korey_cooper_jr
11-07-2005, 11:00 AM
What are your views on if a woman can be a successful President of the United States?

Do you think that only a man can lead the country, that no woman could possibly have the skills necessary to lead the US to growth and victory?

I am doing a persuasive speech on this subject for night class tomorrow. I would just like to get your views on this matter.

I personally am strongly for a woman President. There have been many great women in the past who accomplished great things, even better than men. For example Jackie Mitchell was the first woman to be signed onto a pro-baseball club, and in 1 game struck out both Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig! There are quite a few women rulers in other countries today! Like Finland, Ireland, New Zealand, and the Philippines. Not only that, but a woman President would pave a path for younger females to set their dreams and goals higher! While women tend to be more emotional about things, women are likely to look at things from a different perspective. Their judgment and perception of things can help turn a situation around.

In 1910 the people who were denied the vote were idiots, lunatics, criminals, and women. What if almost 100 years later we were to see a woman President!

But while I am a strong feminist, I just want to encourage those old enough to vote in the 2008 election to not vote for someone because they're male or female, because they look nice, or because everyone around you thinks they would be best. Vote for the person you believe has the best leadership qualities and skills to lead our nation through the best of times and the worst of times. Don't let gender fool you on who can make the best decisions for America. :) Thank you.

PinkGoo
11-07-2005, 11:03 AM
WOW... i don't have an opinion one way or the other...

TheFireBreathes
11-07-2005, 11:16 AM
Its not against the law for a woman to run. Hilary Clinton might run in 08 (that'll sure be fun..). But I don't know, my sister and my mom arnt even ready for a female president yet because they don't think a woman could run the who;e country. But yeah Ill have to think about that. I think it would depend who she is and what acomplishments maybe shes done. Thats just me though.

md4j
11-07-2005, 12:37 PM
I personally don't think it would be a great idea. For many reasons but one is this. If the U.S. had a woman president many of the nations that we are attempting to become allies with, such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries wouldn't take us seriously because of their views of the world. I have other opinions as well, but this one is sufficient for now.

skelfy
11-07-2005, 12:39 PM
One thing to think about is this: If you find one bad thing about the female gender you can find another for the male counterpart. So saying a woman can't become president because she is 'moody' is not a very good basis, because men can be [insert adjective of choice].

Spartan
11-07-2005, 12:46 PM
I think that a woman can run the country. (personally i don't think Hilary has the stuff for it) If she were a strong woman who knew where she stood, then i'd say yes (as long as she's a Republican) Throughout history we've seen that women can do most (if not all) of the things that men do. I don't know if our country is ready to have a female president or not. but that's not for me too decide.

(Oops, i was signed in under the wrong name, this is a Bassplayer post)

as~i~lay~dying
11-07-2005, 02:51 PM
i think a women could be an awesome presedent!

cinnamonxspider
11-07-2005, 03:16 PM
we once had a woman as a prime minister here. they say she was the worst leader canada had...and she stayed in office for about...4 months or something. yeah. 4 months. i don't have an opinion on women leading countries, i'm just saying about the time the only woman has been in power up here.

korey_cooper_jr
11-07-2005, 04:10 PM
we once had a woman as a prime minister here. they say she was the worst leader canada had...and she stayed in office for about...4 months or something. yeah. 4 months. i don't have an opinion on women leading countries, i'm just saying about the time the only woman has been in power up here.

Well, just because one woman does a poor job doesn't mean all of them will do the same. It's just the same for men. Some men and women were born to be great leaders. Gender, race, and religion has nothing to do with being able to lead and contirbute to growth and inspiration.

I know you, cinnamonxspider, wasn't really meaning that all women are bad, but I just wanted to state my opinion on that. :)

lee
11-07-2005, 05:20 PM
i don't believe god ment for woman to lead the u.s. i don't believe god ment for woman to be president. woman are too emtional to be president, that is just my opinion.and if we have had man as presidents all this time, then i don't see a way we could get a woman president. this whole woman power thing, is just wrong, woman can't live with out men, but men can't live with out women.

skelfy
11-07-2005, 05:36 PM
I really don't believe that whole emotional thing. And men can't have, what, anger issues? So women like Madeleine Albright and Condeleeza Rice are just women...in power...just not president...cause they'd be too emotional?

Spiffles
11-07-2005, 06:13 PM
agreed.. the emotional thing is dumb.. males get emotional as well.. granted, it can be different type at different times, but it cans till affect the way a male thinks or feels or anything just as much as a female..

If the U.S. had a woman president many of the nations that we are attempting to become allies with, such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries wouldn't take us seriously because of their views of the world.

Most of those countries dont like us anyway.. it doesnt really matter if it was a male or female running the country...New Zealand has a female leader and they do alright.. England use to have a female leader and they did alright.. (prime minister, not the Queen).. there the 2 examples i know of..

theelectric3
11-07-2005, 06:16 PM
I personally don't think it would be a great idea. For many reasons but one is this. If the U.S. had a woman president many of the nations that we are attempting to become allies with, such as Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia and other Arab countries wouldn't take us seriously because of their views of the world. I have other opinions as well, but this one is sufficient for now.

that is my outlook on it as well.

but to be honest, if i like her better than the person runing against her (in terms of beliefs and such) then i'll chose a woman.

newday_7
11-07-2005, 06:56 PM
i say, a woman could just as well as a man, it just depends on the person not the gender wether they're a good leader or not

NightCrawler
11-07-2005, 10:21 PM
Eh, ... depends on how you look at it. Talk to me on AIM if you want a debate devoid of emotion.

