as~i~lay~dying
11-11-2005, 10:44 AM
My mom told me there was a guy who propheside(sp?) all the stuff that happend in Louisianna and the tornadoes in the midwest.And that somehting is supposed to happen in California....+ that if louisisnna doesnt rebuild it how God wnats it..God will destroy it again..what do u think about this..and does anyone know the name of this guy ???

skynes
11-11-2005, 10:49 AM
No idea, never heard of any of this.

It's prophesied, since you asked.

Isildur9473
11-11-2005, 12:25 PM
My mom told me there was a guy who propheside(sp?) all the stuff that happend in Louisianna and the tornadoes in the midwest.And that somehting is supposed to happen in California....+ that if louisisnna doesnt rebuild it how God wnats it..God will destroy it again..what do u think about this..and does anyone know the name of this guy ???

Some people think that Led Zeppelin was trying to warn us about New Orleans with their song "When the Levee Breaks" or that they were trying to warn us about the earthquake in Kashmir with the song "Kashmir" but that doesn't necessarily make it so does it? That guy sounds like he's got a few screws loose...

NightCrawler
11-11-2005, 06:53 PM
What was the benefit of the prophecy?

drumchick101
11-11-2005, 07:54 PM
Hmm, I think that prophet was Kim Clement. He is a very accurate prophet of God. I'm not sure he said that God will destroy Louisianna if it is not rebuilt the way He wants it so I am not sure that it is realy Kim Clement but I do know that he prophisied about Louisianna and California.

><sarah><

Isildur9473
11-11-2005, 09:35 PM
Hmm, I think that prophet was Kim Clement. He is a very accurate prophet of God. I'm not sure he said that God will destroy Louisianna if it is not rebuilt the way He wants it so I am not sure that it is realy Kim Clement but I do know that he prophisied about Louisianna and California.

><sarah><

How do you know how accurate he is? He could just be making stuff up.

Spiffles
11-11-2005, 09:40 PM
thats the great thing about a prophesy.. you dont know if it's a load of crap or not till it happens..
you could either have faith and blieve it.. but that would probably require knowing how much of a Man of God he is to put the sort of faith to believe something like a whole city is going to be destoyed..

I personally think it's just the environment reacting to all the crap humans have thrown into it for 100's of years.. there is natural disasters everywhere.. tidal waves in asia pacific region... earth quakes in the middles east, tornadoes and hurricanes in the USA.... Rain in England.. (well that doesnt really count, but cause i'm a aussie convict i'm throwing it in there :p )

Isildur9473
11-11-2005, 09:41 PM
I don't trust any of em. This lady started yelling things in the back of my Church once. The fact that they allowed this to continue almost resulted in my permanent leave of absence.

Spiffles
11-11-2005, 09:46 PM
there are some people, that if they prophesied, i would beleive it.. but i only ahve like 2 or 3 people in my whole life i have that much faith in.. and i have known them for a large perioid of my lifeand been a great blessing to me in my spiritual life...
But i wouldnt beleive a stranger rambling on about God whiping a complete city of the earth without something else going on to make me think it was true...

skynes
11-12-2005, 09:58 AM
I must confess, I am skeptical about all these disastes. In the year, we have had 1 massive tidal wave, 1 destructive hurricane, 1 ferocious earthquake and I've heard of a few big tornados, though not much.

What does that leave in the natural disaster category? A volcano is the only one I can think of.

America has been hit, Middle East been hit, Asia has been hit.

That pretty much just leaves Europe...

It's probably just coincidence, but we'll have to wait and see.

as~i~lay~dying
11-12-2005, 10:10 AM
what do you mean skeptikal...as in end times...

alorian
11-12-2005, 10:22 AM
thats the great thing about a prophesy.. you dont know if it's a load of crap or not till it happens..

Hmmmm, I don't agree with that statement... One could pray for discernment.

Spiffles
11-12-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by Spiffles thats the great thing about a prophesy.. you dont know if it's a load of crap or not till it happens..
Hmmmm, I don't agree with that statement... One could pray for discernment.

and here is the part i said right after it that completes my statement

you could either have faith and blieve it.. but that would probably require knowing how much of a Man of God he is to put the sort of faith to believe something like a whole city is going to be destoyed.

alorian
11-12-2005, 12:22 PM
Nah, not knowing how much of a man of God he is, but how much of God is in the message.

Loonatic
11-13-2005, 10:35 AM
I personally think it's just the environment reacting to all the crap humans have thrown into it for 100's of years.. there is natural disasters everywhere.. tidal waves in asia pacific region... earth quakes in the middles east, tornadoes and hurricanes in the USA....

I Agree. It's our fault that things like these happen because we didn't care about our nature in the past. And still most of us don't. For instance, our true believer George Bush not signing the Kyoto protocol- very christian indeed! >:(

hey folks my first post in here :)

lamb_servant72
11-13-2005, 11:13 AM
[QUOTE=Spiffles]thats the great thing about a prophesy.. you dont know if it's a load of crap or not till it happens..[QUOTE]

This is scriptural. Jeremiah 28:6 and 9 tell us that is how we know if a prophecy is from God...if it comes true.

