bob
10-31-2005, 04:41 PM
A new movie . . . http://www.wrathofbush.com/ yay for more biased, twisted "facts" being put into a video . . . seriously, when will Michael Moore stop?

skilltroks
10-31-2005, 04:50 PM
When we stop paying attention to him. Seriously, The Sundance Film Fest. needs to stop giving him rewards for making treason-ish movies/films.

bob
10-31-2005, 04:53 PM
I think Americans will never stop watching him because they have no idea what is truthful these days and they'll listen to anything they think sounds good . . .

Isildur9473
10-31-2005, 04:56 PM
I hate that guy. He's loud and obnoxious. Bush isn't a good President, but hey, one movie's enough. I did like his movie Bowling for Columbine, just so I could see Charlton Heston say "The reason we have so many murders in this country is because of minorities." The NRA pwns hardcore.

NightCrawler
10-31-2005, 05:00 PM
Just ignore him. Do not be filled with hate. Just say "His banter isn't worth our time listening to"... and get on a new topic. Do this repeatedly. If even most people do this (not all), it will annoy and ruin him the most.

riz
11-01-2005, 02:03 AM
Bowling for Columbine's ending was a cheap shot against Charleton Heston imo. Sure you can bring up his words, but to confront him and sink to his level was not smart on Michael Moore's part. That was a great movie until that last scene.

All his movies are manipulation plain and simple. They are meant to get people angry. Especially if they don't agree with what he thinks.

NightCrawler
11-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Just ignore him, and have others do similarly.

bob
11-01-2005, 03:10 PM
well, I still think it's rediculous how stupid his movies are . . . he's just a fat man who won't get a real job.

Isildur9473
11-01-2005, 03:17 PM
well, I still think it's rediculous how stupid his movies are . . . he's just a fat man who won't get a real job.

On that picture it looks like he's lost a bit of weight.

alorian
11-01-2005, 03:23 PM
I saw on a t-shirt "Michael Moore is fat" and it shows a cartoon version of him stuffing his face with a huge pile of food next to him.

TheFireBreathes
11-01-2005, 04:03 PM
Gosh that man annoys me. He thinks he has the right facts but all he does is grab them and change them around to make them fit him. Kinda like Hollywood films. I think I have decided I am going to make a documentary against him and show the real Truth, I doubt Hollywood would except it ha.

NightCrawler
11-01-2005, 11:03 PM
The only reason I want this thread to live is so people will read the genius (yes, I might sound arrogant) of what I said. IGNORE HIM AND HAVE OTHERS DO SIMILAR.

Plain and simple. Leave it at that. Don't hate him, mock him, or otherwise bring attention to him or potentially sin yourself.

cinnamonxspider
11-02-2005, 12:03 PM
wow...americans are really opinionated on michael moore. i never really cared, maybe cause i'm canadian and cause he's just some dude who's REALLY good at making movies. the way he makes his films are just so good, in the sense of manipulating young people who don't have an opinion on bush. ever notice that? he throws a bunch of things together that have no relevance to each other together to make them look like they have relevance, but they totally don't, but at the same time, he's not lying, he's just deceptive. i noticed that a lot in bowling for columbine, which was a pretty sweet movie. i've never seen farenheight 9/11. i don't even know how to spell farenheight. i go by the metric system.

TheFireBreathes
11-02-2005, 02:00 PM
The only reason I want this thread to live is so people will read the genius (yes, I might sound arrogant) of what I said. IGNORE HIM AND HAVE OTHERS DO SIMILAR.

Plain and simple. Leave it at that. Don't hate him, mock him, or otherwise bring attention to him or potentially sin yourself.

Maybe you should start your own thread on that then. I think when Bob stated "A new movie . . . http://www.wrathofbush.com/ yay for more biased, twisted "facts" being put into a video . . . seriously, when will Michael Moore stop?" that he would expect some people agreeing with him. I cant ignore Michael Moore and just let him throw out obscure things a about my buddy Bush and expect to just sit there and do nothing. instead I state my opinion so I can make a difference.

bob
11-02-2005, 03:14 PM
I wish I could click my ruby slippers together 3 times and he'd dissapear, but he's not going to go away because the media will push for him and the youth will follow him because they don't know how to make up their own opinion. A lot of kids are lemmings when it comes to politics and they assume if it's on a movie, it's fact, and that saddens me.