Mr. Xcitement
11-08-2005, 01:24 AM
I feel a woman can be president, cause how I look at it, if God wants it to happen, it'll happen, and he will bestow her the gifts that she needs to do her job.

terrasin
11-08-2005, 07:52 AM
I think it's a very bad idea. Many countries still see women as weak. If we put a woman in office, we will probably end up seeing these countries trying to push their political position and take advantage. What this will eventually mean is more war and more struggle.

If Hillary runs in 08, I see a massive uprising of feminists in this country trying to push her election. The only way she could possibably be beaten is if someone well known and of high standing runs against her. The only person I could think of at this point would be Rudy Juliani, but as I understand it, he might be running as VP for another person. Personally, I think Juliani would be a great president. He would get my vote in an instant.

CJ

Mr. Xcitement
11-08-2005, 08:26 AM
I really don't think it'd be that bad, yes some countries like the ones in the middle east that look down on woman might become harder to have talks with, because they might not take her seriously, but as I said before, if God wills it, then it will happen, and these days, although slowly, I believe the middle east might start changing their views on women, at least I hope and pray they do.

NightCrawler
11-08-2005, 08:27 AM
I think it's a very bad idea. Many countries still see women as weak. If we put a woman in office, we will probably end up seeing these countries trying to push their political position and take advantage. What this will eventually mean is more war and more struggle.

If Hillary runs in 08, I see a massive uprising of feminists in this country trying to push her election.

CJ
I tend to agree.

NightCrawler
11-08-2005, 08:28 AM
I really don't think it'd be that bad, yes some countries like the ones in the middle east that look down on woman might become harder to have talks with, because they might not take her seriously, but as I said before, if God wills it, then it will happen, and these days, although slowly, I believe the middle east might start changing their views on women, at least I hope and pray they do.That is true, regardless of the occasion. It was God's will that a horse was part of the senate (Roman times, by way of Caligula).

sky_flashings
11-08-2005, 08:59 AM
I agree with CJ on this. If a woman ran for President, I doubt that she'll be elected souly for the fact that she'd make a great President. The feminists would rise up and get everyone to elect her because she would be female, and that would be cool! Or whatever...
Personally, I think the first female President will be asassiinated. I know that women are becoming more equal and stuff like that, but it seems to me that there's too many people out there who wouldn't like it so much that they'd protest in bad ways. I mean, women have had the same rights as men only for so long, and I don't think our country's in a position for us all to accept that they have so much power as to be President. While women have power, it is still limited if you look closely.
Take a look at what most all of past Presidents looked like in the stereotypical President. They were male, older, "Christian", had a wife with two kids, graduated from a top university, usually had military background, etc.
Meh, I'll post more later.

korey_cooper_jr
11-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Sure men get emotional too, that's a given, but women can be a lot more unpredictable.

Unpredictable!? It sounds like we turn into monsters and go on rampages. I know that it does change our mood, because, well, it's really crummy. But that doesn't mean I'd shoot someone or make a crazy decision.

bob
11-08-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, I don't think a woman will win the presidency in the near future. I just don't think that it would be a good idea at the moment or possibly ever, I agree with Skynes, SOME women are unpredictible, and that would be really bad. Or you could get a femi-nazi for president and they pass a bunch of stupid laws against men, which would be obsured, but that's a worst case scenario. As for 2008, I used to support Gulianni, but when I found out he was pro-murder, oops, I mean pro-abortion, I didn't like him anymore. I want a conservative candidate on economic and social issues, but that might be asking for too much. But I do like Sam Brownback, who is a senator from Kansas, he's a pretty good guy in my opinion. But it is way to early to tell what is going to happen. This is going to be the first election in a while without an incumbent, so it shall be interesting to see, but for the moment all I can say is this:

http://www.anyonebuthillary2008.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Sticker_01_13c.jpg

riz
11-08-2005, 04:09 PM
Or you could get a femi-nazi for president and they pass a bunch of stupid laws against men, which would be obsured, but that's a worst case scenario.
This comment is one of the most obsured things I've read, no offense. Do you even know how laws are passed? First laws don't even start as "laws" they are known as bills (anyone ready for a healthy round of School House Rock?) and they have to run through the legislative branch before they even reach the president! And then if the president approves the bill, it still needs to be deliberated before it becomes a law etc.

I'm up for a women president if she has the right credentials, can do the job well, and is strong enough to carry out all that needs to be done. I don't know if it will be possible for one to be elected in 2008 (although I know Hilary does have a very big fan base from what I've seen online, but Kerry did as well). I don't know if America is ready for it. In the future it is definitely possible, but I highly doubt it will happen in the upcoming presidential race.

(I was going to make a comment on past presidents, but felt it would be in poor taste, so I'll abstain...)

korey_cooper_jr
11-08-2005, 04:34 PM
http://www.anyonebuthillary2008.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/Sticker_01_13c.jpg

Why are you so against Hillary? What has she done that makes you (or anyone else) believe that she is a horrible person or that she wouldn't be a good president? (I personally haven't really kept up with the times on her, so I dunno what she has done)

theelectric3
11-08-2005, 04:44 PM
(anyone ready for a healthy round of School House Rock?)

i remember school house rock! :)

anyway...

bob
11-08-2005, 04:52 PM
This comment is one of the most obsured things I've read, no offense. Do you even know how laws are passed? First laws don't even start as "laws" they are known as bills (anyone ready for a healthy round of School House Rock?)