1 Thessalonians 5:20 says, "Do not despise prophetic utterances."

So, I just listen to these, tuck them away, and wait to see what happens.

alorian
11-13-2005, 12:15 PM
Off topic, I know, sorry mods, but they brought it up first :P

The earth has been deteriorating for a LOOOONG time, ever since the fall of man. Scientists have said that the pollutants that man has put into the air is just a minor contribution to what's already been up there for the past however many years you believe the earth is old.

TheFireBreathes
11-13-2005, 03:37 PM
I don't trust any of em. This lady started yelling things in the back of my Church once. The fact that they allowed this to continue almost resulted in my permanent leave of absence.

Well if you dont believe anyone, how would you believe the prophets from the Bible? They are not really any different from real-prophets today.

skynes
11-14-2005, 12:26 AM
what do you mean skeptikal...as in end times...

What I mean by skeptical is that I'm not 100% sure that these are just coincidence and that it's all over yet.

It's too convenient that every major continent but Europe has been hit by a different disaster each time. It just seems to have a pattern, but I need to wait and see what happens before I can be sure of it.

Mr. Xcitement
11-14-2005, 01:42 AM
Also, instead of just jumping to conclusions on this, weather goes in patterns, and I had heard a Scientist say that right now, the weather is in the stage of renewing itself or something like that, but I also feel God does have a hand in it. Also, I did read a article about man in...Israel I believe that predidcted Katrina before we even knew about the storm, I will try and find the website I read it on.

Spiffles
11-14-2005, 02:26 AM
It's too convenient that every major continent but Europe has been hit by a different disaster each time. It just seems to have a pattern, but I need to wait and see what happens before I can be sure of it.

Australia hasnt been hit by anything major (we actually are a continent).. and has south America been hit by anything major? (i'm really not sure.. that why asking)

skynes
11-14-2005, 02:37 AM
Australia hasnt been hit by anything major (we actually are a continent).. and has south America been hit by anything major? (i'm really not sure.. that why asking)

My apologies, I forgot Australia.

Did South America not get hit by the hurricane too?

TheFireBreathes
11-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Also, instead of just jumping to conclusions on this, weather goes in patterns, and I had heard a Scientist say that right now, the weather is in the stage of renewing itself or something like that, but I also feel God does have a hand in it. Also, I did read a article about man in...Israel I believe that predidcted Katrina before we even knew about the storm, I will try and find the website I read it on.

Yeah, just before 9/11 there was a kid who predicted that the towers wont be there anymore. They obviously interviewed him after 9/11.

Jesusfreak7777
11-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I prophecy another hurricane

alorian
11-14-2005, 07:41 PM
Hmmmm, I don't really see ever having another hurricane ever again ;)

Actually, not weather, but Europe has a "disaster"... the riots in France.

skynes
11-15-2005, 01:31 AM
The riots in France are exaggerated. The media is professional at it.
But you do have a point, there was a lot of rioting in N Ireland a while back.

unshakeable15
11-15-2005, 12:51 PM
My apologies, I forgot Australia.

Did South America not get hit by the hurricane too?
i'm not certain, but i'm pretty sure they just hit Central America (which is part of North America). i don't think South got hit.

agent_c68
11-15-2005, 06:31 PM
I prophecy another hurricane

Another hurricane eh? I wouldn't be surprised, hurricanes are rather common in parts of the world. I'd call that a forecast, not a prophecy.

One thing about prophecy is that it's spesific. Just about every Biblical prophecy I know of is spesific, this will happen if you don't repent. "another hurricane" isn't spesific, "a hurricane will destroy Miami" is more spesific, and "a hurricane will destroy Miami before this December" is even more spesific.

NightCrawler
11-15-2005, 10:12 PM
And "a hurricane will destroy Miami because the city hasn't repented of their sins (wearing bikinis)" is even more specific. (I am joking about the bikini sin, just... laugh)

Isildur9473
11-16-2005, 08:18 AM
Well if you dont believe anyone, how would you believe the prophets from the Bible? They are not really any different from real-prophets today.

Easily. God wouldn't allow something incorrect to be in the Bible, where as with free will, we can say whatever we want to anyone.

skynes
11-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Easily. God wouldn't allow something incorrect to be in the Bible

Wrong. And I will tell you why.

Isaiah, Jeremiah, Hosea etc. Were all people just like us. They were sinners, yet they trusted God, just like us.

The people of their day had no more reason to believe them than we have reason to believe the Prophets of today.

We can look back now and see that their prophesies were from God, were 100% accurate and were written as scripture in the OT. So we can know they are true, but had we lived in their day, we would not have known any better.

unshakeable15
11-18-2005, 03:19 PM
prophets of old, however, had a pretty harsh punishment for false prophecy. if what they said failed to come to pass, the people were told to kill that prophet. harsh, but since the prophets were the mouth piece of God, it was really the only way to keep God's true words separate from any old joe's.

some of you smart guys who think ahead are probably wondering why Isaiah and Jeremiah and such didn't get killed when their prophecies weren't fulfilled for hundreds of years. well, a prophet would give a 2-part prophecy, one short-term, that, if it came to be, would let the people know they could trust the second, long-term, prophecy.