guitargirl06
11-09-2005, 09:22 PM
there has been threats that there is gonna be a school shooting at my school.. its being taken as a joke, but please pray... alot of people are really nervous. thanks!

drumchick101
11-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Wow, I hope the administration isn't taking it for a joke! But don't forget that this situation (even if the shooting doesn't occur) can be used as a whitness for Christ. just the fact that you don't have to be afraid to die because you have Jesus. I'll pray that it is prevented.

><sarah><

guitargirl06
11-10-2005, 07:27 PM
thanks for prayer... nothing happened as of today... but there were only like 100 out of 1,200 students at school today, so who knows what tomorrow will bring. Just pray that our nerves are calmed and our fears relieved.

as~i~lay~dying
11-11-2005, 10:29 AM
i will...thats scary/sad.....i hope everythings ok

drumchick101
11-11-2005, 08:06 PM
Man, I am so sick of school shootings and threats!! I hope satan knows that this generation isn't going to take this crap any longer...

><sarah><

panhead_91
11-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Man, I am so sick of school shootings and threats!! I hope satan knows that this generation isn't going to take this crap any longer...

><sarah>< I agree! I am praying

Isildur9473
11-15-2005, 09:28 PM

><sarah><

Umm... how do you stop it?

Spiffles
11-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Higher security levels... teaching people from a younger age how to deal with their emotions/problems/issues better.... bring God back into educational systems... those would help I beleive...

Isildur9473
11-15-2005, 09:55 PM
Higher security levels... teaching people from a younger age how to deal with their emotions/problems/issues better.... bring God back into educational systems... those would help I beleive...

Higher Security Levels, yes those would help as well as building a firmer emotional base for kids.

However, bringing God into Schools is completely wrong IMO. This is not a Christian country, it's a secular one. The last thing America needs is to have an official religion, look at all the good that's done to countries in the past? How do non-Christians feel? More alienated?

drumchick101
11-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I must say I am with spiffles, but I was referring to praying for them and stepping out in our faith. I think that this is something that must be changed in the lives of students, not necisarily the law. We can start a revival without changing legislation. I don't know if legislation will do much, and I understand greg's point. Even in the puritain days, they were christian because of society, not by choice. I can't say I'm completly against it, but I definetly understand greg's point. However, I believe that revival will be the thing that truly makes a difference.

><sarah><

Aragornsgirl217
11-16-2005, 02:17 PM
i'll be praying!

Isildur9473
11-16-2005, 08:41 PM
I must say I am with spiffles, but I was referring to praying for them and stepping out in our faith. I think that this is something that must be changed in the lives of students, not necisarily the law. We can start a revival without changing legislation. I don't know if legislation will do much, and I understand greg's point. Even in the puritain days, they were christian because of society, not by choice. I can't say I'm completly against it, but I definetly understand greg's point. However, I believe that revival will be the thing that truly makes a difference.

><sarah><

What do you mean by revival? Do you mean everyone suddenly coming to Christ?

as~i~lay~dying
11-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Higher Security Levels, yes those would help as well as building a firmer emotional base for kids.

However, bringing God into Schools is completely wrong IMO. This is not a Christian country, it's a secular one. The last thing America needs is to have an official religion, look at all the good that's done to countries in the past? How do non-Christians feel? More alienated?

our country was founded on the bible! wihtout God our country will fall~ we shouldnt tell poeplewhat to believe but we should not take God out of this country

drumchick101
11-17-2005, 12:47 PM
What do you mean by revival? Do you mean everyone suddenly coming to Christ?

In the history of our world, there have been times where God tremendously pours out his flesh on a particular people, in a particular place. People get saved, healed, and delivered in unimaginable ways. It is a mass outpouring of the Holy Spirit. It's also referred to as a "refreshing" of His Spirit given to His people. It isn't necessarily a magical "everyone coming to the Lord" party (although that would be fun ;D)although many people do end up coming to the Lord but there are other things that happen as well. It's like someone took the miraculous and snapped it off of it's chain as if it was a hungry dog that had been chained for way too long. I encourage you to read a bit about the history of revivals..it's pretty stinkin' sweet stuff.

our country was founded on the bible! wihtout God our country will fall~ we shouldnt tell poeplewhat to believe but we should not take God out of this country

This is so true. Our founding fathers were diest's. The funny thing is that they were also pretty heavy alcohol drinkers! I find this funny because I heard a theologian say once: "It is amazing how anything got done because the amount of alcohol that was consumed at the constitutional convention was staggereing." But there really wasn't anything else to drink because the water wasn't safe but that's beside the point. Back on topic this country was founded on the principals of God and returning to that fact wouldn't be such a bad idea.

><sarah><

Spiffles
11-17-2005, 01:13 PM

I honestly beleive... even if America is not a christian country... it is irelevant....The way I look at it is..The country would be much better off with God as its head...
You either have God, or you dont.. and i'd rather have God.. I'm much better off with him then without him.. and i truely beleive it is the same for every nation as well as every individual.. Bring God, his principles and his teachings back into society, and everything would start to be better...
... thats not preachng at people either.. thats just having, society run Gods way.. I actually dont beleive preaching at people is good either.. i beleive in winning people to the Lord through relationships... but thats a different topic..