Riz, it's called sarcasm, I see you know how to use it too . . . ::]

bob
11-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Why are you so against Hillary? What has she done that makes you (or anyone else) believe that she is a horrible person or that she wouldn't be a good president? (I personally haven't really kept up with the times on her, so I dunno what she has done)
I do not agree with any of Hillary's stances on issues and I really don't think she'd be a good leader. Furthermore, I doubt she will even make it out of the primaries if a strong Democratic candidate steps up.

NightCrawler
11-08-2005, 10:41 PM
HAHAHA... I don't think I like that idea... What if Nader runs?!

PinkGoo
11-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Gah... I just read this thread and think the emotional thing is absolutely ridiculous. Just because you are on your time of the month doesn't mean you go nuts and lose all common sense. You feel pretty lame, but very few females completely lose it. (And Sknes, I almost always agree with your posts, but... really. How do you know what you are talking about here?)

...Just for the record I am 100% anti-Hillary. :evil:

NightCrawler
11-08-2005, 11:26 PM
Would you want a drunk president?

No, of course you wouldn't. Why not? Because while he most likely won't go on a rampage, nor has no common sense, he still lacks the proper judgement of a clear mind that would be fitting for a nation's leader.

skynes
11-09-2005, 01:00 AM
I've deleted my posts here and will refrain from posting until as such time as I have better information on this subject.

I will say that God has always picked male leaders bar a few. I do not fully understand why, but I trust that He has a good reason for it.

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 02:57 AM
Well, just to throw this thought out here....

Skynes mentioned that " God has always picked male leaders..." Well, I'm sure that God never intended on sin happening like the 2 towers terrorist attack, the major flooding, or even homosexuality. I mean, I know God doesn't make the evil happen. And even though this world is coming to an end and major evil is running rampid, must me do all we can to stop women from being a role model for our kids so they won't raise their dreams, goals, and inspiration higher?

And in the Bible it mentions about the Man being the head. Does this mean that women are less? Does this mean that it is a sin for a woman to show leadership ability and be a figure for our growing country?

terrasin
11-09-2005, 08:26 AM
I don't believe that a female could not be a good leader for a country, I just don't believe that a female would be a good leader for THIS country. Here in America, we live on the thin line. We take every right we have to the extreme and try to push people by pushing the rights they gave us (i.e. free speech). I believe that people take their rights too far and think they are doing it for good. Look at all the protests we have in this country that end up turning into rediculas attention seeking festivals. For instance, in San Fran this week, a bunch of ladies were arrested for walking down a main street topless because they were protesting. The first thing they said was they were excercising their right to free speech.

So what does this have to do with a female president? Simple, most of these extremeist groups are part of the feminism or gay rights movements (excluding PETA). If we had a female president running, these people would be pushing and funding the campign to the point where no one would be able to block her out as a canidate. If she ended up getting into office, you would see her being swayed by these groups in her decisions when running the country. This would push this country further along in it's already steady demise.

CJ

mk kid
11-09-2005, 08:36 AM
well said CJ, the only way a woman in my opinion and this goes for males as well would be a good president is if 1. if she was single and totally devot herself to that office, all of us know it is not like being a senator 2. If she is a god fearing woman and loves the Lord. 3. if the lord called her to do it, if she is not called and does it anyway like all of us wh odo our own thing, she is usurping god. also being a republican would help as well( for those of who are not republican look at where this is placed in my post). mk kid

fire-inside
11-09-2005, 10:45 AM
I hope Hillary runs and wins. And does a better job than our current president. And puts you all in your places.

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 10:53 AM
I hope Hillary runs and wins. And does a better job than our current president. And puts you all in your places.

Mwhaha. :D

And you know mk kid, what does being single have to do with anything? All men presidnets in the past have had wives. This doesn't mean a woman can't be MARRIED. Just because she has a husband/kids doesn't mean she won't do the best to her abilities. And same for a man. Of course, if you do believe a woman holds back because she's married, then I feel the same way about men.

skelfy
11-09-2005, 11:12 AM

Haha, I like you Rachel.

bob
11-09-2005, 11:44 AM
All men presidnets in the past have had wives.
that would be incorrect, President James Buchanan was never married.

TheFireBreathes
11-09-2005, 12:10 PM

I doubt she will, there are more liberals who dont like her than ones who do.

riz
11-09-2005, 12:23 PM
I was going to post something, but Rachel's just made my day and therefore I will sit back and bask in her coolness.

bob
11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Hillary flip-flops too much to be a serious candidate. I would vote for a woman any day, as long as she has the credentials, i'm not voting for someone just because they're a woman, that'd be stupid. Yes, I know 2008 is going to be my first election I can vote in, so don't make a snide remark about my age. Because very few people are informed and they vote on image alone is the reason I frown upon some candidates. I mean, a woman said she wasn't going to vote for Brownback in 2008 because she didn't like his hair, I mean, what kind of a reason is that?

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 01:48 PM
that would be incorrect, President James Buchanan was never married.

Okay, I didn't mean it literally, but well, thankx for correcting me anyway. :)

fire-inside
11-09-2005, 01:52 PM
You all and your change the nation torches. Aw. The last time I tried to change the nation with my stupid vote, we ended up with this... man, in office again and now look where that got us.

I think Oprah should be the next president and just give everyone free cars and books.

And also. In most households, who does the budget and pays the bills? Who makes sure things get done when they need to? Who makes sure everyone gets to where they need to be on time? Who goes and talks to your teachers when you screw up in school? In most homes, it's the mother. That's what this stupid country needs: A mom to put everything back in it's place.

bob
11-09-2005, 01:59 PM
You all and your change the nation torches. Aw. The last time I tried to change the nation with my stupid vote, we ended up with this... man, in office again and now look where that got us.

