
1. Heaven In My Veins is awesome. I HAVE IT
2. Always The Same isn't. I HAVE IT
3. Last Day Of Summer, from the Surfonic Water Revival cd, is quite possibly one of Skillet's best songs. Try to find it. AWSOME SONG, I HAVE IT
4. Skillet's version of "Stand" on the VeggieRocks! cd is shocking cool. ONE OF THE BEST SONGS I'VE EVER HEARD... AWSOME
5. There are alternate versions of

The One HAVE IT
Savior I REALLY NEED THIS SONG PLEASE, SOMEONE...
and Will You Be There for radio. I HAVE IT

6. I keep meaning to rip the acoustic songs from the DVD to my computer for listening purposes. Ah, macintosh...

I HAVE THIS ACOUSTIC SONGS RIPPED... can i share this songs on my website??? ADMINS??!!!

ONE OF THE BEST IDEAS I'VE EVER HEARD... AWSEME.. I DONT KNOW WHO WROTE THIS BUT WOW... AWSOME IDEA.. LOL

Skillet - please release a double-disc "10 years in the frying pan" record with one disc "best of" and one disc "rare and unreleased." Also, please include a DVD with all of your music videos (excepting Alien Youth, which is terrible), live footage, a Skillet "family tree" and some other junk. Thank you.

#1Grandma
11-05-2005, 07:52 PM
Does anyone know how to get the Surfonic Revival CD? I as well love Last Day of Summer and would like to have the cd.

theelectric3
11-05-2005, 10:27 PM
I HAVE THIS ACOUSTIC SONGS RIPPED... can i share this songs on my website??? ADMINS??!!!

until we have written/typed permission from the band and their label saying it is "ok"...i wouldn't encourage that. maybe when ardent puts the cd with heaven in my veins and always the same online, they can put the acoustic songs on there too... i'll ask will about that.

skilltroks
11-06-2005, 09:00 AM
Does anyone know how to get the Surfonic Revival CD? I as well love Last Day of Summer and would like to have the cd.
amazon.com has a couple used ones for less then $2.

Unregistered
11-08-2005, 12:12 PM
I have a cd of some rare mixes of some song. Does anyone want it? I paid a large sum of it, therefore I'm selling it for a large sum.

What song is it?

nukrof
11-11-2005, 02:35 AM
I ended up buying the AY: Rare cuts cd on ebay, i went nuts to get it. I spent like 40 bucks for the two tracks! I realllly wanted it as you can tell. Heaven in my veins is one of Skillets best songs. I bought the whole veggie rocks cd just for "stand" and they are the only rare songs I've got. I can't wait for some new skillet material man!