As for the trouble at your school guitargirl06 I hope and pray that things have calmed down..

Isildur9473
11-17-2005, 06:39 PM

No it wasn't. Out of the 13 original colonies, 4 were founded for religious reasons, and even that number is debatable. Those colonies were Massachusetts, which was founded for Sepratists, Maryland, a haven for Catholics which turned 20 years later into a mixing pot of all religions, Rhode Island which was started by a guy named Roger Williams after being kicked out of the Massachusetts bay colony, which turned out much like Maryland in the following years. Pennsylvania was started by William Penn in an effort to establish a state where the Quakers could escape persecution.

After that, we broke off from England since we believed they were unfairly taxing us, and to a degree that was true. We didn't have represenation in Parliament. However, most of the taxes were a result of the French and Indian War, still, this country broke off from England, due to men like John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and George Washington. Benjamin Franklin wasn't a Christian.

After the Articles of Confederation failed, we decided to form a new constitution in 1787. It was decided that we would have no national religion, no one religion would be any better than any other in this country, so one religion didn't gain too much power such as they did in Europe throughout the past. This country was never meant to have one religion, so why give the God from one religion attention on Federal Documents, such as money, and why is the diety from one religion in the Pledge of Alleigance?

This is so true. Our founding fathers were diest's. The funny thing is that they were also pretty heavy alcohol drinkers! I find this funny because I heard a theologian say once: "It is amazing how anything got done because the amount of alcohol that was consumed at the constitutional convention was staggereing." But there really wasn't anything else to drink because the water wasn't safe but that's beside the point. Back on topic this country was founded on the principals of God and returning to that fact wouldn't be such a bad idea.

Benjamin Franklin, one of the key founding fathers wasn't a Christian. As for returning God to this country, IMO this is a horrible idea. There is a very large number of non-Christians in this country, how would they feel? I for one wouldn't want to be Christian when my so called fellow Christians are turning the United States into a Christian paradise, the rest of the people would grow increasingly angry with us.

Religion in state has done almost no good in the past. Especially Christianity.

I honestly beleive... even if America is not a christian country... it is irelevant....The way I look at it is..The country would be much better off with God as its head...
You either have God, or you dont.. and i'd rather have God.. I'm much better off with him then without him.. and i truely beleive it is the same for every nation as well as every individual.. Bring God, his principles and his teachings back into society, and everything would start to be better...
... thats not preachng at people either.. thats just having, society run Gods way.. I actually dont beleive preaching at people is good either.. i beleive in winning people to the Lord through relationships... but thats a different topic..

Why don't you try telling that to an Athiest, or a gay person? What if, for God, we started telling them what they were doing is wrong, and they are less of a human being for doing so?

as~i~lay~dying
11-17-2005, 07:56 PM
[QUOTE=Isildur9473] Religion in state has done almost no good in the past. Especially Christianity.QUOTE]

since weve taken prayer out of schools teen pregnancy and violence has gone UP...also think about how things used to be...times have gotten soo much worse since weve taken God out of things....our country was origionally based on the bible...but since weve been goin away fm it things are on a downhill slide...more later dont have time right now~~

Isildur9473
11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
since weve taken prayer out of schools teen pregnancy and violence has gone UP...also think about how things used to be...times have gotten soo much worse since weve taken God out of things....our country was origionally based on the bible...but since weve been goin away fm it things are on a downhill slide...more later dont have time right now~~

Hmm, that's probably why the FBI reported that in 2004 all violent crimes decreased. Also, you can still pray in school, just not vocally...

All major categories of violent crime in the United States declined in 2004, bringing the rates of the most serious offenses, including murders, rapes, robberies and assaults, to a level 32 percent lower than those reported in 1995, the new figures show.

This country isn't originally based on the Bible, did you read anything I Just posted?

Spiffles
11-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Why don't you try telling that to an Athiest, or a gay person? What if, for God, we started telling them what they were doing is wrong, and they are less of a human being for doing so?

Well,
1: i never said that a gay or an athiest was less of a human being for what they do...
2: It's either run a country/nation mans way.. or run a country/nation Gods way...
and I beleive every single nation in this world would be much better being run Gods way... Gods ways are much better then any mans ways.

Isildur9473
11-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Well,
1: i never said that a gay or an athiest was less of a human being for what they do...
2: It's either run a country/nation mans way.. or run a country/nation Gods way...
and I beleive every single nation in this world would be much better being run Gods way... Gods ways are much better then any mans ways.

To us they are. To non-Christians, they see Christians stepping in to try to take over. Plus, there's always the fact that men are greedy, and might not run it Gods way.

Trying to incorporate Christian ideals into non-Christians always will be a horrible idea, and one of the worst ways to witness.

drumchick101
11-21-2005, 11:27 AM
All I will say is this: God will be the one to put this country back together. It will be nothing that we can do. We can pass all of the legislation, start all the youth groups and do what ever we think will do good all we want, but this will not do a thing unless it is God. Unless God does it, it isn't going to do much. I know He's not worried about this country because we are in His hands. He's got it covered.

><sarah><