I think Oprah should be the next president and just give everyone free cars and books.

And also. In most households, who does the budget and pays the bills? Who makes sure things get done when they need to? Who makes sure everyone gets to where they need to be on time? Who goes and talks to your teachers when you screw up in school? In most homes, it's the mother. That's what this stupid country needs: A mom to put everything back in it's place.

ummmm . . . for me that would be my dad. I'm sorry if some people's dad's are durnks who don't do anything but sit on there butt. Not all men are as useless as you think. Same goes for women, but some are just kind of out there . . . and a bit to the extreme.

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 02:05 PM

Oh my gosh..... Music to my ears, poetry to my heart! *Hugs* That's what's needed to be said. Thank you.

fire-inside
11-09-2005, 02:07 PM
ummmm . . . for me that would be my dad. I'm sorry if some people's dad's are durnks who don't do anything but sit on there butt. Not all men are as useless as you think. Same goes for women, but some are just kind of out there . . . and a bit to the extreme.
Wow. Way to make a pretty nasty assumption.

And for the record buddy, I never said men were useless. Nor did I say that every household is budgeted by the woman. You're so freaking assuming.

bob
11-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Aren't you assuming though? I'm sorry but you are seeming like a hypocrite here . . . :S Yes, I probably am I hypocrite too, but I can live with that. I'm just not one to go making hasty blanket statements. You said that mothers do all the work, and each family is different. So you are making a huge assumption there because not all families have mothers or fathers or either, it all depends on the circumstances, there are too many factors to put into it.

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Aren't you assuming though? I'm sorry but you are seeming like a hypocrite here . . . :S Yes, I probably am I hypocrite too, but I can live with that. I'm just not one to go making hasty blanket statements. You said that mothers do all the work, and each family is different. So you are making a huge assumption there because not all families have mothers or fathers or either, it all depends on the circumstances, there are too many factors to put into it.

Well, I'm sure she was just meaning the majority, ya know? And let's not get too mad here..... I'm all for debating on this, but let's not make enemies.... :S

bob
11-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, I'm sure she was just meaning the majority, ya know? And let's not get too mad here..... I'm all for debating on this, but let's not make enemies.... :S
Majority? How can you say a majority of women do this and that when you don't know the majority of women? That is being way to vague and assuming way too much. And as a matter of fact, i'm not mad, i'm smiling . . . :D unless you consider smiling fiendish . . . which would be weird . . . but i'm not a fiend. Anyway, back to topic . . . I have absolutely no problem with female politicians Margret Thatcher was a great PM of Britain, I just don't know about our country, like CJ said, you have to take into account that we are in the middle east right now and women are viewed entirely different over there.

TheFireBreathes
11-09-2005, 02:21 PM
I was going to post something, but Rachel's just made my day and therefore I will sit back and bask in her coolness.

What is so great about Senator Clinton anyways?

-She is pro-abortion and her voting record shows she voted yes to paying for overseas abortions.

-Voted yes on expanding embryonic stem cell research

-Voted yes on gay-marriage

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Majority? How can you say a majority of women do this and that when you don't know the majority of women? That is being way to vague and assuming way too much.

Well, I'm sorry that I said that wives drive their kids to sports practice, cook, clean, and might even possibly pay the bills...and maybe work too! :-\

TheFireBreathes
11-09-2005, 02:33 PM
[QUOTE=fire-inside] The last time I tried to change the nation with my stupid vote, we ended up with this... man, in office again and now look where that got us. QUOTE]

Whats to say Your vote didnt count? Can that really be proved?

-In 1645: ONE VOTE gave Oliver Cromwell control of England.
-In 1649: ONE VOTE caused Charles I of England to be executed.
-In 1776: ONE VOTE gave America the English language instead of German.
-In 1839: ONE VOTE elected Marcus Morton as the Governor of Massachusetts.
-In 1876: ONE VOTE saved President Andrew Johnson from being removed from office.
-In 1876: ONE VOTE changed France from a monarchy to a republic.
-In 1923: ONE VOTE gave Adolph Hitler leadership of the Nazi Party.

How has this....man effected you? What has he made different of you than 5 years ago? Not to be mean, Im just curiuos because Im always hearing statements from people at school and they're like "Bush f'd up this country blah blah blah" Though these people are not any different from how they were going to be if Kerry was president.

bob
11-09-2005, 02:33 PM
and i'm also sorry that a majority of women:
Know nothing about politics
Drive gas guzzling SUVs and then complain about gas prices
blame everything on George Bush
support gay marriage
think women should be allowed to have abortions

now don't those assumptions sound rather harsh? That is why it's no a great thing to assume, that's the point i'm trying to make. Just because we have never had a women president doesn't mean we should assume if we had one everything would be la de da.k There are majore risks involved in it. This government is pretty stable the way it is (even if it is way to big) and I fear that if we tinker with it too much the harm could be irreversible. Just my $.02. No, I don't agree with all those assumptions, i'm just throwing them out there . . .

zjf
11-09-2005, 02:46 PM
Allow me to throw my 2 cents in. The way I see it is that women are meant to follow the man. Even says so in the Bible. Men are natural born leaders. I'm of course not saying that *ALL* women should be at home cooking and cleaning, *HOWEVER*, I am saying that it takes a lot for a woman to be a leader. I doubt Hillary has what it takes, judging from a Christian's perspective, as well as from a guy who just listens to everything around him (I annoy people sometimes because I hear a conversation behind me and catch everything said *WHILE* listening to the person talking to me in front of me). Watching Hillary's mannerisms, the things she supports, and various other quirks, I say if she runs in 2008, vote Republican.

Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it :-)

fire-inside
11-09-2005, 03:11 PM
Whats to say Your vote didnt count? Can that really be proved?
No see, I DID vote for Bush. And now I wish I hadn't, he's done so crappy lately.

NightCrawler
11-09-2005, 04:59 PM
[...]*ALL* women should be at home cooking and cleaning,[...]

Just my 2 cents. Take it or leave it :-)
I agree. ;)

;)

deadb4dawn
11-09-2005, 05:51 PM
o u dont know the hole u guys just dug urselves into.

bob
11-09-2005, 05:58 PM
o u dont know the hole u guys just dug urselves into.
Please use correct grammar . . . hrmmmm . . . I don't see a problem with what was said. Is it wrong to expect a women to do her part of the family? Yes, i'm old fashioned, but there's nothing wrong with that.

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 06:07 PM
Why is it so hard for guys to admit that women are equal? No more, no less. Must we always be defined as slaves in houses? >:(

bob
11-09-2005, 06:09 PM
The bible says that Men are supposed to be over women, are we to argue with what God says? A women is equal, but she must do her part of the family, someone has to clean the freaking house you know, it doesn't do it itself.

zjf
11-09-2005, 06:11 PM
If you don't believe me, look it up yourself in Ephesians 5:22.

Even better, I'll post it here for all to see: "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord." (NIV)

Wives are to be *UNDER* the men...not over the whole country. Even says so in the Bible. I dare you to refute that fact.

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 06:16 PM
A women is equal, but she must do her part of the family, someone has to clean the freaking house you know, it doesn't do it itself.

Where in the Bible does it talk about women cleaning the house as HER JOB ON EARTH? Is this your opinion on what women should do?

So, what I'm getting from what you're trying to say is that a women should clean, cook, take care of the kids, AND possibly have a job, while the man just has a job... and supposedly "pays the bills".

What if a woman was destined to find the cure for cancer? What if a woman had the abilities to hit more homeruns than any man? What if a woman had the courage to lead a Country to grow and prosper?

bob
11-09-2005, 06:20 PM
Well, when a man is able to give birth to children, then he can take the responsibility of looking after the kids 24/7. Women have connections with the children that men don't because during conception a chemical is transfered from the mother to the kid that makes a chemical connection between the mother and child that men just don't have. Women are better at cleaning then men, and that's a fact. Efficincy is the key. Women don't have to get jobs either, if the man makes enough money, they don't need a job, it's their option.

Also, a woman doesn't have the same sketetol structure as a man and their rotator cuff moves differently than that of a man. That is why women can throw windmill style better than men, that also means that women can't put more power into their swing. So I doubt a women will ever brake Barry Bond's homerun record.

terrasin
11-09-2005, 06:25 PM
I find it funny when people want to blame Bush for everything wrong. The same people who couldn't do a better job themselves are the same ones who sit here and criticize when it's plainly obvious they have not one idea how politics or government works in the real world.

Personally, what I am more angered about in our government is the fact that people we vote into office as representitives of the people, think they are being voted in as kings instead and have the ability to do whatever they want. Nothing irritates me more than seeing the government trying to control how we live. This was a nation started by the people, for the people, but has turned. Our country is no longer a democracy. A democracy is "government by the people, exercised either directly or through elected representatives". They call the USA a democracy, but at the end of the day, our vote doesn't even matter. It's only a "popular vote" in which the outcome can be overruled in a electoral vote done by the state government.

CJ

korey_cooper_jr
11-09-2005, 06:29 PM
Women are better at cleaning then men, and that's a fact. Efficincy is the key.

Ha, please. Why is the word "majority" ringing in my ear?

Women don't have to get jobs either, if the man makes enough money, they don't need a job, it's their option.

:) Yeah... and I'm sure there are men and women who would like to sit at home all, but what I'm talking about is a role model for younger generations. As I stated earlier, a female President (who did a good job in office; you can have bad people in office male or female) would give inspiration to, well, mainly younger grils to set their dreams, goals, and motivations higher to accomplish bigger and better things! There have been many great men leaders. Why not give women a chance to make a difference in a Presidential Leadership.

Anywho, well, it's been good debating with ya, but I'm beat. Got school tomoroe and such. Take it easy.

zjf
11-09-2005, 06:32 PM
Agreed CJ. I find it funny that the people who blame 9/11 on Bush refuse to see that it was in fact Clinton that demolished all of the security protocols we had in place during the last Bush administration. They also fail to see that it was Clinton that derailed all of the "Nonstrategic" military bases in the US right before we needed them. Nonstrategic doesn't mean they can't provide support for the "Strategic" ones. It's a good idea anyways to keep bases in case someone attacks one like what happened in Pearl Harbor. One more thing to add to the list: you support abortion? You do know that you could have been aborted just as easily. Now do you?

bob
11-09-2005, 06:34 PM
But the point i'm making is that a woman wouldn't do good in office. First off, Congress would never let her do anything, regardless of who has the majority, and second off, her popularity would drop really fast when they look around and all the problems that they were complaining about still exist. The president is partly a figurehead, the only real power they have is veto, and even that can be over ruled. Everything a president does can be overturned and you would end up having another presidancy of the likes of Presidnt John Tyler, who wasn't allowed to do anything by congress.

