petrameansrock
10-27-2005, 07:22 PM
I have two groups of friends. One consists of Shelby, Veronica and Me; and one consists of Jennifer, Daphne, and Alicia. The only link between these two groups are me and Veronica, we are friends with all of them. My dilemma is that Shelby HATES Jen and Daphne and Jen and Daphne hate Shelby. How do i divide me time between them? If I spend time with one group, the other gets jealous because im "ignoreing" them. But if I get them together they would kill each other. any ideas?

Isildur9473
10-27-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah, talk to em and tell em that's who you are. If they can't accept that, they obviously don't care so much about you, but the problem between them.

theelectric3
10-27-2005, 08:41 PM
i agree. talk between the two groups and tell them how you enjoy the friendships made. but at the same time, you shouldn't be required to be friends with only one group.

as much as we tend to like our little groups, it's not healthy to stick to that group and exclude others from entering in...who simply want a friend too.

skynes
10-28-2005, 12:19 AM
If one group tells you to not associate with the other. Then abandon that group totally. A friend would share their concerns, but they would not tell you who you can and cannot be friends with. If they do then they're not friends and not worth bothering with.

lamb_servant72
10-28-2005, 04:48 AM
That's a tough place to be. I went through something similar, and it was hard when friend #1 would accuse me of being disloyal if I did anything with friend #2. I got tired of hearing friend #1 complain about friend #2. Friend #1 became so possesive, it began to make me very uncomfortable. She said to me one day, "If you're going to play with her Barbies, you can't play with mine." This was an adult woman with children! I finally had to end the friendship. It was the only friendship I have ever had to end and it was really hard.

If your friends are putting you in a hard position, I would wonder if they are true friends.

BarlowgIRL
10-29-2005, 02:40 PM
Do the groups hang out in different areas?(I am asuming this is at school)I hae friends all over my school. I will eat my lunch by the cafeteria with one group then, on the way to the other side of the school, stop by and talk with some other friends. i usually hang out with the friends on the other side of the school until the bell rings. that way I see all my friends and they're not all in one group. try setting aside different times for different friends.

Isildur9473
10-30-2005, 07:55 PM
Do the groups hang out in different areas?(I am asuming this is at school)I hae friends all over my school. I will eat my lunch by the cafeteria with one group then, on the way to the other side of the school, stop by and talk with some other friends. i usually hang out with the friends on the other side of the school until the bell rings. that way I see all my friends and they're not all in one group. try setting aside different times for different friends.

Or instead of going behind the backs of one group to socialize with the others, lay down the law. Tell em that you'll never talk to em again unless they act like they're older than 6.

BarlowgIRL
11-02-2005, 02:41 PM
How is that going behind the backs of your friends?

Isildur9473
11-02-2005, 03:36 PM
How is that going behind the backs of your friends?

Because you're hanging out with 2 different groups of people without telling the other group, and the 2 groups hate each other. Just be straight with them, and tell them if they really value your friendship, to stop acting like their in the first grade.

BarlowgIRL
11-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Okay, so i'm gonna just say that if one group hates the other and vise versa, then why do you hang out with them if they're not true friends? ANd if that means losing all but one friend is it really that bad?

deadb4dawn
11-05-2005, 08:06 PM
ur friends should not care whou hang out with. god wants everybody to be friends with everybody. like i have a friend who is very raciest and is homofobic, but one of my best friends is gay. they dont get along at all but they live with it. i dont like either other the way they are but god wants people to love everybody.