riz
11-08-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm supposed to leave Friday for Paris for the weekend and meet up with friends from Geneva and from back home. With all the riots happening in France right now, it just makes me a tad nervous (my parents are especially nervous about it, naturally).

So prayer is definitely appreciated. We'll be staying in the downtown touristy areas, so we shouldn't encounter any problems. But you never know.

lamb_servant72
11-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I'm praying for you, Riz.

TheFireBreathes
11-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Have fun bud, Ill be praying.

theelectric3
11-08-2005, 04:45 PM
prayers for you and your friends.

as~i~lay~dying
11-08-2005, 06:23 PM
wow..i would give anything to go there...anywayz have fun! and i will send a prayer for ya! =)

riz
11-14-2005, 04:42 AM
I'm back again. No riots to be seen anywhere... even on my trip into Paris from de Gaulle. Nothing. Not even the hint of unrest or fear... ANYWHERE. Frankly, the media oversensationalised everything. Parisians are really nice, so don't even buy into that stereotype of the snotty, holier-than-thou, and pretentious French. The people who did start this stereotype probably were stupid enough not to communicate properly with anyone. It was a remarkable time. I wish I could have stayed longer.

Thanks everyone.

theelectric3
11-14-2005, 01:56 PM
glad you had such a great time. :)

unshakeable15
11-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Parisians are really nice, so don't even buy into that stereotype of the snotty, holier-than-thou, and pretentious French. The people who did start this stereotype probably were stupid enough not to communicate properly with anyone.
my thoughts exactly. :)

glad you didn't die in a car fire or riot or anything. :)