NightCrawler
11-09-2005, 08:23 PM
cough esther, deborah, others cough

weebird20
11-10-2005, 01:35 AM
ok things here are getting too out of hand and so the thread will be locked to allow for everyone to have some time to calm down.

weebird20
11-14-2005, 09:31 AM
By re-opening this thread we are hoping that you have all had time to reflect on what has been said...it is good that you all have strong opinions on this matter and are so interested in politics...but we would also like to point out that this thread is about...
What are your views on if a woman can be a successful President of the United States?

Do you think that only a man can lead the country, that no woman could possibly have the skills necessary to lead the US to growth and victory?
...there is no right or wrong here...not everyone is going to agree with your opinions on this and by becoming defensive or hostile about how other people think will in no way benefit anyones learning on the subject...if we find that people still continue to argue the thread will again be locked.

Isildur9473
11-14-2005, 10:48 AM
You guys have this all wrong. It's the mans place to earn money, have a job, and eat steak and such. It's the woman's place to cook, clean, and raise the children. Women shouldn't be able to be leaders! Or vote! or drive! Or think..

Both sexes are equal. If a woman runs against a man, and gets more votes, she should win. There's no reason that a woman can't be president.

XxskilletxX
11-14-2005, 02:07 PM
There has been a great deal of controversy in both society and church on this question. The bible has many accounts of women in very important roles.

One good example is Deborah, a prophetess who led Israel at the end of 20 years of Canaanite opperession(in judges 4-5). The lord told Deborah what had to be done to free the Israelites. But one man refused to go unless she went with him. She went and with the help of God. But as she Predicted that women would be given credit for the victory. And she was right,Sisera the enemy leader went to the women for help but instead they killed him while the army was looking for him.

God not only permits women to be leaders, he sometimes appoints them. God gives the gift of leadership to men and women. And calls on each of them to use those gifts.

skilletosis
11-17-2005, 08:36 AM
I think a woman could run our country well. As long as that woman isn't ME. The first hint of PMS coupled with an Anxiety Attack and my finger would be on the button. And I think that the quote that I would be remembered for would be "Shut up and just do what your told!"

md4j
11-17-2005, 01:27 PM
cough esther, deborah, others coughEsther wasn't the leader.

md4j
11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
There has been a great deal of controversy in both society and church on this question. The bible has many accounts of women in very important roles.

One good example is Deborah, a prophetess who led Israel at the end of 20 years of Canaanite opperession(in judges 4-5). The lord told Deborah what had to be done to free the Israelites. But one man refused to go unless she went with him. She went and with the help of God. But as she Predicted that women would be given credit for the victory. And she was right,Sisera the enemy leader went to the women for help but instead they killed him while the army was looking for him.

God not only permits women to be leaders, he sometimes appoints them. God gives the gift of leadership to men and women. And calls on each of them to use those gifts.While you are correct it wasn't God's original intent for women to be over men. In times when there were no Godly men to lead God did appoint a Godly woman to lead because it is better for a Godly woman to lead than an unGodly man to lead.

NightCrawler
11-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Esther wasn't the leader.
Wow, I'm dumb.

Bassplayer
11-21-2005, 06:05 AM
I find it funny when people want to blame Bush for everything wrong. The same people who couldn't do a better job themselves are the same ones who sit here and criticize when it's plainly obvious they have not one idea how politics or government works in the real world.
i agree. I find it interesting that all of the people (Hilary, Bill, and other democrats) talk about supporting the war and being all for it. And now, they're trying to take back what they said. They're starting to go against the war. And, even though they said almost the exact same thing as Bush, Bush is the one considered the liar. I've been listening to Sean Hanity (awesome man) while he was talking to some democrats. The whole time their trying to blame Bush and say it's his fault and that he lied to us. But when the Democrats said the same exact thing, they weren't lying. talk about a double standard. I think Hilary changes her mind on too many issues too many times. She's a people pleaser. Right now, i don't think that there are any women in politics that are truely up to the challenge of being president. Maybe later on in the future, but not anytime soon. But (big but) if the woman is firm in what she believes, knows where she stands, and is truthful, then maybe the timing is right. But i think the woman is going to have to be someone who the people actually love. Hilary does not exhibit the kind of love and radiance that the people need. I think she might have her own agenda.

Maddog
11-21-2005, 06:57 AM

I am doing a persuasive speech on this subject for night class tomorrow. I would just like to get your views on this matter.

I personally am strongly for a woman President. There have been many great women in the past who accomplished great things, even better than men. For example Jackie Mitchell was the first woman to be signed onto a pro-baseball club, and in 1 game struck out both Babe Ruth and Lou Gehrig! There are quite a few women rulers in other countries today! Like Finland, Ireland, New Zealand, and the Philippines. Not only that, but a woman President would pave a path for younger females to set their dreams and goals higher! While women tend to be more emotional about things, women are likely to look at things from a different perspective. Their judgment and perception of things can help turn a situation around.

In 1910 the people who were denied the vote were idiots, lunatics, criminals, and women. What if almost 100 years later we were to see a woman President!

But while I am a strong feminist, I just want to encourage those old enough to vote in the 2008 election to not vote for someone because they're male or female, because they look nice, or because everyone around you thinks they would be best. Vote for the person you believe has the best leadership qualities and skills to lead our nation through the best of times and the worst of times. Don't let gender fool you on who can make the best decisions for America. :) Thank you.

I dont like the Idean about woman ruling a contray or a Church. Thats just my views. I think God blessed males with being able to lead, not women. Women are just to emotional. But we have other things that guys cannot do as well. Like being able to birth and nutrue children.
Again I just dont think woman should stand over a man

NightCrawler
11-21-2005, 02:19 PM
I dont like the Idean about woman ruling a contray or a Church. Thats just my views. I think God blessed males with being able to lead, not women. Women are just to emotional. But we have other things that guys cannot do as well. Like being able to birth and nutrue children.
Did you read this thread before posting?

