NightCrawler
11-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I grow weary of questions like "what does it matter?" and "all I know about this is [statement], anything else is just stupid to discuss"...and the like. Theories. Hypothetical thought. These are fun. Why NOT talk about things that aren't clear-cut

I'm sorry, it is not just this forum, it is on several I attend. A lot of people I know on forums really don't get how this is fun, at least for me. Anyone else care to discuss things that cannot be directly proven?

drumchick101
11-11-2005, 08:02 PM
Sure! The only time that I don't like discussing things is when I am not completely educated on the subject. I often get lost in the politcs and wonder how everyone knows so much about everything. But besides that, I love to discuss things. It has actuallly been especially annoying me lately that everyone at my school just rants and raves about how they hate Bush. You don't have to agree with the desicions our president makes but I'm sick of people ranting and raving without any evidence besides the biased media (I don't care which side it is partial to). It doesn't really happen here but it does at school a lot; and when I want to argue it with them by asking tons of "how?" and "why?" questions, they get annoyed and change the subject. But (sorry 'bout the rant, it is oficially over) anyways, I love discussing things.

><sarah><

skynes
11-12-2005, 10:00 AM
I like Mars Hill. It's the place I've clocked up most of my posts on. Most of my biggest topics are ones which CANT be proven (even Creation/Evolution) but which I think there is strong evidence for.

See if someone started a cool thread like Temporal Parodoxes and trying to discuss how Time works, I'd be all over it in a second ;) I don't care if it can't be proved or not, if it's a great topic, Ill post.

fromano
11-12-2005, 01:59 PM
for me, i find it fun to enter debates, and then catch the person when they give things like contradictory statements. ("there are no absolute statements" which is an absolute statement, so...) that and by debating things it helps me understand stuff and think it through

NightCrawler
11-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I like Mars Hill. It's the place I've clocked up most of my posts on. Most of my biggest topics are ones which CANT be proven (even Creation/Evolution) but which I think there is strong evidence for.

See if someone started a cool thread like Temporal Parodoxes and trying to discuss how Time works, I'd be all over it in a second ;) I don't care if it can't be proved or not, if it's a great topic, Ill post.Amen! Same here.

NightCrawler
12-15-2005, 07:28 PM
Theories are fun.

Isildur9473
12-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Evolution seems credible to me. I've taken a bunch of Zoology courses in school, and it seems like the bone structure of all animals gradually builds into us. Radio-Carbon dating seems logical even though Christians have "disproved" it.

PinkGoo
12-15-2005, 09:24 PM
I grow weary of questions like "what does it matter?" and "all I know about this is [statement], anything else is just stupid to discuss"...and the like. Theories. Hypothetical thought. These are fun. Why NOT talk about things that aren't clear-cut

I'm sorry, it is not just this forum, it is on several I attend. A lot of people I know on forums really don't get how this is fun, at least for me. Anyone else care to discuss things that cannot be directly proven?

I rarely post in Mars Hill, but reading the posts is very enjoyable to me. If I have something I really think needs saying I'll post, but other than that... no. I think debating these things is awesome. I guess it really doesn't matter if any of it can be proved... arguing theories and examining the evidence is a lot of fun.