completely_nuts
11-02-2005, 04:34 PM
welcome to america, home of the slobs who will work as hard as they can to not have to actually work.

alorian
11-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Pshcht (https://members.premiereinteractive.com/ows-img/glennbeck/pages/28585/41410_2484.htm#) ;)

Spiffles
11-02-2005, 05:27 PM
It's all godo to have oppinions on things. Thsi fella just puts his oppinions into movies cause he wants them to be heard.. Doesnt mean he is right, or wrong, it's just his oppinions.. If anyone was ever serious enough to combat his movies or whatever, you can always do your own movies and docomenturies. Challenge what he says, shows your side of things.. or write a letter to a newspaper for an editorial or something.. Get your voice out there as well.

bob
11-02-2005, 06:14 PM
I am planning to make my own movie eventually, i'm going to follow him around with a video camera a couple of days and see if he appreciates it.

cinnamonxspider
11-02-2005, 07:56 PM
welcome to america, home of the slobs who will work as hard as they can to not have to actually work.

ah yes...america. the land of opportunity.

TheFireBreathes
11-03-2005, 09:53 AM
I am planning to make my own movie eventually, i'm going to follow him around with a video camera a couple of days and see if he appreciates it.

I'd be glad to help :)

alorian
11-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I was tempted to say something, but realized that it was slanderous. I'm not going to post anything in this thread, because I'd probably say something that my Saviour wouldn't appreciate.

NightCrawler
11-03-2005, 10:14 PM
Seth, my feelings are the same. And I kinda was hoping my posts in this thread would've been more constructive... namely for people like us...

mk kid
11-04-2005, 08:08 AM
hey bob thanks for posting this thread, i am in an a debate class, and everyone in it either thanks micheal moore or john stewart or john kerry is wonderful and they are constantly thinking and putting forth this idea. micheal moore to them is wonderful. i think that he is a moron. i cant stand the guy, because he acts so arogant and he is rude, thanks for letting me let off steam it is nice to know that people like me are still out here. mk kid out.

riz
11-04-2005, 10:34 AM
Well, I have to admit that John Stewart is wonderful. You just can't take anything he says seriously. Or maybe you can?? :o

bob
11-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Well, I used to watch the Daily Show a lot, but it got rather annoying the liberal bias he holds, and it's an extreme liberal bias. So, I got annoyed by it and I don't watch that much of it any more, I also didn't like watching the stupid Comedy Central commercials for South Park . . .

TheFireBreathes
11-04-2005, 01:37 PM
Well, I used to watch the Daily Show a lot, but it got rather annoying the liberal bias he holds, and it's an extreme liberal bias. So, I got annoyed by it and I don't watch that much of it any more, I also didn't like watching the stupid Comedy Central commercials for South Park . . .

Im not trying to start any arguements but did you know the creaters of South Park are huge conservatives?

bob
11-04-2005, 06:23 PM
Regardless of the fact of what their political stance is, their show is crude and highly offensive, yes I know it's the intention of the show to offend people, but I find that wrong and not something that i'd think God would want me to watch.

alorian
11-04-2005, 06:42 PM
Im not trying to start any arguements but did you know the creaters of South Park are huge conservatives?

Yeah, but their shows aren't very - Christlike, are they?

skilletosis
11-04-2005, 06:57 PM
Moore's movies in my opinion don't even qualify for documentaries. They are opinion pieces, made by someone who has a gift at twisting and manipulating the truth. Did any of you see Farenhype 911, it really broke down the misrepresentations made in Moore's movie. Personally who I really like and admire in documentary filming is Christiana Amanpour (I'm sure I butchered her name), her piece which was a reporters piece on Afganistan during the Taliban riegn was so moving.

unshakeable15
11-04-2005, 07:26 PM
in some ways, yes, he's got a liberal slant on the show. in others, not really. most of the time, Jon Stewart just makes fun of whatever comes up. it just so happens that conservatives do a lot of stuff that is easy pickings. ;)

i'll echo Skilletosis' call for Fahrenhype 9/11. last year on my campus, they showed Moore's movie, then they showed the rebuttal to it a couple weeks later (because of student outcry against Fahrenheit 9/11). granted, Hype got far fewer students attending, but what would you expect when it wasn't made by Michael Moore.

