petrameansrock
10-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Well some of my friends are into this cutting thing, and its real confusing. anyone can help?

Isildur9473
10-27-2005, 07:52 PM
Pray with her. I guess all you can do is confide in God, and hope that she cowboys up.

theelectric3
10-27-2005, 08:37 PM
the fact that she gets all worked up over one person not liking her shows there is more going on besides "not fitting in." the bummer part about it is that we will never make every person happy.

i think something that will help is to show Christ's love, to tell her how proud of her you are. to build her up. compliment different things...like, if she is an artist or something - compliment on her work. she appears to constantly remind herself of the negative/imperfect parts of her...she needs to be reminded of all her good qualities.

i'm not saying it is up to you alone, but for all her friends. sure it still hurts to feel rejected, but it helps to know there are others who believe in you.

and of course, pray with her (if she is open to it) and for her. remind her of our Heavenly Father who knows what it feels like to be rejected by everyone...and how much He loves her and finds value and beauty in her.

skynes
10-28-2005, 12:18 AM
Why don't you try giving her a challenge.

Tell her that everytime she says something negative to you about herself or another person she must immediately follow it up with a Positive statement about that person or thing. (Nicked off Webird ;))

It sounds like alot of this is programmed in. She's spent so long thinking negatively about herself that she doesn't know how to think positive, she's set up her brain to ALWAYS think the worst of herself no matter what happens.

She needs a renewing of her mind.

theelectric3
10-28-2005, 11:14 AM
good advice scott.

as~i~lay~dying
10-28-2005, 07:02 PM
i used to have a friend that cut...and she knew how much it hurt us(me and my friend) but that didnt make her stop we made her sit thru many "lectures" and u kno what? it didnt help...she was SOOO depressed..then finally she wnet to this awesome youth confernece and gave it all up! it was amazing+ i didnt think it was possible but we kno anything is possible with God...so she doesnt do it anymore shes still temtped sumtimes...if i were you i would see if theres going to be any confermences or seminars for youth and take her! i will be praying for the situation =)

newday_7
10-28-2005, 09:01 PM
I don't know how much this might help, cuz i don't know her, but i think you could tell her it's ok, like... it's ok to not be the best or it's ok to have flaws, i mean we all have them and i think maybe (not totally sure) one of the reasons she gets down on herself when she messes up might be because she doesn't know that it's ok..(if that makes sence) and let her know that she's still loved inspite of her flaws and her worth isn't determined by what she does or who likes her or what she looks like, but because of who God is and what He did for her

completely_nuts
10-29-2005, 10:18 AM
Last year I had a friend who was just like that. Another friend and I went to ask the principal (we go to a christian school, so he was a good person to ask) what we should do, fully intending to keep it anonymous. But he made us tell, he confronted her, she denied everything, cussed him out, and stomped out of the school. I have no idea if she ever got help. But I'm not saying that you shouldn't consult an adult, it was probably the most helpful thing we could have done. her parents found out, her counsellor found out, and even if she did hate us and she did insult us to her friends (who still all hate us), I think that because her secret was uncovered, it did initiate some kind of intercessory action.