alorian
10-29-2005, 08:33 PM
It just occurred to me that we don't have a thread on leadership, which struck me as odd, so I'm making one right now :)

The life of a leader can be a lonely one, as far as understanding human companionship is concerned, so I thought I'd create this thread as a place for leaders to go to discuss anything they need as far a leadership is concerned...

newday_7
10-29-2005, 08:50 PM
i just went to this sorta seminar thingy at my church last night and all today and it was for the leaders of the church. it talked about "setting your church free" it was interesting but it was mostly watching these movies of this guy speaking so it got a bit boring at times, a few people had trouble staying awake through it all. i was also the youngest person there.

theelectric3
10-30-2005, 11:21 AM
good idea seth, thanks for creating this. :)

the importance of filling a leadership position is almost endless, but can be summed up in one phrase: a leader is the servant of all.

so many times people equate leaders will authority, being high on the social ladder. but Jesus demonstrates for us the perfect leader.

1 Corinthians 10:23-33 is a great passage for believers to remember - especially those who are in a leadership position (IMO).

unshakeable15
10-30-2005, 08:01 PM
and, remarkably, it wasn't just Jesus who said a leader should serve. Lao Tzu wrote the same thing (Number 66 of the Tao Te Ching):

All streams flow to the sea
because it is lower than they are.
Hummility gives it its power.

If you want to govern the people,
you must place yourself below them.
If you want to lead the people,
you must learn how to follow them.

The Master is above the people,
and no one feels oppressed.
She goes ahead of the people,
and no one feels manipulated.
The whole world is grateful to her.
Because she competes with no one,
no one can compete with her.

skynes
10-31-2005, 12:37 AM
A leader creates more leaders.
A leader can only give what he himself has.

That would be all I have to say right now...