NightCrawler
11-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Moore's movies in my opinion don't even qualify for documentaries. They are opinion pieces, made by someone who has a gift at twisting and manipulating the truth. Did any of you see Farenhype 911, it really broke down the misrepresentations made in Moore's movie. Personally who I really like and admire in documentary filming is Christiana Amanpour (I'm sure I butchered her name), her piece which was a reporters piece on Afganistan during the Taliban riegn was so moving.
Fahrenhype 9/11 was pretty decent, especially at thrashing almost all of Moore's arguments.

bob
11-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I've never seen that movie before, i'll have to look into that . . .

SkFan1983
11-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Gosh that man annoys me. He thinks he has the right facts but all he does is grab them and change them around to make them fit him. Kinda like Hollywood films. I think I have decided I am going to make a documentary against him and show the real Truth, I doubt Hollywood would except it ha.Good Idea Man 8).

terrasin
11-21-2005, 05:15 AM
Lets take a look at Moore's maturity level...

We hosted him sometime before the '04 elections to come and speak. We probably won't ever host him again because of the way he acted. He had gotten there at the absolute last minute, then complained and refused to take the podium because an employee had a Bush/Chaney sticker on their car in the employee parking lot and he wouldn't take stage till they removed it...

I think this sums up Mr. Moore:

http://mooreisfatduhimstoopidilikeanncoulterandchickenfri es.ytmnd.com/

bob
11-21-2005, 02:26 PM
yeah, that picture does define Mikey . . . :)

TheFireBreathes
11-21-2005, 03:10 PM
Funny, the voice sounded a lot like Homer Simspon. Could it be?

Isildur9473
11-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Lets take a look at Moore's maturity level...

We hosted him sometime before the '04 elections to come and speak. We probably won't ever host him again because of the way he acted. He had gotten there at the absolute last minute, then complained and refused to take the podium because an employee had a Bush/Chaney sticker on their car in the employee parking lot and he wouldn't take stage till they removed it...

I think this sums up Mr. Moore:

http://mooreisfatduhimstoopidilikeanncoulterandchickenfri es.ytmnd.com/

YOU'RE THE MAN NOW DOG

That pretty much sums up Michael Moore. It's also pretty much the best flash site ever.

Maddog
11-21-2005, 05:43 PM
who is michael moore?

Isildur9473
11-21-2005, 05:45 PM
who is michael moore?

He created several interesting movies that cause a lot of debate.

Wikipedia FTW (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_moore)

Maddog
11-23-2005, 08:20 AM
oh ok. Thanks

frymeskillet
12-01-2005, 08:49 AM

Well said! he is in fact a fat guy, i could see him doing a film like 30 days (the movie where the guy eats mcdonalds for a month) i wonder what weight he'd be to then... HAHA then we could seriously make fun of him then! what the heck, i just want to see him rot in a place lower than the earth...if you get what im saying! but all things aside, im being irrational and nonchristian like. so yeah.....

Isildur9473
12-01-2005, 08:54 AM

I'd say he has a real job. As much as I don't agree with it, he's manipulating people into believing him, and making a lot of money in doing so.

He's just like Jerry Springer. That guy is a genius. He takes people from parts of society we don't want to see, and lets us see them raw. We want to see the dredges of society, but we don't often have a chance to. He manipulates these people into acting for our enjoyment.

Michael Moore does the same thing with politics.

NightCrawler
12-01-2005, 08:56 AM
Wow. How come so many people think that mocking a fool is beneficial?

unshakeable15
12-02-2005, 10:41 PM
who is the greater fool, the fool himself, or the one who mocks and belittles the fool?

Isildur9473
12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
who is the greater fool, the fool himself, or the one who mocks and belittles the fool?

At least he's making good money at it. I applaud him for being able to have a steady fanbase, and to continue to make these. That being said, I don't like how he does this.

disciple
12-02-2005, 10:58 PM
The latter. One who slanders and mocks another is the true fool, as he is enlightened by God's wisdom, and yet abandons it to belittle someone of earthly wisdom and different mindset.

The man who slanders another lowers himself to the level he believes the one he is mocking abides.

unshakeable15
12-02-2005, 11:21 PM
At least he's making good money at it. I applaud him for being able to have a steady fanbase, and to continue to make these. That being said, I don't like how he does this.
did i ever say who was the fool and who was the fool-mocker? ;)

NightCrawler
12-05-2005, 05:25 PM
Regardless, there is a lot of foolishness and tomfoolery being fooled around with.