In it there were things discussed, like how being 'too emotional' is not grounds for not leading a nation (or even a church).

I agree with your stance, just not just for the reasons you gave.

Isildur9473
11-21-2005, 06:01 PM
In it there were things discussed, like how being 'too emotional' is not grounds for not leading a nation (or even a church).

Well imagine if a woman was the President.

Ms. President: I'm a single mom raising 4 kids, cooking dinner, and running the most powerful nation in the world! Cut me some slack!

Reporter: Ms. President, how do you feel about the allegations that Switzerland is making?

Ms. President: Which ones?

Reporter: That your hair style is a copy of Heather Locklear.

Ms. President: That's it! Nuke Switzerland! Heck, take out all of Europe, show those Commies what happens to people who make false allegations about my hair!

skelfy
11-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Thank you members of PH.org MB, for providing me with (almost) daily humor.

fire-inside
11-21-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm with you Morgan. I might be speechless.

NightCrawler
11-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Wow, Greg. Wow.

Isildur9473
11-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Well I know that I won't be voting for Hilary if she somehow makes it into the '08 election.

NightCrawler
11-22-2005, 08:22 AM
Well I know that I won't be voting for Hilary if she somehow makes it into the '08 election.I won't either. And it isn't because I am a sexist. It is just my stance politically mixed with my stance on social structure.

terrasin
11-22-2005, 08:33 AM
I hear that Rudy might be running as VP for '08 with some canidate I've never heard of. Granted, I think he should be running for Pres, but VP will have to do I guess. hehe

CJ

Isildur9473
11-22-2005, 08:33 AM
I won't either. And it isn't because I am a sexist. It is just my stance politically mixed with my stance on social structure.

Same here. I also don't want someone who could quite possibly be the Anti Christ in office.

PinkGoo
11-22-2005, 08:37 AM
*Reads thread*
*Laughs until her face turns blue*
*Reads it again, this time for the political opinions *

Hmmm.

Isildur9473
11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
Hmmm.

Personally, I don't think that Hmmm would make a good candidate for the 08 election. He's pretty weak on medical and educational issues. I guess it would really come down to who he picked as his running mate.

PinkGoo
11-22-2005, 08:41 AM
Greg... STOP BEING SO HUMOROUS! My lungs are going to pop if I can't stop laughing so I can breathe...

Isildur9473
11-22-2005, 08:43 AM
Greg... STOP BEING SO HUMOROUS! My lungs are going to pop if I can't stop laughing so I can breathe...

Do you know what that sounds like? A personal problem.

PinkGoo
11-22-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm leaving...

bob
11-22-2005, 08:56 AM
Personally, I don't think that Hmmm would make a good candidate for the 08 election. He's pretty weak on medical and educational issues. I guess it would really come down to who he picked as his running mate.

Dude, that's exactly what I thought. :o ::]

korey_cooper_jr
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM

So you're saying that guys don't get over emotional and punch walls or get in fights and hit things..... and because girls just cry means that they can't lead?

Maddog
11-22-2005, 03:18 PM
I just think guys are better at it, thats all. Its just my personal opion, I think guys should be presidents and church leaders, I am not saying that women arnt good at it, and cant do things like be the mayor or things like that. But personally i just dont thinmk that they should be the president

Isildur9473
11-22-2005, 03:25 PM
So you're saying that guys don't get over emotional and punch walls or get in fights and hit things..... and because girls just cry means that they can't lead?

lol, it's more than crying. :) Complete emotional instability much? PMS? Menopause?

Maddog
11-22-2005, 03:47 PM
haha! You be funny

unshakeable15
11-23-2005, 12:15 AM
in my health class, my teacher told me something i didn't know (nah! really?).

basically, guys have a cycle similar to the female's mentrual cycle. only ours is shorter, and less up and down (there's a word i want, but i can't think of it!! aahhh!!!). our high aren't as high, and lows aren't as low. but we do have highs and lows.

also, there has been a women President, of sorts. during the last 17 months of Woodrow Wilson's presidency, after his stroke, he was pretty much incapacitated. nobody made any moves to remove him from office. during that time, his wife Edith was supposed to have unobtrusively done many of Wilson's Presidential duties.

just a little fact i thought was interesting. :)

asparagus
11-23-2005, 01:03 AM
Women are better at cleaning then men, and that's a fact. Efficincy is the key.
I keep our apartment clean, I do the vacuuming (my wife has never once vacuumed), I do the errands, groceries and half the cooking. Furthermore, I'm good at it and I take pride in it.

Do you think I am going against God's will for my wife and I? A simple yes or no will do.

korey_cooper_jr
11-23-2005, 04:00 AM
in my health class, my teacher told me something i didn't know (nah! really?).

basically, guys have a cycle similar to the female's mentrual cycle. only ours is shorter, and less up and down (there's a word i want, but i can't think of it!! aahhh!!!). our high aren't as high, and lows aren't as low. but we do have highs and lows.

also, there has been a women President, of sorts. during the last 17 months of Woodrow Wilson's presidency, after his stroke, he was pretty much incapacitated. nobody made any moves to remove him from office. during that time, his wife Edith was supposed to have unobtrusively done many of Wilson's Presidential duties.

just a little fact i thought was interesting. :)

Thankx for bringing this to our attention. I remember going over that in American History last year, about Wilson's stroke and Edith basically being his speaker and such. Good point indeed.

NightCrawler
11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Asparagus:

No.

unshakeable15
11-23-2005, 06:43 PM
i think that's representative of how it should be.

that is, if there are no able male leaders who are willing to stand up and do their job, then let a capable woman have it.

that's how it was in the Bible. Debra was a judge because there were no other men willing or able to step up and lead.

having said that, those who pointed out that a woman president would have issues when working with Muslim countries, or countries that don't value women as highly, they have a point.

NightCrawler
11-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Very much so, Mike.

deadb4dawn
11-27-2005, 06:07 PM
but what if god was a girl!? i watched that movie dogma and it got me thinking. i know... well nobody knows.... but what if?

bob
11-27-2005, 07:09 PM
One could go on forever with "What if . . ." but it doesn't change the present.

TheFireBreathes
11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
but what if god was a girl!? i watched that movie dogma and it got me thinking. i know... well nobody knows.... but what if?

I think Dogma was making fun of Christians...

Isildur9473
11-27-2005, 07:48 PM

Nope. Dogma was making fun of Christians.

NightCrawler
11-28-2005, 12:51 PM
but what if god was a girl!? i watched that movie dogma and it got me thinking. i know... well nobody knows.... but what if?The idea of God being a girl directly contradicts the Bible. The point of the movie was to mock, construe, and fit as much dogma in that movie. Product: mockery of all christianity, and some other religions. (they threw in Norse stuph and others)

"The Father..."... said many times, by Jesus Christ. I think He'd know the gender of the Almighty.

deadb4dawn
11-28-2005, 12:51 PM
i thought it was makeing fun of cachlics. (but it was a funny movie)

NightCrawler
11-28-2005, 12:52 PM
i thought it was makeing fun of cachlics. (but it was a funny movie)
It was, and many others. And it was funny. But ... does not reflect the Truth.

deadb4dawn
11-28-2005, 04:49 PM
sure... whatever u say

bob
11-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Well, anyway, back to the topic . . . I don't see Hillary as a serious candidate to become our first female president, Rice said she isn't running, so I don't think that we will have a female president in '08.

lee
11-28-2005, 05:58 PM
i don't either, i totally agree with bob on this one. hillary just seems like a huge joke to me.

skynes
11-29-2005, 12:19 AM
I've seen Dogma loads of times, it takes the piss out of mainly Catholics, not Christianity in general.

There is a point behind the God being a girl, they even say in the movie that He's technically not a gender at all, which is true. He has both male and female personalities and desires.

bob
11-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Yes, but God isn't running for president, so if you want to discuss God's gender, make another thread. But let's stick to the topic here please :)

Spiffles
11-29-2005, 06:34 PM
wouldnt it be cool if he was running for pressy though ;D

bob
11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
Yes, it would be a landslide by far . . . :) :P

riz
11-30-2005, 03:01 PM
And back on the topic of a woman president (e.g. Hillary), here's something for everyone to be amused with for a few hours: here (http://www.geocities.com/fkhaugesund03/dancinghillary.html).

bob
11-30-2005, 07:02 PM
nah, dancingbush.com was the original, so it had already lost it's entertainment value . . .

frymeskillet
12-01-2005, 08:42 AM
i'm still entertained by both... it is pretty funny though!

riz
12-01-2005, 10:31 AM
You'd have to admit, this one is much better.

bob
03-02-2006, 12:18 PM
So, anyone have anything new on the topic they'd wish to discuss?

wk4c
03-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I'd be ok with a woman as long as I agreed with her policies.....

aliengurl7
04-19-2006, 11:33 PM
A woman president is a definite possibility, its just none have ran for presidency atleast I don't think, but most likely Hilary will in the near future and I wouldn't be surprised if she won. I fine it funny that some people think it can't happen.Just because women are more emotional doesn't make them weak just human and they're honest about what they feel and not afraid to show it unlike men that try to hide it. A woman president is far more likely then a any other race that isn't white so the chances or higher. Women are just as capable as men when it comes to being the president, both can make decisions and both make mistakes and if women can be prime ministers,why not the president of the U.S?

Isildur9473
04-22-2006, 08:15 PM
I'd be OK with a woman as long as they changed the Selective Service Act to include women. If they don't, I don't believe that women should hvae the same rights as men.

alorian
04-25-2006, 04:23 PM
A woman president is a definite possibility, its just none have ran for presidency atleast I don't think, but most likely Hilary will in the near future and I wouldn't be surprised if she won. I fine it funny that some people think it can't happen.Just because women are more emotional doesn't make them weak just human and they're honest about what they feel and not afraid to show it unlike men that try to hide it. A woman president is far more likely then a any other race that isn't white so the chances or higher. Women are just as capable as men when it comes to being the president, both can make decisions and both make mistakes and if women can be prime ministers,why not the president of the U.S?

For the record, I'm pro-womens rights. Give them responsibilities along with those rights though. (IE Selective Service)

Women not afraid to show their true emotions? Give me a minute to finish laughing.. maybe two. Women are more emotional, as seen in their chemistry. I have known many females though who mask their emotions with either callousness or other emotions.

If Hillary makes her campaign based on "We are more morally strong than the republicans, can make better decisions, do the opposite of everything Bush did, flip his hurricane machine switch in reverse" etc etc. I'm pretty sure it'll be a democrat. If not Clinton, then another. I'm hoping for another (and not because she is a woman)

Yes, a woman president is more likely than one of another race.

Women just as capable? No. They're capable in different ways, both males and females are competent